OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

Ruh-roh!

Do we have a Pelinka/Paul problem?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1319304481398493189

Quote:
The worst thing that LeBron is doing is forcing this power with Rich Paul and what that is, in terms of, he’s a player, but he has prowess in the media space. His company Spring Hill, that’s awesome. Doing the movies and all of the projects. That’s so commendable. I love that. But now that they’ve jumped into the agent game, which the reality is, it’s illegal for a player, particularly if you’re in the state of California, to be licensed to represent talent.

I know I know...with our recent success, haters gonna hate and you can’t expect anything less.

But with the recent results of the ETOY (#MoreThanaVote) to now anonymous agencies talking (bleep) on Bron/Klutch (#MoreThanaGOAT), we aren’t really creating good natured rapport with the rest of the league.

Don’t get it twisted, I love that we got in bed with Klutch cause that’s how we got Bron/AD in the sack, but eventually that tandem is going to need more help and once Bron retires, AD is going to need his next running mate. I wouldn’t mind if Klutch signs every star from here on out and we keep exploiting it, but other then Simmons, there’s no one out there presently that’s coming through that door.

Free agency hits and will agents deter their clients from coming here? When trade season hits, will other team execs not pick up if Rob’s calling on the other line?

Recall that a lot of things had to break favorably for us just to get AD here. Demps was replaced by Griff who has had great rapport with Rich & Klutch klients...Pels lucked into Zion while we lucked into the #4 overall pick. And with Bron/AD already in the saddle, we really couldn’t find them a 3rd amigo in free agency to have TacoTuesdays with.

So this (bleep) will only get harder and we can’t rely on just chance to keep our title hopes alive.

Rich/Klutch has proven that they are a great agency and Rob has proven he can create cap space and keep our books clean (especially with this Deng exclusion, which is pretty brilliant).

Still I didn’t like the construction of our roster with that cap space and with nearly half our roster constructed with Klutch klients, just how long can we go in depending on that contingency?

Eventually we’re going to have to break bread with other agencies and team execs. Jeanie is in great standing with the other owners and I think it will do us some good if she uses her charm to bring in more far-reaching execs into the FO.

With targets already on our backs, the playing field only gets tougher next season and this time around there won’t be a 5 month hiatus for Bron to recharge to help our chances in going back to back.

Adding a guy like Masai would have Rob praising that we were sent a messiah, but I really hope we can add someone if that cloth next to Rob/Rambii in the FO so that we can have more folks on speed dial than just Rich.

Rob’s going to need #MoreThanaVote and eventually we’re going to need #MoreThanaGOAT to keep our ‘chip afloat!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Ruh-roh!

Do we have a Pelinka/Paul problem?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1319304481398493189

Quote:
The worst thing that LeBron is doing is forcing this power with Rich Paul and what that is, in terms of, he’s a player, but he has prowess in the media space. His company Spring Hill, that’s awesome. Doing the movies and all of the projects. That’s so commendable. I love that. But now that they’ve jumped into the agent game, which the reality is, it’s illegal for a player, particularly if you’re in the state of California, to be licensed to represent talent.

I know I know...with our recent success, haters gonna hate and you can’t expect anything less.

But with the recent results of the ETOY (#MoreThanaVote) to now anonymous agencies talking (bleep) on Bron/Klutch (#MoreThanaGOAT), we aren’t really creating good natured rapport with the rest of the league.

Don’t get it twisted, I love that we got in bed with Klutch cause that’s how we got Bron/AD in the sack, but eventually that tandem is going to need more help and once Bron retires, AD is going to need his next running mate. I wouldn’t mind if Klutch signs every star from here on out and we keep exploiting it, but other then Simmons, there’s no one out there presently that’s coming through that door.

Free agency hits and will agents deter their clients from coming here? When trade season hits, will other team execs not pick up if Rob’s calling on the other line?

Recall that a lot of things had to break favorably for us just to get AD here. Demps was replaced by Griff who has had great rapport with Rich & Klutch klients...Pels lucked into Zion while we lucked into the #4 overall pick. And with Bron/AD already in the saddle, we really couldn’t find them a 3rd amigo in free agency to have TacoTuesdays with.

So this (bleep) will only get harder and we can’t rely on just chance to keep our title hopes alive.

Rich/Klutch has proven that they are a great agency and Rob has proven he can create cap space and keep our books clean (especially with this Deng exclusion, which is pretty brilliant).

Still I didn’t like the construction of our roster with that cap space and with nearly half our roster constructed with Klutch klients, just how long can we go in depending on that contingency?

Eventually we’re going to have to break bread with other agencies and team execs. Jeanie is in great standing with the other owners and I think it will do us some good if she uses her charm to bring in more far-reaching execs into the FO.

With targets already on our backs, the playing field only gets tougher next season and this time around there won’t be a 5 month hiatus for Bron to recharge to help our chances in going back to back.

Adding a guy like Masai would have Rob praising that we were sent a messiah, but I really hope we can add someone if that cloth next to Rob/Rambii in the FO so that we can have more folks on speed dial than just Rich.

Rob’s going to need #MoreThanaVote and eventually we’re going to need #MoreThanaGOAT to keep our ‘chip afloat!

Last year we were a basket case that was expected to scrape into the playoffs, next season we're favoured to win the whole thing. Which means people who want a ring will suddenly start looking at us.

ESPECIALLY next season because the cap might be lowered or stationary and very few teams have any cash. Which means players might accept a short term deal at a contender while waiting for a payday.

Gallinari, Grant, Crowder, Kief's brother etc.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

Also that single agent's rant has about as much credibility as the "Clips are going to trade Kawhi" source from the Athletic.

Reactions from reddit:

Tristan - got paid Bledsoe - got paid Jr - got paid Draymond - 100M JOHN WALL - robbed the league. This is so one sided. If rich paul is doing it wrong, show me who’s doing it right

Yep. Then he brings up Nerlens Noel, but he blew that deal with his previous agent and then switched to Rich Paul after he lost out on that contract in Dallas. And KCP passed on $80 million for 5 years in Detroit, but he's made $40 million in 3 years in LA and now has a ring and is about to get paid, so I don't know if KCP is really that unhappy about how things have played out.

“he lost nerlens 80m” .... no, nerlens own dumb ass and other agent cost him $80 million

It was an NBA Agent saying this part of an Athletic survey. Listened to the author discuss this on No Dunks today. They all agreed it sounded like a salty agent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/jg17y8/nba_agentif_rich_paul_were_a_lawyer_hed_be/
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject:

All good points drae and no doubt there are some haters out there embellishing the details.

But it still goes without saying, they should hate us for our winning ways and in order to win you need to have options. You’re only as good as your options and if Rob can’t get other execs to respect him and other agencies won’t block their client from teaming up with other klients, then our options are limited.

It’s just good business to look to the outside and bring a few of those folks on board. When Rob 1st came on board, Magic and him visited Silver at NBA HQ in NY to get familiar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2017/3/20/14992096/la-lakers-news-magic-johnson-rob-pelinka-nba-offices-new-cba-free-agency-contracts

I really think it makes good business sense to bring in guys that are not only well rehearsed with the CBA, but also have connections throughout the league. I couldn’t care less if our guys won popularity contests...but in this business you do need connections to make free agency and trading with other teams far less contentious.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
All good points drae and no doubt there are some haters out there embellishing(spreading) the details (utter BS).

translated for clarity
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

Rob on the Woj Podcast

https://spoti.fi/3dT70KQ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Rob on the Woj Podcast

NICE informative interview
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Rob on the Woj Podcast

Thank you for this
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Breath of fresh air to have a gm with a sense of direction. Specially after hearing Jeanie Buss insight to how the office was run during those down years.

https://youtu.be/QEtYbh1Sz-A?t=1665

Awesome interview
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Rob on the Woj Podcast

Man soooo sad, hearing Rob talk about seeing Kobe and Gigi at their last game at Staples. Hanging out in the Kings locker room chatting

"Uncle P .... you guys are going to win the championship. Your size is going to make it hard for the other teams to score."

So sad, someone that young and she can break it down. 35 minute mark.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Night and Day the way our FO is being run now a days. There are so many smoke and mirrors being drop hard to tell what direction we are actually plan on doing this off season. Which is refreshing as a fan of this team.

Jeanie Buss insight to how the office was run during those down years and why she fired his brother is a great insight of the past failures. (link below)

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Night and Day the way our FO is being run now a days. There are so many smoke and mirrors being drop hard to tell what direction we are actually plan on doing this off season. Which is refreshing as a fan of this team.

Jeanie Buss insight to how the office was run during those down years and why she fired his brother is a great insight of the past failures. (link below)

Really enjoyed that DLaker.

Thank you for posting.

I strongly urge any Jeanie Buss critics (and I was hard on her myself during the tank era) listen to this interview.

She is a class act like her father.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Wow...thank you so much for this. Jeanie is just a good person. Simple as that.

#BannersOverBillboards
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/cuatrohunnid/status/1328025562644840448

SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Only one vote for executive of the year. 1 vote.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

AND just got a "C" from espn for his most recent transaction (Schroder). A "C"? wow, that's some cold air blowing his way from the media. Doesn't matter because he's proving he's a sharp guy. I appreciate the way he operates quietly and strikes decisively.

Sounds like a black mamba to me!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

You guys realize, Rob could very well be our GM for the next 20 yrs
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject:

This dude built a championship roster from scraps after getting hoodwinked by Kawhi.

He now has an entire offseason to make roster changes.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
This dude built a championship roster from scraps after getting hoodwinked by Kawhi.

He now has an entire offseason to make roster changes.

And started off with a bang by getting Schroder for pennies to the dollar.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

AND just got a "C" from espn for his most recent transaction (Schroder). A "C"? wow, that's some cold air blowing his way from the media. Doesn't matter because he's proving he's a sharp guy. I appreciate the way he operates quietly and strikes decisively.

Sounds like a black mamba to me!

I don't see how anyone could grade that deal less than a B and it has a potential for an A if Schroeder plays well. Now watch Schroeder come here and forget how to shoot like so many other players that arrive here.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Make it happen captn!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Really enjoyed that DLaker.

Thank you for posting.

I strongly urge any Jeanie Buss critics (and I was hard on her myself during the tank era) listen to this interview.

She is a class act like her father.

That was hands down the best she's been in front of the mic. You could feel the sense of vindication. Glad she didn't hold back.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Pure speculation: I think our sharp VP of Operations just avoided a trap set by a snake. Ibaka, with Leonard's complicit cooperation, could have strung the Lakers along by feigning sincere interest in joining the team.

Isn't that what Leonard did while working to get PG? All Leonard had to do was threaten the clippers with "I'm going to the Lakers" to get what he wanted. You know he wanted Ibaka.

He's tight w/Ibaka. If Pelinka had not acted , they could have easily strung us along like Leonard did last year, and, as a result, created the time for Trez to sign for bigger money in Charlotte, and Ibaka announce he's going to the clippers.

Lakers out of the running for both the end result.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Check mate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 122 of 243
Jump to: