How is LeBron playing this well at the age of 36?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: How is LeBron playing this well at the age of 36?

This guy is incredible, I just had to make a new thread on it, he still plays good defense and can turn it on anytime he wants.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Lots of time, money, care, training, and enough HGH to kill a small horse.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Kind of like Brady. They spend an insane amount of time and money on there health/body.

It is pretty incredible though! It blows me away how athletic he still is at times. As long as he doesn't get any serious injuries he'll be able to easily play until 40ish and still be an elite passer/floor general with probably sub 20 points per game but still making a big impact.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Don't jinx him... I remember thinking Kobe was having one of his most efficient seasons ever right before he tore his Achilles.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Don't jinx him... I remember thinking Kobe was having one of his most efficient seasons ever right before he tore his Achilles.

No one is jinxing him lol, Vogel knows how to manage LeBron’s minutes a lot better then D’Antoni did with Kobe.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

No one is jinxing him lol, Vogel knows how to manage LeBron’s minutes a lot better then D’Antoni did with Kobe.

I don't really blame D'antoni anymore. Kobe at the time would only of listen to Phil and no one else.

So Kobe did what he wanted and never left the court till he injured himself. That injury is on Kobe but in a indirect way it's On Mitch, he should of know Kobe would run that team if Phil wasn't in charge.

Also LBJ's still has his speed and hops, as long as that lasts he will be elite. Once his hops go he will retire
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Smarties, mate.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Obviously it is how he takes care of his body but it’s amazing how this guy’s game has evolved as his athleticism slows down. It’s also amazing how this guy can take a difficult shot and make it look easy with minimal effort late in a 4th quarter.

#washedking
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

wine
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

He's clearly pacing himself
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Lots of time, money, care, training, and enough HGH to kill a small horse.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

It's in the genes. Once in a generation type player like Tom Brady.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Thanks to advances in sports technology and a healthy lifestyle. I don't recall LBJ wilding out off the court like Harden or eating edibles on airplanes.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Aside by a pretty special physical composition coming into the league from high school, who knows really. I kinda don't want to know the real details, to be honest, because I don't want to hear that he's been getting - or figured out the equivalent of - some sort of free pass from the league's drug test program.

I think LeBron is the fittest-playing old guy I've ever seen in this sport. Only Karl Malone seemed even marginally comparable athletically at age 36. The court mileage and degree of excellence was different. Karl was not this good at age 36. No one else has been either, not in this sport.

We basketball fans are of course supposed to presume that the sport is clean, that LeBron and everyone else is clean in terms of usage of sport-prohibited treatments and drugs. No one is supposed to be getting an unfair competitive advantage through prohibited drub therapy. I hope he is clean. Nothing has been revealed about him to suggest he's different in this regard from any other guy in the NBA.

That said, the certainty - and dark legacy - of Lance Armstrong's past digressions now cloud all subsequent pro sports accomplishment for me. I can't convince myself to forget what that guy did and how he was protected by his sport for so long. So, I feel an increased sense of doubt about the efficacy of testing programs and the reliability of testers and doctors and accomplishments and players. Now I reserve a reasonable sense of uncertainty about any player or competitor. Any one. Every one. The off the chart great performers. The lousy ones too. Some are getting away with breaking rules. Very few guys fail drug tests.

Being a sports fan isn't like being a juror who is required to weigh evidence and render an opinion as to guilt or innocence using a predisposition of the accused's innocence. Far from it. For me, there are no accuseds in sport until someone accuses. That's not happening in this league, which too closely resembles the pre-drug scandal cycling sport. For me, the pre-predisposition fabric worn by every sports figure is now woven with a thread of healthy skepticism. They could be getting a competitive advantage and get away with it for years.

I wish I were a naive kid again who long ago saw only the good in people and could accept the accomplishment of sports figures wholly on the bright glow of the play and the media. Can't go back in time. Wish I could.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

As others have mentioned, I don't want to know the details. I'll just sit back and enjoy it, hoping it's just the result of a once in a generation athlete who lives and breaths recovery.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Aside by a pretty special physical composition coming into the league from high school, who knows really. I kinda don't want to know the real details, to be honest, because I don't want to hear that he's been getting - or figured out the equivalent of - some sort of free pass from the league's drug test program.

I think LeBron is the fittest-playing old guy I've ever seen in this sport. Only Karl Malone seemed even marginally comparable athletically at age 36. The court mileage and degree of excellence was different. Karl was not this good at age 36. No one else has been either, not in this sport.

We basketball fans are of course supposed to presume that the sport is clean, that LeBron and everyone else is clean in terms of usage of sport-prohibited treatments and drugs. No one is supposed to be getting an unfair competitive advantage through prohibited drub therapy. I hope he is clean. Nothing has been revealed about him to suggest he's different in this regard from any other guy in the NBA.

That said, the certainty - and dark legacy - of Lance Armstrong's past digressions now cloud all subsequent pro sports accomplishment for me. I can't convince myself to forget what that guy did and how he was protected by his sport for so long. So, I feel an increased sense of doubt about the efficacy of testing programs and the reliability of testers and doctors and accomplishments and players. Now I reserve a reasonable sense of uncertainty about any player or competitor. Any one. Every one. The off the chart great performers. The lousy ones too. Some are getting away with breaking rules. Very few guys fail drug tests.

Being a sports fan isn't like being a juror who is required to weigh evidence and render an opinion as to guilt or innocence using a predisposition of the accused's innocence. Far from it. For me, there are no accuseds in sport until someone accuses. That's not happening in this league, which too closely resembles the pre-drug scandal cycling sport. For me, the pre-predisposition fabric worn by every sports figure is now woven with a thread of healthy skepticism. They could be getting a competitive advantage and get away with it for years.

I wish I were a naive kid again who long ago saw only the good in people and could accept the accomplishment of sports figures wholly on the bright glow of the play and the media. Can't go back in time. Wish I could.

As a cycling fan let me tell you what cleaning up cycling has done to the sport.

It's made it incredibly boring.

An incredibly detailed biological passport where officials monitor your levels for any sort of spike has made the spot of cycling like this: everyone rides around as a gruop for 98% of the race, then in the last 3 kilometers people attack. No longer do you get those beautiful attacks for far out during a race like Contador used to do.

Are there drug cheats in tennis? Of course. Are there drug cheats in the NFL? Almost certainly. NBA? Sure. Why don't organizations want to catch them? Because these sports are spectator sports, they're there to entertain. We want to watch superhuman feats of athleticism and skill to wow ourselves to sleep, we don't want to watch clearly human players compete against each other. That's not a spectacle.

So I accept there are drugs in sport. I also accept that if most people have access to drugs, and most people do, that creates it's own sort of level playing field.
teddyblue0902
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
enough HGH to kill a small horse.

HGH wouldn't kill a small horse. Might make it normal sized though.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

teddyblue0902 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

teddyblue0902 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

🤣

Speaking from experience olive smuggler? 😝
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

In a word - IQ.

He knows his strengths and weaknesses better than anyone I have ever seen at his age with the miles on his body.

Lord bless him, I wish Kobe in his later years would have played with that IQ. Even when Kobe lost some of his athleticism, he still was obsessed a bit with using his scoring skills. He wanted to dominate, and kill. Just the way he was. Bron is a bit different. He understands he can not dominate and kill every game anymore. He plays a lot of passive basketball, and picks his spots and attacks. He has also added a lot of range and his 3 ball, and a post game. So its a lot of either bull ball, post ups or perimeter. 70% perimeter, usually.

You can have all that skill that Bron has, and the body. And not the IQ and you see a guy that most teams would not want anymore at that price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

He is so good he can even beat father time
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
In a word - IQ.

He knows his strengths and weaknesses better than anyone I have ever seen at his age with the miles on his body.

Lord bless him, I wish Kobe in his later years would have played with that IQ. Even when Kobe lost some of his athleticism, he still was obsessed a bit with using his scoring skills. He wanted to dominate, and kill. Just the way he was. Bron is a bit different. He understands he can not dominate and kill every game anymore. He plays a lot of passive basketball, and picks his spots and attacks. He has also added a lot of range and his 3 ball, and a post game. So its a lot of either bull ball, post ups or perimeter. 70% perimeter, usually.

You can have all that skill that Bron has, and the body. And not the IQ and you see a guy that most teams would not want anymore at that price.

Same, I wish Kobe was more like Lebron or Magic towards the end. It’s okay though, he left his legacy, and Lebron is leaving his.
Lakerwayne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
In a word - IQ.

Same, I wish Kobe was more like Lebron or Magic towards the end. It’s okay though, he left his legacy, and Lebron is leaving his.

Ya it’s the different experience ethos of put it all out there all time never stop vs conserve and give your body priority which helps personally and career wise avoiding injuries overuse for better longevity keep yourself fresh for the playoffs etc. he picks his spots but I honestly still think that he has the ability to dominate every game he’s just thinking long term

That’s why he tends to look different in the playoffs or in those spots i the regular season especially cuz lebron also scores a lot or makes plays in transition too with his speed but still it’s like speed bully ball cuz once he gets downhill with the ball in the open court he’s he’s still bigger stronger faster it seems
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Just my opinion, but if steroids and HGH are safe to use under the supervision of a professional, they should be legal and maybe even encouraged. There's no doubt that they work. Like any other drug, they have side effects and adverse effects, and the key is how bad are they when used properly?

In the future, I could see HGH being given to elite athletes once they hit puberty to help them hit their genetic potential. It could also be given to people who are short when they hit puberty so that instead of growing to be 5-6 or 5-7 they may grow to be a couple inches taller and have more confidence and be more attractive as a result, which will help them succeed more in life.

As President Kennedy once said, "let us invoke the wonders of science and not its horrors."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: