Would You trade for Harden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would You trade for Harden?
Yes
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
No
81%
 81%  [ 79 ]
Total Votes : 97

fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

He's a technical genius on offense regardless of the treatment he gets from the refs. Give me 9 of 10 from the line, improved efficiency with less touches and remember with his skill his game will age well.

We could actually lose DS and Harrell in a year, but the biggest reason you make the move is why they landed Harrell. You keep him away from a contender, he's that much of a game changer. I love LA's young supporting cast and can't stand Harden's antics, but LA is that deep and 3 "prime" HOFs = rings
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

No. We are the heavy favorites and are the deepest team in the league.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

For all the people saying no, Reality is Rockets laugh you off the phone if you send them that offer.

Just another example of fans overrating players.

Also when you consider contracts, Schroder and Harrell will be free agents in the offseason and with Kuzma's and KCP's contract we don't have room to sign anyone.

are only hope going forward is to keep everyone on the team until Lebron Retires which will be hard to do anyways.

as much as I love THT he wont hit his full potential for a couple years
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
He's a technical genius on offense regardless of the treatment he gets from the refs. Give me 9 of 10 from the line, improved efficiency with less touches and remember with his skill his game will age well.

We could actually lose DS and Harrell in a year, but the biggest reason you make the move is why they landed Harrell. You keep him away from a contender, he's that much of a game changer. I love LA's young supporting cast and can't stand Harden's antics, but LA is that deep and 3 "prime" HOFs = rings

We havent seen him being a 3rd option. Bron is ball handler and ad proved to be too much for opponents. As historic as everyone says he is, he hasn’t gotten over the hump with some pretty talented teams. Plus you notice good players tend to leave him. I would rather a shot blocker and health
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Harden does not add franchise player value to a team with two of them that he would not mesh with on or off court. He’s certainly worth the price if you’re a team without those two, but even then you’re gambling on a guy who is looking less and less like a title asset and more and more like a franchise player for a franchise that isn’t going to climb to the top of the mountain. I admit he could still prove me wrong, but I’d rather have the depth and fit (handpicked by Bron and AD and Klutch) of the lesser players since we already have the top guys.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

If Harden is 3 years younger then I’d say go for it. We have 2 superstars, but one is 36 and the other is an injury waiting to happen. We need that 3rd piece for now and for years after LeBron retires. With Giannis off the market, Harden is the best there is. But his age turned me off.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
For all the people saying no, Reality is Rockets laugh you off the phone if you send them that offer.

Also when you consider contracts, Schroder and Harrell will be free agents in the offseason and with Kuzma's and KCP's contract we don't have room to sign anyone.

are only hope going forward is to keep everyone on the team until Lebron Retires which will be hard to do anyways.

Why does being opposed to gutting our depth equals overrating our own players? This offer is actually unlike the offer sent for AD. You were dealing future production for AD. Harrell and Dennis are arguably better than any of the guys we gave up for AD at that time. We are getting production NOW from 27 yr old vets entering their primes. BI wasn't the BI you see now. Kuzma is actually better than the Kuzma that somehow escaped that AD trade, and THT has a lot of potential. There is a real argument for saying NO here, other than overrating our own players because of some future production we might get. The production isn't hypothetical as in the case of Zo, BI and Hart, and draft picks. They are producing right now.

I mean I wouldn't hate it, but I don't care for it either. I'll keep this team as is.

Last edited by Runway8 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:

It's not a matter of us overvaluing our squad. It's really about him as an individual.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:

It's not a matter of us overvaluing our squad. It's really about him as an individual.

And there's that. He might COVID up our roster with all his rapper parties.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Its an intriguing question with no wrong answer IMO. It would cost you your three biggest non-AD/Bron salaries (Schroeder, Harrell and Pope), likely plus assets (THT, Pick). But Harden is an all-time offensive great who is a better defender than he’s credited as.

If Rob decided to go for it, I’d be fine with it. Pelinka was Harden’s agent, so you figure he knows what he was getting. Plus, for as bad as Harden has been pairing with “stars”, LeBron is a guy I could see him falling in line under. You still have a squad with Gasol, Kuzma, Morris, Caruso and Matthews. No question you would get one or two buyout guys.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

There’s definitely a wrong answer, although I grant you’d have to see it play out to know for sure. But this is a title team that got better and by a larger margin than its contending rivals. And they did it in conjunction with Bron, AD, and their agency. Lots more involved than will this star fit under the trade rules and is he better than the collection traded for him for this team at this time. Short of Klutch pushing it, I wouldn’t go anywhere near Harden. It’s moot of course because Houston wouldn’t do that deal either...
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

That would be giving up too much. Lakers have a championship squad right now without locker room issues. And of the players you'd be trading away there you'd be getting older.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, considering we've just blown out two teams by 25+, I don't think our team needs any more "talent" but we'll take a rain check on him. Maybe he could play out his contract and sign with us for a deep discount in a couple of years? The Los Angeles Ringmaker store is always open. Come get your rings.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
There’s definitely a wrong answer, although I grant you’d have to see it play out to know for sure. But this is a title team that got better and by a larger margin than its contending rivals. And they did it in conjunction with Bron, AD, and their agency. Lots more involved than will this star fit under the trade rules and is he better than the collection traded for him for this team at this time. Short of Klutch pushing it, I wouldn’t go anywhere near Harden. It’s moot of course because Houston wouldn’t do that deal either...

Totally fair. This isn't fantasy GMing. The people involved matter and there is even a basketball rationale to make against such a move. Since the "safe" move leaves you as the title favorite, that's probably the right one. It's also overwhelmingly unlikely to happen so this of course is just good internet banter.

My thinking is that in the unlikely event those in power (including our stars) were interested in such a move, you could make a case this opportunity rarely if ever comes up. Of course Harden has warts. If he didn't, you couldn't get him. To me, he's a true MVP caliber, top 10 talent. He's just been enabled in Houston, which would have to be nipped in the bud were he to come to LA. But put him on this squad and you have the two, and sometimes three, best players on the court in any given game.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

We don't lose this game against Portland if we had Harden and we will have games like this in the playoffs too.

The Whole is greater than the sum of parts like Aristotle said

would rather have a dollar bill or loose change

This League is a Star's League and you want to get as many of them as you can

Can you imagine the Lebron-AD pick and roll with Harden in the corner?

or the Harden-AD pick and roll with Lebron in the cutting for easy dunks?

We would put away teams in the first quarter and have Duds, Cook, and Kostas by the 4th.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

harden? wtf

we may be the last team on the Houston rockets list of trade partners lol
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
I would also love to hear Dreamshake's take on this and reaction to the people saying no

My reaction would be the same one as the Rockets front office.

Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
We havent seen him being a 3rd option.

Yes we did. He went to the Finals in that exact role.

Halflife wrote:
As historic as everyone says he is, he hasn’t gotten over the hump with some pretty talented teams.

The only player to get over the hump vs a healthy GS was LeBron. His team was clearly not as talented as the GS and Laker champion teams he lost to, and CP3 missed the last two games vs one of those GS teams (the KD version that no one got over the hump with).

No one is historic over the last half decade if the rubric is beating those teams. That's like saying no one got over the hump with talented teams from 1991 - 1998. You couldn't beat Jordan or Dream so you're garbage. GS ran through the entire league. Then y'all with LeBron/AD. You wanna knock someone for not beating those teams with less talent. Ok....
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
100%. But would the Rockets? Nope.

ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
So Schroeder, Trez, Kuzma, and THT for Harden. That's too much. Besides, I don't think the salary match up. Harden's getting paid 41 mill.

Harrell is likely only here for this year, will probably decline the second year option and head to free agency at the end of the year. Schroeder is also an UFA so Rockets would say no since it's really Harden for Kuz and THT with one year rentals of Harrell and Schroeder.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

We havent seen him being a 3rd option. Bron is ball handler and ad proved to be too much for opponents. As historic as everyone says he is, he hasn’t gotten over the hump with some pretty talented teams. Plus you notice good players tend to leave him. I would rather a shot blocker and health

We have. It was OKC.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

We're looking for a guard that can be a reliable third scoring option and eventually take over alongside Anthony Davis when LeBron James potentially leaves in three years.

James Harden is a high usage, ball dominant, first option that will be at least 34 years old by the time James leaves.

I'd rather pursue Bradley Beal or Zach LaVine with our assets.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

We need to keep a eye on Zach LaVine, the Bulls have been a major disappointment so far despite the fact that they have a new coach and the new FO regime, LaVine is the guy we need to target.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Halflife wrote:
We havent seen him being a 3rd option.

Yes we did. He went to the Finals in that exact role.

Halflife wrote:
As historic as everyone says he is, he hasn’t gotten over the hump with some pretty talented teams.

The only player to get over the hump vs a healthy GS was LeBron. His team was clearly not as talented as the GS and Laker champion teams he lost to, and CP3 missed the last two games vs one of those GS teams (the KD version that no one got over the hump with).

No one is historic over the last half decade if the rubric is beating those teams. That's like saying no one got over the hump with talented teams from 1991 - 1998. You couldn't beat Jordan or Dream so you're garbage. GS ran through the entire league. Then y'all with LeBron/AD. You wanna knock someone for not beating those teams with less talent. Ok....

So. You want to go back in a time machine when he was 6th man? Yea. Ok.

Harden has had stacked teams some of which were favored and when he was called on he bricked.

Now some want to trade for a teammate killer.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We need to keep a eye on Zach LaVine, the Bulls have been a major disappointment so far despite the fact that they have a new coach and the new FO regime, LaVine is the guy we need to target.

Hey if THT balls out enough you gotta wonder if THT and kuzma get it done

And if it does is THT worth giving up when he’s so young

Will THT end up better than Lavine? It’s hard to tell

THT isn’t the athlete Lavine is but THT looks on par in terms of effectiveness at the same age

Sure Lavine obviously averaged more but he was also in worse teams with more minutes

Scouts already believe ThT could average 20

It’s a strange quandary because what does Lavine add to this team at this point? I’m not sure scoring is an issue with schroder and Harrell

And I was a huge proponent of Lavine pre-free agency
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: