WORTH IT?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If AD/LBJ only win 1 championship, was it worth it to trade the assets that we did to get AD/LBJ?
Yes.
98%
 98%  [ 123 ]
No.
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 125

Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Of course it's worth it, championships are never guaranteed. Enjoy each one as much as possible. Don't take them for granted.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

It's tough to say, because it's too hypothetical. I mean, we won 1 and that's great, but what if we kept the youth and won multiple championships? Then there's we could still win multiple championships. Also, the what if we didn't win any with the youth? All and all, I didn't like how many assets we gave up. I still think we should have found a way to keep BI, instead of kuz, but I'm happy with the championship.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Like Unwritten Rules said, “Give them another pick!”
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject:

You can pick up more than half the talent lost in the trade off of waivers
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Who are the 2 no votes? LOL!

Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq, Bron... you know what they all have in common? They could stake a claim on Mt. Rushmore. Then you got James Worthy, Pau Gasol, Anthony Davis on the next tier. Although AD is actually on a tier of his own above Pau and Worthy, and has the potential to be the greatest PF of all time.

Now if we throw in names like Lonzo, Ingram, Josh Hart to the mix... they would stick out like a sore thumb. LOL! I was very vocal against this deal if it didn't yield a chip. Because in my book, if you're not winning a chip with either path, then I rather have the kids for a longer window at possibly winning a chip. But it was and still is a long shot, that one day, BI, Lonzo can be mentioned in the same breath as Worthy, Gasol, Anthony Davis.

History is on the side of the big names. Lakers have never won a chip without an all time great. Maybe if Lebron was 25 yrs old, then I would second guess and wonder what would happen if we let him grow with BI and Lonzo. But he's 36 in 2 months. 17 is in the bag, this is a no brainer WORTH IT.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject:

5 carat diamond >>>>> 3 carat + 2 carat + 1.5 carat diamond combined.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Obviously, but the pick structure should've been more favorable for the Lakers given what players Pelinka gave up and the non-existent trading options Griffin faced.

The Lakers were on a timeline, the Pelicans were not. Waiting further when this deal had already been in place since 6 months, would have meant that their FA plans would have been hurt significantly.

For sure the Lakers could have given up less if they played hard ball and waited it out. The risk with that is you show a) Anthony Davis you do not really want him that much b) you mess with your FA plans by not knowing what FAs to sign with AD-Lebron or if the deal is not happening, Lebron-Ball-Ingram-Kuz - because plan A with AD-Bron would have been totally different than plan B without AD. Without AD we are definitely not signing role players in free agency as we would have seen the urgency to get Bron a second elite shot creator.

The Lakers needed that deal to get done ASAP in June, because they needed to know what FAs they could bring in and make that hard run at Kawhi. I totally agree the picks were overpayment, considering the Pelicans were not going to get more anywhere else for an AD rental. However, you just can not wait if you are the Lakers, because waiting would have cost them potentially building an immediate championship level roster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Obviously, but the pick structure should've been more favorable for the Lakers given what players Pelinka gave up and the non-existent trading options Griffin faced.

The Lakers were on a timeline, the Pelicans were not. Waiting further when this deal had already been in place since 6 months, would have meant that their FA plans would have been hurt significantly.

For sure the Lakers could have given up less if they played hard ball and waited it out. The risk with that is you show a) Anthony Davis you do not really want him that much b) you mess with your FA plans by not knowing what FAs to sign with AD-Lebron or if the deal is not happening, Lebron-Ball-Ingram-Kuz - because plan A with AD-Bron would have been totally different than plan B without AD. Without AD we are definitely not signing role players in free agency as we would have seen the urgency to get Bron a second elite shot creator.

The Lakers needed that deal to get done ASAP in June, because they needed to know what FAs they could bring in and make that hard run at Kawhi. I totally agree the picks were overpayment, considering the Pelicans were not going to get more anywhere else for an AD rental. However, you just can not wait if you are the Lakers, because waiting would have cost them potentially building an immediate championship level roster.

It’s wishful thinking at best. Clips could have easily paired him with Kawhi if we failed to get AD first. And if the Clips win it all, the chances of signing AD would have been slim to none.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
It's tough to say, because it's too hypothetical. I mean, we won 1 and that's great, but what if we kept the youth and won multiple championships? Then there's we could still win multiple championships. Also, the what if we didn't win any with the youth? All and all, I didn't like how many assets we gave up. I still think we should have found a way to keep BI, instead of kuz, but I'm happy with the championship.

BI and Zo was the centerpiece of that trade. I think BI will make few people here regret it later about losing him but even some great players never made the Finals. Let me it this way, we already won 1. That’s great accomplishment itself. We have the opportunity to win more in the next 2-3 years. We have better chance than saying BI and Zo led team to win 1. And I am high on both them with their potential.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Stop living in a fantasy.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: Anthony Davis plans to opt out of contract and re-sign with the Lakers.

Uhm, worth it, duh.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: