Would Rondo and Dwight on the Clippers have put them over the hump?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Would Rondo and Dwight on the Clippers have put them over the hump?

activeverb wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
Both minimum level salary players who will be HOFers. At some point both of these guys were considered total trash and cancers at worst, however, they beyond earned their keep. Do you think them on the clippers (rondo for distributing and dwight for handling jokic) would have definitely put them over the top?

My guess is most Lakers fans will believe that the team's culture kept these guys lesser impulses in check, but I think they would have done fine on the Clippers. They both seem to have matured before they joined the Lakers.

On paper, they might have gotten the Clippers over the hump. But you never know how the chemistry will play out in real life.

How ? Paul George isn’t a leader . Neither is Mr. Load management. On our team , we have LBJ and AD as not only our best players , but leaders.

It’s highly unlikely Dwight and Rondo work out there
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

There are some NBA forecasters saying Dwight might take a look at signing with the Clippers. I would really hate to see that happen.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
There are some NBA forecasters saying Dwight might take a look at signing with the Clippers. I would really hate to see that happen.

Players will always have that business first mantra. I would expect a professional player will explore his options and do what’s best for him first.

Rondo will opt out too. KCP definitely .

McGee will opt in but we will most likely waived Cook.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

Would he want to find himself hated once again by Laker Nation. If he signs elsewhere, I’m really hoping it is for anyone aside from the Celts or Flips.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Would he want to find himself hated once again by Laker Nation. If he signs elsewhere, I’m really hoping it is for anyone aside from the Celts or Flips.

Yeah, Dwight cares about what people think as much as probably any player that has ever played in the NBA it seems like. I have a hard time believing he'll go to the Clippers unless they give him the MLE over a good amount of years or something extreme like that. He has pride but at the same time this is a guy that gave up a good chunk of his salary this year to charity and has made more in his career then most players in history.

I have a feeling nearly every team will be "looking" at all our guys in free agency if you go by "anonymous reports" haha. Most will be bs like usual but no doubt most guys all upped there value and now have Championship experience but unless we disrespect with a super lowball offer I don't see us losing him or Rondo.

Morris is by far the one I can see us having the highest chance of losing, it will be very interesting to see what kinds of other offers he gets. Even Dwight though, i've def. learned to never underestimate what some front offices will offer even if I don't expect it to happen.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject:

No.

Coaching was important for the Lakers success.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

No, and who cares? Its the clips
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Howard ain't going no where, he was saved by the Lakers from retirement, and he knows that.
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

No, that locker room will be more toxic with Rondo/Dwight/Lou/Harrell/Beverley.

Rondo and Dwight would not like Kawhi's load management and delayed flights for him.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

No is Paul George still their 2nd best player?

Curry and klay are better than kawhi and George

People forget curry was contending and won a championship before Durant got there

And I’d trust klay 10/10 times in a series over George

And then you have draymond to mess up kawhi and George

What still kills me is I can’t help but wonder if the clippers could’ve just signed jimmy butler and kept all those picks and young players lol

I guess you should never have kawhi be your GM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: