Lakers 2020-21 Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I definitely think Lebron should not play a single minute of preseason.

u didn't see how the NFL players were getting injured with no preseason and no training? there is no need to hurry back anybody.

what's the point here?

Yes.

If the Lakers make it to the playoffs healthy and whole, as described by Vogel, I like their chances to repeat. This year's Lakers team is a high IQ group whose talents will shine in the playoffs. If they go into the playoffs injury-free, they will be competing for a championship regardless of their seeding.

exactly. all the players added are pros: Wes, Marc, Dennis and Trez.

we have 72 games and 1st part of playoffs to gel. I dont want to see any injuries

I don't want to see any injuries (or covid) either, but the other side of the argument is that if they don't play any preseason games, their chances of getting injured go up.

Like I said, LeBron doesn't need to play much in the preseason. Play and develop chemistry with Dennis, Trez, Wes, Gasol, but take it easy.

NBA should switch to viral load testing for players. If that's positive then you know they're contagious.

This PCR test has so many flaws and can be positive for up to 12 weeks following the end of an infection. They're such a mess.

If the goal is safety they should use the most accurate test. Just my 2 cents.

#BannersOverBillboards
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Looking forward to dat THT action.

Kaboom
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Training Camp: Anthony Davis (12/8/20)

https://www.nba.com/lakers/video/teams/lakers/2020/12/08/3479086/1607464568553-201208postpracticeanthonydavis-3479086
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Lakers coach Frank Vogel said it’s probably unlikely LeBron James and Anthony Davis play in first preseason game Friday against the Clippers.

I don't like that. With so many new players on the team, they need to learn how to play with LeBron and AD.

u want the guy going into 18th season to play a playoff game? come on man

they have 72 games + playoffs to figure playing together

Do you really think it's a good idea for LeBron to sit out all 4 preseason games? All he needs to do is play like 20 minutes in each game.

Plus, why does AD need "load management?" He's only 27.

Zero reason for either to play a single PS second.

They should play diminished minutes into Feb. The roster is fine to cover them. DS and Trez can make up the difference. No problem with them missing occasional games either.

Our goal is to win 16 in the POs. That's it.

I definitely agree with reduced minutes for LeBron. Looks like our schedule is pretty easy in Jan until that long road trip, so maybe keep LeBron to like 25 minutes during that time. There are also a few games in Feb where we can get away with that too.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Man this offseason was serious so short...

Does anybody know if they will be doing media day photos and interviews? I always look forward to those. Or is that just going to be canceled this year?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Man this offseason was serious so short...

Does anybody know if they will be doing media day photos and interviews? I always look forward to those. Or is that just going to be canceled this year?

Something like that happened Tuesday. I saw images of the guys taking their uniform photos on the Lakers Twitter feed

Https://twitter.com/Lakers
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

u didn't see how the NFL players were getting injured with no preseason and no training? there is no need to hurry back anybody.

what's the point here?

Yes.

If the Lakers make it to the playoffs healthy and whole, as described by Vogel, I like their chances to repeat. This year's Lakers team is a high IQ group whose talents will shine in the playoffs. If they go into the playoffs injury-free, they will be competing for a championship regardless of their seeding.

we have 72 games and 1st part of playoffs to gel. I dont want to see any injuries

I don't want to see any injuries (or covid) either, but the other side of the argument is that if they don't play any preseason games, their chances of getting injured go up.

Like I said, LeBron doesn't need to play much in the preseason. Play and develop chemistry with Dennis, Trez, Wes, Gasol, but take it easy.

NBA should switch to viral load testing for players. If that's positive then you know they're contagious.

This PCR test has so many flaws and can be positive for up to 12 weeks following the end of an infection. They're such a mess.

I taught the NBA is using a saliva based rapid Covid-19 tests (see below)?

If not, this make the most sense. Although the tests is more inaccurate than the PCR tests, it gives results quickly.

This is very important because the PCR tests takes on average 2 days to get results..in those 2 days a very contagious person can pass on the virus to others..

And once the person is positive, they have to contact close contacts and have them quarantine and/or test..which is another 2 days to get results..that is 4 total days for the virus to keep transmitting. And with every person down the line the virus transmits too, you get further and further behind the virus with 2 day results..

this is in my opinion one reason why the surges keep happening despite all the testing.

A rapid test avoids all this.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/15/21370153/covid-saliva-test-authorization-fda-nba-yale
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject:

You do not want Lebron and AD skipping too much time, as it would hurt team chemistry. I think their minutes should be monitored and you have to give them maybe a game off every now and then and definitely watch their game to game minutes. However with new teammates and all that, the most important thing is team chemistry coming in right from the get go and guys knowing their role. You do not want the pecking order being messed up too much, as it would hurt you later on.

AD, Bron have to establish how the team will play and it has to be by example in games. Some preseason games, would be useful in this regard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

what's the point here?

Yes.

If not, this make the most sense. Although the tests is more inaccurate than the PCR tests, it gives results quickly.

This is very important because the PCR tests takes on average 2 days to get results..in those 2 days a very contagious person can pass on the virus to others..

And once the person is positive, they have to contact close contacts and have them quarantine and/or test..which is another 2 days to get results..that is 4 total days for the virus to keep transmitting. And with every person down the line the virus transmits too, you get further and further behind the virus with 2 day results..

this is in my opinion one reason why the surges keep happening despite all the testing.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/15/21370153/covid-saliva-test-authorization-fda-nba-yale

Sadly the Rapid Saliva is even less reliable than the current PCR and neither can be used to confirm an active infection.

What most people don't realize during this rise that began in October is that more than half of these 'new' cases are not test confirmed. They are due to epidemiologic linkage (Contact Tracing).

What most people don't realize sadly, is that thanks to the CDC's adoption of the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) position paper...there is no way to ensure that that same person isn't being counted multiple times as a new case each time.

So with that in mind I want the Gold Standard in medicine to determine who is actually contagious.

1. Symptoms
2. Positive Viral Load Test
3. IgM & IgG Antibody Test

This is how we've diagnosed people with suspected viral infections for decades and it's definitive.

According to the CDC a person can test positive for up to 12 weeks following an infection even though they are no longer contagious if they use the PCR test. It was never designed to be a 'gold standard'. So as long as we keep depending upon it and rapid saliva testings, we're going to be limited by their inaccuracy.

Maybe I'm cray cray, but to get to a solution we need an accurate look at who's actually sick. Flawed tests and contact tracing just have too many statistical problems imo.

This was concerning for me and there's a bunch more like this. This whole thing is an absolute medical CF at this point. My heart goes out to everyone suffering right now.

"Although replication-competent virus was not isolated 3 weeks after symptom onset, recovered patients can continue to have SARS-CoV-2 RNA detected in their upper respiratory specimens for up to 12 weeks (Korea CDC, 2020; Li et al., 2020; Xiao et al, 2020). Investigation of 285 “persistently positive” persons, which included 126 persons who had developed recurrent symptoms, found no secondary infections among 790 contacts attributable to contact with these case patients. Efforts to isolate replication-competent virus from 108 of these case patients were unsuccessful (Korea CDC, 2020)."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/duration-isolation.html

And just an aside...I do come here to get away from all of this so this will be my last post on this. I shouldn't have commented on this in the first place. My apologies.

#BannersOverBillboards
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

what's the point here?

Yes.

Sadly the Rapid Saliva is even less reliable than the current PCR and neither can be used to confirm an active infection.

What most people don't realize during this rise that began in October is that more than half of these 'new' cases are not test confirmed. They are due to epidemiologic linkage (Contact Tracing).

What most people don't realize sadly, is that thanks to the CDC's adoption of the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) position paper...there is no way to ensure that that same person isn't being counted multiple times as a new case each time.

So with that in mind I want the Gold Standard in medicine to determine who is actually contagious.

1. Symptoms

This is how we've diagnosed people with suspected viral infections for decades and it's definitive.

According to the CDC a person can test positive for up to 12 weeks following an infection even though they are no longer contagious if they use the PCR test. It was never designed to be a 'gold standard'. So as long as we keep depending upon it and rapid saliva testings, we're going to be limited by their inaccuracy.

Maybe I'm cray cray, but to get to a solution we need an accurate look at who's actually sick. Flawed tests and contact tracing just have too many statistical problems imo.

This was concerning for me and there's a bunch more like this. This whole thing is an absolute medical CF at this point. My heart goes out to everyone suffering right now.

"Although replication-competent virus was not isolated 3 weeks after symptom onset, recovered patients can continue to have SARS-CoV-2 RNA detected in their upper respiratory specimens for up to 12 weeks (Korea CDC, 2020; Li et al., 2020; Xiao et al, 2020). Investigation of 285 “persistently positive” persons, which included 126 persons who had developed recurrent symptoms, found no secondary infections among 790 contacts attributable to contact with these case patients. Efforts to isolate replication-competent virus from 108 of these case patients were unsuccessful (Korea CDC, 2020)."

And just an aside...I do come here to get away from all of this so this will be my last post on this. I shouldn't have commented on this in the first place. My apologies.

Good deal Cervantes completely respect your opinion and taughts. No need to Apologize. Keep Safe.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:56 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

what's the point here?

Yes.

1. Symptoms

Please don’t apologize for providing this kind of information
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Lakers coach Frank Vogel said it’s probably unlikely LeBron James and Anthony Davis play in first preseason game Friday against the Clippers.

I don't like that. With so many new players on the team, they need to learn how to play with LeBron and AD.

u want the guy going into 18th season to play a playoff game? come on man

they have 72 games + playoffs to figure playing together

Do you really think it's a good idea for LeBron to sit out all 4 preseason games? All he needs to do is play like 20 minutes in each game.

Plus, why does AD need "load management?" He's only 27.

Zero reason for either to play a single PS second.

They should play diminished minutes into Feb. The roster is fine to cover them. DS and Trez can make up the difference. No problem with them missing occasional games either.

Our goal is to win 16 in the POs. That's it.

Yeah this team would be in 1st/2nd place even with AD and LeBron playing sparingly. There is not a team out there who can challenge them. They will have a few off nights but regardless of who is playing, the Lakers should be the favorite in every game this season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers may be a bit shorthanded during training camp
Why did Kyle Kuzma play 38 minutes for the Lakers in a preseason game? It’s complicated.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/12/22171832/lakers-training-camp-roster-rumors-shorthanded-exhibit-10-players-not-signed
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

Everyone the Lakers signed (and cut) in training camp so far

Quote:
The Lakers cut the following three players on Dec. 14.

Tres Tinkle — Exhibit 10 contract (non-guaranteed)
Zavier Simpson — Unknown, likely Exhibit 10 contract or camp deal
Kevon Harris — Unknown, likely Exhibit 10 contract or camp deal

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/11/28/21723924/nba-rumors-lakers-training-camp-free-agency-signings-roster-spots
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

It seems like we're actually going to use our 2-way guys this year as big league roster depth. Is Kostas maybe our 3rd string center?

Gasol and AD are the only "true" centers on the roster, but I'm guessing AD will continue to not play the position in the regular season. So really, when healthy, we'll have 15-25 minutes of Marc Gasol manning the middle in a more traditional role. Otherwise, we're rolling with Trezz or Kieff as our "center," and living with the defensive downside. Seems fine. But, if Gasol gets injured, I'm wondering if Kostas can be our poor man's JaVale ...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
It seems like we're actually going to use our 2-way guys this year as big league roster depth. Is Kostas maybe our 3rd string center?

Gasol and AD are the only "true" centers on the roster, but I'm guessing AD will continue to not play the position in the regular season. So really, when healthy, we'll have 15-25 minutes of Marc Gasol manning the middle in a more traditional role. Otherwise, we're rolling with Trezz or Kieff as our "center," and living with the defensive downside. Seems fine. But, if Gasol gets injured, I'm wondering if Kostas can be our poor man's JaVale ...

Probably not this season; he has a ton of work to do before he becomes an actual NBA regular. We could pick up a better player for the vet minimum, or Cacok if needed. However if Kostas is our 3rd team center, he could do no worse than Sacre.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Probably not this season; he has a ton of work to do before he becomes an actual NBA regular. We could pick up a better player for the vet minimum, or Cacok if needed. However if Kostas is our 3rd team center, he could do no worse than Sacre.

Cacock, like Trezz and Kieff, is only 6'8" ... which is why I was wondering about Kostas, who's 6'10", as a possible 5. I'm guessing we guarantee Cook with our 14th spot, which means that our 15th spot is the only option for a Vet Min and that won't be available until mid-season, because we're hard-capped. So if Gasol gets injured in the opener and needs to miss two weeks, our available centers are AD, Trezz and Kieff and possibly Kostas. Does Kostas bring something different enough than Cacock/Trezz to actually be useful for 10-15 MPG if Gasol is out? That's my question.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Cacock, like Trezz and Kieff, is only 6'8" ... which is why I was wondering about Kostas, who's 6'10", as a possible 5. I'm guessing we guarantee Cook with our 14th spot, which means that our 15th spot is the only option for a Vet Min and that won't be available until mid-season, because we're hard-capped. So if Gasol gets injured in the opener and needs to miss two weeks, our available centers are AD, Trezz and Kieff and possibly Kostas. Does Kostas bring something different enough than Cacock/Trezz to actually be useful for 10-15 MPG if Gasol is out? That's my question.

IMO, not really, his game is still very raw. But, on the other hand, 10-15 minutes per game would speed along his development. IMO Kostas is still a project while Cacok and THT were, by far, the more seasoned players on the SBLakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: