OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5638, 5639, 5640 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926539-lakers-rumors-talen-horton-tucker-drawing-interest-from-knicks-mavs-cavs

I hope he will not be traded, unless he will be traded to a high value guy, not someone like muscala. smh

No team can sign him away from the Lakers.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
leking006 wrote:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926539-lakers-rumors-talen-horton-tucker-drawing-interest-from-knicks-mavs-cavs

I hope he will not be traded, unless he will be traded to a high value guy, not someone like muscala. smh

What if one of this?

Allen (Cavs)
Osman (Cavs)
Robinson (Knicks)
Powell (Mavs)
Hardaway (Mavs)
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

What if one of this?

Allen (Cavs)
Osman (Cavs)
Robinson (Knicks)
Powell (Mavs)
Hardaway (Mavs)

No
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

What if one of this?

Allen (Cavs)
Osman (Cavs)
Robinson (Knicks)
Powell (Mavs)
Hardaway (Mavs)

I'll trade him for Sexton or Garland...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

So I was browsing through RealGM and I saw a thread.. “ should the Lakers trade there depth and future for a 3rd star “ in reaction to Brooklyn getting James Harden lol
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So I was browsing through RealGM and I saw a thread.. “ should the Lakers trade there depth and future for a 3rd star “ in reaction to Brooklyn getting James Harden lol

Not this year at least. Maybe if we don't get it done this year we can revisit this option in summer. I think we have enough for a decent-ish star (likely not enough for a Harden but w/e)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'd trade everyone besides AD and Lebron for Steph or Luka or Jokic, etc. But it ain't happenin'!
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, I'm good with the depth. We have great role players who are great in their role. And 3 or 4 guys outside of Lebron and AD that can go off for 15 to 20 plus on a given night while still playing within the offense.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Are the Lakers sure that they can keep THT amd not lost hin in the free agency? If not, it make sense that they will trade him if he already has a value now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of THT ever since that rumor came out that multiple teams were interested in him he hasn’t looked the same, maybe it’s coincidence but who knows.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Ball hogs? Harden 10apg and KD/Kyrie 6apg. Those guys are great drive and kick out players. Also very good catch and shoot guys. They still have Harris, and Shamet who are very good shooters.

Really? lmao.. Harden is quite possibly the most ball dominant player of all time and at times looked frustrated when either CP3 or Westbrook took over ball handling duties for possessions. Only time will tell how this works out but if you looked up ball hog in the dictionary it would have a picture of Harden smiling right back at you. Looking at just stats does not tell the full story....

You're right all 3 of those guys are good at iso and eventually kicking the ball out but the big problem is there's only 1 ball for all 3 now

Bingo. I think a lot of people fail to account for ball dominance. This isn't about assists or usage rate (which measures shots). It's about guys needing the ball in their hands to be effective. I'm pretty sure that this was the root of the issues between Harden and Paul, and later Harden and Westbrook. There were probably other factors that we may never know about, but it's a problem when you have multiple guys who need the ball in their hands.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
hype wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Ball hogs? Harden 10apg and KD/Kyrie 6apg. Those guys are great drive and kick out players. Also very good catch and shoot guys. They still have Harris, and Shamet who are very good shooters.

Really? lmao.. Harden is quite possibly the most ball dominant player of all time and at times looked frustrated when either CP3 or Westbrook took over ball handling duties for possessions. Only time will tell how this works out but if you looked up ball hog in the dictionary it would have a picture of Harden smiling right back at you. Looking at just stats does not tell the full story....

You're right all 3 of those guys are good at iso and eventually kicking the ball out but the big problem is there's only 1 ball for all 3 now

Bingo. I think a lot of people fail to account for ball dominance. This isn't about assists or usage rate (which measures shots). It's about guys needing the ball in their hands to be effective. I'm pretty sure that this was the root of the issues between Harden and Paul, and later Harden and Westbrook. There were probably other factors that we may never know about, but it's a problem when you have multiple guys who need the ball in their hands.

Add to that the non existent of defense. Who will defend in that lineup? The best one who can defend their is DJ who already pasr his prime. If they put KD in the C spot, big men will pummell him their. And no one in his team can stop opponents slashers.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

I’m pretty confident all 3 guys together won’t work. Where it gets interesting is if they can flip Kyrie into some good depth. But this Kyrie story is really, really strange. The guy just left the team out of nowhere and doesn’t seem to be coming back any time soon. Not sure what his trade value is at this point.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I’m pretty confident all 3 guys together won’t work. Where it gets interesting is if they can flip Kyrie into some good depth. But this Kyrie story is really, really strange. The guy just left the team out of nowhere and doesn’t seem to be coming back any time soon. Not sure what his trade value is at this point.

3 ball dominant guys wont work. Unless one of harden or kyrie will learn how to play off the ball. KD can definitely play off the ball, but I dont think the other 2 are confident with that, specially Harden. Playing of ball will decrease his foul baiting, and a sure decrease n FT where he gets most of his points. Look at what is happening with him in the rockets now playing offball.

But other than that, their main problem is their defense. No one in this nets team can defend.

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Rockets rejected Simmons, Thybulle and picks

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1349519348747145222

The Morey factor

Maybe, but it says to me that the Rockets don't value Simmons as much as some of you do. I happen to agree. It's a minority viewpoint, as least as of right now, but I think Simmons may be the single most overrated player in the league. It's not that he's bad, but that he is rated as a superstar. The metrics don't rate him as a top 50 player, and he's starting a five year max contract. If I were the Rockets, I wouldn't be so eager to snatch him. Maybe you'll be able to laugh at us in a couple years, but maybe not.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

The Morey factor

Maybe, but it says to me that the Rockets don't value Simmons as much as some of you do. I happen to agree. It's a minority viewpoint, as least as of right now, but I think Simmons may be the single most overrated player in the league. It's not that he's bad, but that he is rated as a superstar. The metrics don't rate him as a top 50 player, and he's starting a five year max contract. If I were the Rockets, I wouldn't be so eager to snatch him. Maybe you'll be able to laugh at us in a couple years, but maybe not.

Lol
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Even if you do view Simmons as overrated, GMs have a pretty good idea of a players' value around the league. So the Rockets might not value Simmons overly high, but if they know another team (or teams) that do they can easily flip him to another team.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

That whole 3 star thing won't go over well there, IMO. I'm actually looking forward to what I think will be a real crap show in the end.

With that said I will not deny I'm irritated he got his way like THAT fast. I mean not just traded, but to the team of his choice, in what, 2 months of him clamoring for it? Takes most guys a year+. Can't stand the special treatment that guy gets.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

The Morey factor

It's the $$ factor. The owner converted Harden to an expiring contract and future draft picks. Covid is crushing him. The team is still using game cups from last season.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Jarrett Allen on the Cavs.....
When they already got Javale and Andre Drummond.

If he gets bought out I hope Rob finds a way to bring the San Diego kid back home into a Lakers jersey.

Lmao. He was a huge get for them. Why would they buy him out?

Exactly. I actually like what the Cavs are doing. They already have 2 studs in Sexton and Garland. Getting Allen is huge for them as they really have a good young nucleus to build upon. Prince is also a good rotational player.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject:

I agree, Cavs are looking up.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject:

KD, up 3-1 in the 2016 WCF, loses to the 73 win Warriors. He then joins that Warriors team, creating by every metric the most elite team of all time. In the process, he denies Harden's 2018 Rockets (the best team of his career) and Kyrie's Cavs a chance at a Title, causing each team to implode. What happens next?

Harden joins KD and Kyrie.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

I do think if the Nets defend, in a well coached situation where Nash adjusts the minutes - staggers Kyrie-Harden-Durant such that 2 out of 3 are always on the floor in a playoff situation that is very very tough to defend.

I can see them easily get out of the East if they play solid D. No East team can match up with them. But so far, Nets have been average/inconsistent on D, and that is with some good defenders (that now went out in the trade).

Ironically I think we are one of the few teams that can play their team straight up. THT can be put on Harden. Alex/Dennis on Kyrie. AD on Durant. You won't stop them, by any means. But you would be able to at least defend and challenge their shots without calling for help every time down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

I also think that we fit well against them.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

The Morey factor

It's the $$ factor. The owner converted Harden to an expiring contract and future draft picks. Covid is crushing him. The team is still using game cups from last season.

were you surprised at the return dreamshake? would you have preferred Ben Simmons (I think Simmons is the better than Levert or Oladipo)?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5638, 5639, 5640 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5639 of 8560
Jump to: