Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
11%
 11%  [ 52 ]
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 237 ]
Neutral
34%
 34%  [ 155 ]
Total Votes : 444

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

We ran post ups, isolations, pick and rolls, a lot of transition.

The Lakers did not marry themselves to one particular style of play. They were not the most talented team on offense, yet their offense rating for the playoffs was one of the highest of all playoff teams.

They did really well, because I felt they kept things simple. Let Bron and Rondo set the table up, and lets look for AD as a target. We did not marry ourselves to posting up AD, but also did look for him in there. We did not marry ourselves to the pick and rolls, but did use it (although this was something we should use more of IMO, and did not use enough of it, we were one of the lowest in this area in the playoffs). We used isolations, but again not at Houston level.

I would like to see the sets on offense evolve a bit, and I exceptionally like the sets we ran where a small would run a pick for Lebron or Rondo, and we then found a mismatch or an open 3. That was working really well for us in halfcourts, I found (Although I have not looked at the numbers on this). There was a lot of concern that Kidd, Hollins and Vogel would not get the offense rolling but I think Kidd and Vogel did a good job understanding the game from PG lenses. Let the the PGs (Bron, Rondo) run the show, but make it simpler for them by ensuring they have as many play finishers around them as possible. We did that with our lineups - we tried our best to give them a target inside (Howard on a lob/roll, or AD on a roll/lob, cutters like Kuzma/Caruso. and a lot willing 3 point spot up shooters)

One could say it was the brilliance of having basketball minds like Bron and Rondo. For sure that helped. I would love to see us add another high IQ ballhandler in the offseason. At any position. We do seem to have a lot of really good role players that understand what their role is around the point guards. Cut, shoot, or roll to the basket. Screen set. Very good teamwork.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

Vogel Brushing His Teeth on Letterman
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Assistant Coach Mike Pentherby gives a far reaching interview where he is tremendously complimentary of Bron (among the other fellas of the squad) and reflects on some Kob stories.

https://lakersdaily.com/lakers-daily-exclusive-mike-penberthy-talks-nba-bubble-life-lebron-james-and-teams-championship-run/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZofTVmWba0

Nice video analysis of how we adjusted our offense in the playoffs. This is a sign of great coached team. You see all the mistakes teams like OKC made, and then we did not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120
Page 120 of 120
Jump to: