Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1008, 1009, 1010 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject:

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLYEA BOYS! LETSGOOOOOO!

Shot out to Lonzo BI and Josh Hart: YOUNG CORE WE LOVE YA! The juice was worth the squeeze! See you in 6 years Zion!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
greek laker wrote:
I dont know , i have seconds thoughts about the AD trade, i want 5 championships and maybe he is worth trading for lonzo

Still not worth trading the next Magic Johnson

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

Some of you are acting like the minority viewpoint that the Lakers overpaid was more than it was.. The majority of LG and the fanbase didn't think so.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

Good to know you have a franchise level future HOF, best big man of his generation in his prime, for the next few years. You can now build your team accordingly, knowing what your base will be.

But in my book, anything we get from AD here on out is gravy. The dude delivered immediately. Rarely do you get such instant gratification, as was with this move. I am sure as Bron ages that there will be talk that we overpaid for them, trade AD/Trade Bron etc.

Completely overlooking that when you invest in all time great players, you are building a pathway to the future as well. If you win around them, and you treat them well, future all time great players who may wanna join, take notice. The Lakers are doing absolutely the right things here. Anything we get on top of the title these guys already won, is just the cherry on the top of the cake.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject:

Great news! Congrats AD!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Good to know you have a franchise level future HOF, best big man of his generation in his prime, for the next few years. You can now build your team accordingly, knowing what your base will be.

But in my book, anything we get from AD here on out is gravy. The dude delivered immediately. Rarely do you get such instant gratification, as was with this move. I am sure as Bron ages that there will be talk that we overpaid for them, trade AD/Trade Bron etc.

Completely overlooking that when you invest in all time great players, you are building a pathway to the future as well. If you win around them, and you treat them well, future all time great players who may wanna join, take notice. The Lakers are doing absolutely the right things here. Anything we get on top of the title these guys already won, is just the cherry on the top of the cake.

You guys are overblowing that narrative..

You don't generally overpay for young future HOFs.. It's a really hard thing to do.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject:

He will cement his legacy here as one of the best big men to ever play the game.. A Laker uniform is the perfect place to do it considering our history with bigs. I think he understood that.

Wouldn't be surprised if he retires a Laker.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

Hell yea
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject:

Greatest Power Forward in the history of the Lakers!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

So he wins a championship year 1, and is now locked in for possibly 5 years.

Can we finally say that it was worth it to trade for him?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

The next great Laker.

You were part of the family before AD, but now you are a core member. Welcome!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject:

#18!!
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

Its done, Davis getting a Max Contract

https://nypost.com/2020/12/03/anthony-davis-agrees-to-extension-with-los-angeles-lakers/
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

SocalDevin wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

You don't generally overpay for young future HOFs.. It's a really hard thing to do.

I don't think it's important at this point, but if you really have the time, go back to June 2019 in this thread and the Rob Pelinka, Free Agent/Kawhi thread and watch some of the media takes as well. I do not think the majority believed it was a good move.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I don't think it's important at this point, but if you really have the time, go back to June 2019 in this thread and the Rob Pelinka, Free Agent/Kawhi thread and watch some of the media takes as well. I do not think the majority believed it was a good move.

wolfpac is right. Lots of media people said we "bid against ourselves" and overpaid for a guy who wanted to come here in free agency anyway.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

FIVE YEARS!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

As far as media is concerned, those were haters lol.. Our package was garbage to them when we were trying to get a trade done.. As soon as it was completed, all of a sudden we got ripped off lol.. The only reason why they aren't hating on us as much now is because they like Bron.

But glad we agree that it was a minority point of view.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

@Landsberger.. They also thought our package was garbage before the trade lol.. They have no credibility.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
@Landsberger.. They also thought our package was garbage before the trade lol.. They have no credibility.

Absolutely. Lots of media people were dead wrong about a lot of the moves we've made these past few years. They aren't nearly as smart as they think they are.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

I always thought it was a win/win for both teams.

We got AD and a ring in YEAR 1!

Pels got an all star in BI, and Zo is still intriguing to me. They got a 4th pick and will likely have a bunch of others in the mid to late 20s. They needed to rebuild and they did.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

Good to know that we will have a MVP caliber player in his prime on this team for the next 5 years
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

This is AD's thread but we should be acknowledging Bron in it... AD isn't coming here without him.. and we don't get 5 years of AD without Bron..

I've never been a fan of Bron nor am I hater.. but he deserves the credit for this. Him alone really lol..
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
We've got five years, what a surprise
Five years, stuck on my eyes
We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot
Five years, that's all we've got

FIVE YEARS

Ong, Bowie!!! My man, I love that man. Great tune, great album.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1008, 1009, 1010 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 1009 of 1430
Jump to: