THANK YOU! Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Signs with Atlanta)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 37761
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Get that bag, Rondo. He definitely earned it with that playoff run.

Teach those yutes well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13347

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

We wouldn’t have won without Playoff Rondo imo.

Thank you, Rajon.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 6304

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Rondo - thanks for helping the purple and gold get #17, You always have a seat at the table here.

And good job getting that - likely - last big pay day. Pass that knowledge onto that pg stud in ATL.

And last - good job having the clips standing around and leaving them at the altar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 16442

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Can we get J.Lin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 3912
Location: The official trout slapper of LG.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

2 years at $15 million...

What most people don't connect is the meaning of "Playoff Rondo." It means that Rondo doesn't play well unless it really, really, really matters.

FYI Hawks: You don't matter.

I'm so glad Rondo is gone. We don't need a player that chooses when to give his best, and even when he chooses to flip a switch, his switch has a short in it most of the time!
_________________
Don't make me give you a trout slap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3786

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

One last big contract, can't be mad at that. The man is a real champion. Would be great to see him back here as an assistant in a couple years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24752
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
2 years at $15 million...

What most people don't connect is the meaning of "Playoff Rondo." It means that Rondo doesn't play well unless it really, really, really matters.

FYI Hawks: You don't matter.

I'm so glad Rondo is gone. We don't need a player that chooses when to give his best, and even when he chooses to flip a switch, his switch has a short in it most of the time!


We don't win this past chip without him. 3rd best player on our team for most of our 16 playoff wins. But hey, I"m glad he's gone. So I don't have to read the unwarranted Rondo hate anymore. To be followed by hiding when he dominates when we need it the most.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 30861
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Wow, pretty big contract. Good for him.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 6461
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Can’t fault him and I know the Lakers did him well and vice versa. I know the love is there with the Rob, Jeannie, Lebron, etc, with Rondo.
This is a great opportunity to mentor an amazing talent in Trae Young. I am very excited for Trae. Players of this talent don’t get a mentor like this everyday. The thing with Trae, he can be an amazing cerebral talent like Rondo. No question.

Will always love Playoff Rondo, especially in the finals. That last game was epic and Laker fans should never forget that game from him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3307

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I appreciate what RR brought to our Lakers. Guarantee he had a heart to heart w/AD before making his decision. They have a special bond, and I'm betting AD showed him nothing but love, as LeBron and the rest of the team will do.

Thank you for your special contribution to our championship Rajon Rondo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 934

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, the Lakers have signed Playoff Rondo to a 1 year extension, but regular season Rondo signed a new contract with the Hawks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 13608

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Rondo chose the Hawks over the Clippers cause he wants to be close to home in Kentucky. Good for him. Good luck, Rondo. We're gonna miss you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53937

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Real happy he chose the Hawks instead of the Clips, but they could always trade him at some point to a contender during the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sgtpepper1972
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 189
Location: Philippines

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Real happy he chose the Hawks instead of the Clips, but they could always trade him at some point to a contender during the season.


...which could be us 😜
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
twisted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 1146

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Real happy he chose the Hawks instead of the Clips, but they could always trade him at some point to a contender during the season.


I really hope he strung the Clippers along only to leave them high and dry when FA market has all but dried up. Sort of payback for Kawhi. We'll see
_________________
"Other GMs are playing checkers while I'm playing NBA 2K with the trade logic turned off." - Rob Pelinka

“God knew they couldn’t be on this Earth without each other. He had to bring them home to have them together.” – Vanessa Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roninenix
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why but I feel like he was here longer than 2 years. I'm really gonna miss him. He was just so great for us in the playoffs, minus a few bad games. He was professional and took no BS, held Lebron and AD accountable. I'm glad he didn't join the clippers and got his $$ with the hawks, I'll be rooting for him there. Just wish we had fans in the arenas to show him the appreciation he deserves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12858
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Rondo; take the ATL money and retire...best wishes
_________________
Lakers !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 5834

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Set the tone with the Chris Paul punch and finished it with a championship. Thanks Rondo!
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 3912
Location: The official trout slapper of LG.net

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
2 years at $15 million...

What most people don't connect is the meaning of "Playoff Rondo." It means that Rondo doesn't play well unless it really, really, really matters.

FYI Hawks: You don't matter.

I'm so glad Rondo is gone. We don't need a player that chooses when to give his best, and even when he chooses to flip a switch, his switch has a short in it most of the time!


We don't win this past chip without him. 3rd best player on our team for most of our 16 playoff wins. But hey, I"m glad he's gone. So I don't have to read the unwarranted Rondo hate anymore. To be followed by hiding when he dominates when we need it the most.


You obviously don't get it. No one is claiming that Rondo didn't help us in the playoffs. It's the "legend of playoff Rondo" garbage that has caused me to lose respect for him. I support players that always bring it. This guy was a liability throughout most of his time with the Lakers. Then, when "playoff Rondo" decided to flip a switch, he had a series of decent to good games, filling a role this team desperately required all season long.

I loved Rondo as a player throughout most of his career. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to love, nor respect him, while he donned the purple & gold.

I'm just not fooled.
_________________
Don't make me give you a trout slap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3363

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
2 years at $15 million...

What most people don't connect is the meaning of "Playoff Rondo." It means that Rondo doesn't play well unless it really, really, really matters.

FYI Hawks: You don't matter.

I'm so glad Rondo is gone. We don't need a player that chooses when to give his best, and even when he chooses to flip a switch, his switch has a short in it most of the time!


We don't win this past chip without him. 3rd best player on our team for most of our 16 playoff wins. But hey, I"m glad he's gone. So I don't have to read the unwarranted Rondo hate anymore. To be followed by hiding when he dominates when we need it the most.


You obviously don't get it. No one is claiming that Rondo didn't help us in the playoffs. It's the "legend of playoff Rondo" garbage that has caused me to lose respect for him. I support players that always bring it. This guy was a liability throughout most of his time with the Lakers. Then, when "playoff Rondo" decided to flip a switch, he had a series of decent to good games, filling a role this team desperately required all season long.

I loved Rondo as a player throughout most of his career. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to love, nor respect him, while he donned the purple & gold.

I'm just not fooled.


Our end game is winning championship . We won win him playing a crucial role. In essence, he contributed when he showed up when it matters.

For a championship team, regular season is just a warm up. Rondo is too old to go all out. He has to pace himself so he has enough wind to go to another gear when it matters. And he did. If you value the regular season the most, then that’s the disconnect happen.

Even a great player like Lebron coast too. The difference is Lebron half gear is still better than 99 % players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 3912
Location: The official trout slapper of LG.net

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
2 years at $15 million...

What most people don't connect is the meaning of "Playoff Rondo." It means that Rondo doesn't play well unless it really, really, really matters.

FYI Hawks: You don't matter.

I'm so glad Rondo is gone. We don't need a player that chooses when to give his best, and even when he chooses to flip a switch, his switch has a short in it most of the time!


We don't win this past chip without him. 3rd best player on our team for most of our 16 playoff wins. But hey, I"m glad he's gone. So I don't have to read the unwarranted Rondo hate anymore. To be followed by hiding when he dominates when we need it the most.


You obviously don't get it. No one is claiming that Rondo didn't help us in the playoffs. It's the "legend of playoff Rondo" garbage that has caused me to lose respect for him. I support players that always bring it. This guy was a liability throughout most of his time with the Lakers. Then, when "playoff Rondo" decided to flip a switch, he had a series of decent to good games, filling a role this team desperately required all season long.

I loved Rondo as a player throughout most of his career. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to love, nor respect him, while he donned the purple & gold.

I'm just not fooled.


Our end game is winning championship . We won win him playing a crucial role. In essence, he contributed when he showed up when it matters.

For a championship team, regular season is just a warm up. Rondo is too old to go all out. He has to pace himself so he has enough wind to go to another gear when it matters. And he did. If you value the regular season the most, then that’s the disconnect happen.

Even a great player like Lebron coast too. The difference is Lebron half gear is still better than 99 % players.


It's funny how you try to make it seem like I don't understand what he did for us in the playoffs or that I care more about the regular season. I don't feel that way at all, nor have I made those ridiculous claims. My claim is simple: Rondo gives zero effort until Rondo wants to. I'm happy to see him leave. I'd rather have a team filled with players that bleed P&G as opposed to players who choose when to give EFFORT.

Thank you Rondo for helping us win #17, but have fun on the Hawks! I won't miss you at all.
_________________
Don't make me give you a trout slap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3363

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
2 years at $15 million...

What most people don't connect is the meaning of "Playoff Rondo." It means that Rondo doesn't play well unless it really, really, really matters.

FYI Hawks: You don't matter.

I'm so glad Rondo is gone. We don't need a player that chooses when to give his best, and even when he chooses to flip a switch, his switch has a short in it most of the time!


We don't win this past chip without him. 3rd best player on our team for most of our 16 playoff wins. But hey, I"m glad he's gone. So I don't have to read the unwarranted Rondo hate anymore. To be followed by hiding when he dominates when we need it the most.


You obviously don't get it. No one is claiming that Rondo didn't help us in the playoffs. It's the "legend of playoff Rondo" garbage that has caused me to lose respect for him. I support players that always bring it. This guy was a liability throughout most of his time with the Lakers. Then, when "playoff Rondo" decided to flip a switch, he had a series of decent to good games, filling a role this team desperately required all season long.

I loved Rondo as a player throughout most of his career. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to love, nor respect him, while he donned the purple & gold.

I'm just not fooled.


Our end game is winning championship . We won win him playing a crucial role. In essence, he contributed when he showed up when it matters.

For a championship team, regular season is just a warm up. Rondo is too old to go all out. He has to pace himself so he has enough wind to go to another gear when it matters. And he did. If you value the regular season the most, then that’s the disconnect happen.

Even a great player like Lebron coast too. The difference is Lebron half gear is still better than 99 % players.


It's funny how you try to make it seem like I don't understand what he did for us in the playoffs or that I care more about the regular season. I don't feel that way at all, nor have I made those ridiculous claims. My claim is simple: Rondo gives zero effort until Rondo wants to. I'm happy to see him leave. I'd rather have a team filled with players that bleed P&G as opposed to players who choose when to give EFFORT.

Thank you Rondo for helping us win #17, but have fun on the Hawks! I won't miss you at all.


Well you’re a missing that big picture . Rondo is aged veteran who has been there done that. You can’t expect him to give it all out on games that has no bearing to him.

If our team goal is to get in the playoff then your claim is valid. He need to give full effort in the regular season. But our team end game is winning championship so he played accordingly.

Your expectation of him supposedly giving full EFFORT is unwarranted considering his age that align with his physical limitation along with all the injuries .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11070
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

MY MESSAGE TO RONDO:

Thanks a lot for the last two years, it was great watching you (except for the 56 games you were injured) and a bigger thanks to your playoffs and finals contributions and I'm happy you were able to get Ring #2.

I see that you have $111 million in career earnings, that a great deal of money, and two years from now, it will be $126 million, that's enough to support dozens and dozens of your future generations.

Now for a moment, lets just pretend you stayed with the Lakers another two years and (only) had career earnings of $117 million... wouldn't you still be able to provide for your family?

And as far as your legacy, do you think it would be cooler if you Grand kids and Great-Grand kids would be able to say Grandpa won FOUR Rings during his career, instead of just TWO?
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10203

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
MY MESSAGE TO RONDO:

Thanks a lot for the last two years, it was great watching you (except for the 56 games you were injured) and a bigger thanks to your playoffs and finals contributions and I'm happy you were able to get Ring #2.

I see that you have $111 million in career earnings, that a great deal of money, and two years from now, it will be $126 million, that's enough to support dozens and dozens of your future generations.

Now for a moment, lets just pretend you stayed with the Lakers another two years and (only) had career earnings of $117 million... wouldn't you still be able to provide for your family?

And as far as your legacy, do you think it would be cooler if you Grand kids and Great-Grand kids would be able to say Grandpa won FOUR Rings during his career, instead of just TWO?


Naw, get your bag while you can. We don’t know anything behind the scenes. He showed up basically 2 months over a 2 1/2 year time anyways. Remember when AD hit that game winner in the bubble and Rondo just walked off in the other direction? That wasn’t just nothing I’m guessing.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 387

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Set the tone with the Chris Paul punch and finished it with a championship. Thanks Rondo!


Instant respect was earned with that CP3 shot.

Thanks and good luck, Rajon...
_________________
LAKERS RAIDERS KINGS DODGERS AZTECS MIDSHIPMEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159
Page 159 of 159
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB