Ladies and gentlemen, the car you've all been waiting for: The all new fully electric hummer, brought to you by GM!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's pricy. Too pricy for the average Joe. It's a start to getting away from gas driven autos though.

yeah, I love it....but I doubt they manufacture or sale many at that price point. I just do not think people that are shopping in that price point are looking for a large vehicle that appears to be designed for dirt roads as much as pavement. I am guessing you begin to lose the buyer that is most attracted to the Hummer around $50-$60K?

I bought a H3 when they first came out, and it was a mistake. I was still at the age that was attracted to the brand and it fit my budget at the time.....but it was not a well make automobile. It was a fun little truck/suv to drive around, but was just cheaply manufactured.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It's pricy. Too pricy for the average Joe. It's a start to getting away from gas driven autos though.

yeah, I love it....but I doubt they manufacture or sale many at that price point. I just do not think people that are shopping in that price point are looking for a large vehicle that appears to be designed for dirt roads as much as pavement. I am guessing you begin to lose the buyer that is most attracted to the Hummer around $50-$60K?

I bought a H3 when they first came out, and it was a mistake. I was still at the age that was attracted to the brand and it fit my budget at the time.....but it was not a well make automobile. It was a fun little truck/suv to drive around, but was just cheaply manufactured.

I don't know . . . a lot of people like the Ford Shelby Raptor
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgaux wrote:

That is for a fully loaded limited edition launch model. Base Hummer will start at $80k.

Midsize Cadillac Lyriq electric CUV starts at $60k.

Chevy electric Silverado will likely start at $40k-45k.

All the above will use Ultium batteries. GM constructing battery factory for 30 GWh in Ohio as I write this. Plus a second factory in Tennessee has just been authorized for 35 GWh. Tesla currently manufactures 40 GWh per year in Nevada.

Chevy Bolt starts at $31k. Chevy Bolt EUV crossover starts at $33k.

Cheapest Tesla available is Model 3 SR+ starting at $39k. Got one last week via Carplus who helped to find the best finance. If you don't have the whole sum I strongly recommend to ask the guys at this firm for help.

Biden will likely announce new EV incentives that requalify GM and Tesla soon. Federal incentives for GM and Tesla are currently expired.

It looks gorgeous. I was waiting for the new Tesla Model S Plaid + for its acceleration and range but this Hummer in some aspects looks even more preferable, to my mind.

Last edited by Macferson on Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

$112,000 due to economies of scale limitations. Legacy automakers are in trouble, most are now admitting combustion is in trouble and they will have have issues scaling manufacturing to electric.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
$112,000 due to economies of scale limitations. Legacy automakers are in trouble, most are now admitting combustion is in trouble and they will have have issues scaling manufacturing to electric.

That is for a fully loaded limited edition launch model. Base Hummer will start at $80k.

All the above will use Ultium batteries. GM constructing battery factory for 30 GWh in Ohio as I write this. Plus a second factory in Tennessee has just been authorized for 35 GWh. Tesla currently manufactures 40 GWh per year in Nevada.

Cheapest Tesla available is Model 3 SR+ starting at $39k.

Biden will likely announce new EV incentives that requalify GM and Tesla soon. Federal incentives for GM and Tesla are currently expired.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

Cheapest Tesla available is Model 3 SR+ starting at $39k.

I'm aware of GM's battery plans and partnerships, I see themselves and VW are one of the few legacy automakers attempting to push forward in the EV space.

Essentially I would say Tesla is spread-heading the market, and that is going to open it up for others to capture marketshare.

China is a major beneficiary, as they have the supply chain and won't have old infrastructure/commitments (shareholders with short term goals + short term executive comps.) slowing them down.

The Biden incentives is going to help most of the automakers I agree, as many as still trying to straddle the fence, which isn't going to work if you want to be profitable long term in high volume manufacturing. Based on what I see, it doesn't seem most are going to be able to make the transition to EV at the pace it's going to go.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

It is impressive to see that despite the electric propulsion, GM was still able to keep the small genital compensation factor of the new Hummer at 100.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: