OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 833, 834, 835 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Alex Caruso has improved his three point shooting, THT made huge improvements too over last season. And yet here we have Kuzma, still the same garbage point collector with no signature weapon on offense and gets burned constantly on D.

Well Kuz shooting about 39% from 3 so far this year. My only issue with him is that he tries to do too much. Expectation is still high on him, But a lot of people in here like to compare him to BI, Randle, DLo, Clarkson who all got a big contracts now. If you actually realize he is who he is then he is not a bad role player with his contract.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Alex Caruso has improved his three point shooting, THT made huge improvements too over last season. And yet here we have Kuzma, still the same garbage point collector with no signature weapon on offense and gets burned constantly on D.

Well Kuz shooting about 39% from 3 so far this year. My only issue with him is that he tries to do too much. Expectation is still high on him, But a lot of people in here like to compare him to BI, Randle, DLo, Clarkson who all got a big contracts now. If you actually realize he is who he is then he is not a bad role player with his contract.

Gotta compare him to a KCP, MPJ, Wiggins... role player, 3rd option/6MOY ceiling, he’s been doing great this season
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

I hope Kuz can keep his 3 point shooting up. He's doing fine this year so far in his current role.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Kuz has improved as a shooter and he still takes way too many heat checks (or low IQ) shots that mess his averages up. So far, his 3 point shooting has been an improvement.

Everything else is the same and inconsistent. But the 3 ball is legit better so far.

I thought he could make a KCP like improvement this year and the 3 ball is a good sign of that. The real issue for Kuz is that for in order for him to really succeed he needs AD at the 5, Bron at the 4-3 so he can play the 3-4. We just have so much talent and AD plays 4 in the RS, it makes it tough to get Kuz minutes like we do KCP. KCP thrives playing off AD-Bron, but he also plays a natural backcourt-wing role. We change Kuz role around a lot, and to his credit he does not whine he adjusts. I genuinely like this guy based on that fact alone, very few guys his age would take all that (bleep) he does and still wanna stay a Laker.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

Coach Vogel plays Kuzma well. He is switching from 2-4. He play decent defense and hit some 3s now and is good at off ball and running fastbreaks
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

When Kuz just relies strictly on his jumper is when he gets me bleeping. But when Kuz is active running and cutting to the basket, that's where he really shines, because it makes him versatile and opens up so many avenues and different looks for his jumper because it leaves the defense guessing.

On defense, I have no complaints, he's been solid. He's really improved his man-to-man, and him adding that help defense, chase down block at least once per game now is good to see.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

I see Kuz getting traded at some point. Now that he has the extension, they can make salaries work to get a decent player
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

I'd be absolutely shocked if they traded Kuz this year. Maybe next season but considering the "poison pill" aspect of it and how we're loaded this season and he's been great this year as that 3rd to 6th option while still improving his defensive game. His shot looks so much better this year as well, even the misses since his confidence looks to be up there with KCP to start the season. He's out there still figuring out his role too but at his contract number I love him for depth since we don't have to rely on him trying to become that 3rd option anymore. He's now a great luxury that has been asking to guard the other teams best perimeter players to start the year to prove his defensive improvements and as a fan you have to love that because it's def. shown.

I don't have any problem with shot selection either, I think he's reigned it in quite a bit but he's also completely unafraid of late shot clock and end of quarter fg% busters and that's a good thing imo. He throws up a shot here and there i'd rather he wouldn't but pretty much every player does that and as long as the rest of his game improves and he plays on both ends keeping those kind of shots to a small amount it's fine with me. I love this version of Kuz on this roster.

It's a very underrated aspect about Kuz but the guy never complains or causes any drama no matter what role is asked of him. That's not something every player just happily accepts when they're young especially.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
I see Kuz getting traded at some point. Now that he has the extension, they can make salaries work to get a decent player

I don't think he can be traded this season... Also what decent player are you looking for. He's decent at his role and I like his production being 4th-6th option on this team.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
phantasyman wrote:

I don't think he can be traded this season... Also what decent player are you looking for. He's decent at his role and I like his production being 4th-6th option on this team.

Yeah I think he's pretty much playing to the level of his contract.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:

If he can keep hitting threes at at 38%+ then he's earning his keep. Keep stretching the floor and putting in an effort defensively and I'm happy.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

If he can keep hitting threes at at 38%+ then he's earning his keep. Keep stretching the floor and putting in an effort defensively and I'm happy.

Defensively he's improved to no longer clueless and occasionally good.

Offensively his stroke looks better but his IQ is still low.

He is what he is...inconsistent potential that will make you throw the remote at the wall once a week.

#BannersOverBillboards
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

He's proving he's a 3 and sort-of-D role player which is what he's going to be paid as. However, I sort of feel for him out there with the second unit where he gets way to many last resort passes for percentage busters or fast break opportunities 1/2 way under the rim. The lack of a high caliber PG really effects a few of the Bigs more than the guards.

He's meeting expectations and improving a bit.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I agree, his IQ level is very low and he does take I'll advised shots. In my opinion, he is too inconsistent. I would need to see more improvement, more slashing to the basket to spread the floor

CervantesRises wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Defensively he's improved to no longer clueless and occasionally good.

Offensively his stroke looks better but his IQ is still low.

He is what he is...inconsistent potential that will make you throw the remote at the wall once a week.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

He has lost so much passion and energy, either because of his role or he's just mentally taken a back seat to all the other big name players.

Remember when he used drive and dunk, slash to the rim, etc. It's a rarity now. He just drifts around most of the time, without any intensity, waiting to get passed the ball and shoot.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
phantasyman wrote:

Kuz and Caruso salary works for Lonzo Ball this season
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
He has lost so much passion and energy, either because of his role or he's just mentally taken a back seat to all the other big name players.

Remember when he used drive and dunk, slash to the rim, etc. It's a rarity now. He just drifts around most of the time, without any intensity, waiting to get passed the ball and shoot.

This. Some people just lose their passion for the game. He's won a championship, has more money to last a lifetime and some people just don't have the drive to become better. Kuzma is not a leader-type it seems.

I think THT has that. AD has that. LeBron is on another level. That incessant will to work, to learn, to win.

Some guys just coast after getting what they want. Unfortunately, I think Kuz is there and has been moving down the depth chart in lieu of guys that just want it more.

It is what it is. Fortunately, with his decline, we've got plenty to fill the void.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
phantasyman wrote:

For me Caruso is untouchable ... jus sayin'
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

IMO Kuzma should not get minutes ahead of players like Wes, Caruso, THT at the 2 and 3 positions. They are simply better than him, period.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
phantasyman wrote:

Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Like his hustle and effort, but man, can this guy not make a crisp pass. Erratic passing.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Kuz looked good with his effort today. He was attacking the glass and challenging shots well. Would be nice to see more of a consistent effort on that end.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Very good game today. No flashy stats, just good production and solid D. Nice rebounding today, too.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1349204642853318657?s=21
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I really think Kuz has real potential to become the Lakers official water boy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 833, 834, 835 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 834 of 880
Jump to: