OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5637, 5638, 5639 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Still surprise Nets only had to give up Lavert and Allen for Harden... Definitely thought that they would have had to include either Dinwiddie, Harris, or at least Shamet.

Yeah makes no sense when the trade including Dinwiddie still wasn't considered enough.

If Simmons was off the table, I would understand them taking that deal. However, from what I am reading, Simmons was on the table and the Rockets just got greedy asking for more players. Imo, they took the worse deal to stick it to Morey.

Knowing this owner, he took the worst deal to avoid paying $$.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

chantruong wrote:
drae wrote:
This certainly wasn't Plan A for the Rockets, who hoped Harden could lead them back to the conference finals this season. As compared to how bleak the future looked after last year's playoff elimination, however, Houston now has a reasonable path forward.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/insider/story/_/id/30705317/james-harden-trade-grades-winners-losers-stunning-deal

ESPN are saying Houston won this trade

Depends on how you value draft picks. My train of thought is that the team that gets the best player wins the trade and depending on another team's downfall usually backfires. Reason why Houston needed more surefire things than picks

Winners of the trade ranked:

1) Pacers - LeVert through 2023, get under the luxury tax, and get a 2nd round pick for their trouble? Aces.

2) Nets - get the best player in the deal by far for three young guys unlikely to ever make an All-Star appearance and a whole lot of future draft capital and flexibility; Harden's age and the combustibility of the situation are the only thing keeping them from being clear winners, but Harden, Durant, and whatever Kyrie can be turned into could be the best core in the East.

3) Cavs - snuck in and got their potential big man of the future for Dante Exum and a future late 1st Bucks pick; only negative is Allen's potential next contract being a bit too rich.

4) Rockets - Oladipo in contract mode could help them stay afloat as a low-end playoff team this season, but I don't know that I'd pass on LeVert's guaranteed deal for the opportunity to re-sign Oladipo to a max this summer. Kurucs and Exum are whatever. Fertitta got petty, Harden got what he wanted in the end, and now Houston hopes the new look Nets turn into the next version of the Pierce/Garnett/D. Williams Nets.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

chantruong wrote:
drae wrote:
chantruong wrote:
drae wrote:
chantruong wrote:
drae wrote:
This certainly wasn't Plan A for the Rockets, who hoped Harden could lead them back to the conference finals this season. As compared to how bleak the future looked after last year's playoff elimination, however, Houston now has a reasonable path forward.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/insider/story/_/id/30705317/james-harden-trade-grades-winners-losers-stunning-deal

Depends on how you value draft picks. My train of thought is that the team that gets the best player wins the trade and depending on another team's downfall usually backfires.

This is my train of thought - Brooklyn mortgaged their future for these 3. If they don't win a championship in the next couple of years, they lose the trade period. Doesn't matter who gets the best player.

So the question is can Harden, Kyrie, and KD deliver a championship when they just destroyed their interior defense, Kyrie and Harden don't play defense, and all 3 are ball hogs.

Imo if this deal keeps KD happy and gives them 4-5 window for a chip its a win. We're seeing a quite of a few of these "all-in" deals in recent memory (AD, PG, Holiday). People have heavily questioned them, but no doubt none of those teams would reverse those deals. There are so many good teams in the league (good thing for the NBA), not all these teams can win.

They have a 3 year window to win a chip and if they don't do it they've just sacrificed their future.

Just like the Clippers trade is abysmal until they win a championship, this trade is likewise until they win it all.

I'm not singling you out since a lot of fans from other teams feel this way, but I feel like winning it all is why do you these trades but not the end-all-be-all.

Brooklyn made it the be all and end all once they mortgaged their future
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Smoothness101 wrote:
Dantoni is on the staff so you know its gonna fizzle come playoffs.

He got the perfect players and shooters to run his style of play... It be a scary version of the Rockets IF they can get it together.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
chantruong wrote:
drae wrote:

Depends on how you value draft picks. My train of thought is that the team that gets the best player wins the trade and depending on another team's downfall usually backfires.

This is my train of thought - Brooklyn mortgaged their future for these 3. If they don't win a championship in the next couple of years, they lose the trade period. Doesn't matter who gets the best player.

So the question is can Harden, Kyrie, and KD deliver a championship when they just destroyed their interior defense, Kyrie and Harden don't play defense, and all 3 are ball hogs.

Ball hogs? Harden 10apg and KD/Kyrie 6apg. Those guys are great drive and kick out players. Also very good catch and shoot guys. They still have Harris, and Shamet who are very good shooters.

Really? lmao.. Harden is quite possibly the most ball dominant player of all time and at times looked frustrated when either CP3 or Westbrook took over ball handling duties for possessions. Only time will tell how this works out but if you looked up ball hog in the dictionary it would have a picture of Harden smiling right back at you. Looking at just stats does not tell the full story....

You're right all 3 of those guys are good at iso and eventually kicking the ball out but the big problem is there's only 1 ball for all 3 now

I think Durant will be completely fine for the most part but he's still going to do it at times and is Harden and Kyrie going to be fine over the long haul heavily altering/sacrificing? That's mos def. not a sure thing to say the least. They absolutely have the potential to be very dangerous, I highly doubt anyone will question that but they are far from being perfect compliments to each other and that's not even discussing the monumentally large ego's Nash will be having a blast trying to contain when he asks them to not only sacrifice there offensive games but to also play team defense for the first time in years.

It's why I think they will be far scarier next season then this one but the potential is absolutely still there I just have to see it before I get as worried as some are.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
chantruong wrote:
drae wrote:

Ball hogs? Harden 10apg and KD/Kyrie 6apg. Those guys are great drive and kick out players. Also very good catch and shoot guys. They still have Harris, and Shamet who are very good shooters.

Really? lmao.. Harden is quite possibly the most ball dominant player of all time and at times looked frustrated when either CP3 or Westbrook took over ball handling duties for possessions. Only time will tell how this works out but if you looked up ball hog in the dictionary it would have a picture of Harden smiling right back at you. Looking at just stats does not tell the full story....

You're right all 3 of those guys are good at iso and eventually kicking the ball out but the big problem is there's only 1 ball for all 3 now

I think Durant will be completely fine for the most part but he's still going to do it at times and is Harden and Kyrie going to be fine over the long haul heavily altering/sacrificing? That's mos def. not a sure thing to say the least. They absolutely have the potential to be very dangerous, I highly doubt anyone will question that but they are far from being perfect compliments to each other and that's not even discussing the monumentally large ego's Nash will be having a blast trying to contain when he asks them to not only sacrifice there offensive games but to also play team defense for the first time in years.

It's why I think they will be far scarier next season then this one but the potential is absolutely still there I just have to see it before I get as worried as some are.

They'd be far scarier if they could move Kyrie for complimentary pieces. But who'd touch Kyrie now?

Also, like Kyrie says, they don't have a coach it's a committee thing. So I guess they'll be managing their own egos by committee or something ...
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
chantruong wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Still surprise Nets only had to give up Lavert and Allen for Harden... Definitely thought that they would have had to include either Dinwiddie, Harris, or at least Shamet.

Yeah makes no sense when the trade including Dinwiddie still wasn't considered enough.

If Simmons was off the table, I would understand them taking that deal. However, from what I am reading, Simmons was on the table and the Rockets just got greedy asking for more players. Imo, they took the worse deal to stick it to Morey.

I don't see how dealing with Nets saved them more money. If anything the Sixers would have saved them more money if the Rockets insisted on taking EG's contract.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Rockets rejected Simmons, Thybulle and picks

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1349519348747145222
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
hype wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
chantruong wrote:
drae wrote:

They'd be far scarier if they could move Kyrie for complimentary pieces. But who'd touch Kyrie now?

Also, like Kyrie says, they don't have a coach it's a committee thing. So I guess they'll be managing their own egos by committee or something ...

Yeah, luckily Kyrie killed any possible trade value because I agree they'd be extremely scary if they could pull that trade off and add depth back. Still scary but they have A LOT to prove first.

It's going to be very interesting how they progress this season if they can sustain mental/physical health. Nash is about to have that Caruso bald eagle look by seasons end
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

The Morey factor
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Crazy. Nuts.

Just LMAO. Nets clearly figured they HAD to make a deal to be more competitive. I'm actually smiling a tad (and hoping it does not backfire on me) cuz I think this will blow up in the Nets face and become a total hot mess disaster. Kyrie is gonna not be happy, I doubt he lasts there long.

Harden now plays zero D and needs the ball. While this team will have scorers I have a feeling KD is going to be tearing his hair out at the lack of defense.

Yes, they will be a playoff team, but I do think a more "team" of a team will beat that group. That's not a team with a bunch of guys buying on defense (like the Heatles), it's 1 guy who will play D with two others who like to pad the stat sheet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Oh. Porzingis is back.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Crazy. Nuts.

Just LMAO. Nets clearly figured they HAD to make a deal to be more competitive. I'm actually smiling a tad (and hoping it does not backfire on me) cuz I think this will blow up in the Nets face and become a total hot mess disaster. Kyrie is gonna not be happy, I doubt he lasts there long.

Harden now plays zero D and needs the ball. While this team will have scorers I have a feeling KD is going to be tearing his hair out at the lack of defense.

Yes, they will be a playoff team, but I do think a more "team" of a team will beat that group. That's not a team with a bunch of guys buying on defense (like the Heatles), it's 1 guy who will play D with two others who like to pad the stat sheet.

Other than spiting Morey, the other rationale for taking the Nets deal is that literally want as little long money as possible, why they traded for an expiring Oladipo. Tillman trying to run the Rockets like a small market baseball team.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
chantruong wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I don't see how dealing with Nets saved them more money. If anything the Sixers would have saved them more money if the Rockets insisted on taking EG's contract.

He shaved $$ this season and didn’t take on any LT salary going forward. Simmons is on a max deal.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
chantruong wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

He shaved $$ this season and didn’t take on any LT salary going forward. Simmons is on a max deal.

Yeah i figured that out. I can't fathom an NBA owner being that cheap.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

How come the media isn't overhyping the almighty Clippers this year as much as last year? They been quiet lately, or it's just me?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what’s more funny the Rockets passing on Ben Simmons!!! Dissing Morey?

Or just the fact Houston sports in General is at an all time low?

ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Not sure what’s more funny the Rockets passing on Ben Simmons!!! Dissing Morey?

Or just the fact Houston sports in General is at an all time low?

At least the Cheatros got a *ring
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
DrDent wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Crazy. Nuts.

Other than spiting Morey, the other rationale for taking the Nets deal is that literally want as little long money as possible, why they traded for an expiring Oladipo. Tillman trying to run the Rockets like a small market baseball team.

So would they look to flip Oladipo for a 1st and expiring like OKC did with DS?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Jarrett Allen on the Cavs.....
When they already got Javale and Andre Drummond.

If he gets bought out I hope Rob finds a way to bring the San Diego kid back home into a Lakers jersey.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Crazy. Nuts.

With them rushing and forcing that move, it does make you wonder how confident they are that Kyrie even comes back this year or at any point.

With the news coming out that Kyrie may sit the year and that his relationship with KD has become "distant", who knows what will happen next.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

If he gets bought out I hope Rob finds a way to bring the San Diego kid back home into a Lakers jersey.

Lmao. He was a huge get for them. Why would they buy him out?
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Can't believe the Cavs have the number 1 defense.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Can't believe the Cavs have the number 1 defense.

Didn't the Lakers overtake them?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926539-lakers-rumors-talen-horton-tucker-drawing-interest-from-knicks-mavs-cavs

I hope he will not be traded, unless he will be traded to a high value guy, not someone like muscala. smh

If one of the followin, I think it's ok.

Allen (Cavs)
Osman (Cavs)
Robinson (Knicks)
Powell (Mavs)
Hardaway (Mavs)

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5637, 5638, 5639 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5638 of 8560
Jump to: