THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The only team I fear are the Warriors offering him a 2 year $10 million deal. They would ask him to do exactly the same thing he did this year...play D, set picks and be physical. So will Dwight do that in GS? I read he's made well over $200 million as a player so we'll see if $ or being happy in LA with a championship and teammates is more important.

Yeah, I think it's a big possibility that he's on the Warriors next season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

Warriors may be in luxury tax hell. Signing Dwight for 5m will be something like a 15-18m luxury tax hit. Not sure they do that at all.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Warriors may be in luxury tax hell. Signing Dwight for 5m will be something like a 15-18m luxury tax hit. Not sure they do that at all.

How? I thought they have all this cap space in grade exception stuff like $17mil then their MLE and BAE, almost $25mil total?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How? I thought they have all this cap space in grade exception stuff like $17mil then their MLE and BAE, almost $25mil total?

The luxury tax would be calculated at the end of the season. But based on preliminary guesses, the Warriors already are WAY north of the luxury tax line, meaning every $ they spend in free agency is multiplied by the luxury tax.

The exceptions don't factor into reducing tax bills IIRC, but only can be used for trades (which they would then be taking in more $ + luxury tax hits on).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The luxury tax would be calculated at the end of the season. But based on preliminary guesses, the Warriors already are WAY north of the luxury tax line, meaning every $ they spend in free agency is multiplied by the luxury tax.

The exceptions don't factor into reducing tax bills IIRC, but only can be used for trades (which they would then be taking in more $ + luxury tax hits on).

Gotcha, I was thinking cap space, they might go for broke tho, their 3 stars are all in their 30s, one last run. Hope not
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ben Rosales
@brosales12

A few more items from Shams:

KCP and Rondo opting out. Both mutual interest in re-upping, KCP a possible Atlanta target.

Dwight with interest from Dubs. Mutual interest in returning to LA.

Kuz with several suitors if LA explores trade market.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Great news:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2039200

lock him down, and then lets get Rondo, KCP and Bradley locked down too.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Great news:

Yeah! Just do it, Dwight!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Great news:

The most GSW can offer him is their mle which is only around $5.5m... I think he takes a little discount to stay with the Lakers. Between $4-5mil should be able to do it.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGX_rCUHeY9/?igshid=1l27w1sfr2vli
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject:

He knows what it is to play with AD and Bron, and how good they are defensively. If they work on some more trust with him inside, he can be a 2-way impact guy, because we often forget about him and he is still one of the best targets inside in the game. We just need more practice in those sets, and in year 2, I could see much better chemistry with Dwight on offense.

Def should come back, and I do not think it takes us more than 3-5M to get it done. He is 34, and will likely be getting 1 or 2 year contract offers. Which Lakers easily can match.

I think Dwight first negotiates with the Lakers and this gets done fast.

When people look back at Dwights career, he will go down as a HOFer and one of the best defensive bigs in the league, and having a title with LA, and being a Laker for many years, that is something that looks incredible on a career resume. I just can not see Dwight leaving this, for a few bucks. This will get done, if the Lakers want it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

I just think Dwight may be forward thinking here. His image has 180d after one season back. Probably thinking about his post basketball career and basketball legacy. Playing here and winning another title kinda put him back in prominence. Especially if he’s the starter out the gate which to me may be the biggest allure. He’s going to start day 1 this season and I think for him that’s enough. Give him a pay raise and bring him back.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He knows what it is to play with AD and Bron, and how good they are defensively. If they work on some more trust with him inside, he can be a 2-way impact guy, because we often forget about him and he is still one of the best targets inside in the game. We just need more practice in those sets, and in year 2, I could see much better chemistry with Dwight on offense.

Def should come back, and I do not think it takes us more than 3-5M to get it done. He is 34, and will likely be getting 1 or 2 year contract offers. Which Lakers easily can match.

I think Dwight first negotiates with the Lakers and this gets done fast.

When people look back at Dwights career, he will go down as a HOFer and one of the best defensive bigs in the league, and having a title with LA, and being a Laker for many years, that is something that looks incredible on a career resume. I just can not see Dwight leaving this, for a few bucks. This will get done, if the Lakers want it.

This sums it up...I agree. I think the Lakers especially Vogel want him back and they get it done. I do believe McGee is gone...opt in (traded) opt out gone.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

Yeah re-sign Howard and trade McGee. Let the Warriors have McGee back.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He's correct, unless they move some people out, GSW payroll goes from $131mil this season to $145 next season.

Link: https://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

I wonder if there is any advantage to telling McGee if he opts in, he will be traded, which would make him opt-out..

Of course, Howard and/or Cousins has to be on board before doing that and certainly the Lakers may want his salary to trade, as Kuz alone does not add up to much...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

I remember that Dwight and Steph were working out together post season, right before he announced that he was going to Houston. There’s definitely something there. Not sure if they’ve kept in touch over the years.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

Not sure how legit this is, but I found an article saying that the Lakers are seeking to waive the rest of Deng’s contract since he retired due to injury. Doubt the league does us “anymore” favors, but it’d be great to drop 10m over the next 2 years!

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2041612/report-lakers-request-waiver-on-remainder-of-dengs-contract
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

Caruso/KCP/LeBron/AD/Howard

Is this the nastiest defensive lineup in the league?

I would say without question.

Is this the nastiest offensive lineup in the league?

Arguable, but certainly possible if clicking.

And I am not scared of our bench.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
I just think Dwight may be forward thinking here. His image has 180d after one season back. Probably thinking about his post basketball career and basketball legacy. Playing here and winning another title kinda put him back in prominence. Especially if he’s the starter out the gate which to me may be the biggest allure. He’s going to start day 1 this season and I think for him that’s enough. Give him a pay raise and bring him back.

Welcome to LG, a bit belated I know~

I agree with everything you posted above.

Bring him back, start him and let him flourish like he did this season. He was tremendous and I am not sure we had an answer for The Joker without him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGX_rCUHeY9/?igshid=1l27w1sfr2vli

Caption: "I cannot wait to get back on Inside the NBA and clown Barkley."
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:

Bring him back, start him and let him flourish like he did this season. He was tremendous and I am not sure we had an answer for The Joker without him.

The single biggest reason imo is exactly that, the Joker. The Nuggets until the Clips or Warriors prove it are still our biggest obstacle imo to get back to the Finals and having very possibly the best defender in the NBA against there best player is a great weapon to have. Obviously Dwight is good period and would be a key contributor against anyone, especially for the likely somewhat still low price. I also wouldn't be surprised at all to see his offensive game go up a bit more next season as the likely starter. It's one of those situations where it's the clear best situation for both sides.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:

Thanks!

Ya for me he’s just worth the pay raise and bringing him back. He still moves really well. He can stay fresh since he’ll only play 20-25 min at most. He still protects the paint incredibly well, rebounds really well and finishes at the cup. Both he and rondo are must resigns barring any major deal the lakers make. But even then Dwight to me is a top priority. Him and Davis are as unique a pairing as any in the league defensively. You almost can’t compete with that
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Would love to have him back, with all our other rotation guys too. Run it back for a repeat. Dwight was awesome this past season, would love to see him more so he could cement his legacy here.

Would be great if we could have a season with fans so we could show him some love at the next home game. Also, be with the team for the parade! Come on!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Last year the Lakers signed "Humble Dwight". He was timid, agreeable, low key and not disruptive at all.

As he gained confidence, strength and playing time, he gradually inched closer to "Carefree Dwight".

Then the fouls piled up and he became even more like his former self "Careless Dwight".

We can only hope that "Championship Dwight" does not get all cocky and become "Disruptive Dwight".

Last edited by unleasHell on Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 125 of 137
Jump to: