The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1492, 1493, 1494 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
Whether y’all accept him or continue to not accept him as a Laker, his overall legacy has been cemented. As of right now, the only players you can make an argument for being greater than LeBron are MJ and Kareem, but really it’s only, MJ.

Really, at this point, if you can't accept Lebron as a Laker, its time for you to support another team, seriously. Championship in year two...all the hate he has gotten, including in here, lots of tasty crow being eaten. The guys on the Lakers team sure love themselves some Lebron. They don't win #17 without him.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

The pressure he had to help carry this team, especially in the wake of Kobe's death...crazy.

And he delivered.

Man is a Lakers legend for me to the very end, up there with all the greats.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Actually, the concept of the GOAT is really flawed. If I was forced to name a GOAT, I wouldn't. What Bill Russell did, what Kareem did, what Michael did and what LeBron continues to do is really so era-specific as to be wholly incomparable. They were the game's greatest of their own eras, period. No era is greater than another, for me.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Page 625 of this thread is the start of it all...
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Of course I love him now mostly because he's a Laker, but I also respect that he's matured as a player and a person since his earlier years in the league.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:
Whether y’all accept him or continue to not accept him as a Laker, his overall legacy has been cemented. As of right now, the only players you can make an argument for being greater than LeBron are MJ and Kareem, but really it’s only, MJ.

Really, at this point, if you can't accept Lebron as a Laker, its time for you to support another team, seriously. Championship in year two...all the hate he has gotten, including in here, lots of tasty crow being eaten. The guys on the Lakers team sure love themselves some Lebron. They don't win #17 without him.

The guy came to the Lakers in the franchise’s darkest time. When LeBron came, we were suffering through Luke Walton and The Tank Commander was still fresh on our minds. What more can anybody do? He came here when no one wanted to be here. Truth be told, considering that, he has done more for the franchise than some of the names that are hanging up on the rafters already by just accepting this challenge and winning a championship. True Laker fans who want the absolute best for the Lakers will recognize and appreciate that.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The pressure he had to help carry this team, especially in the wake of Kobe's death...crazy.

And he delivered.

Man is a Lakers legend for me to the very end, up there with all the greats.

Well said. When he’s done by being the torch-bearer for the Laker legacy has won me over, he’s a Laker legend in my book.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Actually, the concept of the GOAT is really flawed. If I was forced to name a GOAT, I wouldn't. What Bill Russell did, what Kareem did, what Michael did and what LeBron continues to do is really so era-specific as to be wholly incomparable. They were the game's greatest of their own eras, period. No era is greater than another, for me.

Exactly. It's a cool topic for debate shows etc, but people should also know there isn't a right answer for this.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

Vogel on Lowe podcast

https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/1316434847209062401?s=21
WeAreWorthy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

Was just browsing basketballreference and man... In his 17 year - seventeenth! the man is arguably averaging better numbers than his career averages. Top half rebound for career. Career high assists and right around average for fg% - all while playing a career low in minutes. Just sick.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see a three peat, I’ll gladly take a second Lebron/AD title. But if that was it, Lebron will always be a Laker moving forward.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LeBron’s stats this season is incredible, it’s even better than his stats from 2016, that was 4 years ago!

In 2018 LeBron said he would love to play 5 more years, so that means til 2023, but to be honest, considering he was still the best player this season, I still see him playing for another 7 years and still playing at a top 10 level player.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
And people here were hot and mad when we let Randle walk. Lebron and Randle take up the same space. Lebron on his worst day will always be better than Randle on his best. I doubt anyone is missing Randle now.

It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It wasn't about letting Randle walk or not walk, it was about getting nothing back for a lottery asset.

I'd say the issue was more than we didn't give him a qualifying offer, and keep our rights to match his contract offer. It was more about giving up our option for no reason.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I'd say the issue was more than we didn't give him a qualifying offer, and keep our rights to match his contract offer. It was more about giving up our option for no reason.

Technically, they did give him a qualifying offer... then revoked it.

Waste of assets. Could have been part of a trade if nothing else.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

‘LeBron won his 4th NBA title? Start the last dance 2 production, my wizard days’ - lol lol
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Technically, they did give him a qualifying offer... then revoked it.

Waste of assets. Could have been part of a trade if nothing else.

Hard to say. Maybe there simply wasn't a good trade for him to be had. Ultimately, I don't think letting him walk was inherently a bad move. If he had accepted our qualifying offer he would have had veto power over any trade, and we would have been stuck with a disgruntled player we didn't really want for a year.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Who gives a crap about Randle.

GARBAGE player. Perhaps other GMs see it the same way so don't assume every Laker has value.

Last edited by AD23 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!

He has the 1st, 2nd and 5th best two-pt percentages.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Some crazy people here wanted to play Randle the max. lol
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah and he could have been on a relatively affordable deal that would have been easy to move.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject:

So with Lebron's final year we'd have his bird rights

Does that mean we can re-sign him to the max regardless of how much room under the salary cap we have?

So does this mean he can opt out, Pelinka can fill our roster with other players, then re-sign Lebron to a max deal without that deal impacting our salary?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
So with Lebron's final year we'd have his bird rights

Does that mean we can re-sign him to the max regardless of how much room under the salary cap we have?

So does this mean he can opt out, Pelinka can fill our roster with other players, then re-sign Lebron to a max deal without that deal impacting our salary?

I was just looking at that... Looks like he has 4th year player option which would be huge for the Lakers to bring in more key players after next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1492, 1493, 1494 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1493 of 2079
Jump to: