Would You trade for Harden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would You trade for Harden?
Yes
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
No
81%
 81%  [ 79 ]
Total Votes : 97

Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Would Golden State offer Wiseman + Wiggins + own pick + Minnesota pick for Harden? And would Houston accept?

No x 2
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

He's scoring less, shooting worse, but at least he's consistent...playing the same terrible D he always does.

Without a coach spoon feeding him a ton of shots, he won't score anywhere near like he's done in the past. His recent poor shooting appears to be a reflection on work ethic and at this stage of his career. He can keep partying without a mask in Houston because I don't trust him to do what's best for this team.

I like the combination of offense and defense that guys like KCP and AC play much better than the 1 side of the court ball that he plays.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

As much as people here hate Mike D’antoni, his system works with certain teams. The rockets found success with him the last four years, maybe not to go deep in the playoffs but good enough to be considered a dark horse contender.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

If you see how bad harden is without the ball in his hand all the time, you wouldn’t want to trade for him.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
As much as people here hate Mike D’antoni, his system works with certain teams. The rockets found success with him the last four years, maybe not to go deep in the playoffs but good enough to be considered a dark horse contender.

Eh, D'Antoni needs specific types of players to make it work though. As a Lakers coach, he did a horrible job trying to force our bigs into three point shooters because he didn't like posting them up that much.

Even in Houston, we see that his lineups over the last few years worked to some extent because (for example) PJ Tucker's role on offense was to catch corner threes and shoot them. This season, the new coach has the team running a more diverse motion offense and Tucker looks terrible in it since his ball handling and play making abilities are limited.

I guess its giving credit to a GM (in Phoenix and in Houston) who helped build a team that MD could coach is just as important as MD's coaching if not moreso. He's too focused on one side of the floor without much flexibility to adjust to alternative rosters to get my utmost respect.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:57 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Eh, D'Antoni needs specific types of players to make it work though. As a Lakers coach, he did a horrible job trying to force our bigs into three point shooters because he didn't like posting them up that much.

Even in Houston, we see that his lineups over the last few years worked to some extent because (for example) PJ Tucker's role on offense was to catch corner threes and shoot them. This season, the new coach has the team running a more diverse motion offense and Tucker looks terrible in it since his ball handling and play making abilities are limited.

I guess its giving credit to a GM (in Phoenix and in Houston) who helped build a team that MD could coach is just as important as MD's coaching if not moreso. He's too focused on one side of the floor without much flexibility to adjust to alternative rosters to get my utmost respect.

No coach is looking great with this current version of Harden. If Harden was playing up to his usual self and in at least kind of decent shape (both mentally and physically) I bet the Rockets would look close to last years team. That locker room has to be toxic as well and that kind of thing affects the entire organization from the Players up and will only get worse if they don't win games.

D'Antoni has had some pretty loaded rosters throughout his head coaching career while winning as many Championships as I have and his teams consistently play worse in the Playoffs then the Regular season while most Championship teams take the opposite approach.

Him and Harden were just great together since they could consistently look like a monster in the regular season but fall apart together in the Playoffs.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject:

Harden has long been one of the most overrated players in the league and right now he’s a train wreck. The fact that he’s allowed himself to get horribly out of game shape is unprofessional to the core.

Even at his best, he’s just good enough to lose with.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject:

Trade Kuzma and Harrell for harden
Trade harden for lamelo and picks
Prosper

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

Harden definitely had his pregame meal lol, Hou announcer is savage

he seems to have quit, not playing hard at all, grab Ben Simmons and move on
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

I would not trade for Harden.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

Can't post the link right now, but Nick Wright (on Twitter) tweeted that Brooklyn is willing to include Kyrie.

No doubt his recent antics have led to this. But if Brooklyn is actually a place that Kyrie wants to be, imagine the nightmare he will be in Houston.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

I don’t think he fits. His d last year wasn’t horrible but Vogel seems to demand defense which isn’t first on hardens to do list
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

I would not trade FOR Kyrie or Harden.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

Vogel and Harden is a recipe for disaster IMHO. Harden is entitled and FAR from selfless. Vogel demands effort on defense. Frank is a diplomat, but i don't see this working.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

On the broadcast last night, they said he's shooting 27% three pt shots. He's #6 in turnovers, every player attacks him on defense, and he has a large salary. What a bargain!
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

Too many pregame meals for me.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

Harden gonna bounce back to form... just wouldn't do it for the rox. Harden is re-taking the upper hand from the owner
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Yes, but only after he loses 15 pounds
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

The talent is unquestioned.

The heart. Work ethic. Chemistry problems are all for real.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

Harden is intentionally tanking his value. I can't stand his style of play but he can put up buckets, I'd def take him.

If he goes to Philly for 30 cents on the dollar they immediately become our biggest threat to the crown. For BKN similar.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

Harden is a franchise player. I would say yes cause Lebron and AD will motivate him to be better and winning a championship should change his attitude. The talent is there.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

No. He came into this season intentionally out of shape. Constantly goes to strip clubs after games instead of working on his game. Blame everyone but himself for his failures and why he can't take his team further.

Then he intentionally sabotages his team's efforts by not going to training camp, saying he was "working with his trainers", then shows up in the worst shape of his career. Then continues to blame the franchise, management, and his teammates for the team's issues and not drawing any attention to the shape he came into this season.

No. I wouldn't trade for him, and I'd never want to see him in Purple and Gold. We're fine without him. I hope Houston sends him to Cleveland or something.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Depth vs Diva?
I take depth and team chemistry vs out of shape stripclubber.

Last edited by cathy78 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

As a 3rd best player, the responsibility on his shoulders would be a lot less. This is a hypothetical, so yes, in that scenario, yes. Why - because in that dream world scenario where we have the assets Houston wants, James and Davis talk with Harden BEFORE we even make a move. Think about Dwight last year, how they talked to him ... There is Lakers culture and a winning tradition with defensive workhorse mentality from their coach. Harden would get in line real quick.

So yes, I would trade for him, and as he showed in OKC, he can be a combo guard. MDA turned him into an isolation PG only guy, but there is no doubt in my mind James has the skill to be a secondary ballhandler and play the "Wade-Kyrie" role. Just think about it, Dennis' usage is 23-24%. James Harden would be a tad more if he got in line. Talent is talent, and I can't stand the guy. It would literally hurt me to see him on the Lakers, as I have disliked his game since he left OKC. But if you can get a talent like that as your 3rd best player on a steal type of trade ... I do it. The longterm asset alone as having 3 bonafide superstars, makes this team a dynasty, and allows the Lakers to possibly win rings even after Bron is no longer a top 3 players in the league (something I can not say right now with the AD-Bron + role player formula).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Caris Levert/Oladipo is the best player Houston could get for Harden, what!!! Nets with the robbery
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: