THANK YOU DANNY GREEN (Traded to Philadelphia, from OKC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

get rid of him and keep AB please
ahyiah
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

not sure what happened to DG in the bubble. i remember him on the spurs and somewhat on the raptors (didn't pay alot of attention last year, tbh) and he was deadly from 3. he hesitates on his 3's and people say he still shoots well (2/5 from game 4, i think, as an example), but he passes up so many open shots and basically kills the offense. let's just say if i never see a danny green drive to the basket floater again.. i'll be good.

he still plays spurts of really good defense but to me, he seemed to have lost a step as well.

if he was a couple million dollar a year player, thats okay. but for 15 million, i did expect way more from him.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

ahyiah wrote:
not sure what happened to DG in the bubble. i remember him on the spurs and somewhat on the raptors (didn't pay alot of attention last year, tbh) and he was deadly from 3. he hesitates on his 3's and people say he still shoots well (2/5 from game 4, i think, as an example), but he passes up so many open shots and basically kills the offense. let's just say if i never see a danny green drive to the basket floater again.. i'll be good.

he still plays spurts of really good defense but to me, he seemed to have lost a step as well.

if he was a couple million dollar a year player, thats okay. but for 15 million, i did expect way more from him.

Hasn't been deadly in the playoffs for a LOOOONG time: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02.html#2017-2020-sum:playoffs_per_game
Would prefer if we moved on from him.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

He has his flaws but the guy is a modern day Robert Horry as far as being a good luck charm.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He has his flaws but the guy is a modern day Robert Horry as far as being a good luck charm.

Uhhh...I wouldn’t go that far. Big difference is that Horry was clutch and contributed to his titles.

You think he would have missed that wide open shot in Game 5?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Uhhh...I wouldn’t go that far. Big difference is that Horry was clutch and contributed to his titles.

Whoever thinks Horry would have missed that shot better read a paper or something.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Danny Green is a champ; idiots who sent death threats against him and his family are not Laker fans.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I think objectively there were almost dead spot on equals as players and the defensive value and IQ each provided. That said, Horry gets the edge on clutchness. One of those rare, "I dont give a (bleep)" attitude that is perfect for the moment
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm not in a hurry to trade Green, unless of course, a more important
deal is made.

We need his length and D, but again, if there is someone that
provide the reach and gives us more pop, sure.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
deal is made.

u got to be joking
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
deal wrote:
deal is made.

u got to be joking

Our defense is why we won the championship, and he was a big part of it.

I know its easier to watch the ball, but the guy was putting the work in all season and all playoffs.

If the Clippers ever make it deep enough into the playoffs to play the Lakers, and if they had done it this year, you'd see Danny Green being the primary defender on Kawhi. The idea is to wear him down as the series goes down by making him work hard offensively for anything he gets, without having to have Lebron or AD play him. That means when Lebron does switch onto them to shut them down, they'd be weakened by body blows before we brought Lebron with the haymaker.

Matchups are what its all about in the playoffs, and having DG makes us really versatile since he can match up with just about anybody out there. He is willing to play defense, he has good hands, and challenges shots well. He runs through screens well, which we saw in virtually every series.

Danny Green Defense video from Lakers film room

Watching a video like this where they broke it down before this season as to why he is good, and adding in what we saw from him through this season, makes me excited to think of the possibilities of how we'll match up with teams in the playoffs next year.

Missing shots doesn't nullify all of that, especially since he still has people watching him defensively so even when his shots aren't falling they're still sticking to him.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Speaking on his podcast ‘Inside the Green Room with Danny Green’, the veteran swingman revealed that he was playing through pain in his Achilles all through the Lakers’ playoff run.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-danny-green-had-an-injury-in-nba-finals-lakers-star-reveals-why-he-missed-game-winning-shot-vs-heat/
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

All the railing on Danny & Kuzma just makes me root for them more. Until they're no longer wearing Lakers on the front of the chest, I want them to be awesome in their roles & help this team win. Hope they come back strong and better than ever.
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
All the railing on Danny & Kuzma just makes me root for them more. Until they're no longer wearing Lakers on the front of the chest, I want them to be awesome in their roles & help this team win. Hope they come back strong and better than ever.

I'm of that mindset too. I will root for them as long as they wear the purple and gold. They're my guys until they leave. Helping us win a championship adds that to lifetime status for me.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:

word to the mutha!
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:

+++1
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Exactly...Last thing we need is to pay $15 million for a good luck charm...invest in a 4 leaf clover. I think Rob is a very smart GM and knows this exact team won't repeat next year...I believe and hope
Rob can pull off a trade involving DG that improves our team..it more than likely includes McGee (opt in) and possibly Kuz.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Speaking on his podcast ‘Inside the Green Room with Danny Green’, the veteran swingman revealed that he was playing through pain in his Achilles all through the Lakers’ playoff run.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-danny-green-had-an-injury-in-nba-finals-lakers-star-reveals-why-he-missed-game-winning-shot-vs-heat/

He must've hurt it every year right before the playoffs since 2016 since his postseason 3 pt shooting numbers have been putrid for about that long.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:

He must've hurt it every year right before the playoffs since 2016 since his postseason 3 pt shooting numbers have been putrid for about that long.

Its a good thing basketball is more than just 3 point shooting or the old guy at the gym who never misses 3's could beat Lebron
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:

Its a good thing basketball is more than just 3 point shooting or the old guy at the gym who never misses 3's could beat Lebron

He's a 3 and D player with no 3 in the postseason.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject:

Does Cuffs know a little something something?
Quote:
Danny Green has no idea he’s getting shipped FedEx Ground

https://twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend/status/1320853315400466433?s=19

Interesting tweet from Bron's homie
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Does Cuffs know a little something something?
Quote:
Danny Green has no idea he’s getting shipped FedEx Ground

https://twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend/status/1320853315400466433?s=19

Interesting tweet from Bron's homie

Possibly. His tweets are pretty entertaining this time of year.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Whoever thinks Horry would have missed that shot better read a paper or something.

You need to read a history book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Horry#Los_Angeles_Lakers_(1997%E2%80%932003)

Quote:
In the 2003 playoffs, the Lakers were attempting to win their fourth straight NBA championship. But in Game 5 in the Western Conference Semifinals against the Spurs, Horry's chance for another game-winner rattled in and out with 5 seconds left, wiping out the Lakers' rally from a 25-point deficit. Horry went 0–18 on three-pointers in the series and the Lakers were eliminated in six games.

The Lakers actually had a trade in place for Horry at the deadline, but backed out and retained him for his playoff clutchness . . . and he laid a huge egg.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

I'm quoting Horry's funny line to Vlade after his shot in 2002 and not making a guarantee that Horry never misses, dumbass.

laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Danny Green is a champ; idiots who sent death threats against him and his family are not Laker fans.

If Danny Green is traded the same thing that happened to the Spurs and Toronto will happen to the Lakers. They will fall from contention.

The best way to keep the championship string going is to keep DG at least for another year.
Yes, his shot is not what it used to be. But he does many other things that is critical for a chip.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 41 of 44
Jump to: