The LEBRON JAMES Thread - Give The Man His RESPECT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 1621

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!


Other guys have shot better.

Lebron shot 65.5% from 2-point. I believe that was third this year.

Robert Williams of Boston shot 77% and our own Dwight Howard shot 69%. They had many fewer attempts than Lebron but enough to qualify, I believe.

There have probably been 30 or 40 guys who have beaten this mark in other years. I believe the all-time record is held by Chris Anderson who shot 81% from 2s when Miami won the ring in 2013.

Maybe they meant he had the all-time record from 2s based on a certain number of attempts or some framing like that.


Minimum 150 attempts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30074

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!


Other guys have shot better.

Lebron shot 65.5% from 2-point. I believe that was third this year.

Robert Williams of Boston shot 77% and our own Dwight Howard shot 69%. They had many fewer attempts than Lebron but enough to qualify, I believe.

There have probably been 30 or 40 guys who have beaten this mark in other years. I believe the all-time record is held by Chris Anderson who shot 81% from 2s when Miami won the ring in 2013.

Maybe they meant he had the all-time record from 2s based on a certain number of attempts or some framing like that.


Minimum 150 attempts


That seems like a pretty high cutoff. I may be wrong, but I don't think 150 attempts is an official criteria from the NBA. But without question he shot. I just don't think it's an official record.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30074

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

BunnyHop wrote:
Remembering Wilt being DOMINATED by both Kareem and Russell back in the day, I can assure you he would not thrive in the modern game.


Wilt wasn't dominated by Russell and Kareem.

Russell teams were better and they usually won. But the Russell-Wilt matchup was about even. Same with Wilt and Kareem. Wilt's teams were 14-13 against Kareem's.

Wilt would still be a star today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 11154

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BunnyHop wrote:
Remembering Wilt being DOMINATED by both Kareem and Russell back in the day, I can assure you he would not thrive in the modern game.


Wilt wasn't dominated by Russell and Kareem.

Russell teams were better and they usually won. But the Russell-Wilt matchup was about even. Same with Wilt and Kareem. Wilt's teams were 14-13 against Kareem's.

Wilt would still be a star today.


Wilt vs Russell

Wilt averaged 30/28 on 48% shooting in 94 regular season matches against Russell. Russell average 14 and 23 on 37%. Playoffs Wilt was at 26 ppg and 28 rpg vs about 15 and 25 for Russell.

Kareem vs Wilt was more like Wilt vs Russell, with Wilt being the Russell. Kareem was 32 and 16 vs 16 and 18 for Wilt. Playoffs Cap was 30 and 17 vs 16 and 19.

In both cases, I think it's fair to say that no one was shut down and everyone put up stupid numbers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BunnyHop
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 14 Mar 2020
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I remember what I saw, the 60's Celtics with Russell made Wilt look human in the finals. The championship losses were always a disappointment year after year. I liken the Lakers during the 60's to the Kings in the early 2000's, couldnt get over the hump.

Kareem towered over Wilt and Wilt couldnt get his patented goto fingerroll. You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12669

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Just heard Lebron had a better 2 point field goal percentage in the playoffs than anyone ever. Something like 62 percent

Wow!


Other guys have shot better.

Lebron shot 65.5% from 2-point. I believe that was third this year.

Robert Williams of Boston shot 77% and our own Dwight Howard shot 69%. They had many fewer attempts than Lebron but enough to qualify, I believe.

There have probably been 30 or 40 guys who have beaten this mark in other years. I believe the all-time record is held by Chris Anderson who shot 81% from 2s when Miami won the ring in 2013.

Maybe they meant he had the all-time record from 2s based on a certain number of attempts or some framing like that.


Minimum 150 attempts


That seems like a pretty high cutoff. I may be wrong, but I don't think 150 attempts is an official criteria from the NBA. But without question he shot. I just don't think it's an official record.


You think it's high? Steph Curry had comfortably more than 400 shot attempts in last years playoffs. Even Kuzma qualifies with over 170 shot attempts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12669

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers credit LeBron James for inspiring them to overcome 3-1 deficit, while Braves credit Clippers for inspiring them to blow a 3-1 lead, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/BubbleWoj/status/1318038185897721856



Also congratulations Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12669

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Paul Pierce: - “If they see LeBron standing in front of them, fear’s chasing. I know this. You know, my era is out of the league. We weren’t afraid of LeBron. These guys today, he strikes fear in these guys.”

So what someone did is compile a 9 minute video of Lebron v Pierce in single coverage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIWCkNxsPDA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2897

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Paul Pierce: - “If they see LeBron standing in front of them, fear’s chasing. I know this. You know, my era is out of the league. We weren’t afraid of LeBron. These guys today, he strikes fear in these guys.”

So what someone did is compile a 9 minute video of Lebron v Pierce in single coverage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIWCkNxsPDA


I counted 126 fouls on Paulia. And a few on KG in both uni too.

So glad nothing came of those picks for Boston. How you gonna treat your champs like that?
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 11154

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject:

BunnyHop wrote:
I remember what I saw, the 60's Celtics with Russell made Wilt look human in the finals. The championship losses were always a disappointment year after year. I liken the Lakers during the 60's to the Kings in the early 2000's, couldnt get over the hump.

Kareem towered over Wilt and Wilt couldnt get his patented goto fingerroll. You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.


Statistics are records of historical events. They are things that happened. Human memory is remarkably fallible. It is nonsense of the highest order to claim that someone was terrible when they're dropping like 30/30 games and the other guy can't make a basket. So lets look at your memory...the actual facts are that Russell missed almost 70 out of every 100 shot attempts while being guarded by Wilt. This is a center we're talking about. Shooting in the paint, not bombing from the then non-existent arc.

You are also conflating team success with individual success. Russell's teams had more talent than Wilt's teams in most years. By a lot. Just like they had more talent than the other 7 or 8 teams in the league. The better team won. It's not some one-on-one contest while 8 other guys are cheerleading.

Also, Kareem did not tower over Wilt, that is nonsense. Kareem was 7'2", Wilt was 7'1". I cannot find any photo evidence that supports this notion of Kareem "towering" over Wilt. Again, your memory is in error. We have data in this case as well. Both men were measured repeatedly in their careers. Both their personal claims and the folks that measured them say Kareem was 7' 1 7/8" and Wilt was 7'1 1/2" (barefoot for both men). If you can provide evidence that contradicts all of the other evidence and the words of both Kareem and Wilt in regards to their own heights, I would love to see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13850

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
BunnyHop wrote:
I remember what I saw, the 60's Celtics with Russell made Wilt look human in the finals. The championship losses were always a disappointment year after year. I liken the Lakers during the 60's to the Kings in the early 2000's, couldnt get over the hump.

Kareem towered over Wilt and Wilt couldnt get his patented goto fingerroll. You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.


Statistics are records of historical events. They are things that happened. Human memory is remarkably fallible. It is nonsense of the highest order to claim that someone was terrible when they're dropping like 30/30 games and the other guy can't make a basket. So lets look at your memory...the actual facts are that Russell missed almost 70 out of every 100 shot attempts while being guarded by Wilt. This is a center we're talking about. Shooting in the paint, not bombing from the then non-existent arc.

You are also conflating team success with individual success. Russell's teams had more talent than Wilt's teams in most years. By a lot. Just like they had more talent than the other 7 or 8 teams in the league. The better team won. It's not some one-on-one contest while 8 other guys are cheerleading.

Also, Kareem did not tower over Wilt, that is nonsense. Kareem was 7'2", Wilt was 7'1". I cannot find any photo evidence that supports this notion of Kareem "towering" over Wilt. Again, your memory is in error. We have data in this case as well. Both men were measured repeatedly in their careers. Both their personal claims and the folks that measured them say Kareem was 7' 1 7/8" and Wilt was 7'1 1/2" (barefoot for both men). If you can provide evidence that contradicts all of the other evidence and the words of both Kareem and Wilt in regards to their own heights, I would love to see it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12669

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BunnyHop wrote:
I remember what I saw, the 60's Celtics with Russell made Wilt look human in the finals. The championship losses were always a disappointment year after year. I liken the Lakers during the 60's to the Kings in the early 2000's, couldnt get over the hump.

Kareem towered over Wilt and Wilt couldnt get his patented goto fingerroll. You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.


Statistics are records of historical events. They are things that happened. Human memory is remarkably fallible. It is nonsense of the highest order to claim that someone was terrible when they're dropping like 30/30 games and the other guy can't make a basket. So lets look at your memory...the actual facts are that Russell missed almost 70 out of every 100 shot attempts while being guarded by Wilt. This is a center we're talking about. Shooting in the paint, not bombing from the then non-existent arc.

You are also conflating team success with individual success. Russell's teams had more talent than Wilt's teams in most years. By a lot. Just like they had more talent than the other 7 or 8 teams in the league. The better team won. It's not some one-on-one contest while 8 other guys are cheerleading.

Also, Kareem did not tower over Wilt, that is nonsense. Kareem was 7'2", Wilt was 7'1". I cannot find any photo evidence that supports this notion of Kareem "towering" over Wilt. Again, your memory is in error. We have data in this case as well. Both men were measured repeatedly in their careers. Both their personal claims and the folks that measured them say Kareem was 7' 1 7/8" and Wilt was 7'1 1/2" (barefoot for both men). If you can provide evidence that contradicts all of the other evidence and the words of both Kareem and Wilt in regards to their own heights, I would love to see it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps


That second block is very likely called goaltending today
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10895
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BunnyHop wrote:
I remember what I saw, the 60's Celtics with Russell made Wilt look human in the finals. The championship losses were always a disappointment year after year. I liken the Lakers during the 60's to the Kings in the early 2000's, couldnt get over the hump.

Kareem towered over Wilt and Wilt couldnt get his patented goto fingerroll. You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.


Statistics are records of historical events. They are things that happened. Human memory is remarkably fallible. It is nonsense of the highest order to claim that someone was terrible when they're dropping like 30/30 games and the other guy can't make a basket. So lets look at your memory...the actual facts are that Russell missed almost 70 out of every 100 shot attempts while being guarded by Wilt. This is a center we're talking about. Shooting in the paint, not bombing from the then non-existent arc.

You are also conflating team success with individual success. Russell's teams had more talent than Wilt's teams in most years. By a lot. Just like they had more talent than the other 7 or 8 teams in the league. The better team won. It's not some one-on-one contest while 8 other guys are cheerleading.

Also, Kareem did not tower over Wilt, that is nonsense. Kareem was 7'2", Wilt was 7'1". I cannot find any photo evidence that supports this notion of Kareem "towering" over Wilt. Again, your memory is in error. We have data in this case as well. Both men were measured repeatedly in their careers. Both their personal claims and the folks that measured them say Kareem was 7' 1 7/8" and Wilt was 7'1 1/2" (barefoot for both men). If you can provide evidence that contradicts all of the other evidence and the words of both Kareem and Wilt in regards to their own heights, I would love to see it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps


That second block is very likely called goaltending today


Yeah, 2nd one was goaltending. I'm a Cap guy. I think he's the greatest center ever. I'll take him over Wilt in the playoffs.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2897

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BunnyHop wrote:
Remembering Wilt being DOMINATED by both Kareem and Russell back in the day, I can assure you he would not thrive in the modern game.


Wilt wasn't dominated by Russell and Kareem.

Russell teams were better and they usually won. But the Russell-Wilt matchup was about even. Same with Wilt and Kareem. Wilt's teams were 14-13 against Kareem's.

Wilt would still be a star today.


Wilt vs Russell

Wilt averaged 30/28 on 48% shooting in 94 regular season matches against Russell. Russell average 14 and 23 on 37%. Playoffs Wilt was at 26 ppg and 28 rpg vs about 15 and 25 for Russell.

Kareem vs Wilt was more like Wilt vs Russell, with Wilt being the Russell. Kareem was 32 and 16 vs 16 and 18 for Wilt. Playoffs Cap was 30 and 17 vs 16 and 19.

In both cases, I think it's fair to say that no one was shut down and everyone put up stupid numbers.


Those rebound numbers are redunkulous.
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30074

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

BunnyHop wrote:

Kareem towered over Wilt



Kareem was 7'2"; Wilt was 7'1"


BunnyHop wrote:
You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.



Your comment is perplexing. I believe Kareem is the only significant player as tall or taller than Wilt that Wilt ever played against.

So I don't know what you mean when you say "history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger."

Who are these bigger players that you think Wilt failed against?

Kareem and Wilt pretty much played to a draw.

Overall, Kareem and Wilt played 27 games against each other. Wilt's teams won 14.

Their teams met twice in the playoffs.

In 71, the Bucks beat the Lakers in the second round, and went on to win a ring. (West was out.)

In 72, the Lakers beat the Bucks in the second round, and went on to win a ring. (West was back)

I wonder if you are thinking about someone other than Wilt, because you don't seem to actually know much about Wilt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138049
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BunnyHop wrote:
I remember what I saw, the 60's Celtics with Russell made Wilt look human in the finals. The championship losses were always a disappointment year after year. I liken the Lakers during the 60's to the Kings in the early 2000's, couldnt get over the hump.

Kareem towered over Wilt and Wilt couldnt get his patented goto fingerroll. You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.


Statistics are records of historical events. They are things that happened. Human memory is remarkably fallible. It is nonsense of the highest order to claim that someone was terrible when they're dropping like 30/30 games and the other guy can't make a basket. So lets look at your memory...the actual facts are that Russell missed almost 70 out of every 100 shot attempts while being guarded by Wilt. This is a center we're talking about. Shooting in the paint, not bombing from the then non-existent arc.

You are also conflating team success with individual success. Russell's teams had more talent than Wilt's teams in most years. By a lot. Just like they had more talent than the other 7 or 8 teams in the league. The better team won. It's not some one-on-one contest while 8 other guys are cheerleading.

Also, Kareem did not tower over Wilt, that is nonsense. Kareem was 7'2", Wilt was 7'1". I cannot find any photo evidence that supports this notion of Kareem "towering" over Wilt. Again, your memory is in error. We have data in this case as well. Both men were measured repeatedly in their careers. Both their personal claims and the folks that measured them say Kareem was 7' 1 7/8" and Wilt was 7'1 1/2" (barefoot for both men). If you can provide evidence that contradicts all of the other evidence and the words of both Kareem and Wilt in regards to their own heights, I would love to see it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps


That second block is very likely called goaltending today


Yeah, 2nd one was goaltending. I'm a Cap guy. I think he's the greatest center ever. I'll take him over Wilt in the playoffs.


I think he’s the greatest player ever
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10895
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:


Yeah, 2nd one was goaltending. I'm a Cap guy. I think he's the greatest center ever. I'll take him over Wilt in the playoffs.


I think he’s the greatest player ever


We don't agree on a lot, but at least we agree that Kareem > Wilt. My older brother and I talk (bleep) to each other about this all the time lol. He's a Wilt guy for sure.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BunnyHop
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 14 Mar 2020
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

When I said Wilt couldnt put his mark on a historical game. lets look at the 68, 69, 70 finals. Btw in 68, 69 West and Baylor were on the team. Russel wasnt a goto scorer on any of his celtic teams so your arguments on how Wilt shut him down are moot.

In 68 the Lakers got handled 4-2 and got run out in the close out game by 15.

In 69 when west won the mvp on the losing team, wilt got benched in the 4th quarter due to injury even tho wilt wanted to play.

In 70 a injured Willis Reed (torn thigh muscle) Game7 shut down Wilt in the 1st half and the game was lost.

So when I say no historical marks, these are what I am talking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 62350

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

Lebron is physically dominant at his position in the same way Wilt was at his position. I have both in my top 5 all-time.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

Thank God we got this back on Lebron. He can't get any respect even in his own thread on LG! LoL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15966

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron is physically dominant at his position in the same way Wilt was at his position. I have both in my top 5 all-time.


Oh boy, here we go lol... wilt, Bron, 3 spots left:

MJ
Magic
Kobe
Bird
Shaq
Kareem
Duncan
Russell

Who u got?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 62350

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
32 wrote:
Lebron is physically dominant at his position in the same way Wilt was at his position. I have both in my top 5 all-time.


Oh boy, here we go lol... wilt, Bron, 3 spots left:

MJ
Magic
Kobe
Bird
Shaq
Kareem
Duncan
Russell

Who u got?


MJ
Kareem
Magic
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12669

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

The story of Lebron's 4th ring, a 2 part video:

Part 1 - You thought he was finished https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkKzAmbiKgI&ab_channel=Dom2k

Part 2 - Heavy is the head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd4ypwEM0fE&ab_channel=Dom2k
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30074

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

BunnyHop wrote:
When I said Wilt couldnt put his mark on a historical game. lets look at the 68, 69, 70 finals. Btw in 68, 69 West and Baylor were on the team. Russel wasnt a goto scorer on any of his celtic teams so your arguments on how Wilt shut him down are moot.

In 68 the Lakers got handled 4-2 and got run out in the close out game by 15.

In 69 when west won the mvp on the losing team, wilt got benched in the 4th quarter due to injury even tho wilt wanted to play.

In 70 a injured Willis Reed (torn thigh muscle) Game7 shut down Wilt in the 1st half and the game was lost.

So when I say no historical marks, these are what I am talking about.



It's very odd that you are criticizing Wilt for the Lakers losing the '68 finals.

Mel Counts was the Lakers center in ‘68. Wilt was winning the MVP award for the Philadelphia 76ers that year.

So when I say you do not seem to actually know much about Wilt, that is what I am talking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3245

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BunnyHop wrote:
I remember what I saw, the 60's Celtics with Russell made Wilt look human in the finals. The championship losses were always a disappointment year after year. I liken the Lakers during the 60's to the Kings in the early 2000's, couldnt get over the hump.

Kareem towered over Wilt and Wilt couldnt get his patented goto fingerroll. You can stat all you want, history says Wilt couldnt put his mark on a game with someone his own size or bigger.


Statistics are records of historical events. They are things that happened. Human memory is remarkably fallible. It is nonsense of the highest order to claim that someone was terrible when they're dropping like 30/30 games and the other guy can't make a basket. So lets look at your memory...the actual facts are that Russell missed almost 70 out of every 100 shot attempts while being guarded by Wilt. This is a center we're talking about. Shooting in the paint, not bombing from the then non-existent arc.

You are also conflating team success with individual success. Russell's teams had more talent than Wilt's teams in most years. By a lot. Just like they had more talent than the other 7 or 8 teams in the league. The better team won. It's not some one-on-one contest while 8 other guys are cheerleading.

Also, Kareem did not tower over Wilt, that is nonsense. Kareem was 7'2", Wilt was 7'1". I cannot find any photo evidence that supports this notion of Kareem "towering" over Wilt. Again, your memory is in error. We have data in this case as well. Both men were measured repeatedly in their careers. Both their personal claims and the folks that measured them say Kareem was 7' 1 7/8" and Wilt was 7'1 1/2" (barefoot for both men). If you can provide evidence that contradicts all of the other evidence and the words of both Kareem and Wilt in regards to their own heights, I would love to see it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps


That second block is very likely called goaltending today


Yeah, 2nd one was goaltending. I'm a Cap guy. I think he's the greatest center ever. I'll take him over Wilt in the playoffs.


I think he’s the greatest player ever


Ever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497  Next
Page 1495 of 1497
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB