OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4842, 4843, 4844 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

With the loss in revenues due to ticket sales, we hopefully should see more small-market teams seeking buyouts and maybe trying to clear ca for 21 free agency, I think we should wait for a CP3 buyout next year and push to get Bogdanovic or Hield with the Kuz/Green/28
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Guess Lakers are going to be the new home for borderline Hall Of Famers needing a ring to make the Hall Of Fame like Rondo or Hall Of Famers in search for their first ring like Dwight. I just don't get why the Lakers didn't just sign Rose last offseason when he was available instead of now having to give up assets to get Rose. I believe the rumors at the trade deadline had Caruso being involved, which should be a none-starter due to how good Caruso is on defense and wouldn't want to lose the last young asset in Kuzma for a back-up point guard. I'd rather the Lakers try to see if Rose will ask for a buyout from the Pistons next season during buyout time than give up assets for 32 year old Rose.

Rose will be sure fire HOF. I agree about waiting for him in a buy out then losing any asset to get him. I can see him playing Waiters role and preserving Lebron before the playoff.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
With the loss in revenues due to ticket sales, we hopefully should see more small-market teams seeking buyouts and maybe trying to clear ca for 21 free agency, I think we should wait for a CP3 buyout next year and push to get Bogdanovic or Hield with the Kuz/Green/28

Yea I dont get people here wanting to gut a championship team for a 35yr old. They expect everyone to sign for vet minimum to fill in the rest of the roster.

They claim the pieces were losing are crap but for some reason has value to land you a star player?

Makes no sense.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
I wonder if Kuzma, Green’s expiring k, THT, and the #28 are enough for LaVine.
MLE for Gallo.
BAE for Morris.
Vet mins for Wes Matthews, Cousins, Cook, Dudley and Cacok.

LaVine/Caruso/Cook
Bradley/KCP
James/Matthews/Dudley
Davis/Gallo/Cacok
Cousins/Howard/Morris

This would be a perfect off season, just not likely LaVine. Love LaVine, but Oladipo or Hield are more likely. Oladipo resigned would be a great plan B to Giannis and allow you to keep KCP and even Gallo long term after this year. My tweak would be RHJ for the min, sitting with Cacok and Kostas and a min guard outside the rotation. Would LOVE to see Morris and Rondo stay but if not...

Bradley 24/Caruso 24
Oladipo (or Hield) 32/KCP 16
James 34/KCP 14
Davis 20/Gallo 28
Cousins 18/Howard 16/Davis 14

Give me Gallo and Oladipo for LBJ's remaining years, keep the core and keep winning rings.

Last edited by fansincemagic on Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Yea I dont get people here wanting to gut a championship team for a 35yr old. They expect everyone to sign for vet minimum to fill in the rest of the roster.

They claim the pieces were losing are crap but for some reason has value to land you a star player?

Makes no sense.

CP3 is a game changer. I’ll do the trade too in a heartbeat with Lebron and AD blessing . But if he’s available, our offer will not be the most desirable for Presti so the chances of CP3 being a Laker is slim to none. CP3 has little leverage and OKC could care less on what he wants.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Makes no sense.

CP3 is a game changer. I’ll do the trade too in a heartbeat with Lebron and AD blessing . But if he’s available, our offer will not be the most desirable for Presti so the chances of CP3 being a Laker is slim to none. CP3 has little leverage and OKC could care less on what he wants.
if it is true that presti went to cp3 last year asking him if he wanted to go to a contender maybe cp3 told him he did this year
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
MLE for Gallo.
BAE for Morris.

LaVine/Caruso/Cook
Bradley/KCP
James/Matthews/Dudley
Davis/Gallo/Cacok
Cousins/Howard/Morris

This would be a perfect off season, just not likely LaVine. Love LaVine, but Oladipo or Hield are more likely. Oladipo resigned would be a great plan B to Giannis and allow you to keep KCP and even Gallo long term after this year. My tweak would be RHJ for the min, sitting with Cacok and Kostas and a min guard outside the rotation. Would LOVE to see Morris and Rondo stay but if not...

Bradley 24/Caruso 24
James 34/KCP 14
Davis 20/Gallo 28

Give me Gallo and Oladipo for LBJ's remaining years, keep the core and keep winning rings.

Don't think Oladipo or Lavine can be had for that package but Hield feels more likely and IMO the best best. If Vogel/AD/Handy can get even above average D out of Hield the way they did Kuz, he could be the 3rd option that puts us over the top. But if you move Green and Kuz who are our 2 wing defenders.. particularly Green who's still near elite on that level.. we need to replace them. which I don't see you did. KCP is way to small for bigger guards as Jimmy showed and Gallo is an awful defender. Our defense would be abysmal on the wings like Kawhi/Luka/Jimmy/Tatum and LeBron would be exhausted trying. Also, don't think Boogie should be counted on for mins yet. Where did McGee go?
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Makes no sense.

The idea isn’t that our crap offer is worth CP3. It’s not. The idea is that OKC doesn’t have to pay him 85 million over two years and they get a young player like Kuz that may actually be good in a better situation and a first round pick while sending him to a place he wants to be as a thank you for being simply amazing for OKC this year.

But main motivation is getting rid if his salary.

As for other teams ... ummm why would they sacrifice assets for a 35 yr old washed up point guard due 85 million over 2 years who doesn’t want to be there? Based on your reasoning that this is a horrible trade for us why wouldn’t it be similarly horrible for other teams??

Chris Paul’s preference doesn’t dictate where he goes but it makes a difference. OKC wants to get future players and how they treat current ones is a big factor. It’s still early in the game and a lot has to happen for this to be pulled off but it isn’t outlandish.
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Lakers need to prioritize securing a center that can start along side AD. I am sure this is one of AD's requirements before resigning.

Quite a few options in Dwight, DMC, Noel, Baynes, Ibaka or drafting one who could play immediately (e.g. Xavier Tillman). If McGee stays then would prefer he come off the bench and be used depending on matchups.

Kostas will make a leap in his physical presence. It’s his footwork that will be a point of concern early in the season. But he will hit the big bro training regiment in Greece this shortened off season. He will be our center come mid season and become a contender for MIP by seasons end. He will fully commit to living up to his ring and family name.

insert :Nick Young confused face:
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
MLE for Gallo.
BAE for Morris.

LaVine/Caruso/Cook
Bradley/KCP
James/Matthews/Dudley
Davis/Gallo/Cacok
Cousins/Howard/Morris

Bradley 24/Caruso 24
James 34/KCP 14
Davis 20/Gallo 28

Don't think Oladipo or Lavine can be had for that package but Hield feels more likely and IMO the best best. If Vogel/AD/Handy can get even above average D out of Hield the way they did Kuz, he could be the 3rd option that puts us over the top. But if you move Green and Kuz who are our 2 wing defenders.. particularly Green who's still near elite on that level.. we need to replace them. which I don't see you did. KCP is way to small for bigger guards as Jimmy showed and Gallo is an awful defender. Our defense would be abysmal on the wings like Kawhi/Luka/Jimmy/Tatum and LeBron would be exhausted trying. Also, don't think Boogie should be counted on for mins yet. Where did McGee go?

I don't think Lakers are going to commit 85m (106m with inventive) for 4 years for a third banana.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
MLE for Gallo.
BAE for Morris.

LaVine/Caruso/Cook
Bradley/KCP
James/Matthews/Dudley
Davis/Gallo/Cacok
Cousins/Howard/Morris

Bradley 24/Caruso 24
James 34/KCP 14
Davis 20/Gallo 28

Not that this would be ideal over the entire regular season, but in a 7-game series we could put AD onto these elite wings when needed, especially if we’ll have Gallo to help provide the extra scoring punch. I can imagine a closing lineup of LeBron-KCP-Gallo-AD, and any of LaVine, Oladipo, or Hield (hell, we did it with Caruso) and I’m confident we’ll still win that net matchup every time. But that’s the value that someone like Gallo would bring. And who knows, maybe a Thaddeus Young enters the buyout market and becomes our 2021 version of Markieff for the playoffs.

Last edited by HAWAIIGUY27 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Makes no sense.

I’m not gonna speak for Presti but he just saw CP3 play his heart out this year and almost lead the OKC in upsetting the Rockets in the 1st round, if he wants to play for a title and the Lakers would give him the best chance then Presti should accept CP3’s desire, most of the GMs are supposed to respect there star players.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
MLE for Gallo.
BAE for Morris.

LaVine/Caruso/Cook
Bradley/KCP
James/Matthews/Dudley
Davis/Gallo/Cacok
Cousins/Howard/Morris

Bradley 24/Caruso 24
James 34/KCP 14
Davis 20/Gallo 28

I don't think Green was elite, but the depth was a baseline without using the BAE. You could possibly coax Jamychal Green, but even if you only land RHJ (above) or MKG they have enough shooting to combat their lack. McGee was an oversight. Having the centers back and only adding (back with AB) defense at guard justifys having Gallo. The guy is a legit 3rd option that would slay with open looks, Hollis-Jefferson would be a descent complement.

I'd like a defensive wing but if you can get Oladipo you make the deal and find that later. With Hield, they'd have to try and limit time with Gallo in that scenario so that one is tougher but again you have the BAE available to burn.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CRoost wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Makes no sense.

I’m not gonna speak for Presti but he just saw CP3 play his heart out this year and almost lead the OKC in upsetting the Rockets in the 1st round, if he wants to play for a title and the Lakers would give him the best chance then Presti should accept CP3’s desire, most of the GMs are supposed to respect there star players.

Not really, look how Iguodala was traded to Memphis and Pat Riley refused to pay Wade
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CRoost wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Makes no sense.

All GMs are supposed to respect what the owner wants. In CP3’s case it could be to dump salary or it could be to make the playoffs.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Litmus test question. Would you deal Paul George straight up for any of these players:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Litmus test question. Would you deal Paul George straight up for any of these players:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert

Middleton or Jrue
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert

I'd rather have Simmons. I think you put Simmons at C, get him away from Embiid, and he becomes the superstar he is supposed to be. George is better than every other one of those players. I actually like McCollum more on offense - but George is so much better on D that it still swings George's way.

George is a top 15 player in this league, but he's still not the guy you have confidence will help you win a title even as the second guy. He's probably the only top 15 guy I can say that about (assuming Westbrook isn't in your top 15).

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.

1 major difference between Kuzma and Gallo is pretty significant, Gallo brings it every night, check his stats from game to game this season if you want, Gallinari is consistent while Kuzma isn’t which is pretty huge especially when we need a consistent 3rd scorer.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert

Middleton or Jrue

Jesus PG13 has fallen hard. This guy was 3rd in MVP voting last year wasn’t he?? 🤦🏻‍♂️
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert

Middleton or Jrue

Middleton is the most interesting one to me. He’s a 50/40/90 guy with years on his deal. Great complimentary player to a star and like George is two-way. George has higher upside as a star and is the far better ball handler.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert

Middleton or Jrue

Jesus PG13 has fallen hard. This guy was 3rd in MVP voting last year wasn’t he?? 🤦🏻‍♂️
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert

I'd rather have Simmons. I think you put Simmons at C, get him away from Embiid, and he becomes the superstar he is supposed to be. George is better than every other one of those players. I actually like McCollum more on offense - but George is so much better on D that it still swings George's way.

George is a top 15 player in this league, but he's still not the guy you have confidence will help you win a title even as the second guy. He's probably the only top 15 guy I can say that about (assuming Westbrook isn't in your top 15).

Yeah, there is something special about Simmons. I would love to have him on the Lakers.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

IG - Gallo doesn't have to adjust to playing next to Lebron. That's a pretty significant difference in my mind. Look how Kuz performed when he started. And, even then, the stats are the stats.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4842, 4843, 4844 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4843 of 8560
Jump to: