I have the perfect trade idea

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deucetre33
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: I have the perfect trade idea

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=981~1823~1978~1027&teams=25~25~13~13

Smush/Kwame for Earl Watson and Nick Collison...what do you guys think?

Kobe + Odom + Pau would be very deadly
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject:

Nope. Lateral to backward move. Makes no sense.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject:

This makes sense though.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Vladimir Radmanovic
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie
Andrew Bynum
Brian Cook
Shammond Williams

Incoming
Andre Miller
Pau Gasol

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Andre Miller
Kyle Korver

Incoming
Vladimir Radmanovic
Shammond Williams
Jake Tsakalidis
Dahntay Jones
Lawrence Roberts

Memphis Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Pau Gasol
Jake Tsakalidis
Dahntay Jones
Lawrence Roberts

Incoming
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie
Andrew Bynum
Brian Cook
Kyle Korver
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
This makes sense though.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Vladimir Radmanovic
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie
Andrew Bynum
Brian Cook
Shammond Williams

Incoming
Andre Miller
Pau Gasol

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Andre Miller
Kyle Korver

Incoming
Vladimir Radmanovic
Shammond Williams
Jake Tsakalidis
Dahntay Jones
Lawrence Roberts

Memphis Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Pau Gasol
Jake Tsakalidis
Dahntay Jones
Lawrence Roberts

Incoming
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie
Andrew Bynum
Brian Cook
Kyle Korver

Too many players and the big question is, why would Memphis do it? They get scrubs in return for the most part.

Memphis could deal Pau without having to go through 2 teams to do it and they'd get a better player(s) as well.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Too many players and the big question is, why would Memphis do it? They get scrubs in return for the most part.

Memphis could deal Pau without having to go through 2 teams to do it and they'd get a better player(s) as well.

Well Bynum and Kyle Korver aren't exactly "scrubs". Memphis IS trying to get younger and more talented. Having Bynum, Gay, Korver, Warrick AND either Durant, Oden or Noah would seem to be a pretty good starting point.

Plus neither of the 3 teams involved are giving up "too much" considering that the Lakers are trading essentially Vlad, Cook and Bynum for Gasol and Miller; Phili is trying to dump Millers contract for cap space and replacing Korver with Vlad is a step up; and Memphis I already exlained. They are basically swapping their expiring with ours, only they get 2 centers and two talented outside shooter.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

Well Bynum and Kyle Korver aren't exactly "scrubs". Memphis IS trying to get younger and more talented. Having Bynum, Gay, Korver, Warrick AND either Durant, Oden or Noah would seem to be a pretty good starting point.

Plus neither of the 3 teams involved are giving up "too much" considering that the Lakers are trading essentially Vlad, Cook and Bynum for Gasol and Miller; Phili is trying to dump Millers contract for cap space and replacing Korver with Vlad is a step up; and Memphis I already exlained. They are basically swapping their expiring with ours, only they get 2 centers and two talented outside shooter.

In my definition, Bynum and Kyle are scrubs until they can play consistent and become go-to guys. But again, Grizz could get a lot more for a proven 20/10 athletic guy that can play the 4 and the 5. They won't need to swap with 2 other teams or have that many players come in, espeially since they already have a nice young core of players.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

In my definition, Bynum and Kyle are scrubs until they can play consistent and become go-to guys. But again, Grizz could get a lot more for a proven 20/10 athletic guy that can play the 4 and the 5. They won't need to swap with 2 other teams or have that many players come in, espeially since they already have a nice young core of players.

Trades that have been pitched to them, reportedly, have been Ben Gordon, cap space and a pick, Portland's minor young talent, and Boston may have made a deal as well. But none of them gives Memphis 2 young talented players that have proved to be more than scrubs on their respective teams, a quality backup center in Chris Mihm, and a nice outside shooting big man in Brian Cooke. Forget the amount of players being traded, it doesn't make it complicated when you see that they are all expiring contracts who wouldn't be signed anyway.

Incoming
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie
Andrew Bynum
Brian Cook
Kyle Korver
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: