THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject:

One of the great redemption stories of all time. I hope he'll always think of himself as a Laker, I know I will. Definitely want him back for more.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Just love his turnaround this year. It really is amazing to see his growth as a person. Obviously happy he did it with the Lakers, but happy for him and for us fans to be able to go through this with him. If he was with another team and did this, I don’t think we’d fully understand how much he’s grown. Stay the course, Dwight. It’s beautiful to see.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Indeed what a beautiful story. He has been on many teams in the past but to me it feels so right to see him as a Laker.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

post-game locker room celebration stream he's in tears, talking about never giving up on your dreams.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

I could see Dwight coming back next year. Try to add to his ring collection. Then I'm thinking we'll see him seated between Shaq and Chuck.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to this man
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject:

I'm so happy for Dwight. He's been through some absolute (bleep) these past couple of years, bouncing around from average team to average team. That reputation as one of the worst teammates in the league just growing and growing

Well, he's put that reputation to the side now. He's a champion, and it's so well deserved! Congrats D39!
#18 next...
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

Congrats to our Prince Zuko
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

Dwight champion Howard

D39Stay
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Dwight deserves this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUVIlLrg04

Don’t forget, he’s donating his full salary as well!
Champ!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

The bow on a HOF career. Can’t believe I hated his guts and wanting nothing but basketball failures for him and now I’m ecstatic he’s a champion and going to HOF
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

Happy for Dwight. Left here and was hated by Lakers fans. Swallowed his pride and signed a show me non-guaranteed contract. Was high energy and effort the entire year and quite frankly, helped save the Lakers when Boogie went down before the season started. Good job, Dwight. Played like a champ in your role and now are a champion on your resume.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Couldn't be happier for Dwight, quite a story and turnaround. Beautiful to see how much the victory means to him. 10 rebs 2 blks off the bench on a nightly basis, was all about the team. Gz to him.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I would make him a priority.

As great as AD is, he brings a physical defensive presence we need and is still plenty athletic enough.

I wouldn't break the bank, but he deserves a respectable offer...he was key the whole season in my mind.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Thank You Dwight.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

We will need to sign him as a priority. I don't think we get past the Nuggets without him to slow down the Joker. And the Nuggets will only get better next year
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

As great as AD is, he brings a physical defensive presence we need and is still plenty athletic enough.

I wouldn't break the bank, but he deserves a respectable offer...he was key the whole season in my mind.

What is a respectable offer?

no problem at $3M. At $5M, getting unaffordable as the Lakers are going to want to stay below the new lower cap with AD’s new contract
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject:

DH deserves this ring. He earn it. Hope he could stay with us for another run.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

I heard GS is interested in him. If we can't keep him, I would rather another team break the bank to get him, than them.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

no problem at $3M. At $5M, getting unaffordable as the Lakers are going to want to stay below the new lower cap with AD’s new contract

LOL, good point.

I would even go higher than $5 million...go into the tax if necessary, the time is now as we are back in the mix yo!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

LOL, good point.

I would even go higher than $5 million...go into the tax if necessary, the time is now as we are back in the mix yo!

I love Dwight on this team too. I'm being a bit lazy confirming this, but I think the Kareem, Magic, Worthy & the LeBron, AD, and Dwight teams are the only championship teams that had 3 No.1 overall picks on their rosters.

We know why they were picked No.1. They all ooze with talent, even Dwight at this point is just as fast & athletic as most other big men.

Keep em' together, and just tweak our way to more ships' until there's no more to get.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

LOL, good point.

Wouldn't that use up the MLE? I agree to a point as long as it's not too crazy and they feel they have no shot at a great target willing to take a bit less to play for us.

I think a lot of people forget just how important he was since he didn't play a ton in the Finals. Against the best team we faced imo in the Nuggets he's a vital piece to put on Jokic. I see the Nuggets only improving as long as they keep Grant which is very likely.

Rob is going to have A LOT of very important decisions to make but I believe along with Vogel, Lebron and AD they can recruit a few nice bargains and hopefully keep the majority of the team in tact.

I have a hard time believing though unless a team just absolutely breaks the bank for him which I dont see happening he won't be leaving the Lakers if we give him a solid number. He had 1 1/2 feet out of the door as an NBA player when he signed with us due to the previous 5 or so years and currently has a great situation where he finally fits and is universally loved by the fans and team.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Honestly I think he will play for a vet minimum and return. He's made a ton of money in his long career and I think he feels like this his extended family who accepts him for his good and bad, and wants more rings.

While we went away from him and McGee in certain series, games, or matchups, just *having* that option was a huge plus for the team. Plus, during the regular season, he helped with McGee (and of course AD) to lock things down in the paint.

I bet he will be offered more to go elsewhere, but will stay here. When you're accepted for who you are - worth more than money can buy (well, unless you havent "made much", but Dwight does not have that issue.)
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Honestly I think he will play for a vet minimum and return. He's made a ton of money in his long career and I think he feels like this his extended family who accepts him for his good and bad, and wants more rings.

While we went away from him and McGee in certain series, games, or matchups, just *having* that option was a huge plus for the team. Plus, during the regular season, he helped with McGee (and of course AD) to lock things down in the paint.

I bet he will be offered more to go elsewhere, but will stay here. When you're accepted for who you are - worth more than money can buy (well, unless you havent "made much", but Dwight does not have that issue.)

Also, for the first time, he has a leader at the head of the locker room that embraces Dwight for who he is. Once upon a time, he had Kobe, but not all leadership styles work for everyone.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

The only team I fear are the Warriors offering him a 2 year $10 million deal. They would ask him to do exactly the same thing he did this year...play D, set picks and be physical. So will Dwight do that in GS? I read he's made well over $200 million as a player so we'll see if $ or being happy in LA with a championship and teammates is more important.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 124 of 137
Jump to: