ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 285, 286, 287 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Serge Ibaka

He’s basically helped the Clips locker room from the half dozen of games I’ve watched this season

No Ibaka and the Clips all probably still dysfunctional and still bickering with each other
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Everyone made fun of clippers for their loss. They definitely deserves it.

At the same time. everyone giving too much hype to Lakers. Clippers definitely improved their roster and playing with much better attitude. at the same time Rob and co Messed up big time and created a regular season roster. we added DS who wans to be a starting PG where he definitely doesn't belong. Come Playoff LBJ and AD will be forced to play huge minutes.

All you do is complain on here about what is wrong about the team / organization.

I question if you're even a Laker fan.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Everyone made fun of clippers for their loss. They definitely deserves it.

At the same time. everyone giving too much hype to Lakers. Clippers definitely improved their roster and playing with much better attitude. at the same time Rob and co Messed up big time and created a regular season roster. we added DS who wans to be a starting PG where he definitely doesn't belong. Come Playoff LBJ and AD will be forced to play huge minutes.

All you do is complain on here about what is wrong about the team / organization.

I question if you're even a Laker fan.

Thought the exact same thing when I read that tbh. That reply is a mess of nonsense like much of his prior posts.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I'll say this of the Clippers ...

They're better than the Nets

That's for sure though
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Serge Ibaka

He’s basically helped the Clips locker room from the half dozen of games I’ve watched this season

No Ibaka and the Clips all probably still dysfunctional and still bickering with each other

Ibaka unifying Kawhi with rest of the Clippers?

Trez causing drama with THT on the Lakers?

Bizarro world.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Serge Ibaka

I’m sure Ibaka and Lue have been good for the locker room, but the reason they’ve been winning games this season has more to do with their insanely hot shooting. Look at what some of their guys are shooting from 3:

George: 50%
Kawhi: 41%
Batum: 47%
Beverly: 43%
Kennard: 46%
Morris: 47%

We’ll see where they’re at once those numbers normalize a bit. They were the 5th best defense last season. So far this year: 19th.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Offensively they are clicking at a very efficient rate. As I’ve said health permitting; we will see them in the playoffs for sure
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I could see the Mavs also possibly taking them out if they meet early on again.. Will Porzingis actually be healthy in the Playoffs though? That's the big question and without him they def. wont beat the Clippers 4 games.

It's also interesting that Kawhi is looking to play most games this year so far in a condensed season since they don't have much depth so will that bite them in the long run? I'm not counting on it but it's still a pretty big question mark if he continues to play most games.

Like ocho said, they're perimeter shooting has been scolding hot to start the year across the board but especially PG13.. Once some of these guys start coming back down to earth will there defense rise to compensate for it because that side of the ball has def. regressed to start the season compared to last year for sure. They're clearly our biggest competition in the West by a large margin but they have a lot of question marks.
johnnyhandsome
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
I could see the Mavs also possibly taking them out if they meet early on again.. Will Porzingis actually be healthy in the Playoffs though? That's the big question and without him they def. wont beat the Clippers 4 games.

It's also interesting that Kawhi is looking to play most games this year so far in a condensed season since they don't have much depth so will that bite them in the long run? I'm not counting on it but it's still a pretty big question mark if he continues to play most games.

Like ocho said, they're perimeter shooting has been scolding hot to start the year across the board but especially PG13.. Once some of these guys start coming back down to earth will there defense rise to compensate for it because that side of the ball has def. regressed to start the season compared to last year for sure. They're clearly our biggest competition in the West by a large margin but they have a lot of question marks.

The reason why most are shooting at a high clip is because most of their 3 pt shots are open shots. Looking at today's game, they're shooting horribly but all their shots are consistently open and uncontested. It's the ball movement that is allowing those open shots.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers offense is generating the highest percentage of open threes. Even if they cool off, they'll still be among the best.

I see PG is finally having his regression game. Kawhi with another great performance. This is Kawhi's best shot at winning an MVP. Missing games won't hurt you much this season.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

So Kawhi isn’t faking a limp this season?

I’m confused as to what his storyline is this season
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm really annoyed they keep tying with the Lakers for best record. I really hope we can pull away in coming weeks.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
I'm really annoyed they keep tying with the Lakers for best record. I really hope we can pull away in coming weeks.

I dont think that will happen soon, they have an easier coming schedule than the Lakers. They might overtake the Lakers this next 5 games if the Lakers happen to lose to some of the Top 8 teams in their schedule.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Clippers 7 game winning streak came against OKC 2x, Kings 2x, Pelicans, Pacers, and Bulls, basically 6 lottery teams.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

This season, I could care less about home court advantage. Stay healthy and gel. Only team in the west the can maybe beat us are the Clippers but no fans are going to be in the arena in LA anyway.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
This season, I could care less about home court advantage. Stay healthy and gel. Only team in the west the can maybe beat us are the Clippers but no fans are going to be in the arena in LA anyway.

The way were playing on the road this year... Maybe a good idea not to have home court.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

It would mostly be Lakers fans anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Clippers 7 game winning streak came against OKC 2x, Kings 2x, Pelicans, Pacers, and Bulls, basically 6 lottery teams.

Yup, and there are more in the coming schedule. They just have an easier early schedule. They will go down anyway once they have tougher schedule in the 2nd half of the season.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject:

While ocho makes a valid point, the same can be said about us. We have the following 3 point percentages that are unlikely to stick.

Caruso 57.1 (1.5 makes a game)
KCP 56.9 (2.4 makes)
Kuz 40 (1.9 makes)

Yes those guys are mostly taking wide open 3s the offense around AD-Bron creates for them, but I would be shocked if those numbers didn't fall closer to 40 for Caruso-KCP, and 36-37 for Kuz.

Even us, we will get back down to earth eventually shooting, just as the Clips will. I will say, we are getting a ridiculous amount of open looks with the weapons we have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

Those are historic numbers. Curry was/is considered elite at about 45%. AC is hitting at a 57.1% and KCP at 56.9%?

Unsustainable. I want to be soooo wrong when the season ends. That would be a tasty piece of crow to eat.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

Narrative starting to flip

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928199-nba-power-rankings-sorry-lakers-the-league-has-a-new-alpha

#WeBelieve
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928199-nba-power-rankings-sorry-lakers-the-league-has-a-new-alpha

#WeBelieve

I was surprised ESPN kept the Lakers at #1. I was expecting them to put the once again invincible Clippers at the top of rankings again.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

#WeBelieve

They just don't learn
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

nba.com has the lakers ranked #1.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

#WeBelieve

As Dutch van der Linde would say, "Good. I prefer it that way."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 285, 286, 287 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 286 of 439
Jump to: