CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

Again I ask, you wouldnt trade Danny Green and Rondo for Chris Paul? When about a month ago 95% of LG wanted Rondo cut and DG not too far behind

Lakers-CP3
OKC-G.Allen/2nd round pick from Memphis/G.Dieng,AB,McGee
Memphis-Green/Rondo (S&T)

That trade makes a lot of sense to me. OKC saves about 60M if they agree to buyout AB/McGee. Memphis get two championship veterans to add to their young rotation as they hope to make playoffs next season. Lakers keep their main core AD/LeBron/Kuz/KCP/Caruso while adding an all NBA player
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
The more I have thought about this, I have leaned towards being against the move. The basis of my opinion is that I think Presti will only do this deal if we give him Kuz, the 28th pick and Danny Green to make salaries work. Rondo, do we all forget the Houston game from last season? So Rondo, will probably leave. My assumption is that Presti will not let CP3 out via buyout nor will he just take CP3 for Green/expiring contracts (our opt ins).

You lose your 3rd best natural shotmaker (kuz), your best natural shooter (Green) and your best PG (Rondo, although his loss is the least, as CP3 replaces most of what he does).

The real deal breaker for me is AD. AD and Rondo's relationship is special. AD needs a guy like Rondo around. They mesh. Even if Rondo doesn't play a role, he can be a Jared Dudley type for us. He can be in AD's ear.

CP3's history with Harden, Blake etc is not good. I think when you put CP3 around Lebron, respect is mutual. And they will figure it out. Now you add AD, Dwight. I just don't the mix with CP3. Reminds me too much of the 2012 Lakers team. Literally every team CP3 is on, where there is another star, CP3 and that star get into it.

This team needs to keep finding character guys, who don't care about their star power, who just want to win. CP3 will never come off the bench, or embrace the Rondo role, IMO. He will alienate AD, and Dwight, really fast, unless he has changed. I know the Lakers culture with Vogel is awesome. But Dwight was a changed man before he came to LA. The guys we got, like Green, Caruso, Rondo, KCP, these are all character guys that bought in from day 1 and have a history of buying in the right circumstances.

Can we name one place where CP3 has shared the spotlight in the NBA, well? I am talking Hornets era or OKC era. He was clear cut the man and no second star. Everything revolved around him. When he has had to share the spotlight with another star, he has often found himself in issues. I dunno, that and his price tag, I dunno.

Is CP3 40 times the player Rondo was last year? Because he is about to cost a team that much.

Detailed and well thought out post as usual wolf.

I'd like to offer the following counter argument.

First let's consider what we are getting in CP3 as a 35 year old point guard. Last year in OKC he put up excellent numbers and was named to All NBA 2nd team. That is very impressive and shows he still has plenty left in the tank if placed in a good situation. He was beaten out on first team only by the second coming of Lebron and Magic: Luka.

His entire career, he has been an elite defender. As late as 2017 he was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team. He has bee First Team All Defense 7 times in his career and Second Team All Defense 2 times and ranked among league leaders in steals the better part of his career.

We would be getting one of the best pure point guards in the history of the NBA whose game is not dependent on elite athleticism. Lebron and Rondo have one of the highest IQs for the game but Chris Paul is not less than them.

Chris Paul on the Lakers would take a ton of mileage off Lebron during the regular season and make the game easier for the entire team. On the Lakers, he would be the 3rd best player, would feel zero need to score the basketball and engage in much more PNR with Anthony Davis and have Lebron play off ball. He would significantly decrease the wear and tear on himself and Lebron and AD over the regular season.

A few thoughts on the downsides of Chris Paul. One is that he may be a bad teammate because drama seems to follow him when he is paired with another superstar as you have alluded to Wolf. But I have to disagree on that. I think Chris Paul is very much built like Kobe Bryant and is ultra competitive and has an insane desire to win. When that isn't matched by other teammates or even superstars then there will be a clash.

Look at the teams he has left and the teams he has joined.

1. Clippers. Deandre Jordan is a mental midget and Blake Griffin is soft. Doc is an incompetent and horrible coach. The stories have been written on those guys and sealed. When Chris Paul left that team, what happened? They wouldn't have even been in a position to blow a 3-1 lead without Chris Paul.

2. Rockets. Harden and Dwight. Really? Is there a more selfish and ridiculous superstar than James Harden? This team with Chris Paul's heart was one injury to him away from beating the Warriors and perhpas winning a championship. Without Paul, they lost in 7. And when he clashed with Harden and was traded to OKC how did the Rockets do? That franchise is dead in the water.

3. OKC. A team that he had no interest in joining but showed up like a professional as you would expect from the president of the NBPA and put together one of the better seasons in his career while being a great teammate and doing everything OKC could have asked of him.

So if you want to talk about the narrative of him being a bad teammate or clashing with other superstars you have to give me better examples than Blake, DeAndre, Harden, and Dwight because I'm pretty sure Paul wasn't the problem.

In this, Chris Paul is just like Kobe Bryant and just like Jimmy Butler. While they aren't perfect and their leadership style is not for everyone, I take guys like that every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I chose Kobe over Shaq, I chose Jimmy over KAT and Wiggins and Embiid and Simmons, and I choose Chris Paul over Blake and Harden. Simple as that.

On this Lakers team, Chris Paul is gonna fit in fine with the defense team first culture of Vogel and the leadership and championship experience of Lebron and AD. They just want to win and play the game the right way.

2. Chris Paul is injury prone. He is 6 feet 1 inch and most of his career has been the best player on his team inviting tons of schemes, double teams, and pounding. Kyrie has same problem. Isaiah Thomas same thing. Undersized point guards in the NBA get pounded and they are going to be more prone to injury. But with the Lakers, he doesn't have to do or be any of that. Lebron and AD create immense gravity. On this team, Chris Paul can dish out 15 dimes and get 5 steals a game with his eyes closed. He made Deandre Jordan an All Star what is he gonna do for AD?

Chris Paul is going to make the game incredibly easier for the regular season and that is going to save everyone's body for the postseason. Also bear in mind that the NBA season next year will be shortened as well. We likely won't start playing until March and the smaller number of games are going to help veterans like Lebron and Chris Paul disproportionately. AD was injury prone too but again he was the center of attention for defenses night in and night out. With Lebron, he was fine. The same thing will happen but even better with Chris Paul.

Now . . . who are we giving up?

1. Kyle Kuzma. He is 25, a champion, and not a great fit on this team. His BBIQ is poor and he is inconsistent. He is never going to get to where he needs to go on a team like this. In Game 6 of the NBA Finals in 22 minutes of play he scored 2 points and grabbed 1 rebound. In the Finals, he averaged in 22 minutes of play 8.5 points, 2.8 rebounds, 0.5 assists. He shot 35.4 percent FG and from 3 point range he shot 31 percent. And he is set to be paid soon. Sorry but for his sake and the Lakers I don't mind seeing him move on. It would be mutually beneficial for both.

2. Danny Green. Sure he is a great glue guy but his 3 point shooting has been bad culminating in receiving death threats for missing the potential championship winner in Game 5. You have to give up something to get something.

3. McGee. Became unplayable as the post season wore on culminating in DNP-CD entire Finals.

4. Q Cook. You're kidding right?

5. Avery Bradley. Shown to be completely superfluous since he opted out of entire bubble and we went 16-5 without him.

6. 28th First Round Draft Pick.

I'm not sure if OKC is dumb enough to take that package but if that's what gets the deal done then from our end I think it's a no-brainer.

If we do this and can keep Caruso and KCP we will be fine using Vet Minimum, the BAE, and the tax payer's MLE if necessary to round out the roster.

Every year when you construct a championship roster there is always a gamble whether things will work out or not and whether the chemistry will be right or not.

I think 90 percent of the Lakers success this season is Lebron, AD, and Vogel. We got somewhat lucky with Dwight and Rondo. These were 2 players with TOXIC reputations changing teams every year until they finally found their niche here. I think we can interchange pieces in and out without too much trouble as long as our core of Lebron, AD, and Vogel is there and we can keep Caruso and KCP.

We have 2 years to maximize championships and the odds are simply much higher we win them with CP3 on our team vs Green, Kuzma, etc.

In the NBA a dollar is ALWAYS worth more than 4 quarters.

So that's my TLDR argument for CP3 if that's really the trade that will get it done.
agree with every point you made
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

ofcourse ill take CP3 over Rondo and DG but no way Rondo would agree to S&T with Memphis
again, best option is for CP3 to do a buyout and we sign him outright
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
So folks aren't content with the damage the first CP3 trade did, and want to see how much damage a 2nd CP3 trade could do?

Destroying the career of Odom and driving away Gasol wasn't enough?

And how many championships did CP3 help the Clippers win?

I am not interested in destroying our team's chemistry on the off chance that CP3 might still have a little gas left in the tank for another season or 2.

Of course, like everyone else here, I have no say in the matter, and will support whatever the Lakers front office decides is best for the team.

But trading for CP3 is not something I look forward to.

Now hold on there.

The CP3 trade that was CANCELLED was what killed us. The trade itself would have set us up with Kobe, CP3, and Dwight eventually. Now who knows what chemistry issues would have cropped up with those personalities but that's different matter.

I think chemistry on this team comes form Lebron, AD, and Vogel and everyone else stepped in. I don't see Chris Paul coming here having any issues with chemistry.

You would have to look pretty far and wide for players with a more toxic reputation than Dwight and Rondo and all of a sudden they come here and it works?

Is there a player more toxic than Kyrie Irving in the league? Kyrie the Cancer. But somehow Lebron won a championship with him and Kevin Love.

So I don't think Danny Green or Rondo or Dwight were the magic ingredients to team chemistry.

We will do just fine with CP3 here in terms of chemistry and the talent gap is not even close.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

Look at every team Chis Paul has left and every team he has joined and what happened to those teams.

Look at every team Jimmy Butler has left and every team he has joined and what happened to those teams.

You tell me whether you want guys like that on your team.

It's pretty clear to me.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

I’m not a fan of cp3. This isn’t jimmy butler. Butler is what 31 and a wing. Wings age better than guards

Paul is a small guard, who’s 36 and has a bad injury history. You’re playing with fire bringing in Paul. If he’s injured, and you’ve lost depth then suddenly you’re on every other teams level again and it’s a crap shoot

I’d rather bring back rondo for free and use the trade pieces to bring in a younger more explosive player
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
I’m not a fan of cp3. This isn’t jimmy butler. Butler is what 31 and a wing. Wings age better than guards

Paul is a small guard, who’s 36 and has a bad injury history. You’re playing with fire bringing in Paul. If he’s injured, and you’ve lost depth then suddenly you’re on every other teams level again and it’s a crap shoot

I’d rather bring back rondo for free and use the trade pieces to bring in a younger more explosive player

Isn't Rondo injury prone too?? I mean he broke his thumb when the bubble started and had back spasms etc? Rondo can't last through the regular season and he has PROVEN that.

He isn't the answer in the regular season. Chris Paul was ALL NBA 2nd team this past year! He can bring it in regular season AND the playoffs.

Listen we need some real talk. Rondo is good player and a smart guy. But he is NOT nor will he EVER be Chris Paul. Chris Paul is in the conversation for greatest pure PG of all time. Rondo won a chip with a stacked Celtics team with 3 LEGIT Hall of Famers and now with the Lakers with Lebron and AD.

Let's not get this twisted. Chris Paul is an upgrade over Rondo in EVERY respect.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

Rondo is a two time champion. Put some respekt on his name. Chris Paul choked on the Hornets when they were up on the Spurs, choked with lob city, and choked with the Rockets. OKC overachieved this past season but if you actually watched game 7...CP3 choked in the end there against the Rockets. Don't want him, his flopping, or his little man syndrome.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:

Isn't Rondo injury prone too?? I mean he broke his thumb when the bubble started and had back spasms etc? Rondo can't last through the regular season and he has PROVEN that.

He isn't the answer in the regular season. Chris Paul was ALL NBA 2nd team this past year! He can bring it in regular season AND the playoffs.

Listen we need some real talk. Rondo is good player and a smart guy. But he is NOT nor will he EVER be Chris Paul. Chris Paul is in the conversation for greatest pure PG of all time. Rondo won a chip with a stacked Celtics team with 3 LEGIT Hall of Famers and now with the Lakers with Lebron and AD.

Let's not get this twisted. Chris Paul is an upgrade over Rondo in EVERY respect.

No he’s not, rondo is free. Rondo is a phone call and resigned contract away. He’s not shipping away half the team. Give me rondo, depth, and using kuzma, green and 28 for a younger healthier player any day of the week.

Paul was great. But rondo is younger, and their injury history is not the same. Not all injuries are equal. Thumb injuries are not the same as back and lower body injuries which Paul is constantly suffering from
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Dudz knows something 👀

https://twitter.com/complexsports/status/1317262136918351872?s=21

I think Dudley knows he’s coming back.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

Lol Dudley suddenly became this massive laker cheerleader
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:

The voice of reason.
Chris Paul for two years at 15M/yr would be reasonable.
But 80M+ and gut your team for Chris Paul?
This is a championship team you are talking about gutting
It is not the same as the AD situation
AD has an upside. The best of Chris Paul has probably happened.
Why don't we just start an old folks home?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
Look at every team Chis Paul has left and every team he has joined and what happened to those teams.

Look at every team Jimmy Butler has left and every team he has joined and what happened to those teams.

You tell me whether you want guys like that on your team.

It's pretty clear to me.

CP3: NO 1st rd --> LAC 2nd rd --> Hou WCF
JimmyB: Minn 1st rd --> Six ECF --> Heat Finals

looks similar, no?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
The more I have thought about this, I have leaned towards being against the move. The basis of my opinion is that I think Presti will only do this deal if we give him Kuz, the 28th pick and Danny Green to make salaries work. Rondo, do we all forget the Houston game from last season? So Rondo, will probably leave. My assumption is that Presti will not let CP3 out via buyout nor will he just take CP3 for Green/expiring contracts (our opt ins).

You lose your 3rd best natural shotmaker (kuz), your best natural shooter (Green) and your best PG (Rondo, although his loss is the least, as CP3 replaces most of what he does).

The real deal breaker for me is AD. AD and Rondo's relationship is special. AD needs a guy like Rondo around. They mesh. Even if Rondo doesn't play a role, he can be a Jared Dudley type for us. He can be in AD's ear.

CP3's history with Harden, Blake etc is not good. I think when you put CP3 around Lebron, respect is mutual. And they will figure it out. Now you add AD, Dwight. I just don't the mix with CP3. Reminds me too much of the 2012 Lakers team. Literally every team CP3 is on, where there is another star, CP3 and that star get into it.

This team needs to keep finding character guys, who don't care about their star power, who just want to win. CP3 will never come off the bench, or embrace the Rondo role, IMO. He will alienate AD, and Dwight, really fast, unless he has changed. I know the Lakers culture with Vogel is awesome. But Dwight was a changed man before he came to LA. The guys we got, like Green, Caruso, Rondo, KCP, these are all character guys that bought in from day 1 and have a history of buying in the right circumstances.

Can we name one place where CP3 has shared the spotlight in the NBA, well? I am talking Hornets era or OKC era. He was clear cut the man and no second star. Everything revolved around him. When he has had to share the spotlight with another star, he has often found himself in issues. I dunno, that and his price tag, I dunno.

Is CP3 40 times the player Rondo was last year? Because he is about to cost a team that much.

Detailed and well thought out post as usual wolf.

I'd like to offer the following counter argument.

First let's consider what we are getting in CP3 as a 35 year old point guard. Last year in OKC he put up excellent numbers and was named to All NBA 2nd team. That is very impressive and shows he still has plenty left in the tank if placed in a good situation. He was beaten out on first team only by the second coming of Lebron and Magic: Luka.

His entire career, he has been an elite defender. As late as 2017 he was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team. He has bee First Team All Defense 7 times in his career and Second Team All Defense 2 times and ranked among league leaders in steals the better part of his career.

We would be getting one of the best pure point guards in the history of the NBA whose game is not dependent on elite athleticism. Lebron and Rondo have one of the highest IQs for the game but Chris Paul is not less than them.

Chris Paul on the Lakers would take a ton of mileage off Lebron during the regular season and make the game easier for the entire team. On the Lakers, he would be the 3rd best player, would feel zero need to score the basketball and engage in much more PNR with Anthony Davis and have Lebron play off ball. He would significantly decrease the wear and tear on himself and Lebron and AD over the regular season.

A few thoughts on the downsides of Chris Paul. One is that he may be a bad teammate because drama seems to follow him when he is paired with another superstar as you have alluded to Wolf. But I have to disagree on that. I think Chris Paul is very much built like Kobe Bryant and is ultra competitive and has an insane desire to win. When that isn't matched by other teammates or even superstars then there will be a clash.

Look at the teams he has left and the teams he has joined.

1. Clippers. Deandre Jordan is a mental midget and Blake Griffin is soft. Doc is an incompetent and horrible coach. The stories have been written on those guys and sealed. When Chris Paul left that team, what happened? They wouldn't have even been in a position to blow a 3-1 lead without Chris Paul.

2. Rockets. Harden and Dwight. Really? Is there a more selfish and ridiculous superstar than James Harden? This team with Chris Paul's heart was one injury to him away from beating the Warriors and perhpas winning a championship. Without Paul, they lost in 7. And when he clashed with Harden and was traded to OKC how did the Rockets do? That franchise is dead in the water.

3. OKC. A team that he had no interest in joining but showed up like a professional as you would expect from the president of the NBPA and put together one of the better seasons in his career while being a great teammate and doing everything OKC could have asked of him.

So if you want to talk about the narrative of him being a bad teammate or clashing with other superstars you have to give me better examples than Blake, DeAndre, Harden, and Dwight because I'm pretty sure Paul wasn't the problem.

In this, Chris Paul is just like Kobe Bryant and just like Jimmy Butler. While they aren't perfect and their leadership style is not for everyone, I take guys like that every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I chose Kobe over Shaq, I chose Jimmy over KAT and Wiggins and Embiid and Simmons, and I choose Chris Paul over Blake and Harden. Simple as that.

On this Lakers team, Chris Paul is gonna fit in fine with the defense team first culture of Vogel and the leadership and championship experience of Lebron and AD. They just want to win and play the game the right way.

2. Chris Paul is injury prone. He is 6 feet 1 inch and most of his career has been the best player on his team inviting tons of schemes, double teams, and pounding. Kyrie has same problem. Isaiah Thomas same thing. Undersized point guards in the NBA get pounded and they are going to be more prone to injury. But with the Lakers, he doesn't have to do or be any of that. Lebron and AD create immense gravity. On this team, Chris Paul can dish out 15 dimes and get 5 steals a game with his eyes closed. He made Deandre Jordan an All Star what is he gonna do for AD?

Chris Paul is going to make the game incredibly easier for the regular season and that is going to save everyone's body for the postseason. Also bear in mind that the NBA season next year will be shortened as well. We likely won't start playing until March and the smaller number of games are going to help veterans like Lebron and Chris Paul disproportionately. AD was injury prone too but again he was the center of attention for defenses night in and night out. With Lebron, he was fine. The same thing will happen but even better with Chris Paul.

Now . . . who are we giving up?

1. Kyle Kuzma. He is 25, a champion, and not a great fit on this team. His BBIQ is poor and he is inconsistent. He is never going to get to where he needs to go on a team like this. In Game 6 of the NBA Finals in 22 minutes of play he scored 2 points and grabbed 1 rebound. In the Finals, he averaged in 22 minutes of play 8.5 points, 2.8 rebounds, 0.5 assists. He shot 35.4 percent FG and from 3 point range he shot 31 percent. And he is set to be paid soon. Sorry but for his sake and the Lakers I don't mind seeing him move on. It would be mutually beneficial for both.

2. Danny Green. Sure he is a great glue guy but his 3 point shooting has been bad culminating in receiving death threats for missing the potential championship winner in Game 5. You have to give up something to get something.

3. McGee. Became unplayable as the post season wore on culminating in DNP-CD entire Finals.

4. Q Cook. You're kidding right?

5. Avery Bradley. Shown to be completely superfluous since he opted out of entire bubble and we went 16-5 without him.

6. 28th First Round Draft Pick.

I'm not sure if OKC is dumb enough to take that package but if that's what gets the deal done then from our end I think it's a no-brainer.

If we do this and can keep Caruso and KCP we will be fine using Vet Minimum, the BAE, and the tax payer's MLE if necessary to round out the roster.

Every year when you construct a championship roster there is always a gamble whether things will work out or not and whether the chemistry will be right or not.

I think 90 percent of the Lakers success this season is Lebron, AD, and Vogel. We got somewhat lucky with Dwight and Rondo. These were 2 players with TOXIC reputations changing teams every year until they finally found their niche here. I think we can interchange pieces in and out without too much trouble as long as our core of Lebron, AD, and Vogel is there and we can keep Caruso and KCP.

We have 2 years to maximize championships and the odds are simply much higher we win them with CP3 on our team vs Green, Kuzma, etc.

In the NBA a dollar is ALWAYS worth more than 4 quarters.

So that's my TLDR argument for CP3 if that's really the trade that will get it done.

Solid counter df! I understand the apprehension some have with Cliff, but we should do everything possible to exploit Bron’s twilight years. Trotting him out in the regular season as our de facto starting (and pretty much only) point guard, since Rondo wasn’t always healthy, is something I’m not looking forward to doing again next season. Keep that tank as full as possible heading into the playoffs and LeDiesel will do his thing again, even if they disrespecting him by swallowing the whistle. Bron’s 3ball was money this year, but he’ll do it more frequently and skew those avgs the more gassed and reluctant he is in collapsing opposing defense by driving to the hoop. Any option that has Bron entering the playoffs at near 100 is worth looking at. Playoff Rondo seems to not give a damn to really spell Bron minutes during the regular season, so if it ain’t Cp3 and we decide to run it back, I hope we target some ball handling guards in the offseason.

Same idea goes for AD in also reserving his tank for the postseason by bringing in centers that can play alongside him during the regular season. AD will play the 5 more in the postseason as long as you protect him during the regular season.

Another aspect of this possible Cp3 deal is that we really don’t have great assets to make a meaningful trade this offseason. What makes the Cp3 deal a bit more realistic compared to other trade rumors is that Okc might entertain our deal in order for cheap ass Bennett getting off of Chris’s deal. Dipo would be great, but I doubt “gut-punched” Pritchard entertains our phone calls thanks to Wayoff P. Beal would also be great but he is seriously throwing out “loyalty vibes” if you listened in on his last public comments. Hield seems the most realistic in that regard since Luke could look to familiar faces to bring in to help stabilize his locker room again.

So out of all the current rumors, I too prefer Cp3 as oppose to running it back. However, if Bron/Rondo get more help with ball handling during the regular season and Dwight comes back to ease the burden off AD, then it’s all systems go on us repeating even with more contenders like the dubs and Nets joining the fray this time.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

I am very against this idea.

First, even if CP3 is healthy, it's not 100% sure this will benefit our team. Our depth has been a real strength this year and trading several players for CP3 may bring benefit, but it's not 100% sure, especially as he could continue to slow down with age.

Secondly, and most importantly, our chances the next two years would be highly dependent on a player who has been injured more often that not in the playoffs in recent years, while he is getting older and older.

Third, not only does it kill the 2021 plan, but it also makes us weaker going forward by getting rid of pieces which could either prove useful in the longterm or could at least be good trade bait.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

The point that we don't need Avery Bradley because we won without him is not a good point. Especially since we can easily say we won without Chris Paul so we don't need him to counter it, but of course you're trying to convince us we need him in the same breath.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

I just think green, kuzma, #28 can get a good player that’ll be healthy and explosive

Obviously Bradley Beal isn’t walking through that door unless someone in Washington is drunk.

But I’m sure there’s a player out there that can flat score

We need scoring not ball dominance

Paul holds the ball way too long, there’s a reason why rondo fits with the 2008 Celtics and the 2020 lakers

He moves quickly and judiciously, sets up offense, gets the ball out of his hands. I don’t trust Paul to stay healthy at all. At his price tag. I just feel like there’s gotta be another player out there more accurate to what the lakers need
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:

The voice of reason.
Chris Paul for two years at 15M/yr would be reasonable.
But 80M+ and gut your team for Chris Paul?
This is a championship team you are talking about gutting
It is not the same as the AD situation
AD has an upside. The best of Chris Paul has probably happened.
Why don't we just start an old folks home?

Exactly.

If you gut a championship team for a 36 year old pg who has clashed with his coaches and teammates and who has EIGHTY MILLION owed then you deserve to lose. Would be the dumbest move since Moz and Deng...not to mention you'd have to get so many players to agree to getting shipped out.

This contrived scenario is as close to impossible as you can get without it being completely impossible.

This has a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance of happening.

Now a buyout and sign is different but if you sign CP3 then you lose Rondo and the Lakers dont have any history of doing championship teams dirty.

Champs have a right to defend their crown. Lakers have always been of this mindset.

#BannersOverBillboards
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ofcourse ill take CP3 over Rondo and DG but no way Rondo would agree to S&T with Memphis
again, best option is for CP3 to do a buyout and we sign him outright

Rondo market will likely be 4-5M

Would he turn down 8-10M in a sign and trade for what will likely be his last pay day? Especially when Memphis is actually in a solid position going forward with their young core.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject:

If THT manages to not be traded away, and we get CP3... that's a pretty shifty backcourt. Lots of creating power.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Nation
@LakersNation

Some executives believe LeBron James could be a factor in the Lakers potentially pursuing a Chris Paul trade.

"Some executives." HILARIOUS!
Just like what they thought about Melo. And then Melo signed with the Lak... oh wait.

[edit] NVM. LakersNation using incorrect headlines again. I just read the article, and it wasn't an exec that said that, LN said it was Emplay. Freaking editors and headline makers, I swear.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
I just think green, kuzma, #28 can get a good player that’ll be healthy and explosive

Obviously Bradley Beal isn’t walking through that door unless someone in Washington is drunk.

But I’m sure there’s a player out there that can flat score

We need scoring not ball dominance

Paul holds the ball way too long, there’s a reason why rondo fits with the 2008 Celtics and the 2020 lakers

He moves quickly and judiciously, sets up offense, gets the ball out of his hands. I don’t trust Paul to stay healthy at all. At his price tag. I just feel like there’s gotta be another player out there more accurate to what the lakers need

Lavine be nice for DG/Kuz/#28 but not sure that's who LeBron wants
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Nation
@LakersNation

Some executives believe LeBron James could be a factor in the Lakers potentially pursuing a Chris Paul trade.

Just like what they thought about Melo. And then Melo signed with the Lak... oh wait.

exactly....they never learn
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Nation
@LakersNation

exactly....they never learn

[edit] NVM. LakersNation using incorrect headlines again. I just read the article, and it wasn't an exec that said that, LN said it was Emplay. Freaking editors and headline makers, I swear.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

Fans appear to not take into account that Rondo is AD's guy.

If AD wants Rondo back (which he will) the Lakers will bring Rondo back.

Its not just about what Bron wants (thats even if there's any truth to this asinine rumor) its also about what AD wants.

Rondo is not only a better fit financially, he's a better fit when it comes to chemistry as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 18 of 69
Jump to: