OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 784, 785, 786 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Kuz made more important strides on defense this year. I think he has now graduated to a good wing defender. His offense is ok and has a fit i to the offense, so for his price he’s a good keep. Remember that we still have the Clips and how bad we needed another wing defender besides Green to stay with Kawhi and PG.
Just let him grow with this team and he’ll be better next year.

Hard to find a long defender who’s role is to be a 3 and D but can put up 21ppg on good efficiency when one our superstar is not playing and he is starting and our record is 7-2 when he does. Also he is gonna be on his 4th year and that’s when most players hit their biggest stride.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

Goodbye boiiiii

He’s not a bad player. He’s just a bad fit with LeBron and AD. Kuzma needs to be a #1 or #2 option on a bad team....he can’t be the #3 or #4 on a contending team

Very low bball IQ. Has been better with off ball cuts and picks, but still below average off ball offense

Defense, despite what people think, is still average at best for his size and athletic ability. It’s all coachable, but at his age, not sure if he will develop to anything more than what he is today.

Everyone thought clarkson / Kuzma would be the exception to the 2+ year college rookies trend, but it’s very clear that older rookies simply do not develop at the rate as 1 and done recruits do in the nba

Goodbye Kuz
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

Glad he got a ring with us, but i wouldnt mind if he leaves.

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject:

Unless the Lakers can pull off getting a Jerami Grant I don't see them getting rid of Kuzma with such a cheap contract.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Unless the Lakers can pull off getting a Jerami Grant I don't see them getting rid of Kuzma with such a cheap contract.

I thought I read he has a 9 mill cap hold..
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:58 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

I thought I read he has a 9 mill cap hold..

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/kyle-kuzma-23622/
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Goodbye boiiiii

He’s not a bad player. He’s just a bad fit with LeBron and AD. Kuzma needs to be a #1 or #2 option on a bad team....he can’t be the #3 or #4 on a contending team

Very low bball IQ. Has been better with off ball cuts and picks, but still below average off ball offense

Defense, despite what people think, is still average at best for his size and athletic ability. It’s all coachable, but at his age, not sure if he will develop to anything more than what he is today.

Everyone thought clarkson / Kuzma would be the exception to the 2+ year college rookies trend, but it’s very clear that older rookies simply do not develop at the rate as 1 and done recruits do in the nba

Goodbye Kuz

100% agree with all points made here
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

Kuzma for what he brings is a bargain.
He at times is the third leading scorer especially during the regular season.
At the beginning of the season expectations were too high.
He was ok during the regular season but did not do as well during the playoffs.
But that was his first playoffs.

Would keep Kuzma if cannot get good value for him.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

Rob proved to everyone he's not a fool.

He's not going to just give Kuz away.

No matter how much some in this fan base does not like him.

So dont hold your breath waiting for Kuz to be traded.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Like some have said I’ll be surprised if he is dealt. He’s cheap still, so he has that going for him. Defensively he got better. Offensively had his moments and that’s saying it nicely. Problem with him is his IQ for the game. He was thinking/or lack there of; to much out there and never seemed comfortable on offense. Year 4 is big for him. For the most part we see what a lot of guys are by their year 4. It’s his contract year too so I’m sure he wants to ball out.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:56 am    Post subject:

Got a feeling that he'd be gone by the all-star break
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:58 am    Post subject:

Oh please stay. How will we replace 10 pts on 43%/30% shooting? #essentialcog
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Oh please stay. How will we replace 10 pts on 43%/30% shooting? #essentialcog

His salary makes him a bargain with that type of production... Plus with less pressure now after winning a title. See if he's more confident and settles down next season.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

I like Kuz but I hope we can package him to bring in more talent. If not, it’s cool too. I just think he’s nearly a finished product ceiling-wise. Hope I’m wrong but his inability to consistently create his shot at 25 is not good enough. He might just be a catch and shoot/slasher but that’s not a 3rd star unless you’re Klay.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I like Kuz but I hope we can package him to bring in more talent. If not, it’s cool too. I just think he’s nearly a finished product ceiling-wise. Hope I’m wrong but his inability to consistently create his shot at 25 is not good enough. He might just be a catch and shoot/slasher but that’s not a 3rd star unless you’re Klay.

Just look at okc found Dort in G league and he’s more valuable than Kuz now. Kid has talent but is best serve with free reigns on a lotto team. Keep him until his contract is up and if he wants above 4 mil a year adios
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Kuz is known for his work ethic. I am one of the few on here that still believed on him despite his inconsistencies. Numbers also does not lie when he started . Hard for young player to find consistency when your roles change every year . We saw that with BI and he is far more skilled. But the fact the Kuz made a big leap defensively it between the bubble should tell you what he’s capable of. And more important , he has the physical tools to get it done.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ben Rosales
@brosales12

A few more items from Shams:

KCP and Rondo opting out. Both mutual interest in re-upping, KCP a possible Atlanta target.

Dwight with interest from Dubs. Mutual interest in returning to LA.

Kuz with several suitors if LA explores trade market.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

His stock is a little too low rn...I think he can be a "workhorse" scorer for us next season, taking the load off of Lebron/AD.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
His stock is a little too low rn...I think he can be a "workhorse" scorer for us next season, taking the load off of Lebron/AD.

We thought that this year too and he failed miserably
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Idk why everyone wants to trade Kuz. Sure he had a mediocre playoffs but he was still the third leading scorer of the team both during the season and during most of the playoffs. For someone who is getting $3 million I think that’s a steal. He won’t be netting big time players especially with a year left in his contract. So the return would be ugly.

If I were the Lakers, I’d ride him out for this last year and if it doesn’t work out, then we don’t have to match his contract next year. If it does work out, then great.
dumpaling
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Idk why everyone wants to trade Kuz. Sure he had a mediocre playoffs but he was still the third leading scorer of the team both during the season and during most of the playoffs. For someone who is getting $3 million I think that’s a steal. He won’t be netting big time players especially with a year left in his contract. So the return would be ugly.

If I were the Lakers, I’d ride him out for this last year and if it doesn’t work out, then we don’t have to match his contract next year. If it does work out, then great.

Well people also want Morey to join our FO so that should tell you something.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

The problem is not that he's a bad player. I think he's a good player who had a bad year, but still made strides in some important areas which allowed him to become an important (though imperfect) role player on a championship team, rather than just a young scorer with potential on a lottery team. That last part is something many similar players would struggle to do, as far as taking a back seat on offense to bigger stars and then being asked to do the little things that contribute to winning instead. IMO it's easier when you're able to take as many shots as you want and when you want, not be held accountable for defense, and do all that on a team that's generally okay with losing like a lot of the younger teams out there.

But that's also the problem. I just think he's gonna be caught in limbo here, since he won't ever start with AD on the team, and he'll be confined to this role that he's not naturally built for. After a championship, you feel irrationally positive about every player and want to bring them all back, but with Kuz I still want him traded I don't hate him as a player, but it's just not a good match between our needs and what he can provide at his best.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The problem is not that he's a bad player. I think he's a good player who had a bad year, but still made strides in some important areas which allowed him to become an important (though imperfect) role player on a championship team, rather than just a young scorer with potential on a lottery team. That last part is something many similar players would struggle to do, as far as taking a back seat on offense to bigger stars and then being asked to do the little things that contribute to winning instead. IMO it's easier when you're able to take as many shots as you want and when you want, not be held accountable for defense, and do all that on a team that's generally okay with losing like a lot of the younger teams out there.

But that's also the problem. I just think he's gonna be caught in limbo here, since he won't ever start with AD on the team, and he'll be confined to this role that he's not naturally built for. After a championship, you feel irrationally positive about every player and want to bring them all back, but with Kuz I still want him traded I don't hate him as a player, but it's just not a good match between our needs and what he can provide at his best.

Im not sure if theres not a fit. Most of our best lineups included davis at the 5. That lets kuzma play 3 or 4, whatever he is "naturally built for". Some of kuzma's biggest games this season were with him playing alongside davis. The game wining shot he made in the regular season was off an assist from davis.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Kuzma had 1 and half good games in the Finals, but people forget how key he was during the Portland and Houston series.

Fans only focusing on his offense but his defense shined in those series. Remember he was the one guarding CJ McCollum and Westbrook. And against Miami, it's not a big sample size but the times he guarded Jimmy, Butler shot only 2-7, the same guy who was shooting 55% in the Finals only shot 28% against Kuzma.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

Last year everyone here said that he regressed and he was a finished product. This year he is better defensively and even had accolades for his defense against Westbrook, Leonard, Harden.

So was he a finished product last year or could it be that he has some room to grow like he did this year.

Can't have it both ways....fakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 784, 785, 786 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 785 of 880
Jump to: