OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4843, 4844, 4845 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

I like Simmons at Center in theory. But I’m not convinced he’s willing to rotate and meet guys at the rim or bang for rebounds against true bigs. Star players want longevity now to maximize career earnings.

That said I would take him over George.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
IG - Gallo doesn't have to adjust to playing next to Lebron. That's a pretty significant difference in my mind. Look how Kuz performed when he started. And, even then, the stats are the stats.

I agree, Gallinari is basically what Kuzma’s ceiling is and maybe even lower because Gallinari is straight up buckets, yeah the stats might show that they have the same Impact but we know who the better player right now is and i like Kuzma.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
IG - Gallo doesn't have to adjust to playing next to Lebron. That's a pretty significant difference in my mind. Look how Kuz performed when he started. And, even then, the stats are the stats.

I was also high on the Gallo train earlier. But it seems Vogel won’t give minutes to guys who put the defense at risk (except Rondo). It seems like we should be focused on guys who can do it on both ends, especially since that is the team identity.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

A PG13 for Middleton swap would be interesting.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
A PG13 for Middleton swap would be interesting.

PG13 with Giannis goes nowhere surely?

I don’t think that team is a playoff team that makes it out of second round.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

A few questions/issues with Gallo.

He has basically started his entire career. Will be be content coming off the bench and possibly playing 25 minutes per game? AD does not want to play C so finding minutes will be difficult.

Gallo's last 2 playoff performances have been terrible. Inefficient scoring and if you complain about Kuzma then you should have concerns with Gallo. Is this a reflection of playoff basketball where teams can better scheme game plans and the game is more half court oriented?

He made $22mil this past season. How much less salary is he willing to take?

Listening to the podcast with Jared Dudley he made it clear teams game plan around their opponents weak defenders. I would believe Gallo would be targeted.

Why not just resign Morris?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Litmus test question. Would you deal Paul George straight up for any of these players:

Khris Middleton
Ben Simmons
Jrue Holliday
CJ McCollum
Rudy Gobert

Depends on the teams goal. If ur goal is to win championship you keep George paul as far as possible
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Kevin O’Connor brought up Tristan Thompson and Verno was floored with by the idea the Lakers could improve at center. Apparently Thompson is a pretty good 3 point shooter now?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PlantedTanks wrote:
A few questions/issues with Gallo.

He has basically started his entire career. Will be be content coming off the bench and possibly playing 25 minutes per game? AD does not want to play C so finding minutes will be difficult.

Gallo's last 2 playoff performances have been terrible. Inefficient scoring and if you complain about Kuzma then you should have concerns with Gallo. Is this a reflection of playoff basketball where teams can better scheme game plans and the game is more half court oriented?

He made $22mil this past season. How much less salary is he willing to take?

Listening to the podcast with Jared Dudley he made it clear teams game plan around their opponents weak defenders. I would believe Gallo would be targeted.

Why not just resign Morris?

Why my MLE pipe would actually be Wood over Gallo. Of course Grant first.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Lakers need to prioritize securing a center that can start along side AD. I am sure this is one of AD's requirements before resigning.

Quite a few options in Dwight, DMC, Noel, Baynes, Ibaka or drafting one who could play immediately (e.g. Xavier Tillman). If McGee stays then would prefer he come off the bench and be used depending on matchups.

Kostas will make a leap in his physical presence. It’s his footwork that will be a point of concern early in the season. But he will hit the big bro training regiment in Greece this shortened off season. He will be our center come mid season and become a contender for MIP by seasons end. He will fully commit to living up to his ring and family name.

Before this past season Kostas estimated he put on 15lbs yet his body still looked underdeveloped. If he plays C he will need to add at least another 15 but he still might be overpowered in the post. High center of gravity makes it difficult to hold his ground.

Pulling for him as he is a nice run and jump athlete. Still has a lot of skill development to work on and improving his defensive recognition on the court. Not this coming season but I feel he may be ready to contribute the following one.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Kevin O’Connor brought up Tristan Thompson and Verno was floored with by the idea the Lakers could improve at center. Apparently Thompson is a pretty good 3 point shooter now?

He went 9-23 from 3 this past season.

Not really a fan of spending our MLE for a C when we will likely have AD/Dwight/Boogie returning.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Thompson would be a significant upgrade. More of a positional defender than a shotblocker, but would have easily outplayed both Dwight and McGee on both sides of the floor. He's also one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.
That said, his 3pt prowess is overblowen. He only shot 0.4 3s per game last year, even if he hit them at 39%. I'd rather have Aron Baynes if we could do it.

You don't spend our MLE on him, but a BAE or vet min.? Sure, especially if Dwight leaves.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Not really a fan of spending our MLE for a C when we will likely have AD/Dwight/Boogie returning.

Agree. Cousins is AD's bff and for sure coming back.

We need to spend mle on 3/d wing or penetrating pg
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.

1 major difference between Kuzma and Gallo is pretty significant, Gallo brings it every night, check his stats from game to game this season if you want, Gallinari is consistent while Kuzma isn’t which is pretty huge especially when we need a consistent 3rd scorer.

Put Gallo on this Lakers team with Lebron and AD and I would suspect his stats would take a dive. See Chris Bosh and Kevin Love as examples.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Is there an article that supports this bff thing between AD and Cousins? I have never heard it in a video or seen it in an article.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

^I can say that I've heard AD speak about him. He gushes. Obviously loved playing with him.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Thompson would be a significant upgrade. More of a positional defender than a shotblocker, but would have easily outplayed both Dwight and McGee on both sides of the floor. He's also one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.
That said, his 3pt prowess is overblowen. He only shot 0.4 3s per game last year, even if he hit them at 39%. I'd rather have Aron Baynes if we could do it.

You don't spend our MLE on him, but a BAE or vet min.? Sure, especially if Dwight leaves.

I don't see Thompson being as successful as Dwight on the defensive end and especially defending big and/or athletic C's like Jokic and Bam.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Is there an article that supports this bff thing between AD and Cousins? I have never heard it in a video or seen it in an article.

Shams reported that right after we won the title, AD called Boogie from the locker room:

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/anthony-davis-connected-with-demarcus-cousins-after-clinching-title/
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Shams reported that right after we won the title, AD called Boogie from the locker room:

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/anthony-davis-connected-with-demarcus-cousins-after-clinching-title/

Thanks. Also to LakerSanity.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:
With the loss in revenues due to ticket sales, we hopefully should see more small-market teams seeking buyouts and maybe trying to clear ca for 21 free agency, I think we should wait for a CP3 buyout next year and push to get Bogdanovic or Hield with the Kuz/Green/28

Yea I dont get people here wanting to gut a championship team for a 35yr old. They expect everyone to sign for vet minimum to fill in the rest of the roster.

They claim the pieces were losing are crap but for some reason has value to land you a star player?

Makes no sense.

The idea isn’t that our crap offer is worth CP3. It’s not. The idea is that OKC doesn’t have to pay him 85 million over two years and they get a young player like Kuz that may actually be good in a better situation and a first round pick while sending him to a place he wants to be as a thank you for being simply amazing for OKC this year.

But main motivation is getting rid if his salary.

As for other teams ... ummm why would they sacrifice assets for a 35 yr old washed up point guard due 85 million over 2 years who doesn’t want to be there? Based on your reasoning that this is a horrible trade for us why wouldn’t it be similarly horrible for other teams??

Chris Paul’s preference doesn’t dictate where he goes but it makes a difference. OKC wants to get future players and how they treat current ones is a big factor. It’s still early in the game and a lot has to happen for this to be pulled off but it isn’t outlandish.

Other teams don’t have to do a 6 to 1 trade. Teams like Bucks and 76ers have salary to shed and better draft picks to offer. They dont have to gut their team for CP3.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.

1 major difference between Kuzma and Gallo is pretty significant, Gallo brings it every night, check his stats from game to game this season if you want, Gallinari is consistent while Kuzma isn’t which is pretty huge especially when we need a consistent 3rd scorer.

Put Gallo on this Lakers team with Lebron and AD and I would suspect his stats would take a dive. See Chris Bosh and Kevin Love as examples.

Gallo has never been a 1st or 2nd option. He’s used to playing 3rd or 4th option and still consistent with his production. Key word is CONSISTENT which is far from Kuz.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:
With the loss in revenues due to ticket sales, we hopefully should see more small-market teams seeking buyouts and maybe trying to clear ca for 21 free agency, I think we should wait for a CP3 buyout next year and push to get Bogdanovic or Hield with the Kuz/Green/28

Yea I dont get people here wanting to gut a championship team for a 35yr old. They expect everyone to sign for vet minimum to fill in the rest of the roster.

They claim the pieces were losing are crap but for some reason has value to land you a star player?

Makes no sense.

The idea isn’t that our crap offer is worth CP3. It’s not. The idea is that OKC doesn’t have to pay him 85 million over two years and they get a young player like Kuz that may actually be good in a better situation and a first round pick while sending him to a place he wants to be as a thank you for being simply amazing for OKC this year.

As for other teams ... ummm why would they sacrifice assets for a 35 yr old washed up point guard due 85 million over 2 years who doesn’t want to be there? Based on your reasoning that this is a horrible trade for us why wouldn’t it be similarly horrible for other teams??

Chris Paul’s preference doesn’t dictate where he goes but it makes a difference. OKC wants to get future players and how they treat current ones is a big factor. It’s still early in the game and a lot has to happen for this to be pulled off but it isn’t outlandish.

Other teams don’t have to do a 6 to 1 trade. Teams like Bucks and 76ers have salary to shed and better draft picks to offer. They dont have to gut their team for CP3.

The 6 for 1 thing is overrated. Cook, McGee,AB can all agree to pre arranged buyouts. Basically making it a 3 for 1. (DG/1st & Rondo or Kuz)
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Victor Oladipo wants a max deal when he becomes a free agent next offseason, per
@EricPincus

Keep this guy far away from here
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Makes no sense.

The 6 for 1 thing is overrated. Cook, McGee,AB can all agree to pre arranged buyouts. Basically making it a 3 for 1. (DG/1st & Rondo or Kuz)

You want those guys to opt in then trade them? They can all just opt out and sign with other contenders. Rondo will never agree to resign and get traded to a non contender. That trade also possibly cost us losing KCP, Dwight, and Kieff. Also read we lose our full MLE. You expect to offer vet minimum to everyone?

Rumor came from an executive from an eastern team. Sound like someone is trying to sabotage this team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

Victor Oladipo wants a max deal when he becomes a free agent next offseason, per
@EricPincus

Keep this guy far away from here

Potential damaged goods asking for a max deal. I have very little interest in Oladipo. And by very little I mean next to none.

I like the idea of Hield a lot and would cost less. But also don't hate the idea of more or less the same squad with some big wing defenders and hopefully another ball handler.. maybe something for Rose or Clarkson in S&T
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4843, 4844, 4845 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4844 of 8560
Jump to: