CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I stand by I don't think he's a troll. I think VLF gets a kick out of pulling people's chains.

VLF likes to get a rise out of his fanboys. Personally, I'd like to see a lot fewer posts about whether VLF is a troll or a Clippers fan, whether he should be banned, or whether we should have an ignore feature. This seems to flare up about once a week.

Yeah, I’m sure most of us came to these “grounds” to talk Laker hoops...not troll hunting.

There are some solid b-ball takes here and if members just kept it at that, we’d have some solid and constructive back and forths here.

Bottomline: Ventura knows his hoops and the folks disagreeing with his takes know their hoops as well. Just stick to that discussion fam...what y’all say we hug it out?

Anyways back to hoops...the real rival is Boston and they got assets. I’m really hoping they don’t land Cp3, Jrue or whatever worthy 2way playmaker. We need to continue on the up and up, while they continue to stall. I just finally want to one up those dbags.

Fans are not giving the Celtics enough credit. They have a young talented squad. They're only missing a peice or 2. Injuries hurt them last year. I'd be on the lookout for Brooklyn. I don't think they'll go anywhere. They have the talent. IMO they don't have the right leadership. IMO D'Antoni and Nash aren't the right leaders.

They have one more year before they need to start paying people. Tatum for example will be paid 9 mil this season then the max afterward. Brown was getting paid 6.5 million last season, will be getting paid 23 million this season. Haywood is getting paid 34 million this season, so he's gone next year almost certainly. Take into account a decreasing salary cap with Covid and their ability to bring in anyone else is reduced. Though they do have great assets for a trade

OK they have one more year. We're talking about next season. I don't think Tatum's going anywhere. The Celts will match any offer.

The salary cap and COVID is going to be a challenge for every team. The Lakers face the same challenges.

He's no Jerry West but Ainge's a good GM. He'll keep the Celtics relative. Pelenka's new to the chair. I hope he can meet the coming challenge.

They might add Jrue this season but I doubt that puts them over the top *shrugs* then they're restricted in what they can do
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I stand by I don't think he's a troll. I think VLF gets a kick out of pulling people's chains.

VLF likes to get a rise out of his fanboys. Personally, I'd like to see a lot fewer posts about whether VLF is a troll or a Clippers fan, whether he should be banned, or whether we should have an ignore feature. This seems to flare up about once a week.

Yeah, I’m sure most of us came to these “grounds” to talk Laker hoops...not troll hunting.

There are some solid b-ball takes here and if members just kept it at that, we’d have some solid and constructive back and forths here.

Bottomline: Ventura knows his hoops and the folks disagreeing with his takes know their hoops as well. Just stick to that discussion fam...what y’all say we hug it out?

Anyways back to hoops...the real rival is Boston and they got assets. I’m really hoping they don’t land Cp3, Jrue or whatever worthy 2way playmaker. We need to continue on the up and up, while they continue to stall. I just finally want to one up those dbags.

Fans are not giving the Celtics enough credit. They have a young talented squad. They're only missing a peice or 2. Injuries hurt them last year. I'd be on the lookout for Brooklyn. I don't think they'll go anywhere. They have the talent. IMO they don't have the right leadership. IMO D'Antoni and Nash aren't the right leaders.

They have one more year before they need to start paying people. Tatum for example will be paid 9 mil this season then the max afterward. Brown was getting paid 6.5 million last season, will be getting paid 23 million this season. Haywood is getting paid 34 million this season, so he's gone next year almost certainly. Take into account a decreasing salary cap with Covid and their ability to bring in anyone else is reduced. Though they do have great assets for a trade

OK they have one more year. We're talking about next season. I don't think Tatum's going anywhere. The Celts will match any offer.

The salary cap and COVID is going to be a challenge for every team. The Lakers face the same challenges.

He's no Jerry West but Ainge's a good GM. He'll keep the Celtics relative. Pelenka's new to the chair. I hope he can meet the coming challenge.

They might add Jrue this season but I doubt that puts them over the top *shrugs* then they're restricted in what they can do

If they get Jrue that would be an improvement. Over the top, NO, relative, YES. The Lakers have challenges also. Bron is only human. AD is brittle, not injury prone. We need shooters. If AB lives up to what we got him for we'll be good.

I know it's a pipe dream, I'd like to see Seth Curry here. He's shooting .443 from behind the line. Steph shoots .435.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If they get Jrue that would be an improvement. Over the top, NO, relative, YES. The Lakers have challenges also. Bron is only human. AD is brittle, not injury prone. We need shooters. If AB lives up to what we got him for we'll be good.

I know it's a pipe dream, I'd like to see Steph Curry here. He's shooting .443 from behind the line. Steph shoots .435.

I want to see Steph AND Klay here.

Imagine Steph, Klay, LBJ, AD, and THT at center.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I know it's a pipe dream, I'd like to see Steph Curry here. He's shooting .443 from behind the line. Steph shoots .435.

The league would go nuts. No David Stern to veto a trade. I'd be in 7th heaven.

I just noticed you have THT at center. Why? He's a SG.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What exactly do the Clips have that OKC would want for CP3?

Zubac? Nah. They are paying Adams 25m/year.

Lou/Bev? Not exactly the guys that fit OKC's rebuild culture.

I doubt Harrell agrees to be S&T to OKC.

And oh, OKC has most of the Clips future 1st in the next 6-7 years. I don't see how they have anywhere near the assets to get CP3.

Look...any team is capable of doing anything...except the Lakers.

Anything is possible for any team, except the Lakers.

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ainge said they like their guys which means he’s gonna get something done. They have 3 first round pick this year. Maybe he’s waiting for Harden.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

Quote:

Ainge said they like their guys which means he’s gonna get something done. They have 3 first round pick this year. Maybe he’s waiting for Harden.

I don't know if Harden would be a good fit for the Celtics. They run a motion offense, a lot of pick and rolls. Harden needs the ball in his hands. He'd stymie their offense.

ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject:

LG facts, different opinion means troll???
Don't like it, just skip the line.
is this bully ground net?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Quote:

I don't know if Harden would be a good fit for the Celtics. They run a motion offense, a lot of pick and rolls. Harden needs the ball in his hands. He'd stymie their offense.

Those guys are better as finishers. Harden as initiator can do more than Kemba who can’t get past a perimeter wall when he can’t get those ticky tack fouls that refs normally call during the regular season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Quote:

Those guys are better as finishers. Harden as initiator can do more than Kemba who can’t get past a perimeter wall when he can’t get those ticky tack fouls that refs normally call during the regular season.

You have a point. I didn't factor in how good a passer Harden is. He may be a fit if he doesn't upset the chemistry.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I know it's a pipe dream, I'd like to see (Steph mistake) Seth Curry here. He's shooting .443 from behind the line. Steph shoots .435.

Made a mistake, meant Seth not Steph.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I hope OKC buys him out eventhough thats not going to happen most likely.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

CP3 to Knicks lol

We picked off Schroeder instead from Thunder so it is what is...no Banana Boat 🍌 ⛵ crew at least this year.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

So glad we didn't trade all of our depth for this prickly little chihuahua.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
So glad we didn't trade all of our depth for this prickly 35 year old, injury prone, 40 million x 2 years, little chihuahua.

Fix it for you. Glad this tiresome thread coming to an imploding end.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
So glad we didn't trade all of our depth for this prickly 35 year old, injury prone, 40 million x 2 years, little chihuahua.

Fix it for you. Glad this tiresome thread coming to an imploding end.

Lmao. You guys need to stop being narrow minded about age.

cp3 is still better than much of the younger pg. I agree with the salary concerns, but age shouldn’t be a factor in the short term.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Time to bury this thread. Thank goodness.
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

69 pages of nothing.😂🤣

I've been waiting on this thread to get locked up as soon as I saw it.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Bought out then comes to Lakers
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

is it just me or does it sound like the suns got FLEECED in the trade for chris paul?

kelly oubre, rubio, some other dudes and a first?

especially kelly. he and booker can't work together?

it's not like the suns are championship contenders... i would have just continued to develop their youth.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

As long as it ain't the Clippers lol.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject:

No he does not want LA..../thread
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Remember when Pau Gasol "sonned" Chris Paul and Chris wasn't having it? Looks like Pau got the last laugh.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

This was an entertaining thread..

- CP3 old
- Suns got fleeced

Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

Just want to say "Please do not sign Chris Paul this summer."

He's old.
He chokes.
He's injury prone.
He's a defensive liability.
He's a ball dominant point guard.
He's full of himself.
And he's a prick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69
Page 69 of 69
Jump to: