General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 488, 489, 490 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

If you want to watch Alvarez vs Smith, you may have to have DAZN. It's a DAZN exclusive. I believe some IPTV will have it.

I'm going out on a limb and give Smith a shot. He has the equipment, 6'3" height, and 8" reach advantage, he has to use it. He has to keep Canelo at the end of his jab, he has a good one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If you want to watch Alvarez vs Smith, you may have to have DAZN. It's a DAZN exclusive. I believe some IPTV will have it.

I'm going out on a limb and give Smith a shot. He has the equipment, 6'3" height, and 8" reach advantage, he has to use it. He has to keep Canelo at the end of his jab, he has a good one.

The height and reach discrepancy looks insane side by side but we all know the salmon gonna chop that tree down, no chance for smith
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The height and reach discrepancy looks insane side by side but we all know the salmon gonna chop that tree down, no chance for smith

I give Canelo the weight advantage. When he rehydrates he'll probably come in around 180 maybe more. An upset wouldn't surprise me.

Canelo won going away. Have to give Smith his props he stood in with him. I didn't like the DAZN announcer. He was pro Saul all the way.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Canelo's performance, like GGG's on Friday, was expected. When elite fighters are matched up against bums/scrubs, you already know what the result is going to be.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Canelo's performance, like GGG's on Friday, was expected. When elite fighters are matched up against bums/scrubs, you already know what the result is going to be.

Until Saul fights someone like Charlo I'll not give him the props I gave him when he started his career.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Until Saul fights someone like Charlo I'll not give him the props I gave him when he started his career.

u forgot GGG?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

u forgot GGG?

No, I didn't. He's already fought GGG twice. Jermall would be new blood on Saul's gloves. He presents more of a possible loss than Gennady. Not that I want Saul to lose. I just want to see the best fight the best.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

Immensely popular prospect Ryan Garcia fights today for the first time in nearly a year vs. Luke Campbell is what's by far the biggest test of his career. Estimated ringwalk time for the main even is 6 PM EST, a bit earlier than usual. Posted an analysis and prediction for the fight here: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2021/01/garcia-vs-campbell-brief-prefight.html
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

u forgot GGG?

No, I didn't. He's already fought GGG twice. Jermall would be new blood on Saul's gloves. He presents more of a possible loss than Gennady. Not that I want Saul to lose. I just want to see the best fight the best.

I wanna see the Canelo/Jermall fight too. I hear both fighters are blaming the other for the fight not happening.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

u forgot GGG?

I wanna see the Canelo/Jermall fight too. I hear both fighters are blaming the other for the fight not happening.

Only one of the two fighters mentioned has vacated championship belts multiple times to avoid defending, tested positive for PEDs, and literally filed a lawsuit to protect his ability to cherry-pick fights when pressured by his own promoters to fight better competition.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Immensely popular prospect Ryan Garcia fights today for the first time in nearly a year vs. Luke Campbell is what's by far the biggest test of his career. Estimated ringwalk time for the main even is 6 PM EST, a bit earlier than usual. Posted an analysis and prediction for the fight here: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2021/01/garcia-vs-campbell-brief-prefight.html

Ryan Garcia proved he's got the heart of a fighter. Nothing better in combat sports than a liver shot ko.

I just read your link. If that's your writing, you're better than anything from ESPN.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Osei wrote:

Ryan Garcia proved he's got the heart of a fighter. Nothing better in combat sports than a liver shot ko.

I just read your link. If that's your writing, you're better than anything from ESPN.

Good fight too bad he seems like such a self absorbed tool. He's got to ditch the crown. He's got wicked hand speed and he can crack but his footwork is pretty basic. He might beat Davis or Haney but I think the likes of Lomachenko or Lopez works him. They were talking Pacman during the fight. Thats laughable. Even 40 yr old Manny puts him out. Campbell proved the kid is pretty hittable. Manny would starch him.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Osei wrote:

Heard he got put down early. Was it similar to the Linares/Loma fight? If so, i gotta watch it soon because that shows tremendous heart on Ryan Garcia's side!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Osei wrote:

Heard he got put down early. Was it similar to the Linares/Loma fight? If so, i gotta watch it soon because that shows tremendous heart on Ryan Garcia's side!

He got popped with a left flush to the face. I was really surprised he got up so quick, in slo mo his head had that brain rattling in a cage moment.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Osei wrote:

Good fight too bad he seems like such a self absorbed tool. He's got to ditch the crown. He's got wicked hand speed and he can crack but his footwork is pretty basic. He might beat Davis or Haney but I think the likes of Lomachenko or Lopez works him. They were talking Pacman during the fight. Thats laughable. Even 40 yr old Manny puts him out. Campbell proved the kid is pretty hittable. Manny would starch him.

He's only 22 man...
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Osei wrote:

He got popped with a left flush to the face. I was really surprised he got up so quick, in slo mo his head had that brain rattling in a cage moment.

Damn, Garcia got rocked with that left that landed perfectly on his jaw. What a tremendous heart he showed in getting up and coming back to finish Campbell. Although this fight reminded me of Loma/Linares, Garcia's performance was more impressive given that the shot he took in the second round would have KO'd many fighters in that weight class. Absolutely beautiful liver shot KO!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

FULL FIGHT

Campbell knocked Garcia down around 5:00. Garcia knocked Campbell out around 21:00

Ryan hit Campbell with the most devastating punch in the game, a liver shot. The punch shocks the liver, the largest gland organ, and a center of blood circulation, and causes the victim to lose focus and drive, and can cause a breathless feeling in the victim. I've never seen a fighter able to continue after receiving a solid liver punch.

In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
FULL FIGHT

Campbell knocked Garcia down around 5:00. Garcia knocked Campbell out around 21:00

Ryan hit Campbell with the most devastating punch in the game, a liver shot. The punch shocks the liver, the largest gland organ, and a center of blood circulation, and causes the victim to lose focus and drive, and can cause a breathless feeling in the victim. I've never seen a fighter able to continue after receiving a solid liver punch.

Ward v Gatti?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
FULL FIGHT

Ward v Gatti?

I remember that war. Both got up from body shots. I don't think any were liver shots. Here are some highlights. LINK

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
FULL FIGHT

Nonito Donaire survived a solid liver shot vs. Naouya Inoue in the 11th round of their Dec 2019 fight and went on to go the distance in what ended up being fight of the year...
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
jodeke wrote:
FULL FIGHT

Nonito Donaire survived a solid liver shot vs. Naouya Inoue in the 11th round of their Dec 2019 fight and went on to go the distance in what ended up being fight of the year...

Wouldn't really call that one a "solid" liver shot. Was more of a glancing one with less power than what Garcia landed. Of course, the Monster is capable of landing a perfect liver shot (and has before), but that one was not it imo. If that punch was landed better, he would have finished Donaire. Great fight overall, and good catch since it was a liver shot too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Osei wrote:
jodeke wrote:
FULL FIGHT

Wouldn't really call that one a "solid" liver shot. Was more of a glancing one with less power than what Garcia landed. Of course, the Monster is capable of landing a perfect liver shot (and has before), but that one was not it imo. If that punch was landed better, he would have finished Donaire. Great fight overall, and good catch since it was a liver shot too.

Looked like a glancing blow on the kidney. It had a delayed effect. Donaire kinda skipped to his right then decided to go down. Around 55:55 round 11. LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I guess you can equate UFC to boxing. Conor McGreggor vs Dustin Poirier is on tonight. It's a PPV ESPN+. Eminence has it on for free. I'm gonna plug in. I want to see what Connor is about. I'm not a MMA UFC fan.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

DOWN GOES McGREGOR, DOWN GOES McGREGOR LINK 1st round TKO.

In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Ryan Garcia vs Pacman? Should be very interesting
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 488, 489, 490 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 489 of 514
Jump to: