where would THT have gone in this draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I thought we struck gold with THT but then Trent makes THT look like a bad pick. Trent #37, THT #46.

THT is still learning to defend, and Trent Jr. is way ahead in shooting (41% 3's on 4.4 shots last year). Both are nowhere near their potential so we have to wait and see where they end up. In my opinion THT will go mostly where his defense takes him, the offensive aspects of his game are a nice surprise, but don't look to be career-defining.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
I thought we struck gold with THT but then Trent makes THT look like a bad pick. Trent #37, THT #46.

THT is still learning to defend, and Trent Jr. is way ahead in shooting (41% 3's on 4.4 shots last year). Both are nowhere near their potential so we have to wait and see where they end up. In my opinion THT will go mostly where his defense takes him, the offensive aspects of his game are a nice surprise, but don't look to be career-defining.

It's because Trent does 1 thing on offense while THT does everything else.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

It's because Trent does 1 thing on offense while THT does everything else.

Also Trent is almost two years older than THT, and this has to be the best game of his career. Let's see what kind of numbers THT can put up in two years.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
So what? THT has now played 147 minutes in his NBA career. Herro has played more than ten times that many minutes and is now starting. I hope that THT lives up to your expectations. That would be great for us. But until he actually starts to do it, it’s just a hope.

Easier for a guy to a job focusing on one skill and the team helping out with the rest, as opposed to the guy expanding on his skill levels to do multiple things on the floor.

Hence, the minutes disparity.

Big difference between project type players and guys perceived as ready contributors.

Sure. Project type players are just that: projects. Sometimes the project is more successful than other times. THT has shown flashes. I’m pulling for him. But man, someone in another thread hit the nail on the head when he said that he was waiting for a THT vs. Kobe thread.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

^It ain't me. Doesn't mean I don't think LAL fans shouldn't be excited over a young player.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
One NBA scout thinks Talen Horton-Tucker would average 20 points per game on a team that isn’t the Lakers

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/28/22203159/lakers-rumors-talen-horton-tucker-average-20-on-another-team-nba-scout

"On a crap team like OKC or Charlotte. "
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: