Lakers now #1 seed in the West (update 1/10: Now best record in the league)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Team hasn't even peaked yet. Good luck, league.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject:

Us and the Pacers (with only 2 away games) are the only ones with a perfect away from home.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

This team is so much better then anyone else this season, it's not even funny. We'll be seeing defense like they played against the Rockets consistently imo in the second half of the season. I hope to see it more often in this half but I get and appreciate the gradual climb they are doing while trying a bunch of different lineups out and keeping any minor injuries out for the long haul.

They have the best record in the NBA and haven't come remotely close to there ceiling
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
This team is so much better then anyone else this season, it's not even funny. We'll be seeing defense like they played against the Rockets consistently imo in the second half of the season. I hope to see it more often in this half but I get and appreciate the gradual climb they are doing while trying a bunch of different lineups out and keeping any minor injuries out for the long haul.

They have the best record in the NBA and haven't come remotely close to there ceiling

somebody here be like: "I hate the flippers but I think they they are a better team than the Lakers"

Just because Bron and AD were coasting and they are playing like trash (though still top of the west) some member here are already afraid of the flippers
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:

somebody here be like: "I hate the flippers but I think they they are a better team than the Lakers"

Just because Bron and AD were coasting and they are playing like trash (though still top of the west) some member here are already afraid of the flippers

Overreacting is LG's #1 sport.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

I like where the team is at and TBH I believe we're on the cusps of dominance.
I read this article this morning, talking about bringing Dwight Howard back to fortify the defensive end, and it actually made sense:

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/01/11/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-philadelphia-76ers-trade-dwight-howard/

TBH I hate the thought of giving up Caruso, but then I start to think about THT...
Sending AC in a trade gives THT more minutes and less for DH, however the point in having DH is the old adage of "It's better to have than to want".

We need to give THT minutes, he needs to be out there on the floor and here's why. There are teams that are considered 'Made for the Season' and Teams that are considered 'Made for the Playoffs/Championship Teams" The Lakers have the opportunity to be a complete team in that they are made for both, that's what a championship team is. A team that can play and contend during the regular season and turn it up during the playoffs.

Gasol lacks somethings obviously, but his High BBall IQ and remaining Skill are enough to get it done at the 5 spot. Wesley Matthews IMO would be better suited for the playoffs if needed; shedding his minutes, giving him enough time to be healthy and allowing THT to blossom would be a key move towards the Lakers future and this season's championship title defense.

AC is the perfect compliment on a team like this, however if I had to run a comparison on AC/THT, I'd say THT has more upside and a greater ceiling.

The Lakers FO should consider brining Dwight back as a defensive enforcer and insurance policy. I would consider JaVale, but I believe he was ready to leave more-so than Dwight, and Dwight maybe the better compliment from a dominance standpoint.

The game vs. Houston proved our depth and ability to turn it up, we need to fortify that with consistency during the regular season and Playoffs. This is definitely a move to ponder going forward IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

No way Lakers trade AC for Dwight.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

It would be really stupid to trade AC for Howard.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

AC for Dwight? too low a selling point, AC+Kuz for Lonzo maybe, not for less
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

This may sound crazy, but Caruso is still underrated...even on LG!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Untied best record in the league now.
yeahhhhh
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

criminally underrated.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

criminally underrated.

Trade a solid contributor in the playoffs to someone who barely played? They even started AC over Dwight in the tmost important game of the season and they want to bring back Dwight over him lmfao.

If they ever trade AC (which I doubt), they will trade him to a higher value player than Dwight. Heck if I am the GM, I wont even trade AC to a player like Lou Wlliams who consistently gone missing in the playoffs.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Wow.. Didn't expect to see someone really think that was a good idea. Caruso for Dwight is an awful trade to say the least. Caruso is the kind of high iq role player every Championship needs at least 1 or 2 of. That would go down as one of the worst trades i've seen the Lakers make in some time and thankfully we have a competent FO that would not even remotely consider it.

Call me crazy but i'd rather have Trezz out there over Dwight anyways. The very few big Centers he cant guard that well he will have AD who is the best Center in the NBA covering for him on top of that same big center having to guard Trez on the other end, good luck with that (Not to mention Marc as well who is actually playable in much of the Playoffs unlike McGee). We are not the Clippers, Vogel will put Trez in the right spots and not leave him on an island against Jokic (Who Marc will start against anyways).

We also have Morris who is already playing low minutes. We could use an emergency guy for the end of the bench in case of worst scenarios but we're set this season outside of a probable buyout addition later in the season.
Lakerwayne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:02 am    Post subject:

Plus Caruso is like 10 years younger than Dwight cmon. But anyway I feel like people loved Caruso last year and now they all forgot about him cuz of tht. Haha I guess that’s how it goes cuz fans get emotional and latch on to new young players but I’m glad that the lakers front office doesn’t think so emotionally like that Caruso will most likely stick around unless it’s part a trade for a star or something
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject:

I’m ok losing to clippers, first game if the season so no big deal! Portland always play us tough and I expected a loss but I can’t get over losing to San Antonio at home!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
I’m ok losing to clippers, first game if the season so no big deal! Portland always play us tough and I expected a loss but I can’t get over losing to San Antonio at home!

We can make it a new tradition to lose that first game of the season to the Clippers to give them false hope while ultimately hanging yet another banner when things really matter.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject:

3 losses
- PG went crazy from the 3 ( repeatable, but I doubt he does it in the playoffs)
-Gary Trent jr went crazy from the 3 ( yeah, not going to happen again)

-whole Spurs went crazy from the 3 ( I doubt it happens again)
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Can you be underrated if you’re the GOAT
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject:

Would not trade Caruso for Howard. Even as much as I would like to see another defensive center with size added.

At this point, I’m simply waiting for the point of the season when they can add another player financially or a a surprise waived player after the mid season break. They likely have a couple players already targeted. Would not be shocked if they had made some “keep in shape, you might have a job” calls.

Lakers are starting to play well. Defensive intensity is picking up (Caruso strength) and it is helping get easy baskets. The depth is working well. I would not be in a rush to change it with trades.

Most importantly, the chemistry seems to be incredible again this year. The announcers last night made some great points about the culture from management to players. Refreshing to hear positive comments about the Lakers.

Respect to the team for changing the culture and narrative. The leadership of Vogel and James has been talked about but the buy-in from all the players is impressive.

They have it rolling, just keep that momentum building. Have to prove it again tonight. My guess is CHI is not going to quit before the tip like the Rockets. Have to keep banking the wins when things are going well. At some point, adversity will hit the team this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: