The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1511, 1512, 1513 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Lebron could have had a career in the WWE.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1345244074975047680

It would have been crazy if he made that dunk. Crazy for a 36yrs old.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Lebron trollin AD about his Jab step

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJhnmRNlIiV/?igshid=mutjrh8h9wxi

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJhm_GlhJ-0/?igshid=94rsuj0r4vfp
JaggedJimmyJay1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:14 am    Post subject:

Taking a look at LeBron's silent GOAT chase...

...of Kareem.

38,387 points for Kareem.

34,384 currently for LeBron, or 4,003 behind.

Let's say he averages 24.0 ppg this season (currently 23.8) and misses 10 games. Then over the next two seasons, his scoring drops all the way to 20.0 ppg, missing 20 games over both seasons.

If my math is right, that'd put him at 38,648, presumably passing Kareem in the third or fourth quarter of the 2022-23 season at age 39.

Obviously any significant injury derails this math and quite possibly derails LeBron's chances at catching Kareem. If he plays beyond 40 though, he is probably going to waste 40,000. #1 and #2 all-time would have very comfortable leads over everyone else, both getting there as Lakers.

For Laker fans, the ultimate legacy prize is titles. And that's definitely LeBron's focus. For his GOAT claims though, at least among folks willing to give him a chance in that discussion, I think 'all-time leading scorer' might be even more valuable.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject:

JaggedJimmyJay1 wrote:
Taking a look at LeBron's silent GOAT chase...

...of Kareem.

38,387 points for Kareem.

34,384 currently for LeBron, or 4,003 behind.

Let's say he averages 24.0 ppg this season (currently 23.8) and misses 10 games. Then over the next two seasons, his scoring drops all the way to 20.0 ppg, missing 20 games over both seasons.

If my math is right, that'd put him at 38,648, presumably passing Kareem in the third or fourth quarter of the 2022-23 season at age 39.

Obviously any significant injury derails this math and quite possibly derails LeBron's chances at catching Kareem. If he plays beyond 40 though, he is probably going to waste 40,000. #1 and #2 all-time would have very comfortable leads over everyone else, both getting there as Lakers.

For Laker fans, the ultimate legacy prize is titles. And that's definitely LeBron's focus. For his GOAT claims though, at least among folks willing to give him a chance in that discussion, I think 'all-time leading scorer' might be even more valuable.

Reasonable people can disagree about how it affects his GOAT case, but I think at the very least it will establish him as having the greatest career.

It's something he doesn't talk about, but we all know it's at the front of his mind. He has steadily increased the number of threes/per game, allowing him to both save his legs and maintain a solid scoring average.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Did not like some of the 4th quarter settling, but he often does that in the RS, and picks up the aggression in big games. Anytime we have that Lebron offense going in the 4th, the moment he drives into the paint, his court vision and late passing instincts allow him to see plays and find open shots with so much ease. So when he settles for those long ball 3s it is a tough to watch.

Even then, that was a heck of a game, despite the shooting. I thought Bron played a really solid game. One of his Bron MVP level games. Same for AD. They carried the team.

Man, when you spread the floor around Bron with some capable shooters like AD, Dennis, Kieff, Wesley, KCP etc. that Lebron offense in the 4th, game management, etc. it is just maybe the best closing you see in the league.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LeBron 5 points at halftime, finished the game with 26 points, good defense, clutch shots!

MVP.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

He should’ve gone to the foul line at least 4x from all the obvious non-calls.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
LeBron 5 points at halftime, finished the game with 26 points, good defense, clutch shots!

MVP.

Still the baddest MFing Basketball player on the planet.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
He should’ve gone to the foul line at least 4x from all the obvious non-calls.

They're saving them to give to Harden. Or maybe even Trae Young.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

This day in lakers history nick the quick had 23 assists
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Did not like some of the 4th quarter settling, but he often does that in the RS, and picks up the aggression in big games. Anytime we have that Lebron offense going in the 4th, the moment he drives into the paint, his court vision and late passing instincts allow him to see plays and find open shots with so much ease. So when he settles for those long ball 3s it is a tough to watch.

Even then, that was a heck of a game, despite the shooting. I thought Bron played a really solid game. One of his Bron MVP level games. Same for AD. They carried the team.

Man, when you spread the floor around Bron with some capable shooters like AD, Dennis, Kieff, Wesley, KCP etc. that Lebron offense in the 4th, game management, etc. it is just maybe the best closing you see in the league.

Thinking he uses the long 3s to preserve his body since he has been getting mugged in the paint often with no calls this year (and every year he's been a Laker).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, no doubt Bron picks his spots, When he was in the playoffs, he was much more aggressive. He has to manage the season and then be fresh for the playoffs. That is why I actually think the "Magic" role the Lakers have for him, is far better suited for him than the role he has previously with Cavs/Heat, It is actually a lot less taxing on his body to be the PG out there, and make plays using IQ and great passing skills. He plays 60-70% of his game on the perimeter with 3 balls, a few dribbles and shoot, a few dribbles pass, or just quick pass immediately. It's easy high impact without hurting the body.

And I still can't believe in 2019 fans wanted this dude traded for Ben Simmons. Simmons is a very good 2-way player, but having a roster full of guys like that without that p[layer who leads you to the end is pointless. Lebron is that player who leads your team, and we were very fortunate he chose to make movies in LA and was a Laker fan growing up, as that is definitely part of why he wanted to lead the Lakers back to the title picture. I was not a Lebron guy ever, but he has grown on me big time and I see him as a Laker great, and I even look forward to seeing "old" Bron close his career out on a very good team, even if it means likely that when Bron is no longer the best player in the playoffs, we likely are going to come up short.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yeah, no doubt Bron picks his spots, When he was in the playoffs, he was much more aggressive. He has to manage the season and then be fresh for the playoffs. That is why I actually think the "Magic" role the Lakers have for him, is far better suited for him than the role he has previously with Cavs/Heat, It is actually a lot less taxing on his body to be the PG out there, and make plays using IQ and great passing skills. He plays 60-70% of his game on the perimeter with 3 balls, a few dribbles and shoot, a few dribbles pass, or just quick pass immediately. It's easy high impact without hurting the body.

And I still can't believe in 2019 fans wanted this dude traded for Ben Simmons. Simmons is a very good 2-way player, but having a roster full of guys like that without that p[layer who leads you to the end is pointless. Lebron is that player who leads your team, and we were very fortunate he chose to make movies in LA and was a Laker fan growing up, as that is definitely part of why he wanted to lead the Lakers back to the title picture. I was not a Lebron guy ever, but he has grown on me big time and I see him as a Laker great, and I even look forward to seeing "old" Bron close his career out on a very good team, even if it means likely that when Bron is no longer the best player in the playoffs, we likely are going to come up short.

Agree wolf.

I was a straight LeBron hater up until I learned about his iPromise foundation and watched his come back from down 3-1. Then my objective side kicked in and was like, 'if you hatin' on this brotha then you the damn problem not him.'

That he chose to come here when we had NOTHING and 2 years later he's the champ again told me all I need to know about him as a competitor.

Kobe endorsed him. He knows Laker history in depth. Jeannie loves him. And he won a ring for us to tie Foston.

Laker for Life in my book.

#BannersOverBillboards
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Well said
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Agree wolf.

I was a straight LeBron hater up until I learned about his iPromise foundation and watched his come back from down 3-1. Then my objective side kicked in and was like, 'if you hatin' on this brotha then you the damn problem not him.'

That he chose to come here when we had NOTHING and 2 years later he's the champ again told me all I need to know about him as a competitor.

Kobe endorsed him. He knows Laker history in depth. Jeannie loves him. And he won a ring for us to tie Foston.

Laker for Life in my book.

Agree with both of you, and i hated LeBron for his entire career before he became a Laker. Tough to argue against the results now though, and he's definitely made me a believer. The heart and confidence he's shown in his Laker run is truly remarkable.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject:

lebron played awful defense on the temple 3, settled for and missed a 3 of his own, followed it up and basically gave them a transition layup, missed a bunny at the rim

and all of that might not matter cause he just bullied his way through the bulls entire defense lol

https://twitter.com/HoniAhm/status/1347776293010513920

Dunno how to feel about that LOL
ffsrofll333
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Great game from lebron. Anyone know what shoe he wore yesterday?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Tonight he looked like a player who has been logging too many minutes.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Outside of the turnaround fadeaways, he's just really struggled with his shot. Being a streaky shooter and an older player more likely to settle, he'll have a ton of variance in scoring.

I'll take the 2 turnovers on 7 assists though.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Outside of the turnaround fadeaways, he's just really struggled with his shot. Being a streaky shooter and an older player more likely to settle, he'll have a ton of variance in scoring.

I'll take the 2 turnovers on 7 assists though.

Yeah he’s fine. All I’m saying is you can tell when he’s playing too many minutes. Even Vogel sensed it and took him out when the lead was even down to 11.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Peripheral vision is insane...
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Peripheral vision is insane...

Unbelievably insane
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

He's a pretty good passer:

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GSWReddit/status/1348725725075890176

How excited should we be that LeBron is #1 on that list? Also it’s good to see Wiggins committing on defense this year he will never reach his true potential but he’s turning into a reliable player.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Play for the game.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1349171554362425344?s=21
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1511, 1512, 1513 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1512 of 2079
Jump to: