Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Harrell has a 7'4 wingspan. Handles and quickness are good on offense. Can he switch on a small in a pnr?
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Let him shoot open 3s. He has good but slow mechanics. Given the short turn around, we should be using the RS as a learning tool for him to expand his game. IMO if he can be good enough like Randle, it will be a massive boon for the POs.

He is better than Randle easily. Don't disrespect Trez like that he is a 6th man for a reason.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Let him shoot open 3s. He has good but slow mechanics. Given the short turn around, we should be using the RS as a learning tool for him to expand his game. IMO if he can be good enough like Randle, it will be a massive boon for the POs.

It would be but I wouldn't hope for much there. Not only is he a career 10% three point shooter, but he was 0-18 last season from deep.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 am    Post subject:

Montrezl is like 10 times the player that is Randle.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I AM HEATED

The power of clutch sports.

Earned, not given.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:26 am    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
twisted wrote:

He is better than Randle easily. Don't disrespect Trez like that he is a 6th man for a reason.

I meant 3 pt shooting. Good enough like Randle in 3 pt shooting
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
twisted wrote:

It would be but I wouldn't hope for much there. Not only is he a career 10% three point shooter, but he was 0-18 last season from deep.

Yes, but i am still holding out hope. Discounting his 2 heaves, he was 1-3 during the playoffs this year
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject:

Schroeder/LeBron gonna be lob city with AD/Montrezl and the fast breaks... can’t wait
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:42 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Harrell is a good player but he doesn't fit with Lebron and AD.

Why doesn’t he fit?

1. He can't shoot 3s. Lebron and AD's game will excel with a stretch 5
2. He is more like a small ball center but AD doesn't like to defend big size center all game.

Neither does Dwight or Mcgee and they fit just fine.

Dwight fits one of the needs. Harrel doesn’t poses either of the qualities

So you’re telling me rebounding and scoring off the bench isn’t a need? Wow Dwight was the energy off the bench but couldn’t create is own points. Harrel is waaaaaay better than Dwight at scoring and the energy he brings. His defense is pretty good as well he’s not the shot blocker Dwight is though.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject:

Montrezl was outside the bubble the player I feared the most in the Clippers besides Kawhi and PG. He was far better than Zubac , he defended well and in attack we has able to score and force FTs easy. In the bubble he played bad but so did PG and sometimes Kawhi. And Harrell was the only one who did not have 2 months of preparation for the playoffs due to his grandmother's death.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject:

Would have preferred if the Clips kept Trez and we got Ibaka. He's a decent consolation prize, though.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Would have preferred if the Clips kept Trez and we got Ibaka. He's a decent consolation prize, though.

In that case the Clipper would have gotten also another player for the tax payer MLE.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

In that case the Clipper would have gotten also another player for the tax payer MLE.

.. or they would've signed and traded Trez for a good/very-good player. Even if we accept for a moment that Trez is "lesser" than Ibaka (I don't) - signing Trez absolutely diminished the Clips.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Why doesn’t he fit?

2. He is more like a small ball center but AD doesn't like to defend big size center all game.

So you’re telling me rebounding and scoring off the bench isn’t a need? Wow Dwight was the energy off the bench but couldn’t create is own points. Harrel is waaaaaay better than Dwight at scoring and the energy he brings. His defense is pretty good as well he’s not the shot blocker Dwight is though.

No, I was just saying he doesn't fit with Lebron and AD but it doesn't mean he doesn't bring anything positive to the team. Most of his value will be demonstrated when Lebron and AD are on the bench.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

.. or they would've signed and traded Trez for a good/very-good player. Even if we accept for a moment that Trez is "lesser" than Ibaka (I don't) - signing Trez absolutely diminished the Clips.

Rozier for instance.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harremo01.html

2016: 3
2017: 6
2018: 11
2019: 16
2020: 19

For those trend followers history is telling us Harrell is not done.

On average every year he increases his PPG by 4 Points.

Am I saying 22 PPG for sure? No but it is a good indicator that his 19ppg will translate and he is ascending.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Good point here not to be overlooked. It would be like them theoretically stealing KCP from us after losing AB.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

Trez is better than Randle, especially on motor, and defense, and has more consistency in how he attacks. Not to mention, the price tag.

But the question should be Trez around AD/Bron/Schroder vs Ibaka around that trio.

For me, I take Ibaka any day of the week.

Ibaka's niche role is proven, he is a good outside spot shooter, a defensive weapon inside and can play multiple roles on O/D. Trez is great at one particular thing on offense and does it relentlessly.

He does not have a spot up shot, he does not have a 3 pointer. Teams will sag off him in the playoffs and double on AD/Bron/Schroder. That is what we do not want from a role player. So, I would have leaned for Ibaka.

Still, in terms of bench depth, regular season impact, giving Bron/AD rest, Trez is a great get. It does irk me that Ibaka was signed by the Clips. Ibaka/AD/KCP/Schroder/Bron. No one can defend that unit, and there isn't any questions about defensive holes there or offensive holes.

With Trez/AD/KCP/Schroder/Bron, there's questions who would defend elite post players, who would space the floor. Basically, we likely do not play Trez in those kind of match ups. Ibaka, we likely could have used as a core player who combined the roles of Morris/Dwight.

I'll get over it, but I'm a little salty the Clips picked up a guy that not only will start for them, but would have been a great fit around AD/Bron/Schroder. If we view AD/Bron/Schroder as our modern AD/Bron/Rondo, then we needed a modern replacement for Dwight/Morris. This was Ibaka, not Trez. Trez can't shoot from outside, and does not compliment that trio. That's why, when the playoffs roll around, Frank will need to restrict Trez minutes around AD/Bron/Schroder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Why doesn’t he fit?

No, I was just saying he doesn't fit with Lebron and AD but it doesn't mean he doesn't bring anything positive to the team. Most of his value will be demonstrated when Lebron and AD are on the bench.

Maybe Vogel vision is to load manage Lebron especially on back to backs. Schedule will be cram so I expect that will be more than usual . Also AD need to sit out games here and there : I expect that Schroder to Trez PNR will be utilized. Also one of the most understated is Trez ability to read the defense and make plays accordingly. He has developed that part of his game.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Why doesn’t he fit?

Maybe Vogel vision is to load manage Lebron especially on back to backs. Schedule will be cram so I expect that will be more than usual . Also AD need to sit out games here and there : I expect that Schroder to Trez PNR will be utilized. Also one of the most understated is Trez ability to read the defense and make plays accordingly. He has developed that part of his game.

That's how I see it too. This and the Schroder trade will take away some of LBJ and AD's load offensively.

The thing I feel disappointed about is the MLE is not spent on a guy who can make our closing lineup better.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Trez is better than Randle, especially on motor, and defense, and has more consistency in how he attacks. Not to mention, the price tag.

But the question should be Trez around AD/Bron/Schroder vs Ibaka around that trio.

For me, I take Ibaka any day of the week.

Ibaka's niche role is proven, he is a good outside spot shooter, a defensive weapon inside and can play multiple roles on O/D. Trez is great at one particular thing on offense and does it relentlessly.

He does not have a spot up shot, he does not have a 3 pointer. Teams will sag off him in the playoffs and double on AD/Bron/Schroder. That is what we do not want from a role player. So, I would have leaned for Ibaka.

Still, in terms of bench depth, regular season impact, giving Bron/AD rest, Trez is a great get. It does irk me that Ibaka was signed by the Clips. Ibaka/AD/KCP/Schroder/Bron. No one can defend that unit, and there isn't any questions about defensive holes there or offensive holes.

With Trez/AD/KCP/Schroder/Bron, there's questions who would defend elite post players, who would space the floor. Basically, we likely do not play Trez in those kind of match ups. Ibaka, we likely could have used as a core player who combined the roles of Morris/Dwight.

I'll get over it, but I'm a little salty the Clips picked up a guy that not only will start for them, but would have been a great fit around AD/Bron/Schroder. If we view AD/Bron/Schroder as our modern AD/Bron/Rondo, then we needed a modern replacement for Dwight/Morris. This was Ibaka, not Trez. Trez can't shoot from outside, and does not compliment that trio. That's why, when the playoffs roll around, Frank will need to restrict Trez minutes around AD/Bron/Schroder.

Yup, agreed wolf.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

Harrell will play very well on this team next to Lebron. His value on this contract is attractive and after the season starts it will only increase. The team can always trade him next season if they feel that an area of the roster is weak and needs help.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Harrell has a 7'4 wingspan. Handles and quickness are good on offense. Can he switch on a small in a pnr?

I heard he can guard 1 to 5 like AD. I am thinking this will pay dividends against teams that play small ball like the Heat and pick and roll coverage.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Let's take a look at some of the numbers:

Montrezl Harrell

Height: 6'7" (without shoes)
Wingspan: 7'4.25"
Standing Reach: 9'1"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2466297-nba-combine-2015-results-day-2-measurements-highlights-and-top-prospects

Weight: 240-250

For comparison, Anthony Davis was height 6'9.25" w/o shoes, wingspan 7'5.5" and standing reach 9'0" at the draft combine. Nikola Jokic estimated is height 6'11.25" w/o/ shoes, wingspan 7'3", standing reach 9'3"

So while Harrell is undersized for height, his overall measurements are very comparable.

Harrell provides the following hustle stats:

#32 Screen Assists (3.2/game)
#4 Charges Drawn (0.48/game)
#15 Contested Shots (12.3/game) AD is #14 at 12.4

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/hustle

#4 Box Outs (5.8/game)
#2 Team Rebounds of Box Outs (3.3/game)

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/box-outs

#15 Offensive Rebounding % (9.9) amongst qualified players

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2020_advanced.html#advanced_stats::orb_pct

#55 Defensive FG% 42.6 (amongst players with 30+ games played)

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense-dash-overall/?CF=GP*GE*30&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&;sort=D_FG_PCT&dir=-1
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Ibaka is in a steep decline. Raptors were better with him off the floor. I am not the biggest Trez fan but he is way younger, more athletic, and will have a chip on his shoulder. He is a much better perimeter defender as well. Ibaka's main advantage is shooting but we have AD for that. Plus, Ibaka likely had no intention of signing here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 9 of 66
Jump to: