NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Got it from work. My place didn’t shut down so we are packed with people from all over SoCal. Day 6. Last night was the most brutal yet. Hoping the worst is behind me.

are you in a hospital? how is your breathing?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Got it from work. My place didn’t shut down so we are packed with people from all over SoCal. Day 6. Last night was the most brutal yet. Hoping the worst is behind me.

No, I’m quarantined at home. Probably another week to go. My breathing is fine, so that good. Like I said earlier, hoping the worst is behind me. We shall see. For some reason it comes and goes in multiple waves.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

No, I’m quarantined at home. Probably another week to go. My breathing is fine, so that good. Like I said earlier, hoping the worst is behind me. We shall see. For some reason it comes and goes in multiple waves.

good to hear. hope things continue to be ok.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I’ll be fine. Thanks for asking and appreciate the kind words.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

my colleague's sister in law works in a hospital.
she had her 1st pfizer jab ~2 weeks ago.
came down with symptoms including 100 deg fever for a day 2 days ago.
1st pcr test was negative
not sure what else is going around?
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I’ll be fine. Thanks for asking and appreciate the kind words.

great. may 2021 be a better year even if the start will be difficult
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Feel better soon AFI619....
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Life deals us all weird twists and turns..

Avery Bradley has now been placed in COVID quarantine by the Heat, they are not saying if he has it or has been exposed to it or an inconclusive test.

But they one Laker who shunned the Bubble to stay safe, signs elsewhere and possibly gets it...

I'm not saying this to gloat and I will not be happy if he does indeed have it, I'm just pointing out the irony of the situation.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

Just got the Moderna vaccine a few days ago.
First day felt off and lots of soreness in my arm.

Second day and on through no problems.

Another thing I learned is if you sleep on your side get the shot in the opposite side you sleep on.

I got the shot in my right arm and sleep on my right side. Smart!
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Another thing I learned is if you sleep on your side get the shot in the opposite side you sleep on.

glad to hear u did not have much of any reaction
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Me too Cal1..but there is certainly more to it the side effects that I find weird and unexpected.

Every evening since I got the shot for 3 days, my head feels weird..it actually seems like I been getting brain fogs..my wife got COVID in July and she has been having brain fogs since..my symptoms seem like hers. Which is weird because I don't have a live virus in me so why should I be getting symptoms similar to her.

I spoke to others in the company that got the shot..some had said they felt "weird" or "off" but only a day after the shot like myself. So far it seems temporary. At least my symptoms seem to be getting better each day. However, all the sudden my arm started to feel sore again today after it resolved a few days ago.

2 people who got the shot got Hives or one her neck felt like it was swelling and had a hard time breathing. This occurred within the first 15 minutes of having a shot. But both were relieved with Benadryl and didn't have any reaction after.

My direct assistant actually went home yesterday. We aren't sure what happened with her..she had starting to vomit around the afternoon (but no actual vomit came out) and was having a hard time breathing. This lasted almost 20 minutes. We checked her temperature, oxygen levels, blood pressure..all normal. Afterwards she felt chills and her chest hurt. She was sent home. Today she said she had a rash in her neck. But didn't have the same issues of breathing or the like.

5 people called out Friday, mostly as a result of vaccine side effects.

So far don't know what to make of all this..certainly it was surprising as I know doctor's who work at the hospitals who got the vaccine a few weeks ago and they said that wasn't a lot of issues like I mentioned.

They did receive the Pfizer vaccine while we received the Moderna vaccine, but that is speculative on whether that is the difference.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

I got Moderna vaccine too. Same thing, only got sore arm the next day. Didn’t even feel the shot when I got it. The only hope for any normalcy to return is the vaccine working. All these teams losing players for COVID protocol has taken away excitement for the game and I only see it getting worse.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Celtics and Heat game postponed.... Celtics whole team is out.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Celtics and Heat game postponed.... Celtics whole team is out.

The whole team! Now that is so unfortunate. I wonder what happened
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Whole teams and or significant chunks of teams are being wiped out right left and center. It’s a disaster after the holidays. The Mavericks had to close their facility altogether because they have so many people coming up positive. Somebody else is a mess right now I forget who… But yeah it’s really bad right now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I'll be surprised if they don't shorten the season. The league is a microcosm of what is happening in the real world without a bubble.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject:

I can see a lot of motivation for players to be vaccinated once it’s available to them

Come playoff time it would seem a player missing a game due to Covid protocols is just unacceptable.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Bubble Playoffs coming.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Me too Cal1..but there is certainly more to it the side effects that I find weird and unexpected.

Every evening since I got the shot for 3 days, my head feels weird..it actually seems like I been getting brain fogs..my wife got COVID in July and she has been having brain fogs since..my symptoms seem like hers. Which is weird because I don't have a live virus in me so why should I be getting symptoms similar to her.

I spoke to others in the company that got the shot..some had said they felt "weird" or "off" but only a day after the shot like myself. So far it seems temporary. At least my symptoms seem to be getting better each day. However, all the sudden my arm started to feel sore again today after it resolved a few days ago.

2 people who got the shot got Hives or one her neck felt like it was swelling and had a hard time breathing. This occurred within the first 15 minutes of having a shot. But both were relieved with Benadryl and didn't have any reaction after.

My direct assistant actually went home yesterday. We aren't sure what happened with her..she had starting to vomit around the afternoon (but no actual vomit came out) and was having a hard time breathing. This lasted almost 20 minutes. We checked her temperature, oxygen levels, blood pressure..all normal. Afterwards she felt chills and her chest hurt. She was sent home. Today she said she had a rash in her neck. But didn't have the same issues of breathing or the like.

So far don't know what to make of all this..certainly it was surprising as I know doctor's who work at the hospitals who got the vaccine a few weeks ago and they said that wasn't a lot of issues like I mentioned.

They did receive the Pfizer vaccine while we received the Moderna vaccine, but that is speculative on whether that is the difference.

the near-term side effects seem to be more severe than i expected. but this is moderna, not pfizer. i think only usa has received moderna so far. hope the effects will go away soon.

it is strange your side effects are similar to your wife who had the real thing. covid19 binds to ace2 receptor. that affects angiotensin, which affects blood pressure. if the vaccine produces a large amount of free floating binding protein, wonder if that is triggering your ace2 receptors, thereby affecting your blood pressure temporarily.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

the near-term side effects seem to be more severe than i expected. but this is moderna, not pfizer. i think only usa has received moderna so far. hope the effects will go away soon.

it is strange your side effects are similar to your wife who had the real thing. covid19 binds to ace2 receptor. that affects angiotensin, which affects blood pressure. if the vaccine produces a large amount of free floating binding protein, wonder if that is triggering your ace2 receptors, thereby affecting your blood pressure temporarily.

I think that make sense. There are spike proteins that do strongly bind to ACe2 receptors so they can be causing side effects. But as my body creates antibodies I expect those proteins would be neutralized and the side effects should subside so I am confident it will go away.

The backfall is I learned the first dose is 50% protection and it takes about 2 weeks to get there. I had a friend of a friend who works on the front line who got the virus after being vaccinated. But I believe is still very very protective against severe COVID even after the first dose.

The 95% protection occurs about 14 days after the second dose.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

I think that make sense. There are spike proteins that do strongly bind to ACe2 receptors so they can be causing side effects. But as my body creates antibodies I expect those proteins would be neutralized and the side effects should subside so I am confident it will go away.

The backfall is I learned the first dose is 50% protection and it takes about 2 weeks to get there. I had a friend of a friend who works on the front line who got the virus after being vaccinated. But I believe is still very very protective against severe COVID even after the first dose.

The 95% protection occurs about 14 days after the second dose.

i think it is about 2 weeks for the antibodies.
i remember reading the mrna vaccines delivers modified mrna that last for around 1-2 days. so my guess is viral spike protein concentration would peak within 48 hours.
given how tightly the spike protein binds to ace2 receptor, i dont know how long before the protein leaves the receptor binding site...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:31 am    Post subject:

NY entering phase 1B tmrw (75+, first responders, teacher, etc), still lagging behind but I heard Cali is much further behind in vaccination goal? You guys still healthcare only?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject:

Got Moderna. No side effects at all. Someone should oversee states like NY because of their incompetency. It is being reported that vaccines had to be destroyed. If true, people should go to jail. Disgusting.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Got Moderna. No side effects at all. Someone should oversee states like NY because of their incompetency. It is being reported that vaccines had to be destroyed. If true, people should go to jail. Disgusting.

Haven’t heard that, was it an isolated incident? They way NY done it so far is they give bulk of vaccines to health org thru application (hospitals them clinics) and then the individual org administer to their employee then opened it to non-affiliated other HCW (as of last week) and now they start 1b... it has been slow for sure

U in Rhode Island? How is it there, much better I assume?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Haven’t heard that, was it an isolated incident? They way NY done it so far is they give bulk of vaccines to health org thru application (hospitals them clinics) and then the individual org administer to their employee then opened it to non-affiliated other HCW (as of last week) and now they start 1b... it has been slow for sure

U in Rhode Island? How is it there, much better I assume?

Its bad here as well. There are some benefits being here namely because CVS's world headquarters is here. You think being such a small state and having CVS in your backyard that things would be smooth (testing, administration, etc.). I know a big problem here is with the hospitals. They knew the vaccination was coming. They should have polled employees to see who wanted the vaccination. Instead, hospitals waited until the vaccination was in hand before canvassing employees. I hear CT is doing a great job (well organized, fast, and responsive to many different characteristics of the population).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 118 of 130
Jump to: