THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

For Dwight's next role, he plays the part of the jilted lover...

Also while it's easy for all of us here, equipped with logic and basis reasoning abilities to see what the mistake he made, I'm sure if you put yourself in his shoes (size 16), you'll understand that like Spreewell before him: "he had to feed his family"...!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

I don’t know how I feel about Dwight. I would have understood if he wanted one last payday. Instead, he chooses to be the backup to Embiid in Philly for less than he could have gotten here. He’s an odd dude.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

Hack-a-Dwight when we got Philly 2x this season, now that we got enough bodies to throw at him!
Big Game Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

You made good, all is forgiven. Thanks for the effort and humility this year, Dwight...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

Honestly I think Dwight wore out his welcome by the end of the Bubble. Was too much of a contributor so they grinned and took it. Did LBJ even show the same love he did for Rondo/Jav on social media (If so I missed it).

Dwight isn't for everyone. I'm glad he redeemed himself for us last year and was important for 1.5 playoff series. He injected energy for the regular season.

But for him to fail spectacularly to parlay that into a bigger deal, and took a paycut and is backing up an All NBA center is just so Dwight.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dwight Howard, who is eating lunch during his introductory Zoom call, said he thinks this is going to be the Sixers' year to win a championship. "It's been a long time since 1983," he said. Also said that Wilt Chamberlain is his all-time favorite player.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Dwight will Dwight. Should have waited and let his emotions cool down. Could have been back with the Lakers? Could have gotten a bigger deal (when he said he didn't want to play for free anymore...then took a 400k haircut to back up an all NBA center).
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Honestly I think Dwight wore out his welcome by the end of the Bubble. Was too much of a contributor so they grinned and took it. Did LBJ even show the same love he did for Rondo/Jav on social media (If so I missed it).

Dwight isn't for everyone. I'm glad he redeemed himself for us last year and was important for 1.5 playoff series. He injected energy for the regular season.

But for him to fail spectacularly to parlay that into a bigger deal, and took a paycut and is backing up an All NBA center is just so Dwight.

Agreed. As I said in another post, I always felt that Dwight was a ticking time bomb and the Lakers were fortunate enough to win the championship before the bomb exploded.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

Big Game Jeff wrote:
You made good, all is forgiven. Thanks for the effort and humility this year, Dwight...

This is where I'm at. I'm against him now because he's a Sixer, but my memory of Laker Howard is now the title, not the flameout. And some humility in place of hubris.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed. As I said in another post, I always felt that Dwight was a ticking time bomb and the Lakers were fortunate enough to win the championship before the bomb exploded.

Whatever happens we got him on a good year with minimal expense paid. He redeemed himself for the last bad stint. If thats all we have to remember him by we are good.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

Glad he held it together long enough to contribute nicely to #17, but he's a strange dude whose personality probably does wear on his teammates after a while.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Big Game Jeff wrote:

For me it's more all is accepted. The way he left the first time, and it sounds like the second time has a similar pattern: unexpected, abrupt, thought it'd be a much longer stay, but found a reason to leave....it's more all is accepted Dwight, your flawed moves and all.

And, thanks for your contribution DH!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Dwight is Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction; Lakers were Ving Rhames. We cool now even though Bruce screwed Ving in the money initially.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dwight is Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction; Lakers were Ving Rhames. We cool now even though Bruce screwed Ving in the money initially.

Yep, but we only cool cause everybody got paid (trophy)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Philly has a good squad. Rivers is a good coach. If Dwight focuses as he did here Philadelphia will make some noise.

I'm looking to see if Doc can get Simmons and Imbiid to gell.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Anyone think Lebron and AD were getting tired of his antics, and told management to ixnay the offer? As much as I loved Dwight's defense last season, he did get annoying at times.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Anyone think Lebron and AD were getting tired of his antics, and told management to ixnay the offer? As much as I loved Dwight's defense last season, he did get annoying at times.

I don't get that sense. I think LeBron & AD genuinely loved the guy. If history is an indicator it's just another case of Howard unable to stay true to what's best for him.

I'll gladly eat my words if Philly wins it all.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

Nope, not at all. 100% that Dwight being his typical self doesn't understand that backup center isn't the team's primary concern at the onset of free agency - he's literally self-focused to the point where he thought his little vet min contract needed to be sorted out on day one. Morey was just smart enough to apply pressure and take advantage of this. Nothing further to see here.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Nope, not at all. 100% that Dwight being his typical self doesn't understand that backup center isn't the team's primary concern at the onset of free agency - he's literally self-focused to the point where he thought his little vet min contract needed to be sorted out on day one. Morey was just smart enough to apply pressure and take advantage of this. Nothing further to see here.

Pretty much agree with this. I would have liked to have Dwight back but honestly there was several times in the bubble he got very close to cracking and right after the season he started talking about how he wasnt going to play for free and kind of feeling himself again which he deserves to a point but it makes you wonder how well he'll happily stay in his role drama free for this entire next season. He could very well have no issues and I hope he doesnt even on another team but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if he does at some point.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject:

Same old Dwight last night. 10 boards in 13 minutes. Nice pickup by the Sixers.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject:

Howard +8, Gasol -8 after one game. Funny how Gasol is the only one who needs time to "adjust". He'd better adjust or we're kicking him to the curb. I'm going to ignore the fact that the Clippers scored 39 points in the first quarter in which he started in. Maybe he just didn't know his role. If he turned into another McGee, then I don't think we're favored to win it all anymore.

The Kings beat the Nuggets and the Pels beat the Raptors last night. The West is going to be extra wild this year. As the defending champs, we obviously have target on our back so teams are gonna be prepared for us. It's gonna be tough.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Howard +8, Gasol -8 after one game. Funny how Gasol is the only one who needs time to "adjust". He'd better adjust or we're kicking him to the curb. I'm going to ignore the fact that the Clippers scored 39 points in the first quarter in which he started in. Maybe he just didn't know his role. If he turned into another McGee, then I don't think we're favored to win it all anymore.

The Kings beat the Nuggets and the Pels beat the Raptors last night. The West is going to be extra wild this year. As the defending champs, we obviously have target on our back so teams are gonna be prepared for us. It's gonna be tough.

Dwight is far closer to his athletic prime, than Gasol is. Dwight is also in top shape, and probably did not need the extra time. Then, finally, Dwight is playing a backup role, easier to play against 2nd units. Gasol played against an elite team, starting. Clippers are one of the 5 most talented teams in the league.

I am happy for Dwight. He deserves to be remembered as a great player. He was not good enough to lead a team to a title, but you look at his career, you did not want all that BS drama that came with him to overshadow what was otherwise a stellar career, and on path to be an all time great at his position, until the back injuries slowed him down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Did 76ers play clips
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Dwight is far closer to his athletic prime, than Gasol is. Dwight is also in top shape, and probably did not need the extra time. Then, finally, Dwight is playing a backup role, easier to play against 2nd units. Gasol played against an elite team, starting. Clippers are one of the 5 most talented teams in the league.

I am happy for Dwight. He deserves to be remembered as a great player. He was not good enough to lead a team to a title, but you look at his career, you did not want all that BS drama that came with him to overshadow what was otherwise a stellar career, and on path to be an all time great at his position, until the back injuries slowed him down.

Prime Dwight lead a team past the defending champion Celtics, beat a 66 win LeBron led Cavs team, before running into Kobe and Pau fresh off their embarrassing defeat the previous season. Had the Magic played say the Melo Nuggets instead, I suspect Dwight would be looking at two rings now. Championships are always about teams, match ups and historical contingencies. Fact is he got to the Finals leading a team. He was a force back in the day.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Prime Dwight lead a team past the defending champion Celtics, beat a 66 win LeBron led Cavs team, before running into Kobe and Pau fresh off their embarrassing defeat the previous season. Had the Magic played say the Melo Nuggets instead, I suspect Dwight would be looking at two rings now. Championships are always about teams, match ups and historical contingencies. Fact is he got to the Finals leading a team. He was a force back in the day.

Crazy to think no one wanted him and his only real option was a non guaranteed contract with us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 134 of 137
Jump to: