Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Burrow went down (bleep).
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I hope Rivers injury isn't anything serious after Burrow.. these QBs are dropping like flies..

Good job by the Colts though the Packers have never won here and that will remain true for the next 8 years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Didn't watch the Saints game. Score 27 13. Did Hill have a good game?

Vegas looking good against KC. Carr's chunking da pill.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Raiders and Derek Carr are showing whats up.

The REAL LA team that the NFL screwed over. Seriously NFL owners brainless fools who thought putting the Chargers and Rams in LA would be better than the Silver and Black. IDIOTS
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

The only surprise with New Orleans is that they didn't give a few snaps to Winston. I never thought Winston was going to start, but that he might be used for a few plays to keep Atlanta off balance. The Falcons are a miserable team with some of the worst pass defense in the league. Even Taysom Hill was able to carved them up.

The Patriots are just awful. Their only elite unit is their defensive secondary, but even they're experiencing lapses at this point. Tellingly, their best pass target is Damiere Byrd, someone who couldn't even break 400 yards with the Cardinals last season. They'll still win a few more games, but the playoffs are a pipe dream.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

I guess if you subscribe to the 'good loss' theory, that was a good loss for the Raiders last night. Defending champion Chiefs coming off of a bye with half out defense not able to practice due to being on the Covid list and still coming a minute away from sweeping them.

I know I've been a vocal critic of Derek Carr, but man, he played damn near perfect last night. Can't knock him at all and hope he keep it's up.

They left at least 6 points on the field with Agholor killing two separate drives with drops.

And the first thing I thought of when they scored that go-ahead score towards the end was....'too much time'.

I honestly wasn't surprised the Chiefs scored a TD there at the end (honestly, to me a FG was virtually a given), but to just leave Travis freakin' Kelce WIDE OPEN is just unfathomable. Make them earn it, y'know?

But hell, if you told me before the season the Chiefs would need a last second score to beat us to only earn a season split, I'd take that in a heartbeat
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I hope Rivers injury isn't anything serious after Burrow.. these QBs are dropping like flies..

Good job by the Colts though the Packers have never won here and that will remain true for the next 8 years.

Rivers is one of my favorite players, I love the guy's competitive spirit. I never bought into to the "he's washed" talk. He actually had a good year for the miserable Chargers last season. People just wanted to chase him out of town in order to draft a young QB (Herbert has definitely been amazing). But I'm glad Rivers found a new home in Indy, and I hope they can make some noise in the playoffs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
I guess if you subscribe to the 'good loss' theory, that was a good loss for the Raiders last night. Defending champion Chiefs coming off of a bye with half out defense not able to practice due to being on the Covid list and still coming a minute away from sweeping them.

I know I've been a vocal critic of Derek Carr, but man, he played damn near perfect last night. Can't knock him at all and hope he keep it's up.

They left at least 6 points on the field with Agholor killing two separate drives with drops.

And the first thing I thought of when they scored that go-ahead score towards the end was....'too much time'.

I honestly wasn't surprised the Chiefs scored a TD there at the end (honestly, to me a FG was virtually a given), but to just leave Travis freakin' Kelce WIDE OPEN is just unfathomable. Make them earn it, y'know?

But hell, if you told me before the season the Chiefs would need a last second score to beat us to only earn a season split, I'd take that in a heartbeat

Carr was mostly a checkdown artist last season, and he still shows a little too much of that at times, but he has undoubtedly played well this season. The Raiders seem to have fixed their offensive line and Gruden is scheming up plays that are working. And this is without Ruggs making a major impact yet. The defense is largely overmatched in the secondary but they play hard. They look like a 9-10 win team to me, and that quite possibly means playoffs.

As for leaving the Chiefs too much time, the Chiefs still had 2 timeouts, I believe, and since the Raiders were down 4, you can't just plan to make them use their timeouts and let it go all the way to 3rd/4th down. You're down 4, you gotta just score and worry about the rest later.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Carr was mostly a checkdown artist last season, and he still shows a little too much of that at times, but he has undoubtedly played well this season. The Raiders seem to have fixed their offensive line and Gruden is scheming up plays that are working. And this is without Ruggs making a major impact yet. The defense is largely overmatched in the secondary but they play hard. They look like a 9-10 win team to me, and that quite possibly means playoffs.

As for leaving the Chiefs too much time, the Chiefs still had 2 timeouts, I believe, and since the Raiders were down 4, you can't just plan to make them use their timeouts and let it go all the way to 3rd/4th down. You're down 4, you gotta just score and worry about the rest later.

Oh 100%

A buddy of mine was like, 'you can't leave that much time on the clock against the Chiefs'.

But we scored on 3rd down. And if we didn't, clock would've stopped anyway and if we scored on 4th down, there'd still be a minute and a half left.

But totally agree that you have to score when you can.

We have a favorable schedule down the stretch (on paper, anyway).

Toughest games appear to be against the Dolphins (who laid an egg against Denver) and the Colts so 10 games should be the floor for this team.

Really doubt we'll run the table so 11 games should be reasonable.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

Tired of seeing the Lions on the schedule for Thanksgiving. And I was complaining about this almost 20 years ago. Why put a franchise with such a losing history in front of a national audience? They rarely play on Sunday and Monday Night Football. Compared to them, teams like the Jets, Vikings and Bills have much better histories. At least the Jets had Namath in 1969. What did the Lions have? Barry Sanders leaving them?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

On the bright side, I usually don’t have too much football to watch. I usually skip the Lions game. Only the late game looks interesting.

The only time I was ever happy to see the Lions play was when my favorite team was playing them.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Oh 100%

A buddy of mine was like, 'you can't leave that much time on the clock against the Chiefs'.

But we scored on 3rd down. And if we didn't, clock would've stopped anyway and if we scored on 4th down, there'd still be a minute and a half left.

Toughest games appear to be against the Dolphins (who laid an egg against Denver) and the Colts so 10 games should be the floor for this team.

Honestly, I wouldn't automatically count this week's game at Atlanta as a win. I'm sure they were pumped up to play the Chiefs, and there's always the risk of a natural letdown when you see a team with a record like the Falcons next on the schedule. But before last week's loss to the Saints, they had won 3 of 4 after Morris became the coach, and it should've been 4-0 if Todd Gurley didn't have a brain cramp. I think they are playing harder for Morris. Now, if Julio Jones can't play, it cripples their offense and then it should be much easier. But if he is OK to play, I actually think it could be a tough game for the Raiders to win.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Ugh, the late night game was moved to Sunday. So the Lions have the best record out of all the teams playing at 4-6. All the other teams are 3-7. And the winner of the Cowboys-Redskins game will be in first place with a 4-7 record. If it’s a tie, they both will be in a 3 way tie for first.

You can’t make this stuff up.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Tired of seeing the Lions on the schedule for Thanksgiving. And I was complaining about this almost 20 years ago. Why put a franchise with such a losing history in front of a national audience? They rarely play on Sunday and Monday Night Football. Compared to them, teams like the Jets, Vikings and Bills have much better histories. At least the Jets had Namath in 1969. What did the Lions have? Barry Sanders leaving them?

I have no problems with the Lions on Thanksgiving since its usually just a game you leave the TV on for that day. Is it the most competitive game on the schedule. Nope. I doubt the Thanksgiving game is a ratings maker since people are usually preoccupied with celebrating the day.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Football just ain't football on Thangsgiving without my nephews whootin and hollarin

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Oh 100%

Honestly, I wouldn't automatically count this week's game at Atlanta as a win. I'm sure they were pumped up to play the Chiefs, and there's always the risk of a natural letdown when you see a team with a record like the Falcons next on the schedule. But before last week's loss to the Saints, they had won 3 of 4 after Morris became the coach, and it should've been 4-0 if Todd Gurley didn't have a brain cramp. I think they are playing harder for Morris. Now, if Julio Jones can't play, it cripples their offense and then it should be much easier. But if he is OK to play, I actually think it could be a tough game for the Raiders to win.

Oh for sure. With our defense, there really is no 'sure thing' for us.

But it's a game we should win on paper and our offense really looks like they're starting to gel.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

The Dallas Cowboys suck!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Alex Smith is a modern medical miracle.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject:

I don’t understand the NFLs infatuation with the Cowboys and Lions for Thanksgiving. It’s almost as inexplicable as Fox’s infatuation with Joe Buck.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
I don’t understand the NFLs infatuation with the Cowboys and Lions for Thanksgiving. It’s almost as inexplicable as Fox’s infatuation with Joe Buck.

They really should be removed from Thanksgiving if the NFL wanted a better product on TV that day.

Either its an internal issue with the owners wanting the Lions on Thanksgiving, or they rather not disturb two good teams, so they let the Lions have Thanksgiving to fill up TV time because they have determine there is not financial incentive for having better teams play.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:

For both teams its a tradition they started. For the Lions its probably the only time they are guaranteed a national viewing audience, lets face it not many people intentionally want to watch a Lions game. For the Cowboys they are "America's team" so the Thanksgiving game is one of their big games of the season where they have a guaranteed monopoly on the viewing audience. Also the above poster stated while there might be better teams that could play on that day, I'm guessing they would rather spend their Thanksgiving with their family than playing football.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Oh 100%

Oh for sure. With our defense, there really is no 'sure thing' for us.

But it's a game we should win on paper and our offense really looks like they're starting to gel.

Julio is questionable after getting in limited practices all week. Seems like he'll be a game-time call. Also, Gurley was ruled out, although I don't think that changes their offense much. Julio is the one that makes their offense go.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

The Broncos have no QBs for tomorrow. If Denver ownership and the NFL were smart and serious about restoring the image of the league, they'd be on the phone with Colin Kaep right now.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The Broncos have no QBs for tomorrow. If Denver ownership and the NFL were smart and serious about restoring the image of the league, they'd be on the phone with Colin Kaep right now.

He couldn't play for this week anyway, since any new signing must quarantine for a few days.

I don't get why they don't push the game back to Tuesday, like the league has done on a couple of occasions already, including for the Ravens and Steelers this week. If any of the 3 active QB's turned up a negative test, they could've played on Tuesday. Instead, the NFL is making them play with a former college QB-turned-WR, who was a bad QB in college. That, or run the wildcat on many of their snaps. It's basically handing the Saints a free win, and playing in Denver against a Vic Fangio defense is not an automatic win under normal circumstances, particularly for a Saints team that is never as good outdoors on grass, never mind with Taysom Hill at QB.

The Saints are now a 15-point favorite with a putrid Over/Under of 36.5 points. So the implied score is 25.5-10.5 lol. Awful.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

He couldn't play for this week anyway, since any new signing must quarantine for a few days.

I don't get why they don't push the game back to Tuesday, like the league has done on a couple of occasions already, including for the Ravens and Steelers this week. If any of the 3 active QB's turned up a negative test, they could've played on Tuesday. Instead, the NFL is making them play with a former college QB-turned-WR, who was a bad QB in college. That, or run the wildcat on many of their snaps. It's basically handing the Saints a free win, and playing in Denver against a Vic Fangio defense is not an automatic win under normal circumstances, particularly for a Saints team that is never as good outdoors on grass, never mind with Taysom Hill at QB.

The Saints are now a 15-point favorite with a putrid Over/Under of 36.5 points. So the implied score is 25.5-10.5 lol. Awful.

I realize it's not possible logistically. My point was about the irony of the way things are playing out in this COVID world.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 16 of 335
Jump to: