OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5366, 5367, 5368 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

AD has no problem playing center... When it counts. Meaning playoffs or if a game is on the line. He just doesn't like to do it when there's no urgency to do so.

lxlhotsaucelxl wrote:
ocho wrote:
defense wrote:
Even after all our centers did for us last season we still think we need no centers.

We spent the MLE on a center, we are about to give a max deal to a center, and we are currently trying to acquire a center.

AD doesnt want to play center on a regular basis, Harrel to small against bigs in the playoffs. Basically need a true big for the likes of Joker ect.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
If we can somehow land Mitchell Robinson for Kuz and JaVale and a couple of 2nd's...

We'd have to take back a little bit more salary, like Dennis Smith or something. I'm trying to type this into existence.

I’ve wanted Mitchell Robinson since he was in the draft. Was bummed when the Lakers didn’t take him.

moron magic took Wagner. That man set this franchise back 5 years luckily rob and rich saved us
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
I’m kinda annoyed Gasol is trying to squeeze a million more out of us considering what he’s already made in his career and also where we are in the cap. I mean, we still need to get rid of Javale anyway, but he could make this much easier by just signing for the minimum, which is not gonna be that much less than what he’ll end up getting.

Easy to say since we’re not millionaires

What if the guy had 20 baby mommas. A mil or two helps

Last edited by Sago on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
I’m kinda annoyed Gasol is trying to squeeze a million more out of us considering what he’s already made in his career and also where we are in the cap. I mean, we still need to get rid of Javale anyway, but he could make this much easier by just signing for the minimum, which is not gonna be that much less than what he’ll end up getting.

He could be angling for a bigger Raptors contract.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
If we can somehow land Mitchell Robinson for Kuz and JaVale and a couple of 2nd's...

We'd have to take back a little bit more salary, like Dennis Smith or something. I'm trying to type this into existence.

I’ve wanted Mitchell Robinson since he was in the draft. Was bummed when the Lakers didn’t take him.

moron magic took Wagner. That man set this franchise back 5 years luckily rob and rich saved us

Robinsons better of course, but Wagner has been really solid in Washington. He’s going to have a long career as a rotation player, which is a lot for a late first rounder.

Not to defend Magic’s tenure or anything.. but that was far from his worst mistake

Last edited by AY2043 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

ocho wrote:
Just to be clear, one poster saw the news we were talking to NY about a Javale deal, falsely panicked that we were trading Kuzma despite nobody reporting it, and now we have pages of Kuzma trade talk. Everybody chill

Can someone explain why we need to trade Javale when we are only left with the vet min to sign Gasol? Its not as if trading Javale will create cap space. Will it?
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Sago wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

Easy to say since we’re not millionaires

What if the guy had 20 baby mommas. A mil or two helps

This is Marc Gasol not Shawn Kemp lol.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Because I’m not seeing it.

Gasol as a situational player, no problem. Gasol as the starter and relying on him playing consistent significant mpg, I don’t see.

McGee has a valuable role for this team with his athleticism and ability to run the floor. Will be interesting to see him moved for cap space and how they fill the center position when he is gone.

Apparently I’m still playing checkers on this potential move.

Omg

Any center we signed including ibaka would be situational

My god lol

Anthony Davis plays the 5 in closing minutes and throughout the game when going small

This happened with McGee and Dwight on the roster both

We have Harrell now. If anything we are playing less Davis at the 5 now because of Harrell. I don’t get how this is such rocket science to everyone
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

He could be angling for a bigger Raptors contract.

Could be, that earlier tweet from Stein about how we had emerged as the favorites obviously came from his agent.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

ocho wrote:
Just to be clear, one poster saw the news we were talking to NY about a Javale deal, falsely panicked that we were trading Kuzma despite nobody reporting it, and now we have pages of Kuzma trade talk. Everybody chill
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

ocho wrote:

Yeah, it went sideways quick. I’m guessing we trade a 2nd and enough cash to buy another second. Ed Davis just went into cap space for two seconds with the Knicks. McGee is a much better player, but we are probably just negotiating over whether we can keep it to one pick, imho.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Twitter blowing up saying "Watch Rob get Mitchell back for Kuz/Javale" lol
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:

As a show of solidarity you should ask your boss for a pay decrease.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:

As a show of solidarity you should ask your boss for a pay decrease.

Give me his number, I got you.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ocho wrote:

Yeah, it went sideways quick. I’m guessing we trade a 2nd and enough cash to buy another second. Ed Davis just went into cap space for two seconds with the Knicks. McGee is a much better player, but we are probably just negotiating over whether we can keep it to one pick, imho.

Just to be clear, u think this is for Marc right? Or we thingking bigger deals
pokoy

ocho wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
(bleep) were trading Kuzma to get Marc Gasol

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1330604514693451777?s=21

Definitely think that’s an overpay for us (unless this allows us to get both Gasol and Kieff), but I’d actually like to see Kuz there in NY. I think he’d do well.

Absolutely nobody has said we are trading Kuzma. Click the links, guys! Lol

Cripes, yeah I should have clicked that link first lol.

Is it bad that I was that ready to part with Kuz? I still don’t think we can afford him next offseason and getting something for him now would be better than losing him for nothing, especially if we can keep someone like a Kieff that can sort of play in Kuz’s old 4 slot (although we’d be missing that 4-3-2ish flexibility). Maybe javale and Kuz for cap space and a pick? I don’t know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Thing that is getting missed here is outside shooting from 3pt land.

Even with all of our moves, not sure we have moved the needle much in that area.

Harrell brings nothing to the table in that regard, although Matthews does, he is not quite on par with Green, despite the later being down a little last season.

Bradley was solid in the regular season in that area while Rondo shot 40% from there in the playoffs.

Marc Gasol is about the only center left that can hold his own defensively and provide that little tidbit as well (about 39% from there, about 4 attempts a game) since he added it to his arsenal about 4 years ago.

Morris too was lights out there in the playoffs (42%) and although was not the same in the regular season, he was at the same 39% clip the previous two seasons...

We don't need another center when AD can play there and Harrell is such a banger; but I am sure we can still get one for the minimum if need be later......

What we do need are shooters and getting it at the C position (even if it is for 15-20 minutes a game) would be just another nice little component for this team....

Last edited by bkt4208 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys, I am good with Gasol. For sure....
But, with that being said, what I would ask that the FO do is get his ass in shape. He needs to drop some weight like Jokic did, like other bigs have.
I believe that is the main reason, he has looked a bit slow these past couple years. It's weight...

He was averaging basically 16 points, 9 rebounds just a year ago when he was in Memphis and moved to Toronto in the 2018/2019 season. He was a former Defensive Player of the Year, so he knows how to play defense.

He's not chopped liver, he just needs to get in better shape.

Just my opinion....
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

People still trying to trade Kuzma at this point?

Kuz value production and salary right now makes him a steal. Specially seeing how some of these guys are signing for.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Kuz not going anywhere, in my opinion...not now.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

anth2000 wrote:
Hey guys, I am good with Gasol. For sure....
But, with that being said, what I would ask that the FO do is get his ass in shape. He needs to drop some weight like Jokic did, like other bigs have.
I believe that is the main reason, he has looked a bit slow these past couple years. It's weight...

He was averaging basically 16 points, 9 rebounds just a year ago when he was in Memphis and moved to Toronto in the 2018/2019 season. He was a former Defensive Player of the Year, so he knows how to play defense.

He's not chopped liver, he just needs to get in better shape.

Just my opinion....

He did lose a lot of weight prior to entering the bubble.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

twisted wrote:
ocho wrote:

Can someone explain why we need to trade Javale when we are only left with the vet min to sign Gasol? Its not as if trading Javale will create cap space. Will it?

Trading McGee to Toronto for a signed Gasol makes the most sense and not complicated. Gasol get his $4.2 million and Toronto gets something for losing Gasol and Ibaka.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
Free agent center Willy Hernangomez has agreed to a one-year, minimum deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, agent Guillermo Bermejo of YouFirst and Tandem Sports tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Stay focused.

OUT: McGee
IN: Gasol
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

For those saying this wouldn't have happened if we signed Dwight...I'll take Marc over Dwight 100% of the time. Marc with AD/Lebron would be absolutely sick, even if he's a little washed. Just need him to hold up for one good season.

As a commentary on Rob's strategy overall this offseason, buying low and selling high on Dwight/Rondo was absolutely the right move. It would have been nice to retain Bradley, but I think that ship sailed long ago.

Add Marc and another wing on the buyout market like Batum/Ariza - this becomes an A+ offseason (it's already a B+/A-). Let the Clippers get the media glory as usual, we know how this will turn out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5366, 5367, 5368 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5367 of 8560
Jump to: