OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 832, 833, 834 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He's gracefully accepting the role player niche/status. More poise and less forcing the issue. I like what he's contributing.

That contract just took an awful lot of weight from his shoulders
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Kuz's maturation as a player truly has been off the charts.

He refuses to force anything and its really surprising and beautiful to see.

There are times im yelling for him to be more aggressive offensively but he continues to play the right way.

That is why he was a team high +21 while only scoring 5 points.

A classic AC type of game.

Impacting in other ways outside of scoring.

He’s becoming a winning type of player.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/1346890848760262656

Quote:
When LeBron and Kuzma have shared the floor this year (124 minutes) the Lakers have a DRtg of 89.7, best in the league for a 2 man pairing.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
He's gracefully accepting the role player niche/status. More poise and less forcing the issue. I like what he's contributing.

That contract just took an awful lot of weight from his shoulders

it took a lot of weight off the team's.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:
When LeBron and Kuzma have shared the floor this year (124 minutes) the Lakers have a DRtg of 89.7, best in the league for a 2 man pairing.

So, that statistic brings a question to mind. There are more than enough people who think Kuz is a poor, albeit improving, defender.

Is he being labelled a poor defensive player because he is one, or is it because of whom he's being paired with when he plays with the subs?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Quote:

So, that statistic brings a question to mind. There are more than enough people who think Kuz is a poor, albeit improving, defender.

Is he being labelled a poor defensive player because he is one, or is it because of whom he's being paired with when he plays with the subs?

On my eye test this year compare to bubble and playoff last year , he looks worse individually but playing better team defense. He has trouble chasing people off screens and often late as he reacts instead of attacking quicker players defensively.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma has not shown he’s needs to start for us these three games without KCP. He hasn’t been bad, but he also hasn’t been clearly better than KCP as a starter. Barring something happening, his current role as a sixth man who starts 2-4 if we have an injury looks pretty set for now.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Kuzma has not shown he’s needs to start for us these three games without KCP. He hasn’t been bad, but he also hasn’t been clearly better than KCP as a starter. Barring something happening, his current role as a sixth man who starts 2-4 if we have an injury looks pretty set for now.

At least now it’s proven kcp>>>kuz as starting 2.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is playing outside of position.

I would have much preferred to evaluate this Kuz starting at the 4, with defensive 3nD wings like Wesley and KCP and Bron running the point, with AD at the 5.

Now you can evaluate - but yes Kuz is not a starting 2/3 on a lineup where you play traditional 5 and a 6’1 PG. In general he is inconsistent so he should be a bench player regardless, but a proper evaluation should have Kuz play the 4 with AD at the 5 for a few games.

When we closed with that lineup, even with Dennis at 1/Wes at 2/Bron at 3/Kuz at 4/AD ... it worked well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I would have much preferred to evaluate this Kuz starting at the 4, with defensive 3nD wings like Wesley and KCP and Bron running the point, with AD at the 5.

Now you can evaluate - but yes Kuz is not a starting 2/3 on a lineup where you play traditional 5 and a 6’1 PG. In general he is inconsistent so he should be a bench player regardless, but a proper evaluation should have Kuz play the 4 with AD at the 5 for a few games.

When we closed with that lineup, even with Dennis at 1/Wes at 2/Bron at 3/Kuz at 4/AD ... it worked well.

I disagree. I think he is not physical enough for the PF position, though he can fill in. That's the great thing about Kuz, versatile enough to fill several positions and start if necessary. Lakers are NOT going to play the closing lineup as a starting one. AD does not want have the wear and tear of the 5 for regular season games.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Everything Kuz does is magnified 100x.

I get it, I see it in my own family. I was watching the last game with my dad and the moment Kuz missed a shot, it was a layup, my dad blurted out "he sucks". I then reminded my dad that Kuz scored 9 points with 3 straight buckets just a few mins ago. His response, "oh yeah? guess I forgot about it". But each Kuz brick he will make a groan.

But when AD makes his 1st basket, my dad is all "nice game AD", so I reminded my dad that AD went 0-5 before making his first basket, and my dad is just like "really? who would've thought?"

Spot on, I notice the exact same thing and if i'm being honest that was me for a few years until the beginning of the bubble last year.

Just be happy we have a great young role player who is still making consistent improvements while also being able to fill in for anyone missing from the starting lineup from 2-4 without disrupting anything.

100% true, and I sometimes find myself guilty of this too.

Just last night, first quarter, at the very start of the game.

1st Lakers possession, AD brick.

Me: …

2nd Lakers possession, Schroder brick.

3rd Lakers possession, Kuzma brick.

Me: "(bleeping) Kuz!"

And it's exactly the same in the Game Thread. Unless it's a close game in the final quarter, when a Laker would do something negatively, maybe 1-2 people will comment, most of the times nothing. But if that Laker is named Kyle Kuzma, any single thing he does even if it's just the 1st quarter will always get 3-4 people at the minimum trashing him in the comments.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Dont y'all know?

Kuz is the only Laker player who can not miss a shot.

He has to go 100% from the field every single game.

He's also the only Laker player who cant have an opposing player score on him.

So he has to be perfect from the field and hold the person he's guarding scoreless

Every single game.

Every other single Laker gets a pass and some understanding.

Not Kuz.

Cmon now, you all should know this by now.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

The only thing Kuzma’s consistent at is sucking.

Get of his nutz ya’ll damnnnnn.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
hype wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Everything Kuz does is magnified 100x.

I get it, I see it in my own family. I was watching the last game with my dad and the moment Kuz missed a shot, it was a layup, my dad blurted out "he sucks". I then reminded my dad that Kuz scored 9 points with 3 straight buckets just a few mins ago. His response, "oh yeah? guess I forgot about it". But each Kuz brick he will make a groan.

But when AD makes his 1st basket, my dad is all "nice game AD", so I reminded my dad that AD went 0-5 before making his first basket, and my dad is just like "really? who would've thought?"

Spot on, I notice the exact same thing and if i'm being honest that was me for a few years until the beginning of the bubble last year.

Just be happy we have a great young role player who is still making consistent improvements while also being able to fill in for anyone missing from the starting lineup from 2-4 without disrupting anything.

100% true, and I sometimes find myself guilty of this too.

Just last night, first quarter, at the very start of the game.

1st Lakers possession, AD brick.

2nd Lakers possession, Schroder brick.

3rd Lakers possession, Kuzma brick.

Me: "(bleeping) Kuz!"

And it's exactly the same in the Game Thread. Unless it's a close game in the final quarter, when a Laker would do something negatively, maybe 1-2 people will comment, most of the times nothing. But if that Laker is named Kyle Kuzma, any single thing he does even if it's just the 1st quarter will always get 3-4 people at the minimum trashing him in the comments.

I get your point but AD 1st ballot HOF Schroeder 6th man of the year candidate have both proven themselves. Kuz on the other hand in year 4 is still struggling and showing lack of Iq
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I disagree. I think he is not physical enough for the PF position, though he can fill in. That's the great thing about Kuz, versatile enough to fill several positions and start if necessary. Lakers are NOT going to play the closing lineup as a starting one. AD does not want have the wear and tear of the 5 for regular season games.

Even bums like Taj Gibson bully him inside for easy buckets. He just doesn't have enough in the caboose.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Win, lose, or draw Kuzma’s impact on this team is very hard to see. Lol at those labeled him as our big win perimeter defender. Defend my a**. Every single player outside of Dudley who rarely plays all have had signature moments in this young season. Where’s Kuz’s? Can you remember a game this year or last season for that matter he played a noticeable role a victory?
So far this season, Wes had his three point night at SA, Trez and DS brings steady 15-18 Pts on 50% shooting night in and night out. Gasol had some moments defensively, KCP before gone down was our best shooter. Where are Kuz’s signature moments?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Surprised he was sent to the bench today with AD out. Lakers tinkering, I guess. He was okay. He hit some nice threes, but not much else I can remember, and he didn’t finish the game.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Win, lose, or draw Kuzma’s impact on this team is very hard to see. Lol at those labeled him as our big win perimeter defender. Defend my a**. Every single player outside of Dudley who rarely plays all have had signature moments in this young season. Where’s Kuz’s? Can you remember a game this year or last season for that matter he played a noticeable role a victory?
So far this season, Wes had his three point night at SA, Trez and DS brings steady 15-18 Pts on 50% shooting night in and night out. Gasol had some moments defensively, KCP before gone down was our best shooter. Where are Kuz’s signature moments?

3rd game of the season? Started in place of AD? Came out hot, in the first half? Didn't shoot much in the second, but played a really good all-around game, and still was the top scorer for the Lakers, with 20 pts? People can be critical of Kuz, but come on...

Granted, I would love to see Kuz have more consistent offensive games. But, he's doing his best to take smart shots, and do other things well on the court. I'm going to give him credit for that. At some point, all these guys who are struggling will find their role. If not, then decisions will be made, when opportunity arises.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

Guys 26 has a ring and a nice contract. He’ll best be served playing somewhere like Orl/okc/det or other lottery teams putting up #s
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

At least no infuriating turnover. A couple nice 3's. Otherwise a forgettable game - did nothing else and continued to play himself into oblivion . Like he's playing "scared" of making a mistake or something.

I do believe/hope he will get better. Right now it is NOT looking good.
Scratched from starting lineup, mercifully removed from line up end of game. Suspect both ends of floor.

Harrell at 9 mills looking at Kuz's 13 mills thinking WTF lol.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
At least no infuriating turnover. A couple nice 3's. Otherwise a forgettable game - did nothing else and continued to play himself into oblivion . Like he's playing "scared" of making a mistake or something.

Scratched from starting lineup, mercifully removed from line up end of game. Suspect both ends of floor.

To me, something has to be going on behind the scenes. Kuzma has become a shell of himself offensively since AD has arrived. Yesterday was the most egregious. Kuzma was literally standing in the corner listless. No cutting, no movement whatsoever. When he did get the ball he'd often take one dribble and immediately pass it as soon as the defense got anywhere in the vicinity. That's not what we need from him.

He's gotta play confident and attack. He playing very timid and if I had to bet it is a result of something that is being said behind the scenes by Bron, AD and/or the coaching staff. His demeanor and oncourt activity is almost unrecognizable from his rookie and sophomore years
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:

I always hope he gets better but at the end of the day Kuz is what he is. For every back to back good games he plays bad the next 3. It’ll probably never be consistent with him. Who knows maybe the light turns on like it did with KCP and be a consistent player. With THT you can see what he does with consistent minutes, he plays well and is still growing
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Alex Caruso has improved his three point shooting, THT made huge improvements too over last season. And yet here we have Kuzma, still the same garbage point collector with no signature weapon on offense and gets burned constantly on D.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
cannga11 wrote:

To me, something has to be going on behind the scenes. Kuzma has become a shell of himself offensively since AD has arrived. Yesterday was the most egregious. Kuzma was literally standing in the corner listless. No cutting, no movement whatsoever. When he did get the ball he'd often take one dribble and immediately pass it as soon as the defense got anywhere in the vicinity. That's not what we need from him.

He's gotta play confident and attack. He playing very timid and if I had to bet it is a result of something that is being said behind the scenes by Bron, AD and/or the coaching staff. His demeanor and oncourt activity is almost unrecognizable from his rookie and sophomore years

If what you said is true and I believe it is. Then it’s time to part ways. AD and LeBron are here to stay. Kuz’s game itself isn’t good enough for Lakers even to consider alter those two’s game just for Kuz.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

Kuzma isn’t getting moved, at least not this season. We are hard capped and his deal makes it hard to move him this season. I doubt we move him going forward either, barring a no brainer trade that would bring a star back. Kuzma’s deal is reasonable (maybe a little overpaid vis a vis his current production). Lakers are capped out anyway with Lebron and AD on the books, so overpaying Kuzma slightly isn’t a big deal, and while I know it might be wishful thinking at this point, I still think Kuzma has room to improve into being a truly good player. Not a superstar or anything like that, but maybe a borderline or maybe even solid all star level player. For now, he’s a decent rotation player who has some nice versatility and has nights where his scoring can help carry the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 832, 833, 834 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 833 of 880
Jump to: