LAKERS -vs- HEAT - 10/11 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB! I always read these and enjoy your intros.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks again DB, great job as always.

We finally got @17, feels great. I'm enjoying this one
for sure...

And with the off season upon us now, let's see what tweaks
are made.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

Thank you DB. Your game descriptions are classic. When you write your book I want a signed copy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

...what Jodeke wrote...

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Man, DB, thanks so much for the write ups. They are the first words I read, well, after victories. Dwight a "made man", gangster!
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the excellent write up DB! Our coaching staff made excellent adjustments in every series as evidenced by inserting Caruso into the lineup and sliding AD to the 5 last night. The first half was an absolute defensive clinic! Rondo was unbelievable last night and I had so much joy seeing our team win the Championship after everything that transpired this season. I honestly had tears for many reasons. Congratulations to everyone because our team won #17!

Last edited by BigE32 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for everything DB!

What a great read.

#BannersOverBillboards
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

DB thanks so much for all your hard work. You stuck at it through the long lean years. Often I couldn't stomach watching the games but would always read your write-ups. So nice that you've again had the opportunity to write under glorious circumstances again.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
RhodyRay wrote:
DB,

THIS!

This is the post I wanted to read!! THE FOUR HORSEMEN!!!!

EPIC!

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT job DB!

Thanks, RR. I was not ready to write it in the last game. Went on a hike just before game time and got in a good place for this one and the Lakers delivered. Hard to concentrate when I wanted to celebrate but pounded this one out.

DB,

We have been on these Laker boards from the beginning and this NEVER gets old!

I look at some of the new school posters who get impatient about the Lakers not winning every year and just smile. The Lakers win a championship on average every 4.35 years. It took 10 years to win this ring and hopefully the Lakers will win 1-2 more in a row! That how we do it!

Winning is not guaranteed but with the Laker brand it is almost a certainty!

DB you are a superstar and a Hall of Famer with all of LakerNation throughout the world. Keep up the great work and hopefully the FOUR HORSEMEN will ride again next year!
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

DB returns with another epic Four Horsemen tale to close out title #17! It's been a long time coming.

FUN FACT: My first son was born in 1985. Lakers were Champs in Boston that year. His son, my first grandson, was born in 2020. Lakers beat the Heat to tie Boston for most NBA Championships!
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. You're a blessing.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject:

DB

thanks
Thanks
THANKS

For all your great work and time that you put into your reports

Just letting you know that I am just one of countless others that greatly appreciate your work

Don't know when the next season will start, but anxiously await when we can meet again on this board

Best to your very patient family members!!!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Game 6 was an absolute master class by the Lakers in defensive ferocity. I have not seen this type of demolition for 3 quarters by one team on another in a finals in a long time. They swarmed, they attacked, they made the Heat appear very, very timid.

Great overall post DrDent; this part bears repeating. This was a defensive masterpiece. THIS is great basketball.

AD, LBJ, Caruso, KCP, Rondo, Green, Morris. Incredible.

Thanks!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We made some big defensive adjustments, with AD over at the 5, and Caruso in, we saw a lot less Butler switching. Go back to last game, and the first few Butler possessions, he gets AD switched up to Dwight. He takes Dwight one on one. Our defense just could not lock down the way this group with AD at the 5 and Caruso in as an additional wing defender, did.

After previous game, I said in DBs thread. One more defensive game. That has been this team's strength all season, aside from having LBJ/AD. And boy did we get that defensive game. That first half defense, has to rival some of the all time defensive efforts in NBA Finals history. Great coaching. Vogel knows this team inside out. He knew the changes he was making and why. Brilliant.

Can't say enough Caruso, Rondo and AD. AD gets his props. But Caruso and Rondo had big time efforts. Caruso defensive effort and energy is infectious. Rondo came in with a mindset that he is going to make Miami pay for not defending him well. He brought out stuff from 10 years ago (the spin move off a drive to get a layup, that was just sensational).

This season has been over a year long. We began really this season, the moment we traded for AD. Since then, I can remember all the talk and all the drama. The coaching drama. The FO drama. The losing out on Kawhi to the Clippers drama. Fans talking about how much better Ballmer is than Jeanie. Sure we start out great, but then Kobe passes away tragically with his daughter and other friends. The game just felt empty after that. Start to regain that momentum, with wins against Clippers and Bucks. Then pandemic hits for a NBA league wide shut down. I at some point began to envision the Lakers trying to make a run in 2021. I was thinking about Bron's age, and whether he can have that kind of season. Somehow we got to finish out this season. And then when it restarts, we look nothing like the team we were pre-pandemic.

I know Barkely is a clown on TV, but he picked the Blazers over us for a reason. The Lakers were playing awful, and this is not the most talented team in the league, especially on offense.

To go from there, and if you had told me after we dropped game 1 to the Blazers, that we are gonna win it all. Man, I am just so happy. I'm happy that I personally put in so much time breaking down this team's strengths and weaknesses. Last few years, I just couldn't do that, it was all about player development. It was not something I ever felt great about, that instead of focusing on the Lakers team strengths and weaknesses, the majority of the talk was about the specific drafted players strengths and weaknesses and how to develop them. Some fans became more invested in a player's development (Such as Ingram) than the actual impact signing a Lebron James, meant. We had the best player of his generation, still playing at a superstar level. It was time to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses and build an instant winner.

What a season. And in 3-4 months from now, I dunno, man. I think unless some other teams make major moves, we have a legit shot at a repeat with the way Bron and AD are playing. If AD is healthy, AD should actually be better next summer than now.

Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject:

fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject:

Thank you for answering the request!! As a writer, I love the
Horsemen! Brings me back to the Gasol, Kobe era!

I think you missed your calling as a writer!!

KOBE BRYANT
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks db for the recaps all year! Your posts are what makes LG unique (and the best) among sports forums
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject:

DB, thanks for all you do.

Seeing each player and Vogel with a was just perfect. I started reading, scrolled and thought "my man is giving 'em all a trophy." Love it. They all earned it in their ways.

17 feels soooooo nice. I have watched 11 of those titles and every one is special. This one is so very different in lots and lots of ways.

Tie with Boston!
Lebron not washed.
Kobe But the way the team rallied for him. AD yelling Kobe on that game winner. The mamba jerseys. 123-mamba. Just love.
The shutdown...WHAT? We were rolling and then Covid hits. Ugh.
The bubble (much harder basketball IMO).
Playoff Rondo
Alex The Goat Carushow
AD coming into his own, healthy and crying on the bench as the seconds ticked off
DEFENSE
The amazing redemption story of Dwight Howard

And so much more. A special season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

This thread needs to be encased as an LG statue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: