Can we extend THT before the season starts ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
hype wrote:
I'd say there's pretty much zero chance he accepts any small contract offers right now when his stock is flying through the roof. Considering his age and overall game being a fantastic compliment to Lebron for the next couple years if he at all even remotely plays like he has shown all during the bubble and in the pre-season so far he'll be kept regardless after this season.

The biggest concern is who do we lose if a big raise is necessary but that's a great problem to have which I will not complain about at all if it does come to that!

We can't offer him too much because we're paying Luol Deng 5 million this year and next year for all the superb play he gave us. Much like Steve Nash, Deng was a Laker legend and deserves to be paid that much post career. Was so sad to see him go, but he was a superstar trade chip that we had to use back then. Nash and Deng lead us to the promised land. And Mozgov was another huge signing by Mitch. I'm proud that we're still paying Deng this year and next because it's like he's still a part of us in some way. We still get to have and hold his memory. Luol, we miss you, (crying). Mitch Kupchak, THANK YOU for the Nash, Mozgov, and Deng maneuvers! You were the best, Magic was totally crazy for firing Mitch and installing Pelinka. We've gone to sh ever since. And I HATE that we gave up almost every one of the youth movement for Bron and AD. We completely hit the dumps with those trades and cuttings.

But Deng's contract won't matter next year as we will not be hardcapped.

What?! NOOO! I want Luol to continue to have SOME kind of impact on the squad, even if it's a negative impact. And I definitely want to continue to believe that Kuzma will become a different player every offseason just for him to return the same exact player every time! We must let that go on for at least a dozen more years.

Hey, if you wake up every morning and pound your face into the wall for five minutes because you're still upset over Luke Walton's contract, you go right ahead and do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: