CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Is paying KCP 10-12M over paying?

Not for another team, no. But the Lakers historically don't go into the luxury tax for role players. Is this different because we're coming off a title? And it's Klutch? Maybe.

I think 10 mil would be a good price for KCP, but i'm sure Rich Paul has a 12-16 mil figure in his head. And there's just areas where we are sorely lacking (playmaking, shooting, size) that we're gonna end up filling out with the mini MLE and league minimums just to resign KCP?

He was a pretty important player for the playoffs, arguably our 3rd/4th best player. He helped guard the other team's best perimeter players and hit clutch 3s for us when guys like Danny Green were having a difficult time.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Not for another team, no. But the Lakers historically don't go into the luxury tax for role players. Is this different because we're coming off a title? And it's Klutch? Maybe.

I think 10 mil would be a good price for KCP, but i'm sure Rich Paul has a 12-16 mil figure in his head. And there's just areas where we are sorely lacking (playmaking, shooting, size) that we're gonna end up filling out with the mini MLE and league minimums just to resign KCP?

Lakers did right by KCP & Klutch, paying him when he overplayed his hand in Detroit. If he leaves - or we can't meet his salary demands - fine, but there should be no hard feelings from him or Klutch.

KCP was a solid "3-and-D" guy this year . . . but his 9/2 /2 with decent D are replaceable.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

He was a pretty important player for the playoffs, arguably our 3rd/4th best player. He helped guard the other team's best perimeter players and hit clutch 3s for us when guys like Danny Green were having a difficult time.

I'm not gonna deny what he provided for the team. But do the Lakers buck convention and become a tax-paying team for him? It's not something they historically do. And these could be historically lean times for the Busses, who depend greatly on ticket sales for revenue.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I'm not gonna deny what he provided for the team. But do the Lakers buck convention and become a tax-paying team for him? It's not something they historically do. And these could be historically lean times for the Busses, who depend greatly on ticket sales for revenue.

I'm not sure we will hit the luxury tax. Remember, the luxury tax is calculated at the end of the season. Worst come to worse we will move off of deals to get under that if we are financial dire straits.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

No denying the fact that the Lakers ownership and FO has some really tough choices to make, both financially and roster construction.

There are a lot of options to consider as countless posts point out.

Bottom line for me is the decision has already been made. They just have to accept the cost of choosing this path they have already committed to.

Team went all in for James and Davis. It turned into the Championship.

They can’t squander James’ final MVP level years by going cheap on salaries or roster construction. Repeating is going to be tough enough as it is, now is not the time to cut corners or settle for questionable players.

Can’t wait to see how FO/ Klutch choose to go into the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

^100% FDB!
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

^ Is this even CP3 talk?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
^ Is this even CP3 talk?

I got ya bruh 😆😂🤣

KingKobe20 wrote:
So Chris Paul could possibly end up a Laker in the final years of his career going for a title.
The team he was vetoed from playing on back in 2011 where he ended up getting traded to the junior varsity team in Los Angeles.

Where New Orleans got a draft pick from which ended up turning into NCAA Champion Anthony Davis who just won a NBA championship with the Lakers.

The Lakers Front Office:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzx3-hKl__8
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Attempting to bring the discussion back to CP3 coming to the Lakers imagine if we somehow bring back most of the roster like Dwight, Rondo off the bench, and Kieff. Of course some players will be gone via trade for CP.

Giving CP3 players to play with like Dwight, Javale, Caruso, and Kieff is already a major upgrade from what he had to play with in OKC. Especially on the defensive end.

An that’s not even factoring in what Lebron, AD, and Kuzma (If he’s not included in trade) would bring playing alongside Chris.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Attempting to bring the discussion back to CP3 coming to the Lakers imagine if we somehow bring back most of the roster like Dwight, Rondo off the bench, and Kieff. Of course some players will be gone via trade for CP.

Giving CP3 players to play with like Dwight, Javale, Caruso, and Kieff is already a major upgrade from what he had to play with in OKC. Especially on the defensive end.

An that’s not even factoring in what Lebron, AD, and Kuzma (If he’s not included in trade) would bring playing alongside Chris.

Haven't been up to date with the CP3 thing, but we don't have to include Kuzma for CP3 anymore?

If that's true, then it's a no brainer! Do it Rob!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Haven't been up to date with the CP3 thing, but we don't have to include Kuzma for CP3 anymore?

Pretty sure we would have to unless OKC is looking for a salary dump or we facilitate a third team into the equation. Kuzma is only making 4 million this upcoming season compared to CP3’s 40 mill.

I think Danny would be gone for sure. 😩
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

He has had a good run here with us, I remember wishing that they had signed him for longer when he first came. In a normal year $12 mil would be a bargain for him. We need to keep him here and there shouldn’t be any reason that we can’t. Unless CP3 is available, then we probably can’t keep KCP financially.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Why would it not be necessary to include Kuzma?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

if there are back to back to back because of cramped up schedule imagine what it will do to CP3 and his fragile body
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Lakers did right by KCP & Klutch, paying him when he overplayed his hand in Detroit. If he leaves - or we can't meet his salary demands - fine, but there should be no hard feelings from him or Klutch.

KCP was a solid "3-and-D" guy this year . . . but his 9/2 /2 with decent D are replaceable.

Sign & Trade KCP to Detroit for DRose + Kennard?
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

If CP3 really wants to join Lebron & AD, the best scenario is to agree for a Buyout with OKC then sign with the Lakers for like KCP money or DG contract. He will also give the Lakers more room to get role players via FA.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Sign & Trade KCP to Detroit for DRose + Kennard?

Eff DRose. Kennard would be great! I'd do Kuzma straight up for Kennard, or Kuz + 28 for Kennard + a future #2 if KCP walks.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

The Bald Eagle can handle any additional hunting time that he is provided.

Nothing to see here.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Only possible if Rondo agrees to a bloated 1y10M sign and trade (only first year guaranteed)

If CP3 is coming here, I could see Rondo looking else where regardless
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Only possible if Rondo agrees to a bloated 1y10M sign and trade (only first year guaranteed)

S&T's need to be 3 years in length.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Only the first year have to be guranteed making it basically a 1 year deal.

Rondo market will likely be about 3-5M.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
^ Is this even CP3 talk?

I got ya bruh 😆😂🤣

KingKobe20 wrote:
So Chris Paul could possibly end up a Laker in the final years of his career going for a title.
The team he was vetoed from playing on back in 2011 where he ended up getting traded to the junior varsity team in Los Angeles.

Where New Orleans got a draft pick from which ended up turning into NCAA Champion Anthony Davis who just won a NBA championship with the Lakers.

The Lakers Front Office:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzx3-hKl__8

this is hilarious. but the traded pick eventually turned into austin rivers who ended up playing for the clips.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Only the first year have to be guranteed making it basically a 1 year deal.

Rondo market will likely be about 3-5M.

Or McGee if he opts out
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

yeah.. CP3 and rondo aren't going to coexist. and I think I'd take playoff rondo over injured and unable to play CP3 in the playoffs
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
yeah.. CP3 and rondo aren't going to coexist. and I think I'd take playoff rondo over injured and unable to play CP3 in the playoffs

On the contrary, CP3 has been healthy all season, played every game in the Playoffs and only missed 2 games in the regular season and not because of health but due to Kobe's death.

I get the stigma of CP3 always being hurt similar to non-Lakers fans having a stigma of Kuzma not playing defense but if you follow what CP3 has been doing with his diet, his workout, his body, you know, he definitely turned it around this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 41 of 69
Jump to: