Pretty confident that the Lakers will take over the League in the next few years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
The best part about not signing a max free agent this past summer is that we will have cap space after this coming season to go after Giannis, rather than having to deal with the post-prime years of whatever max FA we would have signed this past offseason.

We won't have enough cap space unless LeBron opts out and signs for a cheaper contract. And I don't see Giannis going to a championship team, Miami or Dallas seem to be better options.

I think we can get it if we renounce Kuzma.

I think we can't because of Deng's 5M. We should make a team for the next 2 years and then try to get another star in 2022 where we won't have Deng's dead money. Giannis won't most likely want to come here and we need to make too many sacrificies to just get the chance.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
Talen Horton-Tucker is the key. If he makes a big jump next year things will be fine. I think he is a great prospect.

This.

He's the youngest player in the NBA. I think he's more someone you keep in your back pocket as you continue to look for pieces that can contribute right away on a championship team. I'm high on THT's future though.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

I think our chances of getting Giannis go up if we lose next season. It would be similar to how Warriors signed KD
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I think our chances of getting Giannis go up if we lose next season. It would be similar to how Warriors signed KD

Giannis watching his lil bro Kostas lift up that Larry O’Brien last night
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

2021 Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics with #18 on the line. Hopefully in a world with fan-filled arenas.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

If we acquire a ball-handling guard with plenty of speed who will be our 3rd scorer, we can get to an even higher level next season and beyond.

If I'm coach Vogel, I'd gradually reduce LeBron's scoring and ball-handling responsibilities next season to conserve his energy in the regular season. Plus, I'd limit him to 32-33 minutes a game in the regular season, and when we're playing bad or mediocre teams during a back-to-back set or on an extended road trip, I'd limit him to 20-25 minutes.

In a perfect world, we'd acquire someone like Victor Oladipo (if he's fully healthy) or Zach LaVine. They better not sign someone in his 30s the way they kept signing over-the-hill free agents during the Kobe era.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Only thing that worries me somewhat is AD being so "fragile". It seems he gets hurt very easily. If AD and Lebron could stay healthy, the sky is the limit. The Lakers would be unstoppable for at least the next two years.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I’m fairly certain AD will be back, but let’s have that card in our hands before we think dynasty. Right?
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
Talen Horton-Tucker is the key. If he makes a big jump next year things will be fine. I think he is a great prospect.

This.

i agree with this.. i've seen a lot of positives.. isn't he only 19 still? Youngest player to play in the finals history??

imagine if he becomes what we think he can be.. another superstar already in the organization!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Looking like getting Gallo will be a real possibility as he is talking about playing for a winner being more Important then chasing money and we all know the Lakers are the perfect situation for players who want to taste what playing for a title contender is like which Gallinari has never been apart of.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
2021 Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics with #18 on the line. Hopefully in a world with fan-filled arenas.

Man!!! This would be the series of all series, to get to 18th first over these foos, that would be awesome
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I think we were shooting more 3's than the warrior teams. Stat in link:

https://i.imgur.com/zUnpUmq.png
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

We made more threes in the 6 game finals than any other team in the history of the NBA O.O
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Only thing that worries me somewhat is AD being so "fragile". It seems he gets hurt very easily. If AD and Lebron could stay healthy, the sky is the limit. The Lakers would be unstoppable for at least the next two years.

Exactly....A paper cut might throw the man off LOL. I still love the hell out of the guy...Hopefully he stays with LA.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m fairly certain AD will be back, but let’s have that card in our hands before we think dynasty. Right?

Fairly certain? LeBron just helped him get a ring and there's a chance for a repeat. LeBron's advocacy is the reason the Lakers traded for him and that he has a ring after years of suffering in New Orleans. AD and Lebron are close friends. They share the same agent who is LeBron's longtime friend. AD will get his number retired and be alongside Kareem, Shaq, Wilt and Kobe if he stays. AD even has a Kobe tattoo. There's no way he's going anywhere unless the Lakers don't offer him a max deal, and we know that's not happening. It would be the biggest upset in the history of the NBA if AD parted ways with the Lakers and LeBron.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
The best part about not signing a max free agent this past summer is that we will have cap space after this coming season to go after Giannis, rather than having to deal with the post-prime years of whatever max FA we would have signed this past offseason.

We won't have enough cap space unless LeBron opts out and signs for a cheaper contract. And I don't see Giannis going to a championship team, Miami or Dallas seem to be better options.

I think we can't because of Deng's 5M. We should make a team for the next 2 years and then try to get another star in 2022 where we won't have Deng's dead money. Giannis won't most likely want to come here and we need to make too many sacrificies to just get the chance.

Correct me if I am wrong here..but I saw last night that during the summer of 2022 the only players on contract are Lebron and AD (assuming he resigns). So that should leave plenty of cap space? I found a link below and seems to indicate cap at 110 million. Lebron on 38m I believe and AD maybe 32m?...should leave estimated 38-40 million for another max star?

Not to mention besides Giannis, there are load of other stars..Conley, Kawhi, PG just to name a few..

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2020/#:~:text=A%20real-time%20look%20at%20the%202020-2021%20salary%20cap,space.%20Cap%20Maximum%3A%20%24109%2C140%2C000%20Luxury%20Tax%20Threshold%3A%20%24132%2C627%2C000
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

GSW will need to get rid of Wiggins and Draymond's contract to sign Giannis as FA. Don't see it happening in 2021. He will go to Heat or Mavs. Bucks will keep him for 2020-21 season for sure and likely to get CP3 in a trade.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject:

Shannon and Snoop reporting that Bradley Beal moved to Los Angeles this past week.

I know his contract big but if there’s anyway to make it possible.......
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

All signs point to Pelinka being aggressive in the off season, can’t wait to see what he does to help the team.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Shannon and Snoop reporting that Bradley Beal moved to Los Angeles this past week.

I know his contract big but if there’s anyway to make it possible.......

It's only a fraction of an inch under impossible, but that would be an incredible move. I suspect that Beal will only be possible by signing during FA.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

I'm not that confident. We have obvious weaknesses on our lineup. Lebron is still a superstar but we still don't know how much he will decline next year. Our key role players are free agents and we are not sure which players we can bring in. Lastly, there were too many injured star players last year who will be back for next season i.e Warriors, Nets. I had a feeling of dominance with our Kobe&Shaq and Kobe&Pau team but there are more uncertainties with this team and I think it is more likely one and done
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong here..but I saw last night that during the summer of 2022 the only players on contract are Lebron and AD (assuming he resigns). So that should leave plenty of cap space? I found a link below and seems to indicate cap at 110 million. Lebron on 38m I believe and AD maybe 32m?...should leave estimated 38-40 million for another max star?

Not to mention besides Giannis, there are load of other stars..Conley, Kawhi, PG just to name a few..

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2020/#:~:text=A%20real-time%20look%20at%20the%202020-2021%20salary%20cap,space.%20Cap%20Maximum%3A%20%24109%2C140%2C000%20Luxury%20Tax%20Threshold%3A%20%24132%2C627%2C000

Exactly, all of that is true except that Giannis will be in the 2021 FA, not 2022.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

The Lakers window is definitely now.
If the Lakers can afford it now is the time to go over the cap.
The window will be small. Almost close when Lebron retires.

But it can still be a great two to three more years. Perhaps Lebron will take
an old age discount.

The whole key for next year is to find a third scoring option.
And keep most of the core.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject:

I've no idea what's coming.

I do note that history suggests that LeBron is capable of leaving a club at the drop of his hat and he's dropped three of them around his employers so far. Laker fortunes - near-term - all hinge on him here. Anthony Davis is a very good player but without LeBron doing his thing next to him and in our uniform, I think the Lakers quickly become just an afterthought in the West, competition-wise. Would need a replacement of star talent of rare dimension.

Is that doable ? Maybe. Our GM scored big in bringing AD and LeBron here. A repeat of anything like that is an awfully high standard.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
We made more threes in the 6 game finals than any other team in the history of the NBA O.O

There isn’t a team in the league that can hang with the Lakers 3 point shooting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: