Official ALFONZO MCKINNIE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

So this kid a project (post injury or something) or no good at all/spot holder for Ariza?
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

Hope he can play with Caruso out tonight, wasted opportunity for him if he still awol.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Where he

Excused absence, per Vogel

I am going to be blunt and say this - to be clear this pure speculation on my part. I have no knowledge no one has said anything about this in media I’m purely speculating right now: I think he might be one of the players that has Covid19 right now. And teams cannot especially saying who does or who doesn’t unless the player gives consent.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Where he

I am going to be blunt and say this - to be clear this pure speculation on my part. I have no knowledge no one has said anything about this in media I’m purely speculating right now: I think he might be one of the players that has Covid19 right now. And teams cannot especially saying who does or who doesn’t unless the player gives consent.

That's pretty much everyone's first thoughts I think which is why Fisher threw out that disclaimer saying don't just assume he has Covid since the tests they are using give a false positive sometimes so it's not a certain thing.

Hopefully that's all it is because it would be nice to at least see him in a game or two this preseason.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Where he

That's pretty much everyone's first thoughts I think which is why Fisher threw out that disclaimer saying don't just assume he has Covid since the tests they are using give a false positive sometimes so it's not a certain thing.

Hopefully that's all it is because it would be nice to at least see him in a game or two this preseason.

You can also get inconclusive results..there are actually 2 parts to the COVID tests..if one of the parts is positive rather than both, its inconclusive.

It essentially means some viral DNA was detected, but it could be in very low amounts..so its presumptive positive and you are assumed to have COVID (and thus take the precautions)...but you should be retested to confirm.

This is actually what happened on Justin Turner's initial COVID test before game 7 of the world series..which later became positive

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/justin-turner-covid-positive-test-timeline-dodgers-world-series/1cebj1uhvozpi15vql8i6lsuf4
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers and Clippers personnel miss preseason game under NBA’s health protocol

Quote:
Kostas Antetokounmpo and Devontae Cacok, were not with their respective teams. All four had been at Staples Center for the teams’ preseason opener two days earlier.

In addition, Lakers forward Alfonzo McKinnie has yet to report to the team since training camp began one week ago because of an excused absence.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/story/2020-12-13/clippers-lakers-coronavirus-nba-health-protocols
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers and Clippers personnel miss preseason game under NBA’s health protocol

Quote:
Kostas Antetokounmpo and Devontae Cacok, were not with their respective teams. All four had been at Staples Center for the teams’ preseason opener two days earlier.

In addition, Lakers forward Alfonzo McKinnie has yet to report to the team since training camp began one week ago because of an excused absence.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/story/2020-12-13/clippers-lakers-coronavirus-nba-health-protocols
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
hype wrote:
TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Where he

You can also get inconclusive results..there are actually 2 parts to the COVID tests..if one of the parts is positive rather than both, its inconclusive.

It essentially means some viral DNA was detected, but it could be in very low amounts..so its presumptive positive and you are assumed to have COVID (and thus take the precautions)...but you should be retested to confirm.

This is actually what happened on Justin Turner's initial COVID test before game 7 of the world series..which later became positive

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/justin-turner-covid-positive-test-timeline-dodgers-world-series/1cebj1uhvozpi15vql8i6lsuf4

Thanks for the clarification, I remember reading about Justin Turner so that def. makes sense when you cross reference that with this. I think it was THT that even said it was kind of jarring since they were completely expected to be there but it happened just a bit before pre-game.
Lakerwayne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

So obviously hasn’t played much and was out for a little bit. Sorta curious about what he could provide if anything. Was wondering if he has any chance of helping in the playoffs a few minutes a game in certain matchups maybe against teams that have a lot of wings like the clippers or if he can stick with smaller guards sometimes
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakerwayne wrote:
So obviously hasn’t played much and was out for a little bit. Sorta curious about what he could provide if anything. Was wondering if he has any chance of helping in the playoffs a few minutes a game in certain matchups maybe against teams that have a lot of wings like the clippers or if he can stick with smaller guards sometimes

Don't see him playing any meaningful minutes in the playoffs... We are perimeter heavy and Vogel having a hard time giving minutes to everyone. I just don't see it specially when KCP and Caruso comes back.
Lakerwayne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

Don't see him playing any meaningful minutes in the playoffs... We are perimeter heavy and Vogel having a hard time giving minutes to everyone. I just don't see it specially when KCP and Caruso comes back.

Ya I agree it’s unlikely I guess I’m thinking is it in the realm of possibility like let’s say for instance the clippers roll out with something like George batum Leonard Morris ibaka or something and we want to counter with mckinnie kuzma lebron Morris ad or something even if just for 2 minutes in one playoff game or something idk or similarly 2 minutes iagainst a quick guard just for a different look of length but ya probably not.

But the only reason I would even entertain the possibility is because what makes him different from Caruso and kcp and the other guards is he has more height and length so it’s sorta different he’s a different body type so he’s a different defensive look. But different from kuz too so I guess like a Corey brewer two minutes of energy and annoyance type of thing maybe but we haven’t seen him much and I even looked up highlights but they are just dunks that doesn’t help lol so i don’t even know what he could bring even like in case of if there were injuries or something
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

Lakerwayne wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

Ya I agree it’s unlikely I guess I’m thinking is it in the realm of possibility like let’s say for instance the clippers roll out with something like George batum Leonard Morris ibaka or something and we want to counter with mckinnie kuzma lebron Morris ad or something even if just for 2 minutes in one playoff game or something idk or similarly 2 minutes iagainst a quick guard just for a different look of length but ya probably not.

But the only reason I would even entertain the possibility is because what makes him different from Caruso and kcp and the other guards is he has more height and length so it’s sorta different he’s a different body type so he’s a different defensive look. But different from kuz too so I guess like a Corey brewer two minutes of energy and annoyance type of thing maybe but we haven’t seen him much and I even looked up highlights but they are just dunks that doesn’t help lol so i don’t even know what he could bring even like in case of if there were injuries or something

He's really just a break-glass-in-case-of-emergency guy who fits in well under the hard cap because his salary is only $1.7 million.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I think it's time to give this kid a chance... KCP can use some rest. Just seems like he is hobbling every game.

McKinnie is 6'7 and suppose to be not a bad defender. During his garbage time I seen him grab rebounds, make 3s, put back dunks, and an alley oop I believe. Being short handed and with the recent shooting struggles. Let's see what the kid can do.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

So what is the deal with Zo? Is he just a trade chip or? He did good things on when he was on Golden State I liked him on Golden State. But he’s currently doing as much nothing for us as Cookie was so???
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
So what is the deal with Zo? Is he just a trade chip or? He did good things on when he was on Golden State I liked him on Golden State. But he’s currently doing as much nothing for us as Cookie was so???
he has to be better than zero points in twenty six minutes Matthew
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I’m surprised he has not earned some playing time too.

He has some skills. Not a major difference maker but solid role player that has proven he can contribute in the past.

Has there been any speculation on what he may be lacking in Vogel’s eyes to not see the floor. As mentioned, just as a change of pace instead of a struggling Matthews or due to injuries.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

He was brought here to be an extra body that may get no playing time.

They very clearly don't see anything in him outside of Garbage time. Which he's done alright in, but it is called garbage time for a reason.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him tonight to see what he can do, either as a look, show him off, or garbage time. The kid has been given no chance but is athletic & can do many things. I think Vogel needs to make a decision on his 10 man rotation?

We’ll know in next month who will be on final roster but our other guys have to step up if AD doesn’t come back at least 90%. LBJ, needs to swallow some pride & yield to Dennis running the offense & Vogel needs to insist ball movement on offense, so we knock off these ridiculous OT games...

Rob, can’t worry about keeping guys like Duds, Morris, Matthews in order to get the last two add on’s. Whiteside will not be bought out, Mamba is too young & earns bigger salary. Seems like Dedmon is the easiest get for big man. That leaves a wing 3 & D player (doubt Ariza) to get, but not sure who?
HC: Riley
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

He has some skills. Not a major difference maker but solid role player that has proven he can contribute in the past.

Has there been any speculation on what he may be lacking in Vogel’s eyes to not see the floor. As mentioned, just as a change of pace instead of a struggling Matthews or due to injuries.

We have 11 guys averaging at least 16 minutes a game. There isn't any time to give him.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

Looked pretty adequate out there. Maybe give him some of KCP and Mathew's time to see what we've got with him and see if it will snap either of them out of their funk.

KCP was on but passive. Hope its a turning point but I won't hold my breath.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

I agree. McKinnie has looked good to me every time he plays (the few times). I would like to see more of him.

Vogel sure has his favorites, whether they deserve playing time or not.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

Players need playing time to prove themselves... Matthews has been getting the bulk of McKinny's minutes keeping him grounded. It's obvious, McKinney has some upside to offer as well as length at a guard/small forward spot.

If we can trade Matthews for a Big, then McKinney can have a chance to prove himself as a player off the bench.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

I like Mckinnies game

only wing on our team capable of keeping up with Kawhi & PG13 other than LeBron from a physical stand point.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

hes basically shawn marion
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: