Dodgers vs Lakers Championship Significance
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Dodgers vs Lakers Championship Significance

Do you guys view the Dodgers potential WS win to be on the same level as the Lakers’ win? Less or more, or about the same?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Dodgers vs Lakers Championship Significance

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Do you guys view the Dodgers potential WS win to be on the same level as the Lakers’ win? Less or more, or about the same?

I will enjoy both just the same!!!! Dodgers hadnt won in 32 years and losing Game 4 like that.....

Lakers winning in a season dedicated to Kobe and to validate the Lakers legacies of Lebron and AD just as important and more importantly, tieing the Celtics in chip counts
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a Dodger fan, I have no issue...Lakers!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers winning a World Series, an end of a long drought.
Lakers winning a championship, cementing themselves as the top team in the NBA.
Dodgers will probably bring out more raucous celebrations because its been so long.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers losing Game 4 changed the narrative of Kershaw pitching to win the title in Game 5 just like the Lakers losing game 5 changed the narrative of winning in the Kobe jerseys. Now hopefully both will win in 6. Both teams won in 1988 as well.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

First of all I hate baseball.

Second of all I loved that steroid using cheater Barry Bonds. LOVE HIM.

And finally considering what the Dodgers have endured the past few years isn’t this thread like a MASSIVE jinx??? 😂
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Not a dodger fan but I think there’s not as many storylines there as there were with the Lakers this year that made it so meaningful to win. I’m rooting for Tampa Bay in this one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

In a perfect world the Lakers win the NBA title and the Cardinals win the World Series.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Someone please convince me that if the Dodgers win this world championship, it will be fully legit with no asterisk.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Someone please convince me that if the Dodgers win this world championship, it will be fully legit with no asterisk.

Because there's none of these involved.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

To Angelinos who are diehards of both teams, it won't even be close. The Dodger championship will mean much more. The players are for the most part homegrown or came into their own here, the sole exception really being Mookie Betts. This Lakers squad is a band of mercenaries for hire.

The Dodgers are so more accessible to the every day fan than the Lakers in terms of going to games. Both have horrible TV accessibility.

Finally, after the 32 year drought and the last decade of misery topped by the travesty of 2017, a victory will exorcise demons long holding an excruciating power over the fanbase.

I've been an ardent, rabid fan of both teams forever, and I would gladly trade 17 for number 7. No hesitation. One of my best friends is a Boston native and he agreed on his end, he would take a Celtic title over another Red Sox title since they've won frequently since the Celtics were dominant.

Having said all that, they haven't won yet. No jinxes please.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Not a dodger fan but I think there’s not as many storylines there as there were with the Lakers this year that made it so meaningful to win. I’m rooting for Tampa Bay in this one.

There are way more storylines, just none as global as Kobe's passing.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers. Longer drought, plus Kershaw finally getting a ring.

FYI, I have been a super fan of both teams since 1962!
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I look at it the same, both were different, but they played an official season and full playoffs
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I was a huge Dodgers fan in my youth (still have my 88 world series tshirt in a drawer somewhere), but somewhere in the 90's I just lost interest in baseball and gave 99% of my sports love to the Lakers. But these last few years I've held a distant relationship with the Dodgers.

It seems like my answer would be obvious, but the odd thing is I didn't feel a whole lot of emotion when the Lakers won this year. I didn't even watch most of the playoff games. Personally, I found it hard to find much joy in watching the team after Kobe died.

On the other hand, I felt the sorrow of many heartbreaking defeats this Dodger team has suffered over the last few years, and especially having a title robbed from them by a cheating scandal. I feel myself pulling for this Dodgers team more than I did the Lakers.

The Lakers' generational talent had already won multiple championships. The Dodgers have a generational talent in Kershaw who is still searching for his first. If the Dodgers pull this out I think I'll remember it favorably over the Lakers. It's weird to say that considering I've been a diehard Laker fan for over 30 years.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

MLB postseason is such a crapshoot with best of 3 and 5 series so much greater chance for flukes and upsets so the Dodgers winning it would have greater odds then the Lakers. Both rank up there in the same pantheon of winners and of course you can't choose your favorite child as this thread title suggests.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

Man it would be great If the Dodgers can pull this off, there been recent heartbreak that’s been so tough to take, and after so many years to finally get that championship would be amazing.

The story of LA’s 2 teams both winning in 2020 would be a dream come true.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

I love how OP has the balls to try and underestimate the Heat, learns nothing, and two weeks later looks ahead to a Dodgers win that hasn’t happened yet.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

I’m happy for the Dodgers getting this far and I hope they pull it off. Having said that, I’m not a baseball fan at all and haven’t watched a game in decades. It’s all Lakers for me.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

Well, if ur asking this question on the Lakers board, then the answer should be obvious. It's nice to see the Dodgers doing well. It brings more prestige to LA. LA is the City of Champions. Now if only the Rams could somehow pull off a superbowl win, they would complete the trifecta but they are a longshot from doing so.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Man it would be great If the Dodgers can pull this off, there been recent heartbreak that’s been so tough to take, and after so many years to finally get that championship would be amazing.

Yup. Lakers will always be #1 in my heart but, to me, it would be a bigger win for the Dodgers because they've been knocking on the door for the last seven years. We can finally say LA won two major sports championship in the same year which hasn't happened since the last time the Dodgers won the World Series.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

Yup. Lakers will always be #1 in my heart but, to me, it would be a bigger win for the Dodgers because they've been knocking on the door for the last seven years. We can finally say LA won two major sports championship in the same year which hasn't happened since the last time the Dodgers won the World Series.

LA has been spoiled to the point where if the Lakers don't win every decade we think the sky is falling. We expect the Lakers to win championships because of the excellence that started under the Buss regime. On the other hand, the Dodgers have come up short time and time again for the past 32 years, so when they finally do break thru you will see a lot of pent up frustration relieved. The Dodgers were supposed to have the Laker standard of excellence just because of how good they were previously in the past so when they finally do win it will be more of a relief that they can finally meet some sort of high expectations that are set for them.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

This thread is premature because the Dodgers haven't won yet. If they do it will be equal to the Lakers winning the championship for me.
lakerhalo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

I'm a Lakers/Angels fan (2002 was a great year for me ) but i don't hate the Dodgers. I have a ton of family/friends that i'm happy for right now (i know it's not over but it is) as it has been a long drought. I'm especially happy for Clayton Kershaw, he deserves all the love.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

If the Dodgers manage to seal the deal, there will be people in their mid 30's and below that will finally see the Boys in Blue win a championship. To them all they see are old footage of the Dodgers 88 title run and maybe if their lucky previous championships like the 81 series in the archives. To those fans a Dodgers championship is like those stories that you pass on to your children about something that happened back in the day.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: