ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Putting the clamps on Steph
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

players like steph and lillard can't score much against clippers...teams can only hurt them inside...
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Pulling for Curry again. LOL! It's been awhile. 2016 finals was the last time I pulled for Curry.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

The corpse of Draymond and lack of Klay put too much weight on Steph today.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Kawhi and Pandemic P playing tonigh like they need more load management. Both are toast.

Kawhi was load managing all game... Only shot 12 times.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

It's crazy that at 30, Draymond is already close to being done.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:18 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

It's crazy that at 30, Draymond is already close to being done.

Not crazy, the stress on his body throughout his career, playing undersized at center, making constant DEEEEEEEP final runs, must have been insane.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

I have to admit that if Klay were playing the Dubs would be a handful.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:

Best shooting backcourt in the NBA opens everything else up. They would probably be the Lakers biggest competition in the West with Klay.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

Best shooting backcourt in the NBA opens everything else up. They would probably be the Lakers biggest competition in the West with Klay.

GS had an amazing run on par with the Lakers 3-peat era (though their titles came three over four). But essentially wasting two years of Curry's prime is a lot like what happened to Kobe post-Shaq / pre-Pau.

Curry turns 33 in March, and though I expect him to remain an offensive savant, I think his defense will really start to fall off with age. Doesn't have the same size and physical tools Kobe had and playing at guard, quickness is a big deal (Kobe became more of a SF late career).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

GS had an amazing run on par with the Lakers 3-peat era (though their titles came three over four). But essentially wasting two years of Curry's prime is a lot like what happened to Kobe post-Shaq / pre-Pau.

Curry turns 33 in March, and though I expect him to remain an offensive savant, I think his defense will really start to fall off with age. Doesn't have the same size and physical tools Kobe had and playing at guard, quickness is a big deal (Kobe became more of a SF late career).

Yeah, they really wasted Curry’s late prime. He will be 34 next season with Klay back. And who knows if Klay can get back up to speed after two years off and two major injuries.

I would trade Curry for Ben Simmons straight up and start rebuilding around Wiseman and whoever they can get for Curry. Tank this season.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Has there been any news on the investigation of the Clipper allegations concerning West and KL?

Is "no news" in a situation like this, good news or bad news?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

Yeah, they really wasted Curry’s late prime. He will be 34 next season with Klay back. And who knows if Klay can get back up to speed after two years off and two major injuries.

I would trade Curry for Ben Simmons straight up and start rebuilding around Wiseman and whoever they can get for Curry. Tank this season.

Going on so many deep playoff runs and that 72 win season took a big toll on their bodies. They started to break down all at once, Klay and Dray especially. It's sad, I'm cheering for them again now KD has gone.

The Warriors shouldn't be the Celtics, they shouldn't treat Curry like that. You would think they would learn after treating KD like (bleep) ...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

Going on so many deep playoff runs and that 72 win season took a big toll on their bodies. They started to break down all at once, Klay and Dray especially. It's sad, I'm cheering for them again now KD has gone.

The Warriors shouldn't be the Celtics, they shouldn't treat Curry like that. You would think they would learn after treating KD like (bleep) ...

Do you think KD would have re-signed if not for rupturing his Achilles after being prematurely rushed back? If so, the dynasty could still be going even without Klay.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Do you think KD would have re-signed if not for rupturing his Achilles after being prematurely rushed back? If so, the dynasty could still be going even without Klay.

No. It all started when Bob Myers mocked Durant during the parade interview "he can't have anything he wants. Mid level, behind closed doors [...] [Steph Curry] is different. He's been here from the way before days. He's earned it."

Now that may have been delivered as a funny funny joke, but that was never going to be taken as a funny funny joke. Let's be pretty direct, Durant was the best player on that team, he earned the Finals MVPs, he hit the dagger over Bron, and he got ZERO respect.

After that it brewed until you had the very visible locker room explosions and Draymond Green's famous words, which is ironic because it was Green who begged Durant to go there in the first play. "We won before you ... please come and help us beat Lebron but we won before you!"

Which led to these quotes from Durant later on:

"I came in there wanting to be part of a group, wanting to be part of a family, and definitely felt accepted," Durant told J.R. Moehringer of The Wall Street Journal. "But I'll never be one of those guys. I didn't get drafted there. ... Steph Curry, obviously drafted there. Andre Iguodala, won the first Finals, first championship. Klay Thompson, drafted there. Draymond Green, drafted there.

"And the rest of the guys kind of rehabilitated their careers there. So me? (bleep), how you going to rehabilitate me? What you going to teach me? How can you alter anything in my basketball life? I got an MVP already. I got scoring titles."

So no, KD was never re-signing with the Warriors.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

1 - How'd they "waste" his late prime? Dude went to 5 straight Finals, then got hurt. He's back but his running mate is hurt, otherwise he'd still be in the mix for another 'chip. You cannot blame the team for injuries.

2 - Their bodies are their instruments. Like anything else, they have to take special care of them if they want them to last. LeBron invests 7 figures into his body, PLUS makes certain to get proper rest and watch his diet. Kobe was the same way. Other guys arre at the strip club every morning at 2 a.m., rain or shine. If a player is making 8 figures annually, his #1 goal should be to maintain his body so that he can continue making 8 figures.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
drae wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

1 - How'd they "waste" his late prime? Dude went to 5 straight Finals, then got hurt. He's back but his running mate is hurt, otherwise he'd still be in the mix for another 'chip. You cannot blame the team for injuries.

2 - Their bodies are their instruments. Like anything else, they have to take special care of them if they want them to last. LeBron invests 7 figures into his body, PLUS makes certain to get proper rest and watch his diet. Kobe was the same way. Other guys arre at the strip club every morning at 2 a.m., rain or shine. If a player is making 8 figures annually, his #1 goal should be to maintain his body so that he can continue making 8 figures.

Yeah, you can't blame season ending injuries on front office mismanagement.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Clippers blowing leads like always
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

*Hearty applause*

Magnificent
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

"And he took that personally"

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1347777678724669441
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject:

Haha https://twitter.com/vinouncorked/status/1347794977666043904?s=21

Serves him right
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Haha https://twitter.com/vinouncorked/status/1347794977666043904?s=21

Serves him right

You would have thought they’ll humble up a bit by now...
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

Sooo whatever happened to the tampering charges?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject:

The most pathetic franchise in NBA history
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Where is the guy who is afraid of the freaking flippers who was preaching about how the flippers is better than the lakers this season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 282 of 439
Jump to: