Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
I think Rondo has told the Lakers his intentions for weeks. I think he goes to Atlanta to mentor Trae Young and get a raise.
Thank you playoff Rondo.

Or maybe he told them his intentions were to play somewhere where he didn’t have to play heavy minutes all season and the Lakers were like, okay give us a couple weeks and we’ll fix that, and here we are?

The media has been sending Rondo off to anywhere other than the Lakers ever since the Finals ended. I’m really hoping we can play another “The Media Being Dead Wrong” montage about this whole deal again next week. Crossing my fingers hard here. I just think he’s even more perfect here now that we have Schroeder as we really won’t have to rely on him as much.

I really hope Rondo and Howard can stay. I mean, it seemed to me that money wasn't an issue with Howard, so why wouldn't he come back?? Do you know anything about that, Eric? He seemed so happy..hate to see him go.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I really hope Rondo and Howard can stay. I mean, it seemed to me that money wasn't an issue with Howard, so why wouldn't he come back?? Do you know anything about that, Eric? He seemed so happy..hate to see him go.

Money wasn't an issue with Howard last year because he had just been bought out by Memphis for $3 million. I think his total salary last year, including the buyout from Memphis, was something like $5.5 million. If he signs with LA for the minimum, his salary would be closer to $2.5 million next year.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

Rondo is real close with AD. I think AD can still recruit him. If we bring back Rondo, we can start Schroder like he prefers, and bring Rondo off the bench. It would give us 2 shot creators outside all game long, and AD would have constant players creating options for him.

Totally on board to keep Rondo, and I think Frank wants him just for IQ/leadership alone.

We have early bird rights. so we could technically pay him more than last year without using the MLE.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Everyone wants a raise after winning a championship. I hope we get a ruling on Luol Deng contact soon so we could have more money to give to these players. I guess winning another championship is now very low on everyone's priority list now that they all have gotten one.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We have early bird rights. so we could technically pay him more than last year without using the MLE.

My understanding is Lakers would have to sign him to multiyear deal w early birds right or use the MLE to bring him back. Lakers likely wouldn’t want to do either.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I hope the Hawks break the f'ing bank for him. Keep him away from the floppers.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

What an incredible run from a brilliant guard. I hope he runs it back and helps grow future guards fir the Lakers. He will always be a Laker great with that last playoff run. He was crucial throughout the whole season he’s the man!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Rondo is real close with AD. I think AD can still recruit him. If we bring back Rondo, we can start Schroder like he prefers, and bring Rondo off the bench. It would give us 2 shot creators outside all game long, and AD would have constant players creating options for him.

Totally on board to keep Rondo, and I think Frank wants him just for IQ/leadership alone.

True. They're real, real close and their skill sets complement each other to a tee. I have watched "Playoff Rondo" for so many years. He's an "(bleep)" -Kobe's description of himself & Rondo- in a good way. And he's a winner.

I'm reallllllyyyy hoping we keep him. It's the perfect scenario with DS on board now,
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I hope rondo gets a big deal from atl where he can mentor trae and transition into a coach
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

True. They're real, real close and their skill sets complement each other to a tee. I have watched "Playoff Rondo" for so many years. He's an "(bleep)" -Kobe's description of himself & Rondo- in a good way. And he's a winner.

I'm reallllllyyyy hoping we keep him. It's the perfect scenario with DS on board now,

I agree, Rondo's chemistry with AD is fantastic and he brings a hard headed tough guy mentality that I just love. I would rather have Schroeder/Rondo than Schroeder/Bradley.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely for keeping Rondo. His presence is sometimes more valuable than his playing minutes. I am not sure someone will give him more than 5 mil. We can match that in any case. As someone said start Schroeder and bring Rondo from the bench.
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Keep Rondo
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

ssiknick833 wrote:
Keep Rondo

ROndo is only effective in the bubble with no fan noise.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Agree with Rondo over Bradley.

I mean the playoffs scientifically proved we didn't need Bradley as much as we had thought.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

Rondo at 5M, makes a lot of sense. You have 3 QBs attacking the opponent different way. LBJ, Schroder, and Rondo and because of Schro ability to hit the 3 on catch and shoot + experience playing with CP3 he can play in lineups with Rondo, Bron, AD and a 2way wing.

We need to put effort in keeping Rondo, even if we think a team is going to full MLE him. There’s still a shot that he returns based on his relationship with AD, his success as a Laker player and to be in a great position with less minutes. Dallas, Sacto, and his year with Luke in LA should have taught Rondo how important AD and Frank Vogel are to his success. He doesn’t naturally fit everywhere he goes and we are one of the few teams that value the way Rondo plays basketball.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

Honestly if you want to make a run back to another Chip you need Rajon Rondo idc what anyone tells me but he's needed to run the second team he has proven time and time again when it comes time to show up he balls out.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Absolutely for keeping Rondo. His presence is sometimes more valuable than his playing minutes. I am not sure someone will give him more than 5 mil. We can match that in any case. As someone said start Schroeder and bring Rondo from the bench.

Coach Vogel calls Rondo: "the leader of our swag" or something like that. He's a tone setter and smart as any coach.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers want Rondo back, he will be back. I can’t see any team offering him more than $10m.

My assumption is the Lakers don’t want to pay Rondo anywhere close to that amount because they want to use the full MLE and BAE.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

If we somehow are able to keep Rondo it would be huge not just for a repeat but for Schroeder’s development.

Dennis always said his favorite player growing up and who he molded his game off of was Rajon.

Definitely would love to see Rondo finish his career in the Purple and Gold.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
If the Lakers want Rondo back, he will be back. I can’t see any team offering him more than $10m.

My assumption is the Lakers don’t want to pay Rondo anywhere close to that amount because they want to use the full MLE and BAE.

Kinda seems like Rondo WANTS to go...

No chance he's getting $10M here and even Clippers probably wouldn't jump that high but then again, he provides exactly what they need which is a playmaker/IQ guy.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Kinda seems like Rondo WANTS to go...

No chance he's getting $10M here and even Clippers probably wouldn't jump that high but then again, he provides exactly what they need which is a playmaker/IQ guy.

If someone pay him 10 mil then good for him. NBA is business first and as a professional and his last opportunity to cash it in, I expect him to take the money and run to the bank and wish him well.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
[Frank Isola] Rajon Rondo is expected to receive a significant offer from the Atlanta Hawks ($15 million for two years guaranteed) but according to a source, Rondo remains focused on potentially joining the Clippers. He could possibly get the mid-level from LAC.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

According to LAC reddit, they can only offer $5.7 million for Rondo. Don’t know if that figure is true but Lakers can match that if that’s all.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Even if the Lakers offered slightly more than the Clippers, Rondo will choose the larger role. KCP/Caruso/Schroder plus one vet min/BAE signing in the backcourt will probably eat all the minutes, even if Cook is waived.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 157 of 168
Jump to: