Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Hollins will be the only question mark since he wasn't permitted into the bubble.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject:

I really like Frank, one of the best coaches of the league, one of the few coaches that LeBron has respected in his career and he seems to be a pretty good guy. I don't know why the Lakers have not extended his contract yet.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

Yeah I think Steve Nash wanted Phil Handy. Phil decided to run it back with us. Good man!

danzag wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Did any of the coaching staff change?

No news. So I guess it's the same staff.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Hollins will be the only question mark since he wasn't permitted into the bubble.

Which made no sense considering they permitted Pat Riley whose about 6-7 years older than Hollins.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
Judah wrote:

Which made no sense considering they permitted Pat Riley whose about 6-7 years older than Hollins.

Maybe it had more to do with pre-existing health issues than with age.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
Judah wrote:

Maybe it had more to do with pre-existing health issues than with age.

Pat Riley sacrificed a goats and chickens down in Miami in exchange for his great health.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Deserves an extension and a pay raise. Was only the 9th highest paid coach this past year. Pay him like the championship coach he is. 7-8M. Up from 5.5M
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

10 year extension please Rob
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

No way. What if Phil Jackson wants to come back. Have to have that flexibility
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:

We tell Phil to F off. His hip was too broken down to travel 10 years ago. He is 75 years old.

F flexibility. We have the coach our Franchise player trust after winning a championship with him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:

We tell Phil to F off. His hip was too broken down to travel 10 years ago. He is 75 years old.

F flexibility. We have the coach our Franchise player trust after winning a championship with him.

Just think what Phil could do with this posse
BrokenLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:

Just think what Phil could do with this posse

Run an outdated offense and make no defensive adjustments?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject:

Why hasn't our coach gotten a raise?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject:

This thread fell to the 3rd page. We need to extend him asap. Bes t coach we have had in a very long time.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
This thread fell to the 3rd page. We need to extend him asap. Bes t coach we have had in a very long time.

I do not know about that. I love Frank and think he should be the Lakers coach for next decade. But, reality is if Lakers don't win a title with this supremely talented group, the Lakers may not extend him, and he may even become a scapegoat. That is just how the business works. You certainly will hear the media turn on him, in 6-7 months if the Lakers don't win a title. Expectations are actually a lot higher this year, than last year, which I find a bit crazy considering Bron is in year 18. Right now they're the champs and the narratives have all changed. The minute that ever changes, the tunes will as well.

Personally, I would keep him. Best coach since Phil. Good on D, smart adjustments in the playoffs, flexible with offensive schemes and players like him. The only weakness you could argue is that he can run a deep rotation, and give some players short minutes but he doesn't do that to his stars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

I do not know about that. I love Frank and think he should be the Lakers coach for next decade. But, reality is if Lakers don't win a title with this supremely talented group, the Lakers may not extend him, and he may even become a scapegoat. That is just how the business works. You certainly will hear the media turn on him, in 6-7 months if the Lakers don't win a title. Expectations are actually a lot higher this year, than last year, which I find a bit crazy considering Bron is in year 18. Right now they're the champs and the narratives have all changed. The minute that ever changes, the tunes will as well.

Personally, I would keep him. Best coach since Phil. Good on D, smart adjustments in the playoffs, flexible with offensive schemes and players like him. The only weakness you could argue is that he can run a deep rotation, and give some players short minutes but he doesn't do that to his stars.

He seems to get that modern day NBA coaching is a true partnership with the players and not a thing where you yell and scream on the sidelines like a crazy man.

His players overall play with better effort for him than most NBA coaches I would argue if you look at the entirety of his career. That alone means he is doing something right in my mind.

Uncle Frank is for real and doing a great job.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I have to say I'm impressed how this team was really defensive minded last year and now we are much more offensive minded and the transition has been seemless. Really goes to show his range/flexibility. Many coach couldn't do this transition.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It’s really just being able to just play my game and just not being kind of told and sit on, ‘You always got to be this, this or this,’” he said. “It’s kind of been the system I’ve kind of been playing in for a while. It’s got to be threes, layups or let’s get free throws. But that’s not like that over here. They play to the style of everybody’s game and we’re not looking at anybody that, ‘You have to do this, you got to do that,’ man. We play basketball over here. It’s free-flowing game.”

Trez on the Lakers.

Was saying this all last season
One of the things I love about Vogel is that he doesn’t ignore any part of the game. He isn’t biased against midrange shots post up isolation etc but also will run pace and space offense lots of transition etc etc

We won the ring last year because of that - we didn’t make AD into anything he wasn’t and we used old Bron the way his IQ and passing could be most effective.

Trez noticed that right away - he isn’t told he has to go for a layup or draw a FT every possession.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

There are three areas Coach Vogel excels in that makes him the perfect coach for now.

(1) Humility. He won't get in the way of his stars. He optimizes his relationships because of this attribute.

(2) His defensive minded approach and what he employs to execute his observations, and moves to make.

(3) A great coaching staff to balance him and through him, balance our team.

Great coach for this team.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

I forgot that Marc played most of his prime years under Hollins. I wonder if that had anything to do with us getting Marc this summer, or at the very least if we are running at least a play or two from the old Grizzlies playbook.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
There are three areas Coach Vogel excels in that makes him the perfect coach for now.

(1) Humility. He won't get in the way of his stars. He optimizes his relationships because of this attribute.

(2) His defensive minded approach and what he employs to execute his observations, and moves to make.

Indeed, Vogel is one of the most likeable guys in the NBA. And he is also a great coach, one of the few that LeBron has trully respected.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

11% say no. Grass is greener syndrome is real. If a championship banner can't do it, then there is no cure for this syndrome.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Indeed, Vogel is one of the most likeable guys in the NBA. And he is also a great coach, one of the few that LeBron has trully respected.

Contrast that to David Blatt who by all accounts is a basketball genius. After getting canned it comes out from all corners that the dude thought he could just walk onto the job and demand respect. (bleep) doesn't work that way at this level.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel said this game as much as any this year was a Laker basketball type of win.

Defense, flying out on the break, sharing the ball on offense.

“An identity win."

A good night indeed.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel said this game as much as any this year was a Laker basketball type of win.

Defense, flying out on the break, sharing the ball on offense.

“An identity win."

A good night indeed.

An identity win. What a great way to put it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 121 of 224
Jump to: