Christmas Day game: Lakers vs Warriors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1883

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

fubby1 wrote:
Seems to me Warriors take risks with players, Cousins, Durant & now Klay. ..Pretty sad


What are you even saying? Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 714

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I wonder if a team has ever gone from the best team in the league to the worst team in the league to one of the best teams again in the span of three seasons.

no
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 18299

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Klay Thompson injures right leg in practice.

This should be a rout.


The Warriors are always an easy win. For some reason they all airball wide open shots down here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 1037

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject:

Sad for him but now the West has become easier. Rockets are rebuilding, Spurs will be even worse, Pelicans are not still there, Kings are the Kings, Warriors won't possibly be a threat with just Curry, OKC will be tanking, Dallas still only have Luka as Porzingis is still struggling. The only threats will likely be the Clippers and the Nuggets. The Suns will likely be the new OKC and the Timberwolves will improve but not enough. The Jazz will remain the same, I guess?


The Warriors can ask for a injury exception of half of Thompson's contract right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Apr 2001
Posts: 6976

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Sad for him but now the West has become easier. Rockets are rebuilding, Spurs will be even worse, Pelicans are not still there, Kings are the Kings, Warriors won't possibly be a threat with just Curry, OKC will be tanking, Dallas still only have Luka as Porzingis is still struggling. The only threats will likely be the Clippers and the Nuggets. The Suns will likely be the new OKC and the Timberwolves will improve but not enough. The Jazz will remain the same, I guess?


The Warriors can ask for a injury exception of half of Thompson's contract right?


Don't underestimate the Dubs. Their young players played good in stretches last season, and now with a healthy Steph, an (some are saying) improved Wiggins, and Wiseman, they can make noise in the playoffs (if they make it).
_________________
“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 6029

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject:

You guys are giving Steve Kerr too much credit if you think the Warriors are going to be relevant this season. Last season was more indicative of the real Warriors team.

Warriors are just like the Bulls of the 90s who had a brief championship run with a franchise player. Ever since MJ retired, the Bulls had never been back to the NBA Finals again. I feel Warriors are the same. They're like a one-hit wonder. They've had their championship run and they might never get back there again. Once Curry retires, they'll resort back to the 2000's Warriors.
_________________
In Loving Memory of the Black Mamba!
1978-2020
Posterizer!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 16438

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject:

Wiggins time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 1703

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

Even when the warriors were the most dominant regular season of all time, they were a vulnerable playoff team. Despite being solid favorites to win the first two chips, I see them losing both if the Cavs were healthy.

Steph leads a vulnerable playoff team and I'm not worried about him in the absence of KD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

It says Klay possibly has a torn Achilles (not confirmed)

That would be very sad. I love seeing this guy play eventhrough he is on the Lakers competition.

https://twitter.com/Vasu/status/1329218692547305474

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/warriors-klay-thompson-suffers-leg-injury-initial-reports-not-good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 24762
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
It says Klay possibly has a torn Achilles (not confirmed)

That would be very sad. I love seeing this guy play eventhrough he is on the Lakers competition.

https://twitter.com/Vasu/status/1329218692547305474

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/warriors-klay-thompson-suffers-leg-injury-initial-reports-not-good


It’s confirmed now. I made a thread and folks posted on the Gen Bball Forum

I have a very sad now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2977

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject:

This season isn't gonna start on schedule. Covid is spreading like wildfire. They're gonna have to wait until after the vaccines are out. I bet it will start on MLk day instead
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 16438

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
This season isn't gonna start on schedule. Covid is spreading like wildfire. They're gonna have to wait until after the vaccines are out. I bet it will start on MLk day instead


Maybe but I think playing the games with no/reduced fans and all players/coaches/refs/staffs tested daily (strict protocol) is more realistic than paycut with later start. I’m guessing the players etc might elect to stay in hotels away from family if there’s positive cases. Can’t see it cancelled unless massive outbreaks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 14929
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

With Klay being shut down for the season now, I don't see the Warriors being all that this year. Klay is a big piece to that team. They may muddle in the middle of the pack. I expect the Warriors to be building chemistry this season, but not a serious contender. I could be wrong of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 14929
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
It says Klay possibly has a torn Achilles (not confirmed)

That would be very sad. I love seeing this guy play eventhrough he is on the Lakers competition.

https://twitter.com/Vasu/status/1329218692547305474

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/warriors-klay-thompson-suffers-leg-injury-initial-reports-not-good


It’s confirmed now. I made a thread and folks posted on the Gen Bball Forum

I have a very sad now


That is sad news. An Achilles tear is a very tough recovery. I don't think Kobe ever came back to his old self (ability to jump as high, explosiveness, etc) after his tear...but he was older than Klay is now. Like I stated above, I expect the Warriors to be building chemistry with Wiggins and the new draft pick (I forget his name) Draymond and Steph. They might make the playoffs, but they won't go far...not this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB