ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
How about that robust Clipper coaching search .

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Some of the Clippers were reportedly bothered by Kawhi’s load management

https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooCASports/status/1317104950380535809
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Players like Beverley, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams — Clippers bedrocks before the arrival of Leonard and George — bristled when Leonard was permitted to take games off to manage his body and to live in San Diego, which often led to him being late for team flights, league sources said. The team also allowed Leonard to dictate to Rivers when he could be pulled from games, among other things.

Wait till they learn that Uncle Dennis got a beach house and a piece of the team.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

with that crap, good luck at attracting top free agents. if you are somebody in this league, why would you want to go there free willingly?
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

I love laughing at the Clippers as much as anyone here. There was a Boston level of euphoria that I experienced as I witnessed their collapse. But "pride before a fall" is what I am seeing on these messageboards.

Since some of you have forgotten, let me clear up a few things that I keep seeing repeated here due to us just winning the championship:
• The Clippers are a very good team.
• There is no such thing as "Kawhi karma" seeing as how he has delivered 2 championships to 2 different franchises.
• Doc is a decent coach. Lue is probably at best a lateral move for them.

Now that those things are all cleared up, I'd like to give my thoughts on the hiring of Tyronn Lue. Even though I claimed above that this is at best a lateral move for them, I feel as though he has one advantage over Doc Rivers: He knows LeBron. LeBron can't really be stopped by anyone except for father time. But Ty may have an advantage when facing the Lakers next season and be able to prepare better for LeBron since he knows intimately what LeBron prefers and how he thinks, since he coached him for a couple of years.

I also believe that the Clippers will be humbled by this experience. They expected the championship to be handed to them. They have become the laughing stock of the NBA world (already were a laughing stock to Laker fans). I expect a very tough road to the finals next season with the Clippers firmly planted in our way.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

GSW way bigger threat than Clippers.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Most of us knew this was gonna happen.
Been calling this out as being a problem all season long.

Also living in San Diego when your team practice facility is in Playa Vista and all your team flights are out of LAX?
Sure Lou, Trezz, and Bev where happy to get Superstar reinforcements this season but these two are no leaders in any shape of form. Cheat the game your gonna have to live with these results.

Lebron always preaches that being a good leader starts with being available to your teammates 24/7.
While Kawhi is out partying at Gas Lamp in San Diego and PG is fishing with his buddy Reggie Jackson.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

The whole concept of having multiple lock down defenders to throw at Lebron was grossly overstated this season. In order for a team like the clippers, to beat Lebron in a playoff series, they will have to beat him tactically in ways like the Warriors and Spurs did in their eras. As long as loudmouths like Pat Bev, Sweet Lou, and Montrez Harrel are big pieces for the Clippers, I do not see that as a possibility. Too many one-dimensional players on the clippers roster to take them seriously as a threat.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

slurping woj: Clippers conducted interviews with 10/12 coaches
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Players like Beverley, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams — Clippers bedrocks before the arrival of Leonard and George — bristled when Leonard was permitted to take games off to manage his body and to live in San Diego, which often led to him being late for team flights, league sources said. The team also allowed Leonard to dictate to Rivers when he could be pulled from games, among other things.

Wait till they learn that Uncle Dennis got a beach house and a piece of the team.

Lue is supposedly a "player's coach" will he let Kawhi continue to do this?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
The whole concept of having multiple lock down defenders to throw at Lebron was grossly overstated this season. In order for a team like the clippers, to beat Lebron in a playoff series, they will have to beat him tactically in ways like the Warriors and Spurs did in their eras. As long as loudmouths like Pat Bev, Sweet Lou, and Montrez Harrel are big pieces for the Clippers, I do not see that as a possibility. Too many one-dimensional players on the clippers roster to take them seriously as a threat.

I truly believe Trezz is gone.

Signing with Houston or Toronto this offseason
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
I love laughing at the Clippers as much as anyone here. There was a Boston level of euphoria that I experienced as I witnessed their collapse. But "pride before a fall" is what I am seeing on these messageboards.

Since some of you have forgotten, let me clear up a few things that I keep seeing repeated here due to us just winning the championship:
• There is no such thing as "Kawhi karma" seeing as how he has delivered 2 championships to 2 different franchises.

Now that those things are all cleared up, I'd like to give my thoughts on the hiring of Tyronn Lue. Even though I claimed above that this is at best a lateral move for them, I feel as though he has one advantage over Doc Rivers: He knows LeBron. LeBron can't really be stopped by anyone except for father time. But Ty may have an advantage when facing the Lakers next season and be able to prepare better for LeBron since he knows intimately what LeBron prefers and how he thinks, since he coached him for a couple of years.

I also believe that the Clippers will be humbled by this experience. They expected the championship to be handed to them. They have become the laughing stock of the NBA world (already were a laughing stock to Laker fans). I expect a very tough road to the finals next season with the Clippers firmly planted in our way.

Spo 5x the coach lue is and had bron longer and still lost
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

I pretty sure Ballmer has Kawhi’s override ability enabled in fine print somewhere on Lue’s contract
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

Isn't this one of the things Vogel specifically DID NOT DO? He said he wouldn't stray from doing what he thought was best. Even if he butted heads with his players.

Lebron ended respecting frank for that. That's the thing, leaders respect leaders. Lue might have given in to LBJ, but in the back of LeBron's mind, does he honestly respect Lue for doing it?

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
danzag wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Laker Headline - In a panic move, the LA Lakers hired Ty Lue to a five year deal, concerned he would take a job on pluto if they didn't act quickly. No word on how LA's stars feel about the move.

Clipper Headline - Inking Lue to a five-year deal, Clippers secure championship coach who was highly sought after around the league. Significant coup for Clipper management.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Isn't this one of the things Vogel specifically DID NOT DO? He said he wouldn't stray from doing what he thought was best. Even if he butted heads with his players.

Lebron ended respecting frank for that. That's the thing, leaders respect leaders. Lue might have given in to LBJ, but in the back of LeBron's mind, does he honestly respect Lue for doing it?

You could see it every time Frank would stick to his rotations by resting Lebron the last 2-4 minutes of the first quarter. Did it all season long and even in Game 1 of the Finals while we were down to the Heat by almost double digits Frank stuck with it.

As I could remember Lebron had a worried, unsure if he should even sit look on his face heading to the bench.
What ended up happening Rondo, AD, AC and Kieff took over and we tied it up before the quarter ended eventually leading to us blowing the Heat out.

Frankie V, the real Coach of the Year.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Kawhi doesn’t really fit the blue collar identity that that team tried to have.

Beverly— scrappy defender who was picked in the second round (coincidentally, by us)

Lou— Career sixth man

Harrell— Same as above

Zubac— Second round pick

But then you have a big name diva who wants to load manage and tell the team what to do. Jimmy Butler would have been a much better fit for that team.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

Spo 5x the coach lue is and had bron longer and still lost

Yeah, Lebron has been in the league a long time. I'm sure his scouting report is volumes deep. Teams still haven't figured out a way to stop him in the playoffs without building a superteam. You could know everything in the book about Lebron's game, but stopping him is another story.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Part of an athletic article posted on reddit:

Players like Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams—Clippers bedrocks before the arrival of Leonard and George—bristled when Leonard was permitted to take games off to manage his body and to live in San Diego, which often led to him being late for team flights, league sources said. The team also allowed Leonard to dictate to Doc Rivers when he could be pulled from games, among other things. Tyronn Lue was on Rivers' bench for all of this, but the Clippers were Rivers' show.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/jc2463/buha_players_like_patrick_beverley_montrezl/
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

You love to hear it!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:

They said the same thing with spo and Bron still averaged the highest shooting % of his career against him.

Lue was already there last year, not much else he could've done.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Players like Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams—Clippers bedrocks before the arrival of Leonard and George—bristled when Leonard was permitted to take games off to manage his body and to live in San Diego, which often led to him being late for team flights, league sources said. The team also allowed Leonard to dictate to Doc Rivers when he could be pulled from games, among other things. Tyronn Lue was on Rivers' bench for all of this, but the Clippers were Rivers' show.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/jc2463/buha_players_like_patrick_beverley_montrezl/

I'm so glad he didn't choose us. This guy is such a diva/cancer but gets a pass because he's a mute.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
danzag wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Laker Headline - In a panic move, the LA Lakers hired Ty Lue to a five year deal, concerned he would take a job on pluto if they didn't act quickly. No word on how LA's stars feel about the move.

Clipper Headline - Inking Lue to a five-year deal, Clippers secure championship coach who was highly sought after around the league. Significant coup for Clipper management.

Hey, can I offer you a job at ESPN?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
drae wrote:

I'm so glad he didn't choose us. This guy is such a diva/cancer but gets a pass because he's a mute.

Like what they always say "Always watch out for the quiet ones." and "Quiet ones are the worst."

Kawhi definitely fit that bill after what happened the last few seasons. The guy is an undercover narcissist.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 247 of 439
Jump to: