The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1497, 1498, 1499 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

Off season so here we go...

LeBron better than Kobe now with this chip?
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Don’t see why Larry Bird is so high up on these lists.

IMHO, Kobe has already surpassed Bird, not just in rings, but also stats and accomplishments.

Same. Only thing Bird has over Kobe was ROY and 2 more MVPs, but Kobe has 2 more Rings and more accomplishments than Bird by a mile! From All-Star selections to All-NBA, All-Defensive, everything by a mile.

Kobe > Bird

Kobe also has more NBA records than Bird.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

IMHO, Kobe has already surpassed Bird, not just in rings, but also stats and accomplishments.

Same. Only thing Bird has over Kobe was ROY and 2 more MVPs, but Kobe has 2 more Rings and more accomplishments than Bird by a mile! From All-Star selections to All-NBA, All-Defensive, everything by a mile.

Kobe > Bird

Bird was an amazing player. He was a guy who could put up 29-11-7 on 52%-43%-88% shooting. I'd say either Bird or Lebron were the best passers in NBA history who weren't point guards.

You can argue he was the most impactful player in NBA history. He joined a 29-win Celtics team, and with no significant changes except him, it instantly became a 61-win team. I don't believe any other team in NBA history has had such a jump in success with no changes other than one guy.

The only knock against Bird is his career was relatively short because of injuries and because he started in the league at age 23. He only had 9 fully healthy seasons before he hurt his back. In those 9 seasons, he won 3 MVP awards, 3 rings, and got to the finals twice more.

I think he's one of those guys who will be ranked higher by people who saw him play. Not sure if that is due to bias or greater insight into what he actually did on the court.

I can see the case for ranking Kobe over Bird, and the case for ranking Bird over Kobe.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Wow. You’ve been here long enough to know better. They’ll be a huge debate. Kwase and Batguno will appear from of the shadows. Yin will create a special thread dedicated to Kobe vs Lebron just to keep the talks out of the Lebron thread. They’ll be massive fighting and name calling for two weeks. Then Omar will announce he is closing the thread for good.

There’s the answer to your question. 😝
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:

Wow. You’ve been here long enough to know better. They’ll be a huge debate. Kwase and Batguno will appear from of the shadows. Yin will create a special thread dedicated to Kobe vs Lebron just to keep the talks out of the Lebron thread. They’ll be massive fighting and name calling for two weeks. Then Omar will announce he is closing the thread for good.

Lol, I was bored. Ignore and delete that post!
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

In the all-time Lakers list, LeBron has a legit chance to get to number 6 imo. But, the greatest 5 Lakers in no order will always be West, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, & Kobe imo, as I expect Bron to be a Laker for about 4-5 season at best, similar to Wilt's placement as an all-time Laker. I'd put LeBron ahead of Wilt as an all-time Laker already since Bron already won a title in only his 2nd season as a Laker and since Bron was still the best player in the league while being a Laker, while Wilt only made an All-NBA team once as a Laker which was 2nd team All-NBA in 1972. It can get complicated though factoring in Baylor and Worthy who were Lakers for their whole career and accomplished a lot, especially Baylor since he made All-NBA First team 10 times as a Laker. I think Bron wins at least 2 rings as a Laker and real potential to win 3 rings as a Laker that will always place him high up as a Laker great.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:

Lol, I was bored. Ignore and delete that post!

Go watch YouTube videos of Dodger fans celebrating. They go harder and are more dangerous than Lakers fans. More people. More donuts with bigger faster vehicles. More illegal fireworks. More climbing. More alcohol and stupidity. Zero masks. I can’t get enough for it! 🤣🤣🤣
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

^Urias closing it out was especially sweet for the Dodger Nation. I dug it myself, from where he came from to closing out the Dodgers first title in 32 years in a bad ass short rest multiple inning dominant save?

Let's just say that this old Dodger fan will not forget it!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject:

Can't get enough of vids like this showing that those mainstream sports media hacks don't know (bleep) lofl:

ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Can't get enough of vids like this showing that those mainstream sports media hacks don't know (bleep) lofl:

That's hilarious. Lakers won't contend because Boogie got hurt!

Last edited by ducasse on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

I don't know that it's they don't know anything, as much as they are paid to manufacture outrageous statements to entertain people and attract attention.

The trick for jobs like this is to take strong positions that are unique, whether you believe those opinions or not.

I wonder how many of these people would hold the same opinion if they were just talking casually to a friend.

Never forget these people are performers, and they are performing for you.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I don't know that it's they don't know anything, as much as they are paid to manufacture outrageous statements to entertain people and attract attention.

The trick for jobs like this is to take strong positions that are unique, whether you believe those opinions or not.

I wonder how many of these people would hold the same opinion if they were just talking casually to a friend.

Front and center is Skip Bayless. I don't believe a word he says because he's just trolling for entertainment. Not all sports analysts are like that though most of them seemed to genuinely think the Clippers were better.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

I could watch this all day.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Front and center is Skip Bayless. I don't believe a word he says because he's just trolling for entertainment. Not all sports analysts are like that though most of them seemed to genuinely think the Clippers were better.

This was a wacky year. At the start of the season, the consensus was that the four best teams were the Lakers, the Clippers, the Bucks and the Centlics. Three of the four got picked off early.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Agreed, ducasse. Skip is obviously trolling and making a great living from it. Others, however, legitimately believed what they were saying. Jackie MacMullen comes to mind.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Possibly a shortened 50 game season if it's a restart on MLK day,
gotta say I love it for Lebron in year 18!!!

REPEAT TIME!!!
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:

I'm not in the shadows brother, people can believe whatever they want. I just express my views and opinions and nobody can change my mind so I'm not here to change anybody else's mind. Lsst week a friend of mine and I had a great, intelligent debate with an African American trump supporter. Obviously I don't agree with anything he said, but we didn't resort to childish behavior like calling each other names. He expressed his views, we expressed ours then I even gave him a ride home. No big deal to me what he believes in, it's his life.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1322350621480005634?s=21
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

All you need to do is go back 2-3 pages and look where everyone ranks these 2 players
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Kobe > Bird

Bird was an amazing player. He was a guy who could put up 29-11-7 on 52%-43%-88% shooting. I'd say either Bird or Lebron were the best passers in NBA history who weren't point guards.

You can argue he was the most impactful player in NBA history. He joined a 29-win Celtics team, and with no significant changes except him, it instantly became a 61-win team. I don't believe any other team in NBA history has had such a jump in success with no changes other than one guy.

The only knock against Bird is his career was relatively short because of injuries and because he started in the league at age 23. He only had 9 fully healthy seasons before he hurt his back. In those 9 seasons, he won 3 MVP awards, 3 rings, and got to the finals twice more.

I think he's one of those guys who will be ranked higher by people who saw him play. Not sure if that is due to bias or greater insight into what he actually did on the court.

I can see the case for ranking Kobe over Bird, and the case for ranking Bird over Kobe.

Dude!

Joining Bird as newcomers on the 1979-80 Celtics:

- Nate "Tiny" Archibald (Hall of Fame, 3 All Star seasons with Boston)
- "Pistol" Pete Maravich (Hall of Fame, scored 31 in division clinching game)
- M.L. Carr (All-D, Steals Champion)

Bird was a great, great player, but - like EVERY CELTIC EVER - he had plenty of help.

Red Auerbach was the GOAT GM.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

The Shop: Uninterrupted | President Obama Special (Full Episode) HBO
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump says he "felt badly for LeBron" that Finals ratings were down so much. He adds, "I didn't watch one shot. I get bored."

Quote:
The president's rally crowd in Pennsylvania is now chanting "LeBron James sucks." Trump responds, "What a crowd!"

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1323361527714467840?s=21

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

The f'en swag on this guy. Man I miss him.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Kobe > Bird

Dude!

Joining Bird as newcomers on the 1979-80 Celtics:

- Nate "Tiny" Archibald (Hall of Fame, 3 All Star seasons with Boston)
- "Pistol" Pete Maravich (Hall of Fame, scored 31 in division clinching game)
- M.L. Carr (All-D, Steals Champion)

Bird was a great, great player, but - like EVERY CELTIC EVER - he had plenty of help.

Red Auerbach was the GOAT GM.

Maravich played 26 games that season and was way past his prime. Carr came off the bench. Otherwise Bird joined the core of Archibald, Cowens and Maxwell, who were responsible for the stinker of a season prior.

It is probably also worth pointing out that the following season they added Parish and McHale and they were only worth 1 more win. In fact, adding DJ, Walton, and Ainge to that core was only worth an additional 6 wins from Bird's rookie season.

I hate all things Boston more than pretty much anyone but I have to concede Bird turned everything around there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1497, 1498, 1499 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1498 of 2079
Jump to: