Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Nets do have a GS ish starting five:

Flat earth
Pregame meals
Joe Harris
Snake (not mamba kind, two tongue one)
DeAndre

Our 1-11 is better overall and our D should be better too

Name calling aside... that team is brutal... Plus don't they still have Shamet and Dinwiddie?

Our main hope is that Kyrie doesn't play the rest of the season.

I'm worried about his mental health... so that part I hope gets better... but otherwise... I really don't want to see that team with all three functioning well.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
governator wrote:
Nets do have a GS ish starting five:

Flat earth
Pregame meals
Joe Harris
Snake (not mamba kind, two tongue one)
DeAndre

Our 1-11 is better overall and our D should be better too

Name calling aside... that team is brutal... Plus don't they still have Shamet and Dinwiddie?

Our main hope is that Kyrie doesn't play the rest of the season.

I'm worried about his mental health... so that part I hope gets better... but otherwise... I really don't want to see that team with all three functioning well.

Dinwiddie is out for the season
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(Lebron) dragged terrible teams to the finals

Heat - Wade, Bosh (2 franchise players at one point, all stars with Bron). 4 Finals, 2 titles.

Cavs - Kyrie, Love (2 all-stars, near superstar in Kyrie, all-stars with Bron) 4 Finals, 1 title.

In no shape or form has AD ever had a Kyrie, Wade level player, let alone a prime Bosh or Love level player. Closest was Cousins for half a season .....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

The answer my friend

Is blowing in the wind

The answer is blowing in the wind
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Heat - Wade, Bosh (2 franchise players at one point, all stars with Bron). 4 Finals, 2 titles.

Cavs - Kyrie, Love (2 all-stars, near superstar in Kyrie, all-stars with Bron) 4 Finals, 1 title.

In no shape or form has AD ever had a Kyrie, Wade level player, let alone a prime Bosh or Love level player. Closest was Cousins for half a season .....

LBJ
Ilgauskas
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic

LBJ brought that team to the finals in 2007
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LBJ
Ilgauskas
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic

In the weakest east conference in history and got destroyed in the NBA Finals. That was a great effort by Bron, that year, though. And the argument is not that AD can lead a team to a title like Bron - it is about the Pels. The Pels had weak teams around AD ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LBJ
Ilgauskas
Daniel Gibson
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pavlovic

In the weakest east conference in history and got destroyed in the NBA Finals. That was a great effort by Bron, that year, though. And the argument is not that AD can lead a team to a title like Bron - it is about the Pels. The Pels had weak teams around AD ....

I think AD is really good guy... and a talented player... I just haven't seen that winning gene inside of him yet.

When you look at players like Shaq, LBJ, Kareem... their teams improved like 20 games when they came on board... when AD came into the league... his individual numbers were great, but his team record barely changed.

I'm not trying to drive you crazy... I hope you are right... I just haven't seen it yet. It's his ninth year in the league so at this point I'm not optimistic it will happen. I hope you are right and that we continue to win when LBJ declines... So far, it doesn't seem like that will happen unless we find that alpha replacement.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Is AD physically gifted enough to be that alpha player? Yes

I just haven't seen him do it.

I'm not sure how this became a debate about Davis, but for what's worth, I agree with this. He may be the best player on a team, but he needs someone else to be the alpha. That's not a terrible thing, and besides Davis could still grow into the role.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
drae wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I wonder who of the people who said we should trade everything to get AD... are now saying that Brooklyn is too thin.

I don't have time to look at everyone's history... but if people thought we should give up most of our depth for AD... then they should agree that Brooklyn made the right move to trade for Harden.

I think it all depends on whether Kyrie is mentally healthy. If he's having a bipolar episode, then Brooklyn won't win with two players. If Kyrie is okay then I think Brooklyn is the favorite, although nothing can go wrong for them healthwise.

Personally I think they gave up too much, but maybe they know Kyrie can't be relied upon this season.

If you look at my history I said I wouldn't trade more than 2 youngsters for AD, but the astounding chemistry between AD and Lebron and the seemless fit between those 2, combined with the re-emergence of Rondo and the emergence of Caruso and Dwight having a complete 180 degree attitude shift made me look silly.

I'll take looking silly though if it means winning a championship.

I think this fit won't work for Brooklyn and they'll need to flip Kyrie. I guess there could be a whole set of circumstances go their way that might lead them to a championship also, but I feel the Nets at the moment are a powder keg

EDIT: Brooklyn not Boston

We lucked out last season. I still give 90% of the team's success to LBJ... AD is like a super version of Pau.

It's impossible to argue that we gave up too much because we won a championship. But had we not won, I think you'd see more self reflection by everyone.

I'd have done that trade for LBJ or Shaq in his prime... maybe a handful of others... but not for AD.

Maybe when LBJ goes downhill, AD will surprise me and become a dominant alpha player. I think more likely we become a better version of the old Pelicans... unless Rob can rob some teams along the way.

As LBJ goes... so goes the team... I just hope he has few more good years left so Rob has time to retool.

You are saying BI+ball +hart +3 first round picks can get us prime lebron or prime shaq?
We didn’t give up too much for AD.
Lakers picks are mostly worthless since AD is signed long term, chances of them being lottery are slim to none
BI developed into an all star, sure. Who says he could do the same with the lakers?
Ball is mediocre at best
Hart is journeyman level at best

Is BI ever going to be as good as AD? I highly doubt that

No we didn’t luck out. We were the best team because of lebron just like bucks with giannis, clippers with kawhi

AD is great but we overpaid... remember we've lost Randle, DLo, Clarkson, LNJ, BI, Zo, Josh, Thomas Bryant, Svi, #4, 3 future #1... Mo, Bonga, Zubac... It's the cumulative loss that bothers me because AD hasn't proven he can win without LBJ.

BI so far has the same problem that AD has... he puts up good numbers... but hasn't shown the ability to lead his team to wins as the alpha. IF he starts doing that... then the trade really looks like it was too much.

We didn’t pay those for AD, they were room clearing moves for lebron or clean up for dumb moves by Mitch.
The trade was Bi+ Zo+ hart + 3 picks+ 2 pick swaps.
Would you trade Ad back to the Pelicans for the same players and picks now?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Lets see what happens in Brooklyn - they have to sort out the Kyrie situation, does he suddenly become a good teammate, does he sulk and play on again - off again, do the Nets turn around and trade him now. Lots of questions regarding chemistry.

Then they have to get through the East - true Toronto is down right now, but you have the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Heat lots of potential trouble especially for a team that is not all that defensively.

Houston got out of Harden and Westbrook and got their first round picks again, probably about the best they could do on the road to rebuild.

Pacers may have gotten much better with Lavert and got rid of Olidapio. Cleveland even wins in this deal getting Allen, who is probably much better than they would have gotten with this years first round pick.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

They will need an offseason to properly build this team. I don’t see how you win without having a front court. Deandre will pretty much be hunted in the post season like everyone did with Javale and he becomes unplayable.

They basically have no interior presence. I assume they will have KD play PF, but he will get bullied by pretty much everyone in the post as a defender.

Jeff Green is their likely small ball center, unless they plan to move a Durant there. No team will beat the lakers in small ball while we can slide AD to center.

Brooklyn also has no wing defense if they are playing Durant inside. Obviously the trade doesn’t happen if they don’t move Allen, but losing him really hurt. Not because he’s amazing, but because he was all they had

I expect they will be very active in the buyout market. Whether or not they can fill these holes will be key though. If they could pickup a guy like Markieff like we did last year, that would go a long way. Even then Harden and Irving seemingly get worse defensively every season.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Lets see what happens in Brooklyn - they have to sort out the Kyrie situation, does he suddenly become a good teammate, does he sulk and play on again - off again, do the Nets turn around and trade him now. Lots of questions regarding chemistry.

Then they have to get through the East - true Toronto is down right now, but you have the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Heat lots of potential trouble especially for a team that is not all that defensively.

Houston got out of Harden and Westbrook and got their first round picks again, probably about the best they could do on the road to rebuild.

Pacers may have gotten much better with Lavert and got rid of Olidapio. Cleveland even wins in this deal getting Allen, who is probably much better than they would have gotten with this years first round pick.

Miami and Milwaukee are still better than Brooklyn unless they pick up some front court help somewhere.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

KD is currently averaging 30 points on 54/45/87, shooting 90% at the rim and an absurd eFG of 61%.

Kyrie is currently averaging 27 points on 50/43/100, with an eFG of 60% and #2 in league Raptor. 43% from three on 9 attempts a game!

Small sample size, but these two are currently the most elite scorers on the season. This team will be silly offensively, but so much can go wrong.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Harden couldn't play with CPIII and chased him away.

Harden couldn't play with Westbrook and chased him away.

Both CPIII and Westbrook are potential Hall of Famers.

Why does anyone think that Harden can play with Irving?

Why does anyone think that Harden can play with Durant?

Does anyone believe that Nash (with D'Antoni as an assistant) can control Harden better than D'Antoni did by himself?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

It'll be nice to have some serious competition in the playoffs. Lakers in 6.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

First off, Nets won't make finals. Too many distractions this year. Lakers would either sweep or win a finals series in 5 games. The Nets will be a force next season if Kyrie and Harden are all on the same page with Durant.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

We have depth all over the place. We would dominate
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
KD is currently averaging 30 points on 54/45/87, shooting 90% at the rim and an absurd eFG of 61%.

Kyrie is currently averaging 27 points on 50/43/100, with an eFG of 60% and #2 in league Raptor. 43% from three on 9 attempts a game!

Small sample size, but these two are currently the most elite scorers on the season. This team will be silly offensively, but so much can go wrong.

It's early in the season and both guys are fresh right now. Both coming from a long layoff. Trying to see how they both hold up. But that team will blow a lot of teams out and they can afford to arrest one or two guys since they have 3 elite guys on that team.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
drae wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I wonder who of the people who said we should trade everything to get AD... are now saying that Brooklyn is too thin.

I don't have time to look at everyone's history... but if people thought we should give up most of our depth for AD... then they should agree that Brooklyn made the right move to trade for Harden.

I think it all depends on whether Kyrie is mentally healthy. If he's having a bipolar episode, then Brooklyn won't win with two players. If Kyrie is okay then I think Brooklyn is the favorite, although nothing can go wrong for them healthwise.

Personally I think they gave up too much, but maybe they know Kyrie can't be relied upon this season.

If you look at my history I said I wouldn't trade more than 2 youngsters for AD, but the astounding chemistry between AD and Lebron and the seemless fit between those 2, combined with the re-emergence of Rondo and the emergence of Caruso and Dwight having a complete 180 degree attitude shift made me look silly.

I think this fit won't work for Brooklyn and they'll need to flip Kyrie. I guess there could be a whole set of circumstances go their way that might lead them to a championship also, but I feel the Nets at the moment are a powder keg

We lucked out last season. I still give 90% of the team's success to LBJ... AD is like a super version of Pau.

It's impossible to argue that we gave up too much because we won a championship. But had we not won, I think you'd see more self reflection by everyone.

I'd have done that trade for LBJ or Shaq in his prime... maybe a handful of others... but not for AD.

Maybe when LBJ goes downhill, AD will surprise me and become a dominant alpha player. I think more likely we become a better version of the old Pelicans... unless Rob can rob some teams along the way.

As LBJ goes... so goes the team... I just hope he has few more good years left so Rob has time to retool.

You are saying BI+ball +hart +3 first round picks can get us prime lebron or prime shaq?
Lakers picks are mostly worthless since AD is signed long term, chances of them being lottery are slim to none
BI developed into an all star, sure. Who says he could do the same with the lakers?
Ball is mediocre at best

No we didn’t luck out. We were the best team because of lebron just like bucks with giannis, clippers with kawhi

AD is great but we overpaid... remember we've lost Randle, DLo, Clarkson, LNJ, BI, Zo, Josh, Thomas Bryant, Svi, #4, 3 future #1... Mo, Bonga, Zubac... It's the cumulative loss that bothers me because AD hasn't proven he can win without LBJ.

BI so far has the same problem that AD has... he puts up good numbers... but hasn't shown the ability to lead his team to wins as the alpha. IF he starts doing that... then the trade really looks like it was too much.

We didn’t pay those for AD, they were room clearing moves for lebron or clean up for dumb moves by Mitch.

I would have played chicken with Klutch and waited and signed him this year.

We would be down one title... but we'd be set up for the next ten years.

At this point Klutch is running the show with Rob... and to be fair they've done a good job... but we gave up too much.

I'm enjoying the winning for the time being... but I'm just concerned every time LBJ has an off game whether the decline is finally starting.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

No one knows if AD would have signed with the Lakers in your parallel universe.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Giannis is back to being the underdog after multiple upsets as the East favorite. Maybe the Bucks will actually play well without the target on their back.

Nets 120+
Bucks 350+

Wow
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
drae wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Ball is mediocre at best

We would be down one title... but we'd be set up for the next ten years.

At this point Klutch is running the show with Rob... and to be fair they've done a good job... but we gave up too much.

I'm enjoying the winning for the time being... but I'm just concerned every time LBJ has an off game whether the decline is finally starting.

Lol.

Down 1 title, probably down Lebron and Klutch probably has AD in New York.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Their defense is going to atrocious.

3 ball dominant players, idk how that will work. Harden and Dantoni are reunited at least.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe Houston was considered to be "without leverage" despite James having another year on his contract. This league smh
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I think some people are forgetting when Harden is in peak form, teams are forced to blitz him on the perimeter. You cant do that if they have Durant, Joe Harris, and Irving ready to catch his outlet pass.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 4 of 73
Jump to: