Think We Need a Rim Protecting Big? (LAL rank 23rd in Defending Points in Paint)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Gasol and AD compliment LeBron the best due to their skillsets in tandem with their defense.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject:

Lakerwayne wrote:
Hell ya I would want Drummond he’d be the starter but we’d have to make a trade to get him

I am talking about buyout.

Normally a player of Drummond's stats does not get bought out, and the Cavs could get draft pick(s) if they are willing to take back longer contracts in trade. However, I got the impression that the Cavs did not really want him back when he picked up his option of 28M, and they are not pursuing what OKC did with Green for Horford. Just my impression.

So if Drummond is willing to leave money on the table, as Morris did last year, I can see the two sides reach a compromise.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:35 am    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:
Hell ya I would want Drummond he’d be the starter but we’d have to make a trade to get him

Normally a player of Drummond's stats does not get bought out, and the Cavs could get draft pick(s) if they are willing to take back longer contracts in trade. However, I got the impression that the Cavs did not really want him back when he picked up his option of 28M, and they are not pursuing what OKC did with Green for Horford. Just my impression.

So if Drummond is willing to leave money on the table, as Morris did last year, I can see the two sides reach a compromise.

If Drummond gets bought out I can pretty much guarantee he would go to the Nets or elsewhere.. The Lakers aren't even that in need of a big especially a bigger name like that who will want legit minutes. I hope he doesn't get bought out.
Lakerwayne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject:

Well the nets do have deandre Jordan already.

If Drummond was somehow bought out and came to the lakers if that was even a possibility wow just wow
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject:

Lakerwayne wrote:
Well the nets do have deandre Jordan already.

If Drummond was somehow bought out and came to the lakers if that was even a possibility wow just wow

Jordan is pretty washed at this point so Drummond would be a huge upgrade and make them legit in the front court which is there glaring weakness currently.

I agree with you though, that would be a homerun pickup for us without question. I just don't see it but would love to be wrong.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

If Drummond gets bought out I can pretty much guarantee he would go to the Nets or elsewhere.. The Lakers aren't even that in need of a big especially a bigger name like that who will want legit minutes. I hope he doesn't get bought out.

Yeah Drummond clogging the paint will give them an advantage defensively on a matchup. Brooklyn has enough offense but plugging in players like that in buyout market will be huge for them.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

i think with mckinnie proving hes the second coming of iggy he should be able to net us a top notch center
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

There's no way he gets bought out. He makes too much money and has some trade value. The Cavs are most likely not a playoff team so they have no issue getting back any player in return as long as the assets are there. Even then, if he gets bought out he can get claimed off waivers by Boston.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
hype wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

There's no way he gets bought out. He makes too much money and has some trade value. The Cavs are most likely not a playoff team so they have no issue getting back any player in return as long as the assets are there. Even then, if he gets bought out he can get claimed off waivers by Boston.

How does Boston make the cap room to claim?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
chantruong wrote:
hype wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

They have a 28 mill + trade exception from the Hayward trade
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

The Celtics could easily get Drummond with their TPE. It would definitely make them and the Nets the best teams in the East by far.

Wonder how Giannis would be feeling about that max contract he just accepted, when the Nets and the Celtics moving so far ahead of his team.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

If I'm the Cavs, I wouldn't buy him out. Worse case scenario, I'd hang onto his rights and look to do a sign and trade deal next season. That's worth more than saving a couple of million in a buyout.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

I think they have a $28.5 million exception, but Drummond's salary is $28.7 million. I believe a team must be able to fit the player's entire salary into the exception to make the claim, so I think they just miss out on being able to claim him with the exception.

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
chantruong wrote:
hype wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Lakerwayne wrote:

Thx forgot about that. Wonder what the final tax effect would be if any given partial season.

Well maybe not? Question above needs ti be settled.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Brooklyn now looking for a rim protecting big too
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Brooklyn now looking for a rim protecting big too

Exactly. We don't need to get desperate, but we can't sit back and do nothing either imo.

Dedmon, Vonleh and Thon Maker are still available. It's going to be interesting so see what happens with Javelle too.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

I think they have a $28.5 million exception, but Drummond's salary is $28.7 million. I believe a team must be able to fit the player's entire salary into the exception to make the claim, so I think they just miss out on being able to claim him with the exception.

Celtics can bring back a player earning TPE+100K. Your point still stands though. Drummond makes 28.7 and therefore the Celtics can not acquire him using the TPE.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

Celtics can bring back a player earning TPE+100K. Your point still stands though. Drummond makes 28.7 and therefore the Celtics can not acquire him using the TPE.

Thank you. I stand corrected.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

Raj is a good dude.

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1350855507083292675

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Jokic dropped 35/14/9 on arguably the most dominant defensive big in the NBA (Gobert lol). There's no stopping him, Just have to hope to contain him. I think Gasol will do that well for 24-28MPG in the playoffs if facing Denver. AD would have to step to the plate the other 10+ minutes.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Gobert is so overrated.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Gobert is so overrated.

Hey, he brought Corona to the NBA, work stoppage, bubble, just from slobbering on some microphones, so there is that.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Gobert is so overrated.

Can't help myself. I have to know why you feel Gobert is "overrated".

He has basically set the standard for defensive center play since he joined the League 7 years ago. Multiple time DPOY, multiple time All-Defensive Team, Multiple times AllPro. His stats, efficiency ratings, and impact on games is universally recognized by his peers and rank him in top 10 in multiple categories, multiple years.

What are you seeing that is so different?

Jokic having a huge game against him is noteworthy. Just one game and Nuggets still lost but still an accomplishment none the less.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

Gobert is a very good defender. I do not know why but for some reason only wing defense is valued by the masses. What Gobert does is both obvious on and off the ball.

The Jazz lack a second star on offense, but if they had Gobert, Mitchell and that 2nd star next to DM, they would be a legit championship level team.

Their second best shot creator is Jordan Clarkson ......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Gobert is so overrated.

Can't help myself. I have to know why you feel Gobert is "overrated".

He has basically set the standard for defensive center play since he joined the League 7 years ago. Multiple time DPOY, multiple time All-Defensive Team, Multiple times AllPro. His stats, efficiency ratings, and impact on games is universally recognized by his peers and rank him in top 10 in multiple categories, multiple years.

What are you seeing that is so different?

Jokic having a huge game against him is noteworthy. Just one game and Nuggets still lost but still an accomplishment none the less.

For me, this has nothing to do with Jokic.

Just the eye test for me is he isn’t as good as his stats. He can be played off the floor and struggled in a few situations. Just don’t think he’s worth that contract.

He is not a bad player...maybe it’s just Utah and analytics people trying to make him out to be one of the top centers to ever play the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 10 of 26
Jump to: